Bloomberg Excel Add-in

is anyone familiar with the bloomberg add-in?

is it possible to have the bloomberg formula refernce a cell that ca
be mannually changed.

example:

=BLP|M!'C Equity,[LAST_PRICE]'

can that formula somehow reference a cell to "grab" the ticker symbol?

let's say you have the ticker symbol in A1 = "C"

something like this?

=BLP|M!'$A$1&" Equity",[LAST_PRICE]'

thanks,

nic

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Realtime/Streaming data from MySQL into Excel
All, I have my very simple MySQL database that myself and three others are using to input, store and share data. How do i go about getting a realtime/streaming feed from my database into excel? Can I make use of the Excel RTD function or does it involve me just running a refresh query alot!? thanks very much richard RTD depends on the availability of an RTD server to make the real-time data available to Excel. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289150 "Richard Edwards" wrote: > All, > > I have my very simple MySQL database that myself and three others are using &...

text to excel
Hello I have 15 different text file which i want to import in one excel fil at one go can ewe do it with the help of a macro thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do it with a macro, but perhaps easier is to combine the text files in DOS and then import to Excel. To combine in DOS, have all the files in the same folder, open a DOS prompt and type something like the following: COPY C:\MyDocuments\TextFiles\*.txt AllFiles.txt HTH, Greg "vikram >" <<vikram.15hgsx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hgsx@excelforum-nospam.co...

Excel #141
I have a main sheet that is in zip code order. Is it possible to have another sheet that gets the info from the main sheet, but is sorted by name. Yes. FIrst select all the cells in the main sheet that contain data and copy them. Next go to the other sheet and paste the data. Finally sort the data in the other sheet by name rather than number -- Gary's Student "Larry" wrote: > I have a main sheet that is in zip code order. > Is it possible to have another sheet that gets the info from the main sheet, > but is sorted by name. Thanks for the reply. What I wan...

hyperlink an excel cell to a specific location wthin application f
how can I hyperlink an excel cell to a specific outlook contact? I don't believe this is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dirtboy" <dirtboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F33BD88A-D5B0-4C48-8F2B-46BC271D70A8@microsoft.com... > how can I hyperlink an excel cell to a specific outlook > contact? ...

How do I add a hotmail account
How do I add a hotmail account to Outlook? I already have an account for my company When I try to add it the wizard want the POP settings. I think hotmail uses a HTTP server Thanks in advance oldjay Pay for it "Oldjay" wrote: > How do I add a hotmail account to Outlook? I already have an account for my > company > When I try to add it the wizard want the POP settings. I think hotmail uses > a HTTP server > Thanks in advance > > oldjay Which version of outlook? Only 2002/2003 support HTTP accounts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourse...

not equal to symbol in excel
What is the symbol for not equal to in excel Hi <> Arvi Laanemets "amit" <amit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2897C3AB-9797-4631-A995-D7CB6BCC7C20@microsoft.com... > What is the symbol for not equal to in excel I disagree. Those symbols mean less than and greater than. Go to your Insert dropdown menu-->Symbol ≠...this is the equal sign with a slash through it. When you click on it, the "Code" or "definition" will show up on the left side of the box. "Arvi Laanemets" wrote: > Hi > > > <&...

Importing Excel file without server access
I'm automating the process of emailing query results as an Excel file attachment to one recipeint. The recipient will complete data in the Excel file. My problem is that our company will not give this person access to our server, therefore he cannot upload his updated Excel file to one of our drives where I can then access it, import and update my table. There is nobody that he can email the file to either. I believe, however, that he'll have access to unpload a file to our company's SIFT site. Is there a way, through automation, that I can then import the file from ...

is this possible on excel?
I use a spread sheet to do work schedual 12 work sheet 1 for each month columes are total days for the whole month( i use 4 extra columes between weeks for extra info.) rows are name of staff I want to add 1 more work sheet to keep track of vacation time Is there a formula or way so it will automatically mark on the schedual the vacation time as entered in the vacation work sheet on the proper month and day? Maybe something along the lines of this set-up .. Assume you have in Sheet1, in cols A to D, data in row2 downwards, the set-up: Name...........Reason....1st day of abs...Last day of ...

Task Usage View to Excel
I was wondering what other folks were using to get the task usage view (task list with monthly time phased work) ported into excel. I first started using the copy paste function, with a lot of clean up I might add to get this into excel. Then I started printing to pdf and using able2extract to port into excel. I am curious what others are using. This is a must do for my org. I have checked the developer group and have not found anything that ports the view out exactly as it is seen in Task Usage. I am not a programmer so modification is not an option for me. I am hopi...

Saving excel attachments
Does anyone know how to configure outlook so when a user saves an attachment that is sent to them it automatically defaults to their 'My documents folder'? Currently the setting to save an attachment goes to a temp folder. ...

how can I make 2007 excel look like 2003 excel?
I am not convinced that the 2007 interface is better. Please tell me how to make the 2007 excel look like , act like 2003. PLEASE........... MenuExcel http://www.addintools.com/english/menuexcel/ Tooolbar Toggle http://www.toolbartoggle.com -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A27B6B33-F01D-4DDF-8FF2-73DB8F1429E1@microsoft.com... >I am not convinced that the 2007 interface is better. Please tell me how >to > make the 2007 excel look li...

Excel 2007 with Vista SP2
Hi, I am running Microsoft Vista SP2 with Excel 2007. I used to be able to double click an xls or xlsx file in my "Windows explorer", or Microsoft Outlook attachement and the file would open with Excel. This function does not work anymore. I get an error :- "Windows cannot find file ... Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.?" I can open the file if I start Excel, and the use the "Open File" option. Any suggestions as to why it should behave this way are appreciated. I did try re-installing, but the behaviour has not changed. --...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

Problems using Excel 2000 to open/save file saved in Excel 2003
I have a very large file (24mb) that was originally created in Excel XP, and recently modified in Excel 2003. When users who have Excel 2000 try to open this file it usually takes about 5 minutes to open whereas it usually takes about 20 seconds to open in Excel XP and 2003. Then if they try to save the file, an error message pops up that says the file was not saved. Thanks, Brent As another twist to this situation- before I started having this problem, I cold easily open the file in Excel 2000 when I compressed the file with Winzip it would compress from 24mb to about 3mb. Now it will ...

xp excel
I have dual boot up.. win 98se using office 2000 and xp with office xp... the 2 problems that I experience are..... excel sheets created in the 2000 suite are all colour coded to the cell values using conditional formatting....these are visible whilst veiwing the sheet on screen......whenever I try to open these sheets in the xp suite I can not see the formatting unless I use the print preview option...this does not happen when opening the sheets in xp on my laptop,,,the colours are visible.... I have checked that the excel options are setup the same for both machines.... the other problem ...

Printing Charts in Excel 2003
Is there a way I can have my Graph print on multiple pages? I currently have the chart on a separate page, but I would like to print it on multiple pages. I have tried changing the margins, and when I do the Chart seems to scale down so that it still prints on one page. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Try putting the chart on a Worksheet (an embedded chart) but do not have the chart selected when you print. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Marilyn" <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

in excel?
how do you increase the number of undo's in excel? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211922 "XL: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels" Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "northstar14" <northstar14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60999AA2-05B2-4DCB-90FB-A50A9ADD0748@microsoft.com how do you increase the number of undo's in excel? xl2k and above XL: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211922 xl97 XL97: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=1629...

Best Buy Credit Card disappeared from "add a new account" listing.
So I updated my accounts as indicated here... http://www.microsoft.com/money/OnlineServices/Update_Instructions/default.mspx but Best Buy Credit Card is no longer available. And yes I checked BOTH "banking" and "credit card" Other HSBC store cards are in there, including HSBC itself. What's up? Here's the list I get... Bell Credit Union - Credit Card Belco Employees FCU - Credit Card Ben E. Keith Employees FCU - Credit Card Best Friends Bethlehem Teachers FCU - Credit Card Beverly Bank and Trust Co., N.A. Notice there's no "Best Buy" between...

My Excel menu bar has dissapeared
The meuu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) has dissapeared. I have Excel 2003. I tried reinstalling and have checked the knowledge base and can not find how to get it to reappear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Allan Fromm Green Bay, Wi If any toolbars or menubars are visible, right click on a blank area of the menu bar and select customize. Then select worksheet menu bar in the first tab and click on it so it is selected Close the dialog. If you are conversent in VBA, go to the Immediate window in the VBE and type Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").E...

Excel displays incorrect values when exporting Access report with
I am suffering from a problem that Microsoft is aware of and wrote this KB artible: "Excel displays incorrect values when you export an Access report with numbers" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823222/en-us Anyone know if this KB article has been resolved yet? ...

how do i e-mail one page only in excel(trial)
i am attempting to e-mail one page of a workbook and can not figure out how. i do not wish to attatch the complete workbook. If you mean one worksheet and not one "page", you could copy that worksheet to a new workbook and send that as an attachment. If you mean one "page" from a worksheet, select and copy then paste into the body of your email message. Or File>Send to>mail recipient>send current sheet as message body. For all Excel email questions get answers at Ron de Bruin's site. Note the SendMail add-in available as well as the code. http://www.rond...

Excel links in Word
I am linking from an Excel file into a Word document. When I go to print the word document it prints the gridlines that are in excel. Is there a way to make it so when I print in word the excel links wont show the gridlines. I know I can get rid of the gridlines in excel which will then get rid of them in the links in word, but I want to use the gridlines in excel when I am working in excel. Also, is it possible to autoupate the excel links in word instead of having to right click and clicking on update link or closing and reopening the word document? If it is relavent I...

Add SQL Syntax Help to SmartList Builder Functions
In SmartList Builder you can use SQL Functions when you create a calculated field. The syntax and arguments are shown when you select a function, but there is no detail about how the arguments should be used (see DATEDIFF for example). These details are in SQL help, but should also be added to Great Plains SmartList Builder help. Many individuals who use SmartList Builder are less technical and need more help than developers. Sounds like an easy value add ... since it's already written and just needs to be merged in to Dynamics GP! Thank you. ---------------- This post is...

UPPER CASE/lower case in Excel
I'm working on a mail merge project using Excel and Word. The imported text I get are all CAPS. Is there a way I can automagically convert SAM JONES to Sam Jones? Hi one way: - try using a helper column (lets say your data is stored in col. A). Enter the following in B1: =PROPER(A1) - copy this formula down - select this helper column and copy the contents (CTRL+C) - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and paste the formula results as 'Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dickster wrote: > I'm working on a mail merge project using Excel and Word. > The i...

excel on mac vs. excel on pc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) so I'm taking this excel class online and we were told to buy microsoft excel 2007. Well my teacher said 2008 would work so i bought it. But the mac version and the pc version are nothing alike. When you open the homepage mac doesnt have the microsoft office button or all the tabs that the pc does. So it makes it very difficult for me to do my work because its so different. So i was wondering if anybody knows how to maybe make those tabs and options come up or how to make my excel look more like a pc excel. In article <5...