Calculating days and dates

I need to calculate the number of working days (ie Monday to Friday)
from the date entered in cell D4 (22/07/2005).  This needs to update
each day in cell E4.

I can do this not based on working days, by entering

=DATEDIF(D4,TODAY(),"d")

but where in the formula do I reference it to working days or network
days?  HELP!

--
HDV
HDV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26299

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use the NETWORKDAYS function to do what you ask.

=NETWORKDAYS(D4,TODAY(),E4:E10)

where D4 is the start date and E4:E10 is a list of holidays (entered i
valid date format) to exclude from your count (optional, omit or adjus
the range to meet your needs).

In your example, 17 is returned with TODAY() being 15Aug2005 and n
holidays counted in this timeframe.  Note that it counts the first da
in the range as day 1 and the last day listed is also counted.)

I believe you need to have the Analysis Tool Pack Add-In installed t
have the function available.  Click Tools>Add-ins and place a check b
this item and click OK.

HTH

Bruc

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39578

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

Custom date format for days ... again ... thx <g>
Sorry about this but a recent question re custom date format was a special case type of scenario and I'm finding that I still don't know how to change to my preferred date format for most spreadsheets. The new sheet I'm trying to fix might show how to do this once and for all. In today's sheet I have 2 cells, B2 is formatted as "ddd" and C2 as "mmm.dd.yyyy". C2 is a date entered by user where B2 is dependent on C2 via the formula "=C3". I was hoping to finally learn how to get XL to change the "ddd" format of" Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed...

how to calculate outliers

Outlook fails to connect to exchange every second day.
Hi, I have a client who uses exchange and asked about a bizzare behaviour they have been experiencing. Apparently every (approximate) two days when they come into the office their outlook will fail to connect to exchange. What they have been doing to fix this is to Reboot exchange. For some reason this is working. What I am hoping to find is a "fix" that doens't require a reboot. :) There seems to be an error in the event log indicating that the exchange database is larger than it is allowed to be. Could this cause the experience they are seeing? Any clu...

Calculated field options???

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

documents in transaction inquiry should default to date
When first entering the Payables Transaction Inquiry - Vendors screen, the documents section is defaulted to "by document number." It would be extremely helpful to have the option of being able to change the Documents default to "by Document Date." ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Show only Latest date in reuslts of a query
Hi I have a parent table holding review dates and a child table with audit trail entries made with dates. I want to extract all documents with a review date within a range (select query doing this) and would also like to see only the latest audit trail entry in the the child table. At the moment my select query shows a document with all audit trail entries. Any suggestions on how I can get only the latest audit trail entry would be deeply appreciated. Thanks Dee Select query left join to --- Group by query with these fields -- Audit_Identifier Max(audit trail entry da...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Date formatting 01-07-10
Hi- I have a system that downloads into Excel a timestamp in this format: Thursday, December 31, 2009 8:00:59 AM however, this is not a date field but rather a general field so that I can't use formatting to get to December 31, 2009 I'd appreciate suggestions for stripping it down. Thanks. Hi Stephanie With your value in cell A1, then =MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,FIND("^",SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","^",2))+6-(FIND(",",A1)+2)) -- Regards Roger Govier "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Bug in CDateTimeCtrl for 2 days only?
Our application is exhibiting a strange bug today out of the blue. The CDateTimeCtrl is exhibiting a strange behavior. I have it set so that the format is MMMM YYYY so we don't see the day. If it's set as a spin control or if you use the arrows to inc/dec the month it doesn't show February. It goes from January to <blank) then to March. By default it's populated with today's date. Jan 30 and Jan 31 cause problems. It's behaving like it think the month is actually February where 30th and 31st don't exist. Shouldn't the control automatically i...

Dmin for nearest date
DMin ( expression, domain, [criteria] ) A column in my query calculates a due date for each record. The report needs to show the nearest/soonest due date for each employee. The report is sorted by employee so I figured I could put this into a text box: =DMin("DueDate","q_Inventory","DueDate") But, under every employee is the same date, it shows the minimum date in the query, but not for each person... How can I make it reflext each Min date? ??? Try a Totals query and change DueDate from Group By to Min. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little ...

Inserting date calculations