automatically updating cells in other files

An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database.
Is there anyway in which he can update the data by only keyboarding it into
one file and have it automatically update the rest of files?

Any help is appreciated.

0
compcoff (64)
9/22/2005 5:46:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can link cells by referencing them to a cell in another sheet or
workbook. eg =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1

--
Ian
--
"Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database.
> Is there anyway in which he can update the data by only keyboarding it
> into
> one file and have it automatically update the rest of files?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

0
me1 (409)

Exchange 2000 SP3 updates ans security patches
I have Exchange 2000 Version 6.0 (Build 6249.4: Service Pack 3) running on Windows 2000 Server SP4. What is the best way of checking for missing security patches and updates? Would it be enough if I run MBSA 2.0 and rely on it only? MBSA is not showing any patches/updates missing however the above build number seems to me a lillte old comparing to those I saw when researching the web about Exchange 2000. Does the updates not change the build number? Thank you. "mtler" <mtler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Exchange 2000 Version 6.0 (Build 6249.4: Service Pa...

Format Cells #9
Is there any way to prevent text from extending into adjacent blank cells? (as the default setting) Hi use 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'word wrap' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KPK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:130ec01c4434e$26cd8610$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to prevent text from extending into > adjacent blank cells? (as the default setting) We actually do not want the text to wrap, we just want it to truncate. Thanks, Kieran >-----Original Message----- >Hi >use &#...

Latest xp update causing Money to crash????
Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on me. Anyone else experiencing this problem???? No issue here. Have you tried to restore to a point previous to the update? "JRB" <JRB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219988AA-0980-4055-A772-835E45B9DB3F@microsoft.com... > Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on > me. Anyone else experiencing this problem???? XP: eXtra Pain arthur == On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:40:27 -0800, JRB <JRB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ev...

Leopard 10.5.2 combo updater released!
This might help with a lot of the problems Office 2008 users are experiencing. Get this combo updater rather than using Software Updater to download. A combo updater will go back and rewrite files that could be corrupted. Software Updates are incremental updates. Mac OS X 10.5.2 Combo Update: 343 MB <http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052comboupdate.html> More on types of update file: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Ent...

how to convert .doc file to .jpg file
I want to use COM to convert WORD file (.doc) to a series of graphics files, such as .jpg file. Each page in WORD file should be one graphics file. How can I do it? Thanks! Check this out: http://www.virtualsoftware.com/ProdPage.cfm?ProdID=1272 -- Elias http://lgwm.org/ "fadics" <fadics@sohu.com> wrote in message news:bjm320$2q99$1@mail.cn99.com... > I want to use COM to convert WORD file (.doc) to a series of graphics files, > such as .jpg file. Each page in WORD file should be one graphics file. How > can I do it? > > Thanks! > > Thank you. Perha...

Automatic CC

64 bit language pack and 64 bit cumulative update of december 2009
I want Project Server 2007 64 bits language pack. but i cant find this . In net there is language pack of project server 2007. but there is no define 64 bits. I need 64 bit language pack for 64 bits project server 2007 . and also I need cumulative update (december 2009) of 64 bit project server 2007 and windows sharepoint services 3.0 (64 bit) kindly tell me the correct link from where i will download. ...

Instances doesn't get updated when the master stencil changes
Hi, I am trying to create a stencil master shape in such way that when I change the master, all instances also get updated according to the new master shape. At this point I have a master shape in a stencil and I have hundreds of instances in different visio drawing based on the very same stencil. When I change the master shape, I have to change all instances (several hundreds) and this is such a pain. How can I solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated, Max On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:29:15 -0400, "Maxwell2006" <alanalan@newsgroup.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > &...

When start Outlook, it doesn't prompt for the password for PST file.
How to get the "Password for Personal Folder Dialog Box" to appear when Outlook starts. ...

Automatic axis format

Update global address book not working!
Hello, I've noticed that users I've setup over the last two days aren't appearing in the global address book in people's outlook but you can see them in the All Users Address book. Can someone inform me how to update this so the user is visable in the global address book. Thanks If you're running Outlook 2003 cached mode you're working off the offline address book, so start looking there. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Windows update problem. Clueless
Here is my windowsupdate.log for today, I cannot connect to windowsupdate website period. Not sure what is going on. Can someone help me decode this nonsense? 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ############# 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 678 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: Regulation Refresh [Svc: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}] *********** 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 678 DnldMgr Contacting regulation server for 20 updates. 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ######### 2010-05-25 17:20:51:687 1484 ...

Excel File Opening Via Hyperlink
What do I need to do within an Excel document to have it open in print preview mode when the Intranet link to this file is clicked? Thank you. Put this one line Macro in the ThisWorkbook code area: Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200723 ...

Find cell contents in range
Hi, i am really struggling to create a macro to carry out the following. ( i am quite new to this and presently using a book but things are explained fully!) lets say cell K12 = 2245 i have a range of A2:A50 containing a list between 2220 & 2270 i need my macro to look at the value of K12. Find that value in range, and make the cell with that value active so in my list between 2220 & 2270 is an activecell where the value is 2245 i hope this can be done and hope that someone can help me. Regards, Nigel With Worksheets(1).Range("A2:A50") Set cell = .Find(Range(&quo...

2003 & 2007 Differences in Locking Cells Syntax
The code below runs fine in Excel 2007, but 2003 does not like it. I`m not sure why. It gives me a runtime error and says it is unable to set the Locked property of the range class. I tried commenting out the first line (WS.Cells.Locked = False) and changing the second statement to" WS.Range(Cells(row,col),Cells(row,col)).Locked = True However, this did not help. Does anyone see what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Alan Sub DisableCellInput(WS As Worksheet, row As Long, col As Long) ' ' This subroutine locks and greys out the cell ' WS.Cells.Locked = ...

Selecting cell with mouse
Hi, Excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet that allows me to move to cells locked or unlocked with the cursor but doesn't allow me to use the mouse. I'd thought that the range of what could be selected had been restricted using vba but this isn't the case, I've opened the file and disabled vba and still can't select the unlocked cells with the mouse. If I unprotect the worksheet, then all works as expected. I'm at a loss! Any pointed most welcome. Rob I've never seen excel allow you to select a cell with the arrow keys, but not the mouse. My first thought w...

Local Software Update service for Office 2004?
Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft Office on my LAN? With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates, but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update service without using my Internet connection. I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the update levels per station. Phillip Remaker wrote: > Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft > Office on my LAN? > > With my Xserves, I am using...