calculate swim times

Hi,
How can I track swim event times - mm:ss.ms format?  I need to go two digits
deep in the MS format.   This is to be used to track swimmer's times and
chart progress.

Thank you all for your time and help.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Format the cells with

    Format/Cells/Number/Custom   mm:ss.00

In article <46dGc.9460$Bv.1107548@twister.tampabay.rr.com>,
 "saladbar" <larrysalazar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> How can I track swim event times - mm:ss.ms format?  I need to go two digits
> deep in the MS format.   This is to be used to track swimmer's times and
> chart progress.
>
> Thank you all for your time and help.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/5/2004 1:59:59 PM
saladbar schreef in

> How can I track swim event times - mm:ss.ms format?

Cell Properties - Numberformat:
mm:ss.00

--
Amedee Van Gasse
http://www.amedee.be

To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime.

Dit bericht is geplaatst in een nieuwsgroep. Post je evt antwoord of
vervolgvraag graag in dezelfde thread in de nieuwsgroep a.u.b.
Hi Saladbar!

Enter the start and stop times as per the watch / clock

hh:mm:ss.00

Elapsed time
=StopTime-StartTime
Format mm:ss.00

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)
7/5/2004 2:05:35 PM
Thank you all for your time, I really appreciate it!

I am using Excel 2000, and it seems that this version will roll up to 1/10s
of a second (rounds up .27 to .3).  The only place I can find a way to
modify things is by the following position from the toolbar:

format- cell - special mm:ss:0
A similar method appears when I use format - time - 02:57.0

Does this version of excel only go 1 digit deep?   I don't want to
overextend my welcome, but I appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you again
for your time!

--
Larry Salazar
"Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Saladbar!
>
> Enter the start and stop times as per the watch / clock
>
> hh:mm:ss.00
>
> Elapsed time
> =StopTime-StartTime
> Format mm:ss.00
>

> --
> Regards
> Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
> Sydney, Australia
> njharker@optusnet.com.au

For me, the display defaults to 1 decimal digit unless I format the cell
to show two, as in my other reply.

You can either preformat or format after entry.

In article <g7jGc.18524$uK.13665@twister.tampabay.rr.com>,
 "saladbar" <larrysalazar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does this version of excel only go 1 digit deep?   I don't want to
> overextend my welcome, but I appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you again
> for your time!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Calculations And Order In Macros
I have a macro that prints a message to the user, then calculates hundreds of links (several minutes), then needs to clear the message. The macro is basically, "print message, calculate, clear message". Will Excel wait until it finishes updating the links before going to the next step in the macro to clear the message? I cannot use the "wait" or "OnTime" command because there is no way to predict how long the calculation will take. Thanks. You say "print the message" and you say "clear the message". Do you have a message that is being s...

how to enter date and time
I like to enter date and time in a cell, can someone tell me the best way to enter? Enter "Ctrl+;" "Soe" <soe@soe> wrote in message news:uM5WWMNKEHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to enter date and time in a cell, can someone tell me the best way to > enter? > > Hi Soe Lots of info on Dates and Times here http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelDateandTimes.htm For the current date use; Ctrl+; For the curent time use; Ctrl+Shift+: For the current date and time, use; Ctrl+; Space Ctrl+Shift+: ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Template...

Calculating Elasped Time
I am trying to calculate how many business hours have elasped from a certain start dateand time. my business hours are m-f 7:00am-6:00 pm. When someone issues a service request I have 8 business hours to complete, if the call comes in at 4:00pm, (i have 2 hours in that day, plus 6 hours in the next day = 1:00 PM.....That is the date that I want populated so i can look down the list and see what is due -- bhomer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bhomer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28935 View this thread:...

Excel wont calculate formulas
Hi I dont know what I did, but Excel wont calculate formulas for me. When I type one in and click enter it just displays the formula. What have I done!?!? and how do I fix it! Please help Thanks:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your cells are likely to be formatted as Text. Select the cells concerned and : Format / Cells / Number Tab / General -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails * "arunsharm82 >" <<arunsharm82.11q5ov@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:arunsharm...

how to automate min and max on axis based on calculation
While automating some chart making with code, I am trying to automate the span of time reflected on the x-axis. Auto doesn't work because I need the beginning to be based on an October of a given year. Similarly I have requirements for the max. The appropriate min and max are calculated elsewhere, but I am not sure how to code it to accept the value from a cell. Any help would be much appreciated. TIA This has to be done programmatically. For a ready-made solution see AutoChart Manager http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www...

Formatting a cell for time
I have several thousand cells formatted for time as hh:mm:ss AM/PM. In the cell, the time is only showing as 09:00:00. I can get the AM or PM to appear only be entering the cell and pressing Return. Is there a quick way for me to do this on all cells (i.e., by a range)? Thanks! Hi format the cells with hh:mm am -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Maria wrote: > I have several thousand cells formatted for time as > hh:mm:ss AM/PM. In the cell, the time is only showing as > 09:00:00. I can get the AM or PM to appear only be > entering the cell and pressing Retur...

Data over time graph
I'm in construction, and I'm trying to put together a graph that will show cost exposure over time for our various subs. Basically, what I want is a graph that shows running totals for our subcontractors - so if we have a sub that is on a particular job from 9/10 - 10/15 for 15 million dollars and another job from 10/3 - 11/2 for 20 million dollars, the sub is exposed for 15 million dollars up through 10/3, 35 million through 10/15, and 20 million through 11/2. I want to make a graph that would show this data, but for multiple subs. I'm not sure exactly how to set up an exce...

Accept Propose time icon missing
Hello When sending between outlook2007 and outlook2003 and vise vera the accept propose icon is missing the from toolbar, the body in text has New Meeting Time Proposed thanks On May 5, 3:42=A0pm, totalnet32 <totalne...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello > > When sending between outlook2007 and outlook2003 and vise vera the > accept propose icon is =A0missing the from toolbar, this only happens whe= n someone Proposed a new time. the body in text has New Meeting Time Prop= osed > > thanks ...

Outlook Time Problem
Hello all I am having a problem with daylight savings time on several of my machines. They are running Outlook 2000 and Windows XP. Since the change to DST these users' calendar's are off by one hour. I have checked to make sure the "adjust for DST" setting is set. When the DST option is unchecked the appt's show up at the correct times. Do you have any suggestions of what to look for next? Thanks John Did you check time zones on the user's pc? And also XP has this time server thing i disabled it. Since for laptop when the saleman travels the time doesn't...

Time-based floating bar chart
I have a problem similar to "Kaixi". I have data for elapsed times of backups, and I'm trying to chart the beginning and ending time of the backups for each server. The only problem is that each server may have more than one backup job, so I need to chart the elapsed time from the earliest start time to the latest end time, with gaps shown where there is no activity. The data looks like this: server start-time end-time abc 08:00 08:30 abc 08:00 08:45 abc 09:00 09:30 def 09:00 09:10 def 0...

Add time from a date/time field
I have a column named PlannedStartDate that contains a date/time field (ex:2/29/2008 3:15:08 PM) in another column i want to to show what the date/time would be in exactly 2 hours. Figured it out. Zero Hour: ([Planned Start]+(1/12)) "Qaspec" wrote: > I have a column named PlannedStartDate that contains a date/time field > (ex:2/29/2008 3:15:08 PM) in another column i want to to show what the > date/time would be in exactly 2 hours. > A better method might be to use the dateAdd function. Zero Hour: DateAdd("h",2,[Planned Start]) -- John Spencer Acc...

Can't receive after an amount of time
Windows XP Professional Roadrunner Connection Office XP Professional PC-Cillin Microsoft ActiveSync for Pocket PC (I sync calendar/tasks/notes only) I run Outlook 2003 and have several email addresses I check. Everything works but after awhile I get the following error from every email address (most from different companies): Task '*** - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' After res...

SQL 7 and last time stored procedures was ran
Is it somehow possible to determine in MS SQL 7 when a stored procedure was last ran? I know I could add logging to determine this but we have lots if stored procedures here that would require us modifying the code to do this so looking for an easy way before heading down that path. Thanks On Wed, 26 May 2010 12:03:45 -0400, "Nobody" <trinity@nobody.com> wrote: >Is it somehow possible to determine in MS SQL 7 when a stored >procedure was last ran? I know I could add logging to determine this >but we have lots if stored procedures here that wou...

How do I count the number of time 2 columns meet my criteria
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this formula? I am trying to say if the text in column B = this, and the text from column C = this, and then count the returned values: =IF(b4:b118,"Consistent Support Staff",IF(C4:C118,"Positive"),"1","0")) -- mrswhit try =sumproduct((b4:b118="Consistent Support Staff")*(c4:C118="Positive")) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mrswhit9" <Mrswhit9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9F52CA3-53...

Time Calc
I have this formula to get Elapsed Time...it works fine except I have an additional problem. My Date and Time are two seperate fields for reasons to deep to go into. Should I or can I combine the two fields LogDateIn & LogTimeIn to make this work or is there another way. =DateDiff("n",[LogTimeIn],[LogTimeOut]) The fields are... LogDateIn LogTimeIn LogDateOut LogTimeOut Thanks DS You should be able to add the two together LogDateIn + LogTImeIn to get a value that is the date and time together. The only problem will be if one of the two is Null (blank) then you will ...

Calculating Time
Hi I'm trying to do a basic workshift for adding up my timesheets for work. I work 07:00 to 14:00 on the morning shift, 14:00 to 21:00 on the afternoon shift and 21:00 to 07:00 on nights. Then I have to add 20% for the shift premium. In column A I've put the start time, Column B the finish time, Column C the total and Column D the extra 20%. My problem lies when I take column A from Column B, It won't calculate night shift because the first figure is greater than the second TIA Steve Steve, take a look at Chip Pearson's discussion of date and time arithmetic at http://www....

Web Service Automatic Tax Calculation
When using the new Web Services to create Purchase Orders taxes have to be calculated outside of GreatPlains as eConnect as no built in tax engine for POP. This means that functionality that is core to Dynamics GP is being duplicated through customizations. What should happen is that the Web Services should pass along the vendor information to eConnect and have eConnect automatically do all the tax calculations for the purchase order. We have exactly the same issue with sales invoices, purchase orders, and for purchase receipts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micros...

Run-Time error '94': Invalid Use of Null??????
Hi I have a record lock function in my form which works fine until I click New Entry, which would normally start a new blank record. I keep getting the error message... Run-Time error '94': Invalid use of Null If I click Debug it highlights the line... If recordlock Then in yellow. This is the bit that is in the Form_Current area. Does anyone know what I need to do to get rid of it? The code looks like this but with 99% of all of the fields inserted into it inc its autonumber. Private Sub Form_Current() operativebutton.Enabled = Not IsNull(operativecombo) ...

Time to text conversion
I have Mac's version of Office (Office 2004), but it shouldn't matter.. The problem: I have a column in a table containing times (for some events). Data found in the cells looks like this: 1) "20:00 2) "20:00/22:00" (starting/ending time) Excel has automatically formated type 1 cells as "time", and type 2 cells as "text". I need all the cells to be formatted as "text". How? If i change the formatting of a cell, it displays something like "0.833333" (20.00 divided by 24). The only solution I came out with is copying the whole co...

how to get the system setup time.
I want to get the system setup time. but this code didn't work! CreateFile always return -1, and the error code is 0x00000005!(Access is denied.) TCHAR path[MAX_PATH]; if (GetWindowsDirectory(path, MAX_PATH)==0) break; HANDLE h = CreateFile(path, GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); if (h==INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) break; // always return Access is denied.! FILETIME ft1, ft2, ft3; if (!GetFileTime(h, &ft1, &ft2, &ft3)) break; thank you ! Buried in the MSDN documentation for the CreateFile function, there...

looking between two times?
I am new to access and i created a db that tracks production time. my problem is that i have a form with a start time and end time and i need to write vba code to look between the start time and end time to see if there is a predefined lunch and break time and subtract it from the total time. can any one help me! Are you storing the times as date/time fields or as text fields? -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? Free subscription: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SU...

Calculatimg Time
I have a cell that has calculated the number of hour from setting off to arrival ie 3hrs. What I want is to have a column that says if the travel time is more than 3hrs I want the letter "Y" to appear. Any ideas how I can do that? =IF(HOUR(B2-A2)>3,"Y","N") Where A2 holds the start time and B2 the end time -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "ezeetyger" <wilson_ja2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:2f78e306.0408050933.26857da9@posting.google.com....

Several files opening at the same time
I have a shortcut on my Quick Launch bar to a file called Index.xls wherein other hyperlinks take me to a zillion other places as a means of organisation of my computer data. For a couple of months I've been finding that whenever I click Index.xls another file called PERSONAL.XLS opens as well (or in fact momentarily before). I don't know why this is happening. As far as I know I did not change anything that might cause this phenomenon. I located PERSONAL.XLS and changed the filename to PERSONAL.XL1 to see if that might prevent it from opening, but now I have PERSONAL.XL1, PERSONA...

Run time error after performing Z report
I have a user that has reported the following error message after performing a Z report on 3 tills: "Runtime ERror 2147217873 (80040E2F) Violation of primary constraint cannot duplicate key in object item" Now, I *think* she is doing something after running the Z report, though I don't know what. She has said something vague about sending files to the others (?) but I really don't know what she has done. As far as I know the tills weren't offline or anything like that, but I guess it can't be ruled out. Has anyone come across this error before or have a cl...

Case Resolution & Total Time in CRM3.0
I have noticed that the Total Time displayed when Resolving a Case is not accurate in that it only seems to show time spent on email activities. I have one case where an 8hr appointment shows up in the History but this is not being included in Total Time. Any ideas ? Ian ...