Auto Sum shortcut key?

Can anyone tell/explain to me if it's possible or if there's a keyboard
shortcut to autosum a group of highlighted cells.
I do tons of this and it would be much easier if there were a keyboard
function instead of mouse clicking autosum.

Thanks....This is a sweet forum, IMHO

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Noob

ALT + =

Gord Dibben   XL2002

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:10:13 -0600, Excel Noob
<Excel.Noob.xis30@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell/explain to me if it's possible or if there's a keyboard
>shortcut to autosum a group of highlighted cells.
>I do tons of this and it would be much easier if there were a keyboard
>function instead of mouse clicking autosum.
>

>Thanks....This is a sweet forum, IMHO

>~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
>~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Gord
11/26/2003 11:13:24 PM
I have the Shortcut keys on one web page that make it easier to
find.     http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm

While AutoSum does a very good job at guessing what you what
to do.   You might want to use a formula  like

 B29:     =SUM(B2:OFFSET(B29,-1,0)

The advantage is that you can insert a row before row 29 and
the formula is automatically fixed and you don't have to redo them.

More information look for use of OFFSET in
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

We are answering you from an actual newsgroup.

HTH,

<Gord Dibben> wrote in message news:2rcasvodfusnh493v9djnj9eq0sphiriuh@4ax.com...
> Noob
>
> ALT + =
>
> Gord Dibben   XL2002
>
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:10:13 -0600, Excel Noob
> <Excel.Noob.xis30@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:
>

> >Can anyone tell/explain to me if it's possible or if there's a keyboard
> >shortcut to autosum a group of highlighted cells.
> >I do tons of this and it would be much easier if there were a keyboard
> >function instead of mouse clicking autosum.
> >

> >Thanks....This is a sweet forum, IMHO
> >

> >------------------------------------------------
> >~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> >~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Auto Filter problem

Sum based on multiple conditions
I have Column A with a "stage" in it that will range from 1 - 8 I have column B with a "close date" in it that could be any date I have column C with a value in it. I need the sum of the values in C that have Close dates in any given range (ex. 10/1/2004 through 10/31/2004), that are in any given sales stage. I tried using SUMIF which seems to only work with 1 condition...so I can do =SUMIF(AA,1,CC) and it will give me the sum of the values that are in stage 1. SUMIF doesn't appear to work with ranges or multiple conditions though. =SUMPRODUCT((C1:C100>="...

My keying is changed ...
Hi, When I enter text into Outlook 2000 it shows different results. For example, if I enter dog it may show ket. Every character is changed. If I close Outlook and reopen Outlook everything is working fine for a while then it starts up again. Today, a person who sends me email and I send email to has the same problem. Did a virus cause this? If so, how do I get rid of the problem. Also, how did this happen if I have antivirus protection and a firewall? Thank you for your help. On 12 Apr 2005 15:57:02 -0700, lanalewis@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, >When I enter text into Outlook 2000 i...

"New Mail Message" etc shortcuts in Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from 98 to 2003. In 98 there were shortcuts for creating a new mail message, new task, new contact, etc. You could put them on Office Toolbar, on QuickLaunch, or anywhere. I can't find a way to do that in 2003. Is there a way? dave Since the Office toolbar was removed from Office 2003, where do you want to put the shortcuts? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ans...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

dashes and the right arrow key
In excel 2003 I hit the dash key in a cell becusae it is null to me, then I press the right arrow, and it will create a subtraction calculation, I know if I hit the tab key it will not do this, but is there a way so I can use the dash in one cell and then press the right arrow to move to the next column without it caluculating? any help would be great thanks No need for multiple post within 10 minutes, see a possible answer to your previous post Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cyndi" <cyndi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96963619-4B3E-4BF5-A2C5-26D279AE5529@mic...

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

Shortcut Bar
Hello, I work on the Help Desk at Benco Dental. We currently only have three users that run the Great Plains software. We're using version 6.0. Recently we started having issues with one of our users. The first time she opens up the software for the day, the icon (shorcut) bar is missing. She immediately closes out, re-opens and the icon bar is there. This happens every day. There have been no recent changes made. Her PC is a Cel. 1GHz, with 256MB running Windows XP. Has anyone seen this before? Any help would be much appreciated. The problem is "XP" and &quo...

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Registy keys for PST's in outlook 2003
does anyone know what registry keys or values are used by outlook 2003 to refrence existing pst's? We re trying to remove existing PST's from user's outlook profiles and I can't identify a key or value used only for pst's.. thanks Jim Mills ...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

"right click" shortcut menu
I have a Windows 2k user that is using Excel 2002 (10.4524.4219)SP-2. She lost her shortcut menu when she right clicks in a cell. I have searched around and cannot find a fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated. John LaBombard Hi John, See my http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm It looks better if you turn off the normal right click menu when doing your own. Cancel = True 'prevents normal Right-Click menu from appearing it only applies to the one sheet and only if the event macro is still there. If you lost your right click menu on all sheets then use ...

Outlook
My auot archiving is turned on and set to auto archive every 7 days. There are certain folders that do not auto archive even though all folder are set to use the default setting of 7 day. I'm not sure why some folders are not auto archiving. Please help. Archiving works on the modified date of the items, not the received or sent date. If you have accessed the item in the last 7 days, the modified date will be the date you last accessed the item and fall outside of your 7 days or older parameter. Try this - add the modified date to your folder and then sort by that date. You can see...

V10 Shortcut folders
While training users in V10 navigation I was unable to move a shortcut into a folder. I just tested on my local install and had the same issue. I tested it in V9 and it worked fine. has this changed in V10? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Dynamics GP Consultant Emergence Bermuda Doug, I am afraid so! The most convenient drag and drop function has been replaced by ol' fashioned cut and paste, go figure! Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com &q...