best way to access shared xl file on web

I am trying to find the best way to update a spreadsheet on the web. I would
like to use the shared workbook feature and save it in a protected folder.
Would i have to save the file as htm? And is there an easier way to access
the file then typing the full http access through the file open menu? Thanks

0
mmacgowa (2)
8/8/2007 11:56:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How to access Outlook 2000?- in extended support phase
One day when attempting to access Outlook 2000 I received an error message that says it has entered its extended support phase. I have called Microsoft and gone to their online help and there is nothing for Outlook 2000. How do I get all the emails and folders stored in my Outlook? "Jerseygirl" <Jerseygirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:568F0FE0-EB59-4500-980C-0CA22289683E@microsoft.com... > One day when attempting to access Outlook 2000 I received an error message > that says it has entered its extended support phase. I have called &g...

downloaded file has no file extention
Downloaded a file using utorent but the file has no file extention. Tryed to unrar the file but that did not work. Thanks for sharing. How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Good Post http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BCDB9C6-1064-45A5-8EA5-B61272BCA269@microsoft.com... > Downloaded a file using utorent but the file has no file extention. Tryed > to > unrar the file but that did n...

Webmail access with 2 servers
Hello, I am an administrator for a network with 2 sites, both on the same domain and both running exchange 2003. Everything is working apart from an annoyance with the externally published webmail. If a user browses to the an server that does not hold their mailbox, they are re-directed to the internal IP address of the other server. Is this settings easily changed, to re-direct them to the published address? Regards Graham "Graham Webber" <asl@noemail.noemail> wrote in message news:OejVruPVHHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I am an administrator ...

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

Microsoft Office 2004 WEB COMPONENT
Hi, Will Microsoft OFFICE 2004 have the WEB COMPONENT Tool for SAFARI or INTERNET EXPLORER? Bye. In article <4002DCAE.C4F567EA@prova.com>, prova <prova@prova.com> wrote: > Will Microsoft OFFICE 2004 have the WEB COMPONENT Tool for SAFARI or > INTERNET EXPLORER? That hasn't been announced yet. However, since the Windows Office Web Component uses ActiveX technology, which doesn't work on Macs, I suspect it won't. ...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

Displaying Multiple-Page Linked OLE Files in Excel
Is there a way to display more than the first page of a multiple-page Word document linked to an Excel spreadsheet as an OLE object? It's possible to click through to the original document, but I'm unable to find a way to display the entire document within Excel without distorting the image. ...

Data not downloading to .xls file but it is in the database
OK, I am relatively familiar with Access 2003, but I have been asked to figure out why the data in that is entered into the database shows it when looking on the database but it is not generating it to the list of updated documents. Here is a bit of the background...I just started working at this company 2 days ago, well the file is an excel file but the path for the file is generated to a person's C: drive who no longer is employed here. I am trying to change that path...and am having no luck. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks! Is the file even on their machine? You...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

unchanged file (excel)
With an unchanged file (excel) I am prompted to save the "changed" file upon closing. Only seems to happen on excel files. If you have a volatile function, the automatic calc on opening will cause a change that prompts the Save. Volatile functions include NOW(), TODAY(), RAND(), AREAS(), CELL(), COLUMNS(), INDEX(), INDIRECT(), OFFSET(), ROWS(). In article <5D4A0FC2-A7AC-4103-88EC-9157E7A90789@microsoft.com>, "Cobb" <Cobb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > With an unchanged file (excel) I am prompted to save the "changed" file upon >...

summarize data in access 2007
I have a EmployeeInfo table with 1000 records. Each employee has an autonumber EmployeeID field. Within that same table there are 117 supervisors, identified in the SupName field. I would like to summarize the count of EmployeeID by SupName. I have no idea where to begin... Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks all! SELECT SupName, Count(EmployeeID) FROM EmployeeInfo GROUP BY SupName ORDER BY SupName ; Open a new query but don't add any tables. Go to View, SQL View and past in the above. As a side note: Assuming that the Supervisor is in the EmployeeInfo t...

Rank it a NEW WEB page www.World-Estate.com
Rank it a NEW WEB page www.World-Estate.com New real estate web page for all the world tell me wath u think : www.World-Estate.com If You can write me email , then we will make this page beter. Thanks www.World-Estate.com ...

Briefcase can't sync access 2007 database
I setup a briefcase that contains an Access 2007 database file. When I made change to the DB in the briefcase and try to sync with desktop, get an error message that briefcase can't sync file because the database is not repicable. How can I make it replicable? On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:37:01 -0800, Bernie Herpin <Bernie Herpin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Is this an accdb file or an mdb file? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I setup a briefcase that contains an Access 2007 database file. When I made >change to the DB in the briefcase and try to sync with ...

Windows File Explorers could allow fonts face and color changes.
When I look at the desktop, I sometimes wish I could sort my files and folders. I imagine a system of boxes or cells to group items. The Desktop would look like a table of cells and the user would be able to put for example all the work files & folders in a cell, all the personal files&folders in another cell. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

According to the Excel online help, the PivotCache.Connection property can be set to "the path to and file name of a text file". I tried setting it to the path and file name of a .csv file and it returned an error. Is there a way to load a PivotCache directly from a flat file without having to load into a spreadsheet or database? (The flat file has more than 1 million rows.) -- Tom Sherwood ...

avoiding id duplication in shared file
I'm working with a project log form in Access which is 'shared' and on the local network. The form uses the record number as the 'project number' . When several users are using the log at the same time, it will save the entries as desired for the first person to access the form, but the other people will get subsequent numbers. Besides locking access down to one user at a time, is there a way to notify the user of the number changes, perhaps by email? Thanks, Louis if simple things like autonumber aren't reliable enough for you-- then you should move to SQL Server an...

Access app does not run under access runtime
Hi, I developed a serial COM application it runs under access 2000, 2002, 2003 but not under access runtime version 10 (Access Runtime version 2002). The application is compiled to an MDE file. What shall I do to solv the problem? thanks a lot mumose Does the apcpation work on your machine when you use the /runtime switch? if yes, then, it does mean that it should be able to run on a target machine. however, you don't mention if you are in fact using activeX com control, and if you don't install it on the target machine, it will not work... So, have you tired use the /runtime s...

Saving Excel results to Access
I made a spreadsheet which acts as a scorekeeper for darts. One column you put in what you score and the other colum subtracts the score down from 501. I managed to put in a 'New Game' macro which clears this sheet. Although I also want the newgame to save the scores to a database and the reason for this is that I want to calculate statistics in excel. Such as average score, number of legs played, number of 180's, average checkout, highest checkout etc. I'd be able to do this quite easily, but first I must figure out how to get the scores saved into access after each game is co...

Macro to Fomat Excel to .csv File
I have an Excel spreadsheet with contact information I want to import to a CRM lead system. Current Excel sheet format is all in one column going down as follows: Company Name, Address, City State Zip (all one field), Phone number, then empy cell then repeat of 4 cells listed above. Want to convert to a new .csv file with listing going left to right on on line as follows (ending up with 6 column fields - 1. Company Name 2. Address 3. City 4. State 5. Zip 6. Phone Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks. Kip ...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Upgraded to Beta 2007 and files aren't being read
The files we created a week ago w/ the first Beta verson are now, not being read in the latest Beta upgrade. Any one having this issue or do you know a fix. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Mqueen" <Mqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96800D36-7B62-4BEC-9572-22C8CF04B5E5@microsoft.com... > The files we...