Automatic refresh of external data

I've looked and played with all the settings that I think would allow
automatic refresh of external data, but I still get a dialog box every time
I open the workbook that asks if I really want to enable or disable
automatic refresh.  Yes I really do!  Where is the switch or property which
automatically enables this?

TIA

Keith

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

BTW I using 2003.

I assume I'm the only one with this problem.

"Keith Streich" <kstreich999@execpc.com> wrote in message
> I've looked and played with all the settings that I think would allow
> automatic refresh of external data, but I still get a dialog box every
time
> I open the workbook that asks if I really want to enable or disable
> automatic refresh.  Yes I really do!  Where is the switch or property
which
> automatically enables this?
>
> TIA
>
> Keith

Keith

No your not, I'm on 2002 an can't get it too auto refresh on open either,
maybe its only us two are having the problem

> I assume I'm the only one with this problem.
>
> "Keith Streich" <kstreich999@execpc.com> wrote in message
> > I've looked and played with all the settings that I think would allow
> > automatic refresh of external data, but I still get a dialog box every
> time
> > I open the workbook that asks if I really want to enable or disable
> > automatic refresh.  Yes I really do!  Where is the switch or property
> which
> > automatically enables this?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Keith

0
John
2/22/2005 9:58:12 PM
I was really hoping to get some type of solution from this group.

"Keith Streich" <kstreich999@execpc.com> wrote in message
> I've looked and played with all the settings that I think would allow
> automatic refresh of external data, but I still get a dialog box every
time
> I open the workbook that asks if I really want to enable or disable
> automatic refresh.  Yes I really do!  Where is the switch or property
which
> automatically enables this?
>
> TIA
>
> Keith

Automatic CC

Vary Colors in the Same Data Series
What do I need to do so to enable the box to click to Vary Colors by Point? Currently this option and the one above it (Series Lines) are "greyed out" for my chart. What type of chart. What version of XL? How many data point in a series? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Joseph Reilly" <JosephReilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0DED7C-D6C2-4C91-911B-328E2BC19E7B@microsoft.com... > What do I need to do so to enable the box to click to Vary Colors by > Point? > ...

Save static data from web query
I have a worksheet with a web query. The sheet is accessed over the internet and the web query loads it with data. Is there a way for the user to save the worksheet together with the data rather than save it with the query itself? Once the sheet is loaded with data I want to save it containing static data and no web query... /Patrik ...

Automatic axis format

combining data from 2 sheets
Hi.. I have data in 2 sheets which i want it to be displayed in the third sheet. Please suggest me how to proceed with this... ------**------ Example : Sheet 1: Sheet 2 : No Name1 No Name2 1 abc 1 efg 2 eds 2 xyz 4 def 3 aaa 5 dss 6 ddd The Result should be : Sheet 3 : No Name1 Name2 1 abc efg 2 eds xyz 3 aaa 4 def ...

Purchase Orders
Hello, I'm trying to create POs using GP (version 8.00g34) on our GP server, however going Transactions -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order Entry generates a "Cannot access this form because the dictionary containing it is not loaded." error. The other areas of GP (which I have access to) look OK. Could there be something wrong with my Dynamics.set file? We have workstations that use GP and the .set file looks the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris Check to make sure there security is not looking for an alternate Great Plains windo...

CRM 4.0
Hi How does one configure a WF Local Service / Data Exchange Service in CRM 4.0? In a custom WF host I can accomplish this by specifying the service in the host application's configuration file. Is this approach possible with CRM 4.0? I understand that the workflow runtime is hosted by the CRM Asynchronous Service, and I have been able to register custom WF Activity as detailed in the CRM SDK documentation. However I can find no references to registering / configuring a local service. Any help much appreciated! Regards, Gareth On Oct 23, 1:38=A0pm, rgdav...@gmail.com wrote: > H...

Import external data into Excel 2007 so I can subtotal it
I would like to be able to use Microsoft Query to import data from a SQL database into a sheet in Excel 2007 in a raw format, not a table, so I can subtotal it. I was able to do it once but not since. Everytime I try now it come in as a table and then the subtotal button is greyed out. Any help in in answering this mystery is GREATLY appreciated! You mean Table as in Data>Insert Table? If a single column Table you can filter and subtotal within the Table ...............or get rid of it. Right-click anywhere in the Table and Table>Convert to Range Gord Dibben M...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Determine if a linked cell contains data
Using vba I'd like to change the formatting/colours on a particular cell if the cell contains text. So for example: If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(Cells(i, ColNum)) Then Cells(i, ColNum).Font.Bold = True Cells(i, ColNum).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 End If This works fine for cells which do contain text but not for cells which contain 'linked text'. I have some cells which are linked from a 2nd sheet and in the 2nd sheet they contain text. The code above does not work because there the cell contains ='Sheet2'!B93 How can I get ...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

External Hard drive 11-29-09
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim Brown(jbrown15@hvc.rr.com This one looks good - good price too: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3098104&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1260291- PS: use free Macrium ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp ) for imaging. It is easy to use, fast and works really well. -- whs For 1-2TB drives check: www.ecost.com ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...

Exoported data to Excel
When I export data to Excel and it contains $ values, Excel converts the data to "Number stored as text". To perform any math computations, we need to select the option "Convert to number". Is there a way to have CRM export data without converting these numbers to text?" use float instead of money "kathyc" wrote: > When I export data to Excel and it contains $ values, Excel converts the data > to > "Number stored as text". To perform any math computations, > we need to select the option "Convert to number". > ...

refreshing pivot table reports
How do I update a pivot table report, the datasheet gets updated monthly with new information in nearly 300+ new rows, but when I refresh pivot tables it does not include this new information. Any suggestions will be appreciated. You could use a dynamic range as the source -- there are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html lynne wrote: > How do I update a pivot table report, the datasheet gets > updated monthly with new information in nearly 300+ new > rows, but when I refresh pivot tables it does not include > this new information. -- Debr...