Backcolor value in hex

I want to get the hex value of a cell's backcolor, so I can replicate
the same color in Access.  In VBA, I try to derive this by using
Hex(sheet.range(cell).interior.color).  I get a hex value, but when I
try it in Access, it displays a different color.  Am I grabbing the
correct property from the cell in Excel?  Or, is there another way I can
derive the hex value?

Thanks in advance.
0
billort (3)
6/3/2009 5:43:53 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What version of Excel/Access are you using 2003 or 2007?

I'm believe you can set the color using HSL or RGB scales, which apply to
both Excel and Access (at least in 2003).

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Phil Hellmuth" wrote:

> I want to get the hex value of a cell's backcolor, so I can replicate
> the same color in Access.  In VBA, I try to derive this by using
> Hex(sheet.range(cell).interior.color).  I get a hex value, but when I
> try it in Access, it displays a different color.  Am I grabbing the
> correct property from the cell in Excel?  Or, is there another way I can
> derive the hex value?
>
> Thanks in advance.

HI Phil
Maybe this site can help, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
HTH
John
"Phil Hellmuth" <billort@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>I want to get the hex value of a cell's backcolor, so I can replicate the same
>color in Access.  In VBA, I try to derive this by using
>Hex(sheet.range(cell).interior.color).  I get a hex value, but when I try it in
>Access, it displays a different color.  Am I grabbing the correct property from
>the cell in Excel?  Or, is there another way I can derive the hex value?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
johnd1 (108)

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...

Value Axis Scale Change Problem #2
Thanks Jon - problem solved -- dp_fulche ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dp_fulcher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=969 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27033 ...

Default values
How can I set up default values for text box fields for new records? Fore example: I would like to set up default value for Country so when user creates new account - country field is populated with that vaue. Thanks, m Hi there You would need to use a picklist field instead of a text field and add a value for each country. You can then set the default country. This is all done in Systom Customisation > Customise Form. Other than this you could use a workflow based on Account Create. Insert a condition to check the country field is null, and insert an action to update the country fi...

Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value
All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. Is there a simple way of doin this? EXCEL 2007 Try:- =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","") If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "B2ORL" wrote: > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. > > Is there a simple way of doin this? Use IF() =IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/02...

Can't Assign Value to this Object
I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or solution. I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single table. For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global variables. I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You can't assign a value to this object". Here is ...

Lookup a value in a table and display text if a value exists
I have a customer database form named frmMain with a field called txtAgency. I also have a table that has a column of agency codes that are in the Outlook Global directory. The table is called tbl_Global and consist of about 40 records. If the user inputs an agency that is within this table on the frmMain, I want the phone number field (txtPhone) on the database form to automatically display "See Outlook". If the agency is not within this list, I want the end user to be able input a value on the form. What is the best way to go about this? Use DLookup() to get t...

Need a lookup formula that matches 2 values and returns the 3rd va
I neeed to merge 16000 rows of data with some duplicate vales. Poor record keeping lead to two lists and each was updated independantly if at all. Some orders show up one list and not the other so I can't just sort or do a dup search. I'm trying to recreate this data and track the status of all orders for the past 12 months. When orders were shipped out in parts the same order number was used and this has been a nightmare trying to sort the duplicates and match the dates. I need a formula for F that returns the current status based on the order number and date. I tried a...

Summing visible column values but not hidden column values
I need to write a SUM function that will add up the numbers in several columns of data (for example, A4:S4), but I only want it to add those columns that are visible, not those that are hidden. Is there any way to have Excel add only the numbers in the visible columns, not in any hidden columns? Thanks. Hi have you hiddent he columns manually?. If yes you'll need VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CBAFDFDF-FFFD-4521-97EC-CD3941FD8686@microsoft.com... > I need to write a SUM function that ...

HELP! Chart Zero Values
Hi, I'm new to this forum...I hope someone can help. I have just become trainee Office Trainer, and a delegate has asked me a question that can't immediately help her with. She has a job interview thi afternoon and has been given some Excel tasks to do. She has been asked to create a scatter chart using 2 columns of data i the spreadsheet. How do you get the chart to not display the data i either the x or y axis data is null? I know you can get the chart to not display the values if both x and are zero, but what if just one of the axis is zero? If anyone can help me with this ...

Paste Values Based on Conditional Value
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Basically it is a daily sales log. On worksheet 1 the user will input multiple daily sales figures and the date. Worksheet 2 is the historical sales figures. The theoretical usage will be for the end user to go to worksheet 1, enter the date and daily sales figures and click the save data button. I am seeking a formula that will look at the date entry and paste the values from worksheet 1 into the proper line on worksheet 2 based on the date entry from worksheet 1. Example: Column A of worksheet 2 is simply a list of dates. January 13, 201...

Histogram
I'm using the Histogram function and trying to set my own bin values. However, Excel ignores them and uses the default bin values. My bin values are in ascending order and are formatted as a number. I do not get any error messages, just the wrong bin numbers. Thank you! ...

Extract from a table a value by interpolating
Hi, I'm a new with fancy things in excell and would very much appreciate the help. I have a table from which I want to extract values, but I want those values to be interpolated from what is in the table. How can I do that? Thanks, Maria hi, this is how i do it. Lets say your table is at A12 to B20 make another column at column C with this equaition =(B14-B13)/(A14-A13) A B C 12 2.000 1.000 0.5 13 4.000 2.000 1.0 14 6.000 4.000 1.0 15 8.000 6.000 1.0 16 10.000 8.000 1.0 17 12.000 10.000 1.0 18 14.000 12.000 1.0 19 16.000 14.00...

Incorrect value on the SMTP HELO/EHLO
I am looking for some help on this one. I inherited some exchange admin duties and to be honest it's not my specialty. We recently switched IP providers and our IP addresses changed. This also means we changed our DNS provider and I believe they have the appropriate zone records setup, although this may not be the case since I don't recall having this issue with our previous provider. When sending email to external email addresses we get NDR's from several different ISPs usually stating they are blocked because our IP address does not match the domain. The mailserver identifie...

Sum Values depending on other values
I would like to have a formula in a single cell that will sum the values in range E:E if the corresponding value in G:G is >0. for example: Col G Col E 5 1 0 8 9 3 0 7 The sum of Col E is 4. Thanks, Bernie =SUMIF(G:G,">0",E:E) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "bw" <iamnu@cableone.net> wrote in message news:12060mofq6cef5c@corp.supernews.com... > I would like to have a formula in a single cell that will sum the values in > range E:E if the c...

Pre defined value in Text Box
I have input box that when certain criteria are met needs a predefined value in a text box within the input box. I have used the following code to try this but it doesn't seem to work Activity_Text.Text = "812402" Job_No_Text.Text = "" Rec_Point_Text.Text = "" Activity_Text, Job_No_Text and Rec_Point_Text are the named text boxes. When the input box opens the Activity text box is empty!!! Many thanks in advance ...

Newbie question / plug in a value for a cell based on a range for that value
Hey guys, New to Excel so sorry if this explanation isn't the clearest in terms of correct terminology. In one section of my spreadsheet I have a list of percentage values associated with numbers 1-20. For example #10 is listed with the percentage value of 38.4% in the cell next to it (O14 and P14). In another section of the spreadsheet I have a quick formula that I'd like to use these %'s based on what number (1-20) is entered. In my spreadsheet the % I want to use for this #10 is listed in P14 (38.4%). What can I plug into my formula so when I enter "10" is kno...

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

Multiply all query by same value

getting rid of zero values in a column
i have a set of data on a column that i`ll use to plot on a graph and find a trendline for its behaviour...problem is: there is zero values in some cells that were not calculated... i want to copy this data in a new column getting rid of cells with zero value because it results in a wrong trendline...how can i do this?please help this is an example of what i mean: 1 1 3 3 4 4 0 6 6 3 3 1 0 0 0 1 One of the simpler ways is to hide the rows for the cells that have zeros and then plot the graph. "kafoury123" wrote: > i have a set of data on a ...

MS CRM4.0 workflow multiply by default value: bug or ???
Hi, has anyone encountered following 'bug'? Or is this caused by a faulty setting: When I create a workflow to be able to index prices by adding 2% to the existent prices, I have following workflow set up: Manual workflow action: Update custom Price Entity --> On the price field (money field) I'd like to update, I've configured following: 'Multiply By' Default Value: 1,02 or 1.02 (they both change the multiply by value to '102' !!) Is there any known problem with amount formatting in MS CRM 4.0 workflows? playing with the formats following 'ridi...

display value of button?
I have a data entry form with lots of option groups with radio buttons inside them. It would be great to be able to show the value of those radio buttons, along with the labels, to act as a "data key" to help interpret the data. Is this possible? Hi Karl - I should have been more clear. I would like to show them on the form itself -- so that when I'm looking at a table with 1s and 2s and 3s, I can look at the form and see that 1 corresponds to "Not often" and 3 corresponds to "Very often" for any given field (option group in this case).. On Sep 20, 2:56 p...

Using a macro to hide cells with out a value?
I have a spec sheet from a manufacturer that has shipping weight,volume, pallet count, and price listed per item. I use that sheet to enter purchase quantities per item and let it calculate the total weight, cubic ft, pallet count. and the purchase price. My question is can i make a macro that will hide all of the rows that don't contain a value in column A1 (order quantiti) so when i print the sheet, it will only include items that are desired for that particular order. The entire sheet contains a few hundred rows so it makes it to large to print the whole thing. Hi Scott See http://...

Function for add different values
I need one function that adds values that are not equal. Like this: 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 I need a formula that will go to add value 3+4+5. Only different numbers between itself. Which are my options? Please refrain from multiposting, you got at least one answer already in the worksheet functions ng -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com <douglasracaixeta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146597978.225731.85640@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I need one function that adds values that are not equal. > > Like this: > 3 > 3 > 3 > 4 > 4 > 5 >...

2 sheets- Need a macro take a value from one find it into another then copy a value
Please can some one help I have two sheets- Sales and Report On sheet �Sales� I have a column -B. This column lists the sales, which are taken from sheet �report� A B Date Sales 01-Jul-04 -18,109.14 In the �report� sheet I have a jumble of information, though on column I have a description with the last eight digits matching the date (in every case) G H I -17,228.88 01.07.2004 Sales 01072004 What I want is a macro (formula) to look up �sales� column A2 for the date. Convert it ...

Search Row Multiple Values
In row 2 from A to Z I have numbers from 1 to 12. Some numbers appear more than once, sometime 4 times. I want to have an equation that will be able to look through the ro and pic out all of the cells which have the number 4 and return thei column number. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way is to use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ianripping >" <<ianripping.157tpr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ianripping.157tpr@excelforum-nospam.com... > In row 2 from A to Z I have nu...