blank out rest of work sheet

I was wondering how to blank out the empy cells in my worksheet. For
example:

I have data in columns A-F down about 50 rows. I do not want to see any rows
past that. When I am saving the data as a text file, I am getting extra rows
in my file for some reason and I want to see if this would prevent this from
happening.

Thanks...

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Shawn,

See the explanation and remedial notes on Debra Dalgleish's web site:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Shawn Campbell" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>I was wondering how to blank out the empy cells in my worksheet. For
> example:
>
> I have data in columns A-F down about 50 rows. I do not want to see any
> rows
> past that. When I am saving the data as a text file, I am getting extra
> rows
> in my file for some reason and I want to see if this would prevent this
> from
> happening.
>
> Thanks...
>

> ---

normanjones (1047)

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

test emails not working
I've just set up my email account but cant get anything to work. I've got the following error messages: The sever was found but there was not response. Have you checked with your ISP to ensure the account settings are correct? Have you tried deleting and recreating your accounts? Also, when posting a question about Outlook, it is essential you post your version (from the description, it sounds like you are using 2002 or 2003). -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be...

Outlook hangs with attachments - detect and repair temporarily works
HI all, If I open outlook and then try to open an email with an attachment in - outlook locks and I need to re-boot in order to get back into outlook. When I re-boot - I can do a detect and repair and it fixes the problem - but only temporarily as when I close outlook and re load it - the problem with viewing attachments comes back? Setup: Windows XP Pro SP2 Office XP Pro with Frontpage SP3 Detect and repair does not permanently fix the problem. Reinstalling Outlook does not fix the problem. Has anyone ever run into this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Chris ...

how do i set half an excell sheet to now scroll with the rest.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010186511033.aspx with that check book register. the top few lines do not scroll when i scroll teh page. how do i repeat that option Select the cell under the row and to the right of the column you want immobilized and then go to menu Window>Freeze Panes Regards, KL "greasepain37" <greasepain37@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98690D8D-D895-4310-9878-BC84170D0E3D@microsoft.com... > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010186511033.aspx with that > check book register. the top few lines do n...

macro not working correctly
at work i get data from my boss. my job is to set up a speadsheet that makes it look pretty. I work a lot with "scorecards" where the backround color would be green red or yellow based up on how the data looksit used to be that i would use conditional formatting to do this. but they want to start using "pictures" represent they way data looks. like stop sign for red or a light buld for yellow you all know th deal with these stupid things. anyway i set up a macro so i don't have to keep on copying these stupid picture 250 times on thhe same spreadsheeet everymonth.. on...

Filter macro stopped working in 2007
I have a DB I set up in Acc 2003 with a filter macro that worked great. Now, in 2007, it works once, but even after I remove all filters, it filters for the first criteria that was put in. The macro is attached to a button The form has fields such as: FirstName LastName EmailAddress The macro is a macro group Macro Name: FirstName Action:ApplyFilter FilterName:FirstNamefilter (which is a query with the SQL SELECT addressediting.[FirstName] FROM addressediting WHERE (((addressediting.[FirstName]) Like "*"&[Forms]![Addresseditingfrm]![entername]&"*")) Macro Na...

Bookmark / Anchor Tags Don't Work in Rich / Premium Mode
Has anyone found a fix for this: If you click on a link in an email that is an html anchor / bookmark tag to another spot in the email, OWA Premium reloads the webpage without jumping down the anchor spot. But if you use Basic mode (or another browser like Firefox), it doesn't reload the page, it simply jumps down to the spot like it's supposed to. anyone know how to get this work correctly in premium? The property of the link in Premium / Rich shows this: ...202006.EML/#num10 but in OWA basic it looks like this: ...202006.EML/?cmd=Open#num7 I tried copying the url used by basic i...

start switch not working
I have the below switch setup to prevent opening a file. It used to work. Recently is install some macros in the addin area. Now book1 always opens when i start excel or open an existing file. I've check my icon properties target and the switch below still exists. What is causing book1 to start each time? "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" /e What else do you have in your XLStart folder? Any chance you have a *.xls file hanging around? warnimont wrote: > > I have the below switch setup to prevent opening a file. > It used to work. Recently ...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

Access newbie
Hi, I'm teaching myself Access 2007, everything was going well until a few minutes ago when I closed the Field Properties and the Property Sheet. I've looked through the program and can't see how to open them. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks Karl Press F1 and search for Properties Menu. "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E25589A-99EA-4D46-A20E-6FF5613389B5@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm teaching myself Access 2007, everything was going well until a few > minutes ago when I closed the Field Properties and the Proper...

Copying only report sheets
Hi: Happy new year. I created a MS excel workbook which has 4 data sheets and 4 report sheets. Each report sheet links to each data sheet. Now I want to create another workbook that will show only the 4 report sheets. How can I do it in VB code? Agin, in each report sheet, I copy and paste data from data sheet and thus each report points to individual data sheet. Workbookname: ctces sheet names:dat1,rep1,dat2,rep2,dat3,rep3,dat4,rep4 Best wishes and thanks -- jesmin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jesmin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

Formula not working
Trying to use criteria in 4 columns, one is a referral received this month. Any ideas why this does not work? =SUMPRODUCT(--(F6:F500="F"),--(G6:G500="C"),-- (O6:O500="C"),--(TEXT((A5:A500,"mmm")="Sep")) =SUMPRODUCT(--(F6:F500="F"),--(G6:G500="C"),-- (O6:O500="C"),--(TEXT((A6:A500,"mmm")="Sep")) the ranges must be same number of rows -- HTH RP "Brandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1faa01c4a8b7$32a67db0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to use...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

Controls on chart sheets
I count myself a fairly competent user of Excel, but I've just started expanding my knowledge thanks to some of the web sites out there (including Jon Peltier's fine examples). I was delighted with Rob Bovey's labelling add-in, which gives Excel something that I have missed ever since my firm stopped using Lotus 123. Now I am experimenting with controls in Excel, and I have added a scroll bar to interactively change the appearance of an embedded chart. My problem is that I don't usually use charts embedded in a spreadsheet; I prefer to have them on their own pages. ...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

This Code does not work
This Code does not work: ********************************************************* Sub ReplaceNumbers0To9() Dim vFindText As Variant Dim vReplText As Variant Dim sFindText As String Dim sReplText As String Dim i As Long vFindText = Array("0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "V/", "R/") vReplText = Array("", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "...

adding totals of sheets
I have a friend who has many Excel files, each containing data in fou sheets. She wants to add the data in the sheets together, or even th data in different files, if there's a way for her to do that. We'r using Office XP on a Windows 2000 computer, if that makes a differenc in getting advice. Any way we can add these together -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you want for example sum all values in the range A1:A10 over several sheets use a formula like =SUM('sheet1:sheet10'!A1:A10) >-----Original Message----- >I have a friend who has many Excel...

using cascading style sheets in 2005
Can you tell me how to setup cascading style sheets to be used in reporting service 2005? Thanks! aaron wrote: >Can you tell me how to setup cascading style sheets to be used in reporting >service 2005? > Thanks! The short answer is that you can't. Formatting is normally held within the xml for the report layout. I believe you can programatically set some report formatting options by including blocks of code which could look at configuration files, however you would still need to recompile and re-publish any reports if you change the config files -- Messa...

Working with date data
I have a spreadsheet with the following type of data regarding leased equipment: In column A, starting in A2 is the Lease Start Date In column B, is the term of the lease in the number of months I need to calculate the following: In column C I would like to display the month that the lease term expires And in column D the exact date of lease expiration Data example: A2=3/7/04 B2=42 If this is possible, I would be appreciative of some guidance. Dudley Hi for both C2 and D2 try =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+B2,MIN(DAY(A2),DAY(DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+B2+ 1,0)))) in C2 format the result with the c...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Outlook 2002 Won't Snd/Rcv but Test Settings Works
Just recently, when I press the send/receive button, it fails to do so. It's a hit or miss occurance, happening for a while every day for the last week. When I check my account settings, they're all exactly as they should be (other computers on the same network use the same settings and have no issues). When I hit the 'Test Account Settings' button, it works perfectly. Yet when I go to check for the test mail, the send/receive no longer works (I checked my mail using webmail and the test emails were there). Basically I've been able to find no correlation with...

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

how do I make different col widths within same col. on same sheet
How do I , or can I, make different column widths within the same column on the same sheet? You can merge two or more cells but a column width setting applies to the whole column best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Miker" <Miker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC426780-0F9F-4339-A5C2-397DB3CA1264@microsoft.com... > How do I , or can I, make different column widths within the same column > on > the same sheet? Note that merging can cause other problems with alignment, inserting/deleting rows o...

Defragmentation not really working!
Hi, My customer uses Exchange Server 2003 (std, SP0). Recently, the private mailbox store stopped because the 16 Go limit was reached. I decided to increase the limit using the registry tweak from the Microsoft KB just for the time needed to clean the mailbox. The sum of all mailbox's sizes is 2.3 Go (as I see in the ESM). I recommended to defragment the database. However, when I used the eseutil /d command, the database keep his size (+-16 Go). This is the first time I see this problem. I didn't found any related event in the server and isinteg (all tests) show only 9 warning....