Bloomberg Excel Add-in

is anyone familiar with the bloomberg add-in?

is it possible to have the bloomberg formula refernce a cell that ca
be mannually changed.

example:

=BLP|M!'C Equity,[LAST_PRICE]'

can that formula somehow reference a cell to "grab" the ticker symbol?

let's say you have the ticker symbol in A1 = "C"

something like this?

=BLP|M!'$A$1&" Equity",[LAST_PRICE]'

thanks,

nic

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

add a draft from a java application
Email Client: pop is there any way for me to add a draft to the drafts folder in Entourage from a Java application? ...

Excel Startup Error
When I click on a excel document the computer hangs for about 2 seconds, then opens excel with no document displayed. If I first ope excel (click on the .exe) and then open a dcoument, no problem. I als have the same issue with Word. Have tried repairing Office installation, removing and reinstallin excell, deleted all .xla files - nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View ...

Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files
Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by double clicking either the file or a shortcut. If I have Excel open and go through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double clicking the file with Excel closed. Is there a fix for this? Wowbagger wrote: > Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am > finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) f...

Dissappearing Excel
How do I keep my excel session showing after i hyperlink to anothe program ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try changing something in that workbook before you click on the link. If excel thinks the file is dirty (changed since last save), then it won't close. sunroyal wrote: > > How do I keep my excel session showing after i hyperlink to another > program? > > ------------------------------------------------ > ~~ Message posted from...

Linking cell in Excel to Folder in Outlook 2000
I have a contact list in Outlook that I wish to link to from Excel 2000 D:\MSOFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE /select outlook:173 works perfectly from the RUN command. However, using the Hyperlink command in cell formatting does not. My wife runs a parking lot and needs to be able to click on a parking space, say 201 in Excel and have the clients contact information come up from Outlook. In this case the folder 173 contains all the information on a block of contacts 173 to 210. 173 is by default a .xnt file but Excel doesn't by default appear to be able to deal with one. Any ideas ? I obvio...

Foreign fonts (special characters) not shown in word/excel
Hi! I work a lot with Hungarian translations at the moment. There are 2 characters that are not shown in office documents (neither 98 nor 2001). The characters missing are the "o" and "u" with "Doppel-Akut". Their unicodes are 337 and 369. The characters are shown without any problem on the PC. We need to put the Hungarian translations into QuarkXpress. Even if I copy the text out of a PDF the characters are already missing in the clipboard. Apparently, there is an Office multilanguage kit for Mac that installs the Arial font completely new so that all characte...

Export Fields in Design View of Access to Excel
Is there a way to take the fields in the Design view of a MS Access table (Field Name, Data Type and Description) and export that or copy and past it to excel? So for example, as we create our tables, we have Field Name Owner Data Type Text Description Owner of the Contact How could I export that...not the actual data in those fields but the field properties essentially? Did that make sense? Dano On Aug 21, 3:32 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Curious...why would you want to do that? > > You can get these field properties through VBA and then use ...

URGENT : How to get CHECKBOX object value from a Excel Worksheet by a C# Class
As subject... I wanna get the value of some Visual Basic Object (Checkbox) in a Excel Worksheet by calling a C# class / VB.NET class.... May I ask for advice ??? What I got ....only Excel application, workbook, worksheet....and so on... Excel.Application excelApp = new Excel.ApplicationClass(); Excel.Workbook excelWorkbook; Excel.Sheets excelSheets; Excel.Worksheet excelWorksheet ; I am not familiar with c#, however the checkbox objects parent is the worksheet. For example in VBA Worksheets("sheet2").CheckBox1.Value - contains the "checked" indicator You i...

Importing Excel file without server access
I'm automating the process of emailing query results as an Excel file attachment to one recipeint. The recipient will complete data in the Excel file. My problem is that our company will not give this person access to our server, therefore he cannot upload his updated Excel file to one of our drives where I can then access it, import and update my table. There is nobody that he can email the file to either. I believe, however, that he'll have access to unpload a file to our company's SIFT site. Is there a way, through automation, that I can then import the file from ...

Excel Image not displayed when the physical file is N/A
Hello there, I'm having a problem on images that's generated from excel. I'm using the url method to generate the excel file and I'm aware that the images are stored in a physical location and the images won't be able to be displayed if the physical file is not available. I'm able to display the images out when the excel report is generated; however, when we save it as the default xls extension file, and open it in another location, the images are not displayed, as only the physical file path is being stored in the excel file. I've tested it on a c...

Excel formats
Problem: changing numeric values into text vales then adding a space into the text cell, to take the place of the"," to denote thousands, move the "$" to the end and change the "." to a comma, ex: $1,896,230.00 once changed to a text value becomes "1896230.00", result I require is "1 896 230,00 $" A number of Financial values across multiple spreadsheets require this type of formatting. If this can be done as a macro or formula, that would be most helpful. -- Keith Dore The only thing I can think of is a CASE statement in VBA.........w...

Suggestion to Database in Excel
I have 120 equal format files about hospital produces in cities. example: group files.xls are territories files name City item peoples A item01 100 B item02 183 item03 432 Total C item04 34 Are you send oppinion about I imagine create a big database with import from 120 files .xls to analysing... territory | city | item | people 1 A 01 100 1 B 02 183 1 B 03 432 .... 3 A 01 343 3 A 02 433 Question, also ex...

Excel 2007 Installation Question
I am about to purchase Excel 2007 (MS Office Home & Student 2007 Version)... What I would like to know is exactly how can I install it along side my other version of Excel (version 2002 XP)? I generally use the XP version for most of my development at work, but I would like to start learning version 2007 as well (using my same PC). Can anyone provide me with some detailed instructions for this installation or direct me to a website that might do the same? Many thanks in advance. Mark Ivey Just a little more clarification on my request... What I would like is the Excel XP versi...

How do I project monthly income in Excel?
If I want to project my income or cost for Nov. or Dec. and have values in the other months, how can I project what my income or cost would be for November or December based on the other months? A lot of this depends on the nature of your income and / or expenses, which may change from month to month. For instance, your heating expense bill will increase in winter and decrease in summer. Your summer vacation expenses go up in summer (duh) and decrease in winter. When I have to do this work I try to base it on the key drivers for the particular expense. For instance, in a previous life ...

Problem opening office xp excel files
Hi all, I have office xp and when I click on an excel file, Excel will run bu it doesn't open the file, it leaves it empty and gray. Problem goe away if I do file, open, filename. Can anybody help? This problem happens to all my excel files, not just a particular one Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Tools / Options / General / If 'Ignore other Applications' is checked then uncheck it. -- Regards Ken..........................

Excel 2007
Anyone else had problems with Excel 2007 corrupting workbooks when using the Analysis Toolpak. All formulae requiring the toolpak are replaced with #N/A (ie XIRR, EDATE). Man, this sucks. Congratulations MS on releasing a "Professional" version of your software that is so much less easy to use than the old version. Charts look nice (although with some of the most useful features removed), but the menus SUCK. Hide the ribbon and use keyboard shortcuts and you might as well use the mouse because the ribbon has to be displayed each time you use the keyboard shortcuts. Excel 2007 su...

how do I turn off requesting scan when opening Excel (Office XP)
Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the status line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins which I use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to "lowest", but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the Office Plugin that comes with it. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information. ch...

Removing the "broom" that pops-up in Excel
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. Frustrating! Tools|options|Edit tab uncheck show paste option buttons (and anything else you want disabled) LynnMcolorado wrote: > > Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I > copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in > my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. > Frustrating! -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel temp files in network dir
I have users that are accessing a network shares to their excel files. I often see files that are 8 characters long Ex(D8710B20) and without extensions, left over in their dir. I have read MS article 814068 and understand that these are created during the save function; however, i have ruled out permissions and antivirus as the cause. These files consume a lot of network space. Any guidance would greatly be appreciated. Delete them? "les" <les.becker@ifcosystems.com> wrote in message news:242501c37332$34e6b600$a601280a@phx.gbl... : I have users that are accessing...

EXCEL 2003/2007
I want to enter data in a cell in sheet1, data entered will accumulated in sheet2 every time I save. Thus, a summary table is created in sheet2. Is this possible in MS Excel? How will I do it? I would appreciate it the answer to this query is also emailed to me at giovannierualo@yahoo.com. Yes, that is possible. But you have to provide more detail about what you want. You say that you will be entering data into ONE cell in sheet1. Will that always be the same cell? If so, what cell? Then you say you want this data to be "accumulated" in sheet2. Exactly how d...

excel 2003 scrollbar disappears
hello, i'm new, so forgive any improprieties, anyway, i have a user using office 2003 (the first at my company) and on one of his spreadsheets, sometimes the horizontal scrollbar disappears. i have since installed office 2003 on a test machine to see if i can reproduce the error, and haven't been able to yet. it seems to happen when he inserts a couple of jpegs into the sreadsheet, but i've tried with a copy of the file that he gave me and no disappearing bar yet. the jpegs are around 200k in size, pictures of a web page, and taller than the screen fits, if that's importa...

Can not add new user in crm 3
I can no longer add a new user in CRM 3 using the deployment manager interface I get the following error: Invalid code for CRM error (80070005) - SOAP Server Application Faulted note: the crm server is a domain controller 1. Check what account is starting the CRM services (Local System or a Domain account) 2. Install the Windows 200X Support Tools on the CRM Server. Run suptools.msi from Support | Tools folder on the 200X Server CD. 3. Click Start | Run, enter adsiedit.msc and click OK 4. Locate the root CRM OU under the Domain 5. Right-click, select Properties, then click the Securi...

Need to retrieve a deleted Excel File
On Saturday I hide an excel sheet and then protected the workbook. When I got into work today to open the file it was non-existent. What do I have to do to retrieve the file? Does it make a difference if the file extension ended with .csv? Thanks in advance! Search in Windows to make sure it's still on your compute -or go to the folder the file is in and look to make sure it's still ther -or If you didn't do this, you might need to to text, which includes *.cs Excel is not set to open this type of file by defaul tj Did you (try to) open the file with Excel. If so : did ...

excel and publisher
I am experiencing some troubles when printing cell borders from an excel worksheet, pasted in a publisher document. Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem? Are you applying the cell borders in Excel? What happens when you print? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "IMMA" <IMMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:423ADEA3-2815-4DD5-8917-3CB5174F89D3@microsoft.com... >I am experiencing some troubles when printing cell borders from an excel > worksheet, pasted in a publisher documen...

How to merge two Excel Files. #2
im using Office XP, and i have some data in 4to5 different files, i want ot merge all that files, can anybody help me.... thax in advance. Brijesh Parmar --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003 The big question is whether your files have "similar or the exact same (hopefully) layout. If the latter, I'd just create a new workbook and copy and paste each of your 5 to the new master <<a simplified approach>>. "Brijesh" <parmarb...