balance with three columns one row.

ok trying to create a budget that opperates like this

Deduction, Start Balance, EndBalance
�10                  �800             �790

ok its ok if i want to take �10 from the start balance of �800 i get
�790, Yippeee , yaeh and yahoooo....

but how do i .....  when the deduction cell is changed to another
value, to delete that from the new balance of �790 and not the 800....
please help.... i'ts driving me round the

Deduction, Start Balance, EndBalance
�10                  �800             �780

bend...seriously  ...it really is......

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Wench,

You can, but you don't want to.  Such cells eat up the transactions, and you
never know what has been entered, and what hasn't.  Make a table.  Put each
deduction in its own row.  Keep a running balance. Manually put the
beginning balance in the "Start" row, then use a formula to keep track of
balances.

Date   Deduction     Balance
1/1      Start        25.00
1/2      10.00        =C2-B3

When  you copy the formula down with the fill handle, you'll get = C3-B4,
which is exactly what you need.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"DizzyWench >" <<DizzyWench.1avkqu@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> ok trying to create a budget that opperates like this
>

> Deduction, Start Balance, EndBalance
> �10                  �800             �790
>
> ok its ok if i want to take �10 from the start balance of �800 i get
> �790, Yippeee , yaeh and yahoooo....
>
> but how do i .....  when the deduction cell is changed to another
> value, to delete that from the new balance of �790 and not the 800....
> please help.... i'ts driving me round the
>
> Deduction, Start Balance, EndBalance
> �10                  �800             �780
>
> bend...seriously  ...it really is......
>

> ---

nowhere1083 (630)
8/12/2004 1:00:25 PM
yeah i could, but i really want to know how to get around thi
problem......  been at it all day... its a vendetta now... excell wil
not win

Dizzy

If you "must" have an accumulator cell, check this thread out before
proceeding.

http://snipurl.com/8e64

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:21:09 -0500, DizzyWench
<<DizzyWench.1avnh7@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>yeah i could, but i really want to know how to get around this
>problem......  been at it all day... its a vendetta now... excell will
>not win!
>

>---

Gord

Column graph problem
Hi, I have a report that displays Global Variables returned from a Public Sub after calculation. It is in a table format and each cell is a TextBox: lblNSD No. lblCS No. lblName1 txtNSD1 txtCS1 lblName1 txtNSD2 txtCS2 lblName3 txtNSD3 txtCS3 lblName4 txtNSD4 txtCS4 The first part has been done and works fine. Now I want to add a column graph (Excel graph) below this table. Can anyone tell me how to feed these variables (value) into the column graph or is there an easier way to do this? Thank you. -- Jeff...

AP Trial Balance Report Issue
We have a GP 10 SP1 install that out of the blue, the AP TB report with options report had two vendors that when the report printed - it left blank pages and even printed the summary for the two vendors on top of the report headers. We have done everthing from check links to reconcile to drop the PM00400 to recreate the Rerports.DIC even though this is not a modified report. Any suggestions? ...

Excel page formatting and column wrapping ?
An interesting conundrum for anybody who is up to the challenge. Essentially what I'd like to do is have a small code book printed fro an Excel spreadsheet. Each page would come out looking roughly like this' (http://www.licious.net/misc/spreadsheetcapture2.gif) . Currently all of the formatting is being done by hand where each pag is hand-formatted with extra cells near the bottom (for futur additions) and each half of the page being divided up into two sets o columns. Basically the columns snake from top to bottom, left t right. Then the next page is done in the same fashion, le...

left far column plus and minus signs that expand rows
Hi, I have a file outputted to excel that has in the far left column, left of the row numbers, a plus or minus sign that seems to group about 3 rows every so many rows. Is there a way I can clear all this grouping? What is it? Thanks! --Randy Starkey It's grouping, Randy! :) Could be one of two methods: Data-->Group and Outline-->Clear Outline Data-->Subtotals-->Remove All ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Randy Starkey" <randy.starkeyNOSPAM@NOSPAMvictorychurch.com> wrote in message news:11b4v312lukv113@c...

Autofiltering not working in certain columns
I have a spreadsheet with 15 columns and 130 rows. The autofilter drop list arrows work fine in some columns and in other columns they refuse to function. In the latter columns when youclick on a drop list arrow it just blinks, no list falls down. I have been unable to find any common reason why the autofilter list won' t appear in these columns. I am using Excel 2001 for Macintosh. Thank you for any help someone can provide. ...

Wrapping text in column
In Excell 2007, how do you set a column to wrap text? I tried it and even though it seems to allow me to do it when I select column and check wrap text from Format Cells, it doesn't work. It only works when I select one cell and select wrap text. This is a bit irritating as I have many cells in a column to do this to. Thanks, Tom I find that this happens when I paste from Word. If I have the fields set as Vertical/Top and Wrap Text - then I paste any data from Word, it goes to Vertical/Bottom and NOT wrap text. If I paste data from my Textpad program that spans multiple line...

Column charts with multiple data in each column
I have five months worth of data that contains a product and their quantity used. I need a column chart that has the months on the x axis and the proportion of the product in each column for each month. When I try to make the chart it throws all the data for all the months into one fat column. Can anyone help?!? How are your data laid out? A cross-table with products (or months) as column headings and months (or products) as row headings? If so, a 100% stacked column chart should do the job. If you have data in a single table form, i.e., column headings are month, product, and qu...

All in one peripherals?
Is anyone using an "all in one" card reader, pin pad, signature capture device. If so what is the make/model and your opinion of the device. None of these work with RMS out of the box. TPI Software has a tendering add-in that allows the use of the Ingenico Entouch 1000 - see http://www.tpisoft.com for details, or call your reseller for assistance. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all ca...

Impossible to balance
I`m trying to download and the balance my American express account. But when I reconcile all transactions it won`t balance for an amount equal to the diference between the 2 amounts "whay you owed last month" and "what you owe now" that I entered in the dialog box. If I force to balance, it says that the starting balance is not the same in my registers and the one Money calculated! Is someone experienceing the same problem? >-----Original Message----- >I`m trying to download and the balance my American >express account. But when I reconcile all transactio...

Difference between balance due on statement and balance due in system?
A client of mine had a recent server mishap that caused them to lose 3 months of sales data. Fortunately, they keep paper records of customer charges and were able to adjust the customer balances accordingly. This worked for most of the statements. However, there is a small group that is really throwing me for a loop. This group of statements is printing a new balance due that is completely different than the balance due as listed in the customer manager. The difference between the correct amount and the mis-print is exactly the amount listed as "Previous Balance" on the statement. ...

Combine data from multiple rows onto one row in separate columns
My table looks like this: Sample_# data1 data2 data3 data4 etc.. 0000001 0.1 0.2 0000001 2.5 0000001 0.5 0000002 0.2 0.2 0000002 3.1 0000003 0.1 0.2 I receive data at different points in time and it thus I end up with multiple sample_#'s and various data columns filled in. I would like to combine all the data for each sample into one row. I would like it to look like this: Sample_# data1 data2 data3 data4 etc.. 0000001 ...

separate columns (three letter code)
Hi, does someone know how to separate text from one column into two columns? I have columns like [dog, KKL] [horse, PPN] Everytime, three capitals in the end (which is a code). Is it possible to separate that, and put it in another column? Thanks in advance. --Select the range/column needs to be changed. --From menu Data>Text to Columns will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard' --By default the selection is 'Delimited'. Keep the selection and hit 'Next'. --From the Step2 of the Wizard from the options select comma and hit Next. H...

Excel: is it possible to move column contents into a line
Excel 2000: is it possible to move column contents into a line? ie move column contents A B C to become Column headings A B C. How is it done. I used to be able to 'transpose' on earlier versions of Excel but am unable to find it here. Thanks Copy your cells select the new location edit|paste special|transpose (at the bottom) Remember that you can only use 256 columns. Ginger wrote: > > Excel 2000: is it possible to move column contents into a line? > ie move column contents A B C to become Column headings A B C. > How is it done. > I used to be able to 'transpo...

Aged Trial Balance & Last Payment Info
Is it possible to get the last payment date and amount put on the aged trial balance - receivables management? I have found the last payment date and last payment amount fields listed in the Global Fields section of the RM_Customer_MSTR table but am not able to drag it onto the report. I am guessing that it has to be done with VB, but I am not sure where to find the data. Can anyone help with this? "Lyle" wrote: > Is it possible to get the last payment date and amount put on the aged trial > balance - receivables management? Lyle: Its in RM00103 - RM Customer Master...

when import EXCEL to ACCESS, the date format excel column title changed...
when linking EXCEL to ACCESS, the date format excel column tilt changed in ACCESS table. For example: Excel column title : May-04,Jun-04,Jul-04.... changed to F09,F10,F11..... In ACCESS linked table Why and how can I keep the date tile as linked table fields name? Thank you.. Attachment filename: try.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57659 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are your Excel columns real date values (just formated as 'MMM-YY')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Change table to not split rows
This is a little thing that has annoyed me for years. I would like to change the normal template so that for tables, they do not split rows across pages. Have no idea how to do that. It always defaults to split rows across pages. Just checking ... you did open the template from within Word, uncheck the "Allow row to split" box in the Table Properties > Row panel, make and undo some change in the text area of the template (to be sure Word knew you'd made a change and needed to save it), and saved the template? On Mar 11, 12:57=A0am, NevilleT <Nevil...@discuss...

Previous Balance on the Customer Balance
Hello, I have a request from a client, where they want to print at the top of their customer statement the previous balance from the prior month customer statement. Thanks, Scott ...

making 2 cell in one
in A1 it says John 1n B1 it says Smith, how can i poot both wards in c with a spac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi check out your other post about 9 minutes prior to this one. Cheers JulieD "yoem >" <<yoem.1ah4ez@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:yoem.1ah4ez@excelforum-nospam.com... > in A1 it says John 1n B1 it says Smith, how can i poot both wards in c1 > with a space > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > In C1, enter =A1&" "&B -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFo...

Account association and monitored email address one more time
I have changed the monitored email to Kay@discussions.microsoft.com since the last time I was in contact with Todd Berger to keep my real email private, just as he asked since the last contact. It has been a month or two. Now I just changed back to my real email account, but on reading Todd's past posts, I decided to keep it at Kay@discussions.microsoft.com, which should show according to our past communication. If Todd is reading this, please confirm within 24hours. .....Since it might take another 24 hours for my changes to take effect even though I had changed back to the same ...

Hide unused rows and columns
In excel 2007 i would like to hide All rows and columns except for the few i have data entered into. Any advice? Thanks Hide Rows and Hide Columns are on the Home tab, Cells group, Format, Visibility, Hide & Unhide -- David Biddulph "kyleb" <kyleb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:363618CD-D615-4DAB-8FF2-118D99ABCD2F@microsoft.com... > In excel 2007 i would like to hide All rows and columns except for the few > i > have data entered into. Any advice? Thanks ...

Lines and columns in charts
I am trying to create a 'Line - Column on 2 axes' chart with the market share of 5 companies on one Y axis and the total market volume on the other (X axis is months). I want the market shares to be lines, and the market volume to be columns. I can set which axis each series relates to, but I can't change those series to lines if they are columns, and vice versa. Any ideas? You can select a series, then select a chart type from the Chart Type dropdown on the Chart toolbar. Or, create your own combination chart -- Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site: http://www.pel...

Hide column is empty, not including header (row 1)
I'm lost on this one, but I'm sure there is simple macro code to do this. I need this in a macro as I'm massaging data that beyond removing empty columns. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCol As Range Dim wks As Worksheet Set wks = Worksheets("Sheet1") With wks For Each myCol In .UsedRange.Columns If Application.CountA(.Range(.Cells(2, myCol.Column), _ .Cells(.Rows.Count, myCol.Column))) = 0 Then 'hide it myCol.Hidden = True Else ...

Start balancing the account after many months of not balancing
I am trying to start balancing my money account after a couple of years of not doing so. I stopped one month because of a problem in the download from the bank and I've never been able to get it straightened out since. I would love to just accept what the bank says I have (it is at least real close to the truth) and start anew from some recent monthly statement. The alternative of closing the account and opening a new one just seems too extreame for the circumstances. Can anybody tell me how to get back into balance? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, bballard wrote: >I am trying...

I want to apply a formula to an entire column.
I keep a running checkbook balance in a worksheet. Can I apply the formula to the entire column (which has an alpha header) without having to drag the fill handle down manually? Here is one I have used. Sub balance() [a7].Select Sort [h7] = [d7] Set frng = Range("h8:h" & Range("a65536").End(xlUp).Row) With frng .Formula = "=h7+d8" .Formula = .Value End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "kitcox" <kitcox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7163BF96-615F-419C-AEA4-FD99E379D324@microsoft.com... &g...

Columns numbered instead of alphabetical.
I have XL that opens with numbers across the columns that should be alphabetical (ie A,B,C is now 1,2,3). I need to get the column headers back to their alphabetical form. The rows are still numeric so now A1 is 11 B1 is 12 etc. Never seen this before and have ran current virus scans on pc. Thanks. CK Hi goto 'Tools - Options -View' and uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chris" <chrisk@noelcorp.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:198d601c41cc2$fced9bc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have XL that opens with numbers ...