Borders

When I try to draw a border around a cell, it appears in a very faint shade
of grey, almost indistinguishable from the normal gridlines.  How can I
change the default colour of a border to black?  I know how to do it
manually for each cell, but I want to know how to change the default colour
for the borders icon on the format bar.

Thanks

0
E6084 (1)
2/10/2007 7:45:39 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Feb 10, 1:45 pm, "Kieron Capehorn" <kcapehornR.E,M-
O'...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> When I try to draw a border around a cell, it appears in a very faint shade
> of grey, almost indistinguishable from the normal gridlines.  How can I
> change the default colour of a border to black?  I know how to do it
> manually for each cell, but I want to know how to change the default colour
> for the borders icon on the format bar.
>
> Thanks

If you right click on your toolbars,select the formatting toolbar.
Then make sure that you have the "cells" button selected as visible.
Once you have done this click the cells button and select the
appropriate tab.  Make sure that the combo box setting for color is at
Black and you should be set to go.

0
twox4s (36)

Creating borders
can you create a border using a clipart image? I have a request from a client to create a border of many kangaroos and I thought I could convert an image to create a border - but cannot figure it out Thanks! If the image is not too complex, draw a rectangle, Lines, More Lines, BorderArt, Create custom. There are a lot of kangaroos on the Office site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/results.aspx?qu=kangaroo&sc=20#0 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DAFB093-2B75-4E2E-B7F9-25502BC153DC@microso...

Oops! can I change border now?
Well I've just spent months working on my first Publisher document. I've created a 34 page catalog which looks quite nice... I spent a lot of time making sure the master page was nice and even. I did a test print out and it looked fine...however... I forgot that the pages will be stapled...and that though the catalog is acceptable the way it is...I should really move the entire printed area over slightly to the right. Since all pages have used the same master page layout...is there some simple way to get all objects shifted over...on all pages? It would be way too time consuming to mo...

Borders with figures
Hi, I like to make some advertisements. As a border I want to use a picture, for example easter eggs or trees wich are repeating. In Word 2007 I did this by using tabs left and right for the border and insert the image in the textrule, but this is not verry handy. How can I do this easely? Is there an option to just choose the picture and set it as a border? Thank you for responding. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm. If you have Publisher, you will find it a better application for this purpose. Word's Border Art selections do include an Easter egg ...

Combine Ranges to Draw Borders Issue
I have a Sub that I want to combine some ranges and draws borders around them. The ranges are actually next to each other and when I use the Union function it combines the ranges all into one address instead of a bunch of addresses. For example: the below code shows rng.Address = $C$10:$H$14, thus borders get drawn around that range. But I want to draw borders around all the little ranges I specified in rng, thus I want rng.Address = $C$10:$E$14,$F$10:$F$14,$G$10:$G$14,$H$10:$H$14 Is there a way to do this? Sub DrawBorders() Dim rng As Range ' union ...

Cell border before page break
Hello experts! Is it somehow possible to tell Excel to put bottom cell border to the last cell before each page break? Thanks for the answer. Regards. try Sub dopagebrk() With ActiveSheet For i = 1 To .HPageBreaks.Count .HPageBreaks.Item(i).Location.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlContinuous Next i End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Pygmalion" <marko@pinteric.com> wrote in message news:1168332767.626684.176240@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hello experts! > > Is it somehow possible to tell Excel to put b...

corner borders (?) printing on my document
I am creating a card on Publisher. On the left side of my document there is a corner (ninety degree angles) appearing on my document as well as small lines at the bottom and top middle. I see them on print preview, but I don't want them to print. How do I remove them. I don't know what they are called and therefore cannot search any Help topics. I am also having problem centering my text on this card. Do these lines have anything to do with that? thank you, thank you, thank you for your help. I am making up wedding invitations on these cards for a friend and am at my wits end. ...

How do I edit a border in Border Art?
Hello Everyone! I have just selected a border Art, but only want the border to appear at the top and bottom part of the picture, not the left and right sides. Is there a way to edit Border Art to accomplish this? If so, how? Also, I selected a border from Autoshape to appear at the top of my document. (I clicked on the rectangle on Objects, the selected a border from Border Art.) However, I just want a line border, not an entire page border. Is there any other way to accomplish this besides shrinking the size of the rectangle? I've looked throughout the Help pages of Microsoft Pub...

Found Page Border Template. But How Does it Work?
I have been looking for a way in excel to put a border around each pag printed (similar to Word's Page Border option). Apparently, so hav many other users. I found the attached excel file in response to a similar post b another user on this site but for the life of me a cannot figure ou how it does it. Are their any excel wizard's that can look at the attached excel fil and help me figure out how this file accomplishes the bodering of eac page? I cannot sleep until I know Attachment filename: page border template.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com...

Borders
When I try to draw a border around a cell, it appears in a very faint shade of grey, almost indistinguishable from the normal gridlines. How can I change the default colour of a border to black? I know how to do it manually for each cell, but I want to know how to change the default colour for the borders icon on the format bar. Thanks On Feb 10, 1:45 pm, "Kieron Capehorn" <kcapehornR.E,M- O'...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > When I try to draw a border around a cell, it appears in a very faint shade > of grey, almost indistinguishable from the normal gridlines....

Changing border thickness
I have a custom dialog box class that overrides the frame/ background drawing. I want to change the thickness of the frame border as well. The window should resize to accomodate the wider border; the client area should remain unchanged. This is what I have now: CMyDialog::OnNcCalcSize( BOOL bCalcValidRects, NCCALCSIZE_PARAMS* lpncsp ) { CDialog::OnNcCalcSize( bCalcValidRects, lpncsp ); RECT rect; GetWindowRect( &rect ); rect.left -= m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.top -= m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.right += m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.bottom += m_pS...

Is it possible to have rounded corners in cells with borders.
Just wondered if there is any way to have rounded corners in highlighted cells. I am making up a spreadsheet and the Date box etc and it would look better with rounded corners. Any help is appreciated if not are there any good Freeware invoice design software programs about. Thanks in Advance Ron Not for the cells (and using gridlines or borders). But you could apply some shape from the drawing toolbar. Although, I would only use this on a few cells. Ronnie wrote: > > Just wondered if there is any way to have rounded corners in highlighted > cells. > I am making up a sp...

page border..!
hi all..! how can i get a page border of my choice in all my word documents..? thks.! -via135 See Help in whatever version of Word you're using on the topic of Page Borders. To have them applied automatically on all new documents you create the border would have to be included in the design of a Template. Otherwise you have to manually apply it once the document is generated. Beyond that there isn't much we can suggest because you have not really offered enough pertinent detail nor specified what version & update level of the program you're actually using. ...

Border
How do I get a page border? please e-mail me at DougRossOnER@aol.com is you know the answer. I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks a lot! We don't do e-mail for bone lazy coots like you. You ignorant cucaracha need to learn some manners and decorum. You don't even have enough common sense to post the version of Publisher you are using. You must also have to low an intellect to use a HELP file. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ���MS�Publisher��� wrote: > We don't do...

Windows 7
Hi guy's - I just built a Windows 7 Media Center and when I log into windows there is a black border all the way around my LCD 32'' screen. NO DVD or any movie is playing yet, just pure Windows. My Screen Resolution is already set to the max of 1920x1080 - lanscape. Obviosly when I play a DVD the DVD also does not show-up in full-wide-screen, etc.. Any ideas? What make/model 32" LCD? If a Samsung make sure you read the PC chapter in the User's manual closely. What interface are you using to the TV? "Gabriel" <Gabriel@discussions.m...

Borders
I can't seem to make borders anything but black. I try to change line color before I make borders but it is grayed-out. After I make the borders it is still grayed-out. How is one supposed to make cell borders other than black? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob If you mean border surrounding cells then you need to select (highlight) the cells and go into the Format-->Cells-->Border Tab. There is a color option in there. The border button on the drawing toolbar (the one I think you're talking about) only works on most floating graphics. -- ________________________ Ro...

Borders not printing at all
Publisher 2000, making a flyer and no borders are printing. I moved all borders in 2 inches just to test and still border is not printing. Any ideas? guitarman <guitarman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Publisher 2000, making a flyer and no borders are printing. Borders for what? Explain. > I moved all borders in 2 inches just to test and still border > is not printing. Any ideas? Printer make and model? hp t45xi officejet. Thanks! "Uncle Grumpy" wrote: > guitarman <guitarman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Publisher 2000, making ...

watermarks and borders
I'm using Office 2003...creating an award When starting from a new Word doc, I insert a watermark. Then, I add a page border. Why does the border move and part of it cutoff in print preview? I have looked at all the advice I could find in discussion groups. Still having the same problem. For the part about its being cut off, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Others" <Others@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Word file Prints with huge lower border
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a 200 page document ready to be shipped to print. Although &quot;Letter&quot; is selected in Page layout, the display seems to be A4 and the .pdf has large right(extra 2&quot;) and bottom margins(extra 2&quot;). This is an international project, so multiple files have been combined. Have updated all printer drivers and tried different printers. Not sure what to do next. It sound like you've been using Track Changes and/or Comments in the document which have not yet been resolve...

The textbox border prints, but the text does not. Why??
I'm in Publisher 2003. I've tried changing the object order - move to front. Photos print, the border of the box prints, but the text doesn't. I'm gonna lose it!! What happens if you bring the text box to the front? Is the photo wrapping to the point where the text is unable to fit in the text box? Select the text box, click the dog icon, click none, do the same for the pictures. Start your layering all over again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "wbrenda312" <wbrenda312@discussions.mi...

borders #6
I have created a spread sheet in Excel with borders around selected cells. The borders/cell content show up under print preview, but only the cell content prints. I have tried checking page setup -> sheet-> gridlines, but the gridlines won't print, either. please help! I need the cell borders to print. ...

How do I create custom border using peoples names?
There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF16BB3-4C90-4E05-B0AA-303874A445AA@microsoft.com... > In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save as an image. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

Border
When I first open a new worksheet, each cell has a natural and visible border around them. How do I make these border hide themselves or disappear? When I downloaded some templates fromt net, I don't see the visible border at all. I wonder how folks can do that? Thanks Tools/Options....uncheck "Gridlines" >-----Original Message----- >When I first open a new worksheet, each cell has a natural and visible >border around them. How do I make these border hide themselves or >disappear? When I downloaded some templates fromt net, I don't see the >...

Sheet borders
Is there a command that will allow a specific border to be applied to all pages in a workbook?? Thanks Chris Open the first Sheet, hold down Shift and select the last Sheet. Now whatever you do (with some exceptions like Protecting the Sheet or Freezing Panes) will be applied to all of you worksheets, Regards "Christopher Anderson" <ChristopherAnderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20324D52-74E4-4CA2-8A9E-B0615A225A50@microsoft.com... > Is there a command that will allow a specific border to be applied to all > pages in a workbook?? > > Thanks...

How to Remove Shared Border in a Dynamic Web Template?
I customized Format Menu and added Shared Border in FP2003. But it did not serve the purpose. I want it removed. Itried every thing I could think of. I also checked Help files. But all in vain. Please suggest how canI do it? Thanks. To remove shared borders from any page (including a DWT - which should propagate to all attached pages): With the website and page open Format->Shared Borders Clear the boxes associated with the borders you wish to remove If this is to apply to every page in the website, Select "All pages", otherwise select "Current Page". ...