buttons disappear when in another country

While trying to demonstrate my super application at a different site,
all the buttons and checkboxes disappeared after being visible for only
a second.  When adding a button it disappeared too, showing only an
outline when autosize was set to true. :confused:

Back in my own country things went back to normal. I'm using Microsoft
Office 2003.  Any ideas?? Codepage/localization issue?

--
gogo
gogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32470

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It seems there are a number of posts in exceltip.com which relate a
similar problem -.

Disappearing charts
Charts and Graphs disappearing
Controls on form disappear
Strange behavior w/ Text, Button, & Check Boxes
Controls on form disappear
text boxes disappear off screen
Buttons disappear

--

gogo wrote:
> While trying to demonstrate my super application at a different site,
> all the buttons and checkboxes disappeared after being visible for only
> a second.  When adding a button it disappeared too, showing only an
> outline when autosize was set to true. :confused:
>
> Back in my own country things went back to normal. I'm using Microsoft
> Office 2003.  Any ideas?? Codepage/localization issue?

Are you taking your own computer to the other country? Or are you
running your Excel file on a local computer there?
In either case, try to use the original regional settings for the
computer that works properly.

Bill
0
wfsnopam (66)
3/15/2006 9:26:18 PM
hi and thanks for the reply

it's my own pc logged onto their lan.  another person from a differen
country had the same experience with the file

--
gog
gogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3247
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52257

Do not Email Button
Folks, can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do not email, using the radio button on their record, does not get emailed? thanks Pat No this does not work consistently throughout the system. I believe it has been logged as a bug but no resolution has been provided as far as I am aware. "Phifunk" <Phifunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD32EE5B-4BCD-419F-BA5E-FBE7A31843E1@microsoft.com... > Folks, > > can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do > not email, using the radio button...

Option Buttons/Radio Buttons
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have 2 option buttons in each row (total of 20 rows) I would like the only one of the 2 buttons in each row are on or off. The problem I am having is that it dosent matter which button on which row I select, only that button is active. All the other buttons go blank. I have tried changing the source for each pair of buttons but when I do all the other button sources change as well. How do i set up the buttons so that I can select one of the 2 in every row.? Example 20 buttons in total - 10 buttons active and 10 buttons inactive Thanks John You have to grou...

Moving a Button in a Dialog
I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN) pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ) Rect.left += 1 Rect.right += 1 pBtnOK->MoveWindow( &Rect, TRUE) Thanks in advance. Rahvin wrote: > I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command: > > CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN); > pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ); > Rect.left +...

Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003
Dear all, We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003, in conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the user click on the Address Book icon inside Outlook, the Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown menu disappear. Restarting Outlook can solve the problem. What causes this behaviour? Regards, Michael Hi, does anyone got any updates or fixes to this issue ??? If yes, would you please drop me an email with the solution... ? I would appreciate it a lot... Thanks in advance Ri -- rtrimarch ---------------------------------------------------------...

Settings Button , Customize Button and Service Calendar
Here are the links you can put inside the outlook client to access this menu's inside outlook without having to use the web client to make the changes in your organization Just creat a new folder in the CRM structure ( or not ) , in the properties windows ( homepage ) Insert the following info. Settings http://crm:port/tools/home_tools.aspx?pid=0 System Customization http://crm:port/tools/systemcustomization/systemcustomization.aspx?pid=0 Service Calendar http://crm:port/sm/home_apptbook.aspx You have to creat a folder for each link . Im using this , i dont know if microsoft recommen...

VB to search a value in an array from a sheet then write another c
I have problem that has bugged me for the last 2 weeks which looks like can not be handled by excel function, since excel formula can not facilitate to write a value to another cell. # Condition -> workbook consist of 5 sheets --> sheet1 contain list of text composed of 4-5 characters (AAAA, ASDF, ABCD3, ...etc) listed vertically ....|...A...| 1 | ASDF 2 | AHGI9 3 | AERT 4 | ... .... --> sheet2 contain list of 4-chars possibilities from AAAA-AZZZ. [] A.......B.........C ========================================== 1|......|...A...|...B...| ... ----------------...

Missing Send Button #3
My kids messed up something in Outlook. I have XP Hmoe and office 2000. My outlook works fine (under my user) but my wife's is now missing the send button in the toolbar. Thus seh cannot send emails. I cannot check the response toolbar under customize. Do I need to uninstall then reinstall or is there a way to fix it without having to do that? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Is her mail account installed and working? Does reinstalling the account clear up the situation? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Buttons Issue with Access 2007 on Vista
Hi there! I have a client who has a simple access DB. If he runs it onXP/Access 2007 no issue, but if he runs it on vista/access2007, he can't click any of the buttons on any of theforms! Could someone shed some light please?...

Read e-mails disappear
I have installed Outlook on a new machine for a current user. All of his old e-mails are not visible in the viewer. However, they can be seen on the old computer. I am sure it is a setting problem, but I can't seem to find which one. Can you help? "ceil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:410101c3e424$8ee20ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Outlook on a new machine for a current > user. All of his old e-mails are not visible in the > viewer. However, they can be seen on the old computer. > I am sure it is a setting pro...

outlook 2003 Send/Receive disappears
Friend called me about this and I had never seen it before - any comments ? Open Outlook 2003 you see the SEND/RECEIVE button on the toolbar and then after 5-10 seconds it disappears from the standard toolbar. I walked him thru right-click on toolbar - customize and Tools - but Send/Receive not there. He said that PC had no changes when this started happening. He had tried Outlook - REPAIR prior to calling me. He did have Zonealarm Pro on there until last week and then he installed Norton Internet Security, but he said this was an issue before those changes. He's going to reins...

Another one mistake, sorry
Sorry, I found that there is an error in the application log on exchange server But the messages still do not route Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMExRouter Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 21.02.2007 Time: 17:15:35 User: N/A Computer: EXCH01 Description: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Delivering message: Re: почта1 CRM:01290051 in mailbox: crmsales failed (System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage mess...

Moving SQL Databases to another drive results in error
I am trying to move the CRM SQL Databases to another drive that has more space and I get a replication error. Is there any documentation to help me move these successfully?? McKenzie This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C5A44F.29F39C90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable you can do this but you need to disable replication and re-enable = afterwards Use SQL Enterprise manager, select the database you want to move and = then=20 choose the option (after right click) to detach the database,then ...

Outlook Custom Button
Hi All, Is there a way to add a custom button to Outlook 2003 SP-2 standard tool bar and have it replicate to all the users in the domain? Thanks CG You'd need to add it using a script or vba and push it out via a logon script. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

Superscript Button and Subscript Button
I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? "=?Utf-8?B?U2xvdGg=?=" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3D6FC2A9-56DD-49DD-B2A3-0DC028A12184@microsoft.com: > I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the > superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the > superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? > Record a macro for each and tie them to buttons. ...

Problem with VBA code on command button
I have a form that has a combo box to select a month. The name of the combo box is txtmontha (I realise it would have been better to name it cmb???) The is a command button that when clicked should open a form where the date selected from the combo box is the same value as the date on the form. Here is the code behind the command button: Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click Dim strqtr As String strqtr = Me.txtmontha.Value Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA" Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSou...

making one cell equal another cell and having the pointer stay fix
I want to make one cell equal another cell. For example I want cell A1 to equal cell B1. In cell A1 I type '=B1'. Then I enter a value in B1 and I see the value I typed in A1. But when I moved the value in B1 to another cell, the formula in A1 automatically changes to point at the cell that I moved the contents in B1 to. Is there any way I can prevent this? thanks Hank You always want to retrieve the value in B1? =indirect("b1") Hank wrote: > > I want to make one cell equal another cell. For example I want cell A1 to > equal cell B1. In cell A1 I ty...

ActiveX Option Buttons
:confused: Hello, I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return. I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to th same cell. That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' o 'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell? Please help -- veci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vecia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=211 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Recording a command button name
I have an application where the user is prompted to save when they leave the the data entry form either by previewing a report of the data or by closing the form completely. There are two buttons a user can use to do this cmdPreview or cmdClose. I use a module to promt the user for svae. What I would like to do is differentiate to the module which button was clicked. Is there a way to do this? thanks You could take a look at Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "E" <...

Custom Button for a Report
Thanks,Tom It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FILE) Wilfredo It might be possible, but it'd be beyond the scope of my ability at present. Good luck, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. "Wilfredo De Jesus" wrote: > Thanks,Tom > > It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations > Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FI...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

Make a button the default button
Hi all If got a form with 3 buttons. First they need to search for a customer and after that for all the articles related for that customer. So in the code for searching a customer I put: Me.knp_Bok_Zoeken.Default = True at the end. But he doesnot make this the default button :S Or at least when I enter a customer and press enter he searches for that customer and if I press enter again he does nothing (instead of running the code to find the articles) Does anybody now what I'm doing wrong? Kind regards Erwin Erwin If you open the form in design view, select the button you wi...

WLM works on one laptop but not another
I am having problems synchronising my mail on my Windows Vista laptop. It doesn't seem to be an issue on my work laptop. I have reinstalled Windows Live but the problem persists. I can view my mail from hotmail.com too on the Vista laptop. here's the latest error message: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (adwormleighton) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mai...

Print button on toolbar linked to specific printer, way to do?
Argggh, they keep changing colour printers on us <lol>! I'm in a govt dept that balloons up/deflates due to election events! In the last 2 weeks, they've changed all the printers around on us as they move them to accommodate needs! At the end of the event, the printers will all return back to their original configurations and locations <phew>! The colour printer is the one that concerns me. Is there a way to just assign a printer, via a macro maybe, to a button on the toolbar? That way, no matter what printer was actually there and no matter where it was locat...