Calculated Field in Pivot Table #3

Hi
I am building a Pivot Table to create projections for sales figures
based on previous sales.  I have added a calculated field that uses
the following If function: =3DIF('Previous Year'<=3D1000000,'Previous
Year'*1.12,'Previous Year'*0.98) this works fine, however the
subtotals for each product (some products have 2 sizes available) are
using the If test and not adding the actual values together.  This is
an example of my results:
Row Labels             Next Year
Blance Latte           R2,270,495.97 (total for Blance Latte)
        50	             R2,270,495.97 (Calc using if)
Caf=E9 Latte	             R5,524,118.63 (total for both Caf=E9 Latte prods
- not adding R5,599,675 but using the if test)
        50	               R604,453.69 (Calc using if)
      110	            R4,995,221.66 (Calc using if)
Cappuccino           R2,875,072.24 (total for Cappuccino should be
R2,999,576)
       50	            R2,003,544.85 (Calc using if)
     110	              R996,031.31 (Calc using if)
Cinnamon&Orange R3,778,447.86 (total for C&O calced correctly - both
over 1 mil)
      50	            R1,221,729.13 (Calc using if)
    110	            R2,556,718.72 (Calc using if)
How can I get the calculated field to sum the values for the sub
totals and not use the if function to determine the value?  It works
if I change the row labels to group by mass, then by name, but would
prefer to have them by name, then by mass.
Thanks
Heather
0
hgoslin (3)
6/4/2008 2:17:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Fev,

Now you need a calculated Item.  Select the field containing the Row Labels,
and choose Pivot Table, Formulas, Calculated Item.
Name your formula, then create a formala like =Capachino+Latti+....
You may also want to turn off the pivot table's own subtotal.
The steps above are for 2003 and earlier.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Fev" wrote:

> Hi
> I am building a Pivot Table to create projections for sales figures
> based on previous sales.  I have added a calculated field that uses
> the following If function: =IF('Previous Year'<=1000000,'Previous
> Year'*1.12,'Previous Year'*0.98) this works fine, however the
> subtotals for each product (some products have 2 sizes available) are
> using the If test and not adding the actual values together.  This is
> an example of my results:
> Row Labels             Next Year
> Blance Latte           R2,270,495.97 (total for Blance Latte)
>         50	             R2,270,495.97 (Calc using if)
> Café Latte	             R5,524,118.63 (total for both Café Latte prods
> - not adding R5,599,675 but using the if test)
>         50	               R604,453.69 (Calc using if)
>       110	            R4,995,221.66 (Calc using if)
> Cappuccino           R2,875,072.24 (total for Cappuccino should be
> R2,999,576)
>        50	            R2,003,544.85 (Calc using if)
>      110	              R996,031.31 (Calc using if)
> Cinnamon&Orange R3,778,447.86 (total for C&O calced correctly - both
> over 1 mil)
>       50	            R1,221,729.13 (Calc using if)
>     110	            R2,556,718.72 (Calc using if)
> How can I get the calculated field to sum the values for the sub
> totals and not use the if function to determine the value?  It works
> if I change the row labels to group by mass, then by name, but would
> prefer to have them by name, then by mass.
> Thanks
> Heather

Pivot Tables. A goob book required
I need a power users book on Excel 2000 or later Pivot Tables. Any Suggestions Please? WardB I don't know of any books dedicated to PivotTables, but there are some links to information here: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivotlinks.htm WardBell wrote: > I need a power users book on Excel 2000 or later Pivot > Tables. Any Suggestions Please? > > WardB -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

IIF statement pulling from wrong field
I have a query have has the 5 variations of the following IIF statement: Bag Total: IIf(" " & [Unit of Measure] & " " Like "* BAG *",[Qty],Null) this statement says to add up if the unit of measure if it is a bag. I am attempting to add another IIF statement that says =Sum(IIf([product type] Like "*printed*", [pounds], 0)) - I am trying to add up if the product type has the word printed in it total it at each customer and at the end of the report. When I use this IIF statement on my report, it is totalling the amount from the printed IIf(...

How to calculate age of a person?

Form Fields
I have created a form for use by others. I used the Text form fields format when creating the form, my problem is the main text in the form does not stay locked in place. When we try to type to fill in the form fields it moves the main body text. I have tried using the Document Protection tab and telling it to allow formatting only in the form fields but that still does not prevent the other text from moving. I did this in word 2007. Any idea on what to do to lock the main body in to allow filling in just the Form fields. Hi Michael, The simplest way to gain control over the ...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Making one field bold in a concatanated string
This issue is in MS Access 2003 I have a string with the last name and first name fields concatanated. I would like to bold the last name field only. Is there anyway to do this? The standard text box in Access 2003 and earlier cannot do that. Stephen Lebans has a solution here: http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "abnewallo" <abnewallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519C584...

Dynamics 4.0 slow to retrieve data when custom fields / lookups us
We've have this issue whereby if a custom field, say on the contact, is indexed, when you use advanced find, it seems to use the index. The response is acceptable. It appears however it you use the standard search bar and try the lookup, it appears that table scans are happening. Can anyone advise if we're reading the situation correctly and whether there is a way to speed up to normal search. Thanks -- C ...

Getting primary/foreign keys and referenced tables and columns
OK, I've been wrestling with this for a while; time to ask for help. I need a query (SQL 2005/2008) that, given a table name, will return the column information for that table as shown in SSMS (schema name, table name, column name, if it's a primary or foreign key; AND, additionally, if it is a foreign key - the referenced table and column that contains the primary key). I have been able to put together a query to get primary keys and one to get the foreign keys, but unable to pull it all together with the inclusion of the reference information for foreign keys! Any h...

tenure calculations

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Pivot Tables referring to external data query
In my excel file I am querying external data(an ODBC database) in one sheet. The query data amounts to over 10,000 rows. I am using a pivot table to summarize the query data. As my query data expands, the pivot table range doesn't expand. Is there a setting that enables the pivot table range to expands with the query data? When the query is imported, a name should be automatically created in Excel. You can use that as the pivot table source. To find the name: Select the sheet that contains the imported data Right-click on a cell in the imported data range Choose Data Range Pr...

IMF Problem #3
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 and understand there is an Iteligent Message Filter built in. I have the option if I goto Global Settings & Message Delivery Properties but under SMTP in Protocols it does not appear here. Does anybody know why and how to get it I would like to start using this functionality. Many Thanks Glen Knight On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:22:11 +0100, "GKnight" <glen.knight@gpisolutions.co.uk> wrote: >Hello, >I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 and understand there is an Iteligent Message >Filter built in. > >I have the option if I...

Copying Addresses from the To field
I thouight I had posted this but if so it's somewhere obscure so I'm trying again! I have a large number of addresses I need tyo get into a manageable format i.e. useable email addresses, a latge proportion are formatted like this: 'familiarname!<someones@somewhere>. If I copy no matter what I do it will only paste the familiar name, the address is lost. I have tried every combination I cam think of. I have about 800 addresses and it would be aweful if I have to manually edit them. Any ideas? thanks If they in the To... field, right click each individually and select Add...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Office 2004 Upgrade #3
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I bought my new mac in Jan and finally downloaded Office 2004 trial. I think it's OK - so far - but can't seem to purchase the actual version - I only get led to Office for Mac 2008. Now I see an offer to get a free upgrade to 2008 IF I purchase 2004 B/4 3/15. I sure would appreciate help from anyone who can enlighten me.... On 3/9/08 4:18 PM, in article ee92e7a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Roger_Gauen@officeformac.com" <Roger_Gauen@officeformac.com> wrote: > I bought my new mac in Jan and finally download...

Email formatting #3
Hi all, the company I work for have finally switched to Outlook 2003 and as we work with it on a day to day basis the users here find the odd problem that nees to be ironed out. Today I was asked about the format of the email. the user has a signature which is a html file to maintain its style and when he sends email out it looks as it should, however on reply from one of his contacts it changes the format to plain text and it looks ugly. I asked him to change these settings for that particular contact.. 1. Open the contact card for the person. 2. In the E-mail box, double-cl...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...