Automatic sorting in Excel #2

Your technique works a treat when I insert the code; however, when I save the file and reload it (after having saved it as a Macro-enabled Worksheet in 2007), the code does not seem to work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Anand

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
0
Anand
10/19/2007 7:48:30 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Did you enable macros when you opened the workbook?

One more thing--your post is a standalone post.  I'm not sure any reader will
understand what code you're writing about.  In this case, it's not important,
though.

--

Dave Peterson
0

how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file
how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file Press CTRL+Print Screen. Open a photo editing program and paste screencap into it. Then crop down to the area you want to show as a picture. "lylegalveston" wrote: > how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file Take a screen print of the active application (alt + print screen) then edit it in a photo editor or get a program like Snagit (screen capture program), I use the latter myself and it's great Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lylegalveston" <lylegalveston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

chkdsk
Server 2003 with a 4 drive RAID (500 Gb each drive). One of the drives went south (Western Digital Caviar Black) and when the system came back up a folder was reported as corrupted and inaccessable so I set CHKDSK to run and restarted the machine. 8 hours later it has found one error in an index but still no signs of finishing up anytime soon. Is there any way to fix these errors that doesn't involve taking a server down for an entire day? http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/storage/getstorfacts.mspx Fiction: Check disk (CHKDSK) takes too long. Fact: CHKDSK...

Changing Case In Excel
If you type in the wrong case in word, you can hit shift F3 and it changes the case (e.g. lower to caps etc). Is there any way to do this in Excel? If your text is in say, A1. At a different cell, say B1,you can use the following formula: 1) to change the string to upper case: =upper(cell reference) 2) to change the string to lower case: =lower(cell refernce) 3) to change the string to sentence case: =proper(cell reference) Then copy and paste value of B1 to remove the formula. Lynn >-----Original Message----- >If you type in the wrong case in word, you can hit shift >F3...

Excel
Hi, I would like to export / copy my check register from Money 2006 to Excel and would like to know if this can be done and if so, how? Thanks, Bob Two answers, both in the unofficial FAQ at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=9. .. "Boblink" <Boblink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EEB04BE-6961-4C88-AD5A-DE7CA71B70BD@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to export / copy my check register from Money 2006 to > Excel > and would like to know if this can be done and if so, how? Thanks, Bob On Sun, 13 May 2007 10:55:00 -0700, Boblink <Boblink@disc...

How to sort in outlook 2003 by number of items in collapsed groups?
When you sort by FROM, you can collapse all groups. Anyone know how to sort by number of items in the collapsed groups? Trying to get rid of mass mailings - and this would save me a lot of time. Thanks! ...

Places COM Add-in for Excel XP?
Ive installed the addin for excel 2000 on my version of excel 2002 (xp) and it doesn't work. Does anyone know if this addin is available for Excel 2002? Or of another addin which does the same thing? Thanks Adam With Excel 2002 you don't need the Places add-in. You can add folders via the Tools drop down in the Open dialog. And you can remove items by the popup menu when you right-click them. You can also change to "small icons" with the right-click menu. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Excel query #2
Convert a number into words On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:26:06 -0800, Dennis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Convert a number into words Here y'go: 7 = Seven. Or alternatively, this article may be of use to you: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704& --------------------------------------------------------- Hank Scorpio scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.) * Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! * Hi Dennis, A couple of MS links for you to check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

Excel #11
Hello, I am trying to set up a duty log and I need to carry the total hours from one month to the following month. How do I set up another form for the consecutive months and how do I continue to carry the hours over to the following month? Hi Jack the answer depends on how your current sheet is set up now .. .however, to get you started to link between one sheet and the next 1) click where you want the answer (ie your second sheet, maybe in a column called "brought forward") 2) type an = 3) click where the information is coming from (ie your first sheet) 4) press enter If ...

Shortcut #2
Hi I am using Excel 2000 SP3 is there a shortcut for mrerging cells in a column? thanks Daniel Select the cells to merge and then hit the Merge and Center icon on the formatting toolbar. (Then hit the justification icon to make it the way you want.) Daniel - Sydney wrote: > > Hi > > I am using Excel 2000 SP3 > is there a shortcut for mrerging cells in a column? > > thanks > > Daniel -- Dave Peterson Thanks for your help, I was hoping there was a Keyboard Shortcut. obvioulsy not Daniel "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Select the cells to merge and ...

2007 Excel Dif Paste Special
When I do a paste special into a Dif file from another excel file, I get an unfamiliar menu. I'm use to seeing a buttoned menu, but this is listing. Has anyone seen this before? You will generally see that menu when you have two workbooks open in separate instances of Excel. Close one down and open both workbooks in a single instance. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:56:01 -0800, andybo <andybo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I do a paste special into a Dif file from another excel file, I get an >unfamiliar menu. I'm use to s...

The note ID has not been set #2
I write the text in the note window in the Payroll Employee Setup - Canada window. And when i try to close the note window, i have this message: The note ID has not been set. ? ...

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

Inbox says 2 new emails, not seeing them..
I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running Outlook 2003. This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being read already. She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do? Is she syncing with a smartphone or pda? Is her reading pane set to mark messages read when the selection changes? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

turn text upside down #2
I develop a fingerprint application on pocket pc and I need to display message during the capture process. So for now I use an edit box but I would like to make a rotation of 180 � to make the message readable by the people whom I capture the fingerprint. Should I just make a rotation of the graphic display, I mean just of the edit box area or is there any other mean ? ...

problem with column charts and two Y axes in Excel 2003
I've used previous versions of Excel for column charts a fair bit, and it seems like something doesn't work in Excel 2003. I want to display two data series next to one another in a column chart, and each data series needs its own Y axis (they are on different scales). I can get the two series next to each other if they are both plotted against the same Y axis, but if I choose Format Data Series -> Axis -> Secondary Axis for the second data series, the two columns are on top of each other. I can't figure out how to change this, and I don't recall ever having this probl...

I need Excel Help
I have another question about my project that I don't understand, if anyone could help that would be awesome! consultants who work on a project also receive a bonus if the fees exceed estimates, otherwise the consultant received no bonus. Create one formula that calculates the bonus by referencing the appropriate bonus rate in the table given by the number of hours the consultant worked. Does this make sense to anyone? I really need help. Take a look at VLOOKUP in help. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "IHate...

Trouble exporting Report to Excel
How do you increase rows to output size? When exporting a 2000+ page report to Excel (97-2002 *xls), stops on page 412 with message stating: “There are too many rows to output, based on limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access”. Using Access 2000 with Windows 2000 OS Excel has a hard-and-fast limit of 65536. When you export to Excel from a report, you usually get extraneous blank lines, so it's conceivable that you're hitting that limit. There's no way around it, other than to simply export the data (assuming less than 65536 rows) rather than the rep...

please correct these 2 issues
Task 'pop.registeredsite.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'pop.registeredsite.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0B) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B' I am trying to send an email with a movie attachment. also please email your suggestions if you could thanks! Hi - I doubt we can correct these issues from here! How big is this file?...

Excel File Opening Via Hyperlink
What do I need to do within an Excel document to have it open in print preview mode when the Intranet link to this file is clicked? Thank you. Put this one line Macro in the ThisWorkbook code area: Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200723 ...