Auto Numbering #2

I would like to know if there is any method whereby an auto number can
be generated for me in the first column (A) for each record i enter ?

Example
1 ABC
2 ABCD
3 ...
4 ...
and so on

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way
=if(b3<>"",a2+1,"")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"linuskmj" <linuskmj.zddja@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know if there is any method whereby an auto number can
> be generated for me in the first column (A) for each record i enter ?
>
> Example
> 1 ABC
> 2 ABCD
> 3 ...
> 4 ...
> and so on
>

> ---

Don
1/1/2004 8:49:17 PM
One method if entering data in column B......

=IF(B1<>"",1,"") entered in A1

=IF(B2<>"",A1+1,"") entered in A2 and copied down as far as you wish

Hang in.  I'm sure there will be more elegant methods suggested.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 14:16:02 -0600, linuskmj
<linuskmj.zddja@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I would like to know if there is any method whereby an auto number can
>be generated for me in the first column (A) for each record i enter ?
>
>Example
>1 ABC
>2 ABCD
>3 ...
>4 ...
>and so on
>

>---

Gord

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

CHeaderCtrl #2
MFC is just the thing for me it seems, plently of vexation to while away the hours. *sigh* I am trying to inser a bitmap in the fourth column of my header control, attached to a list ctrl. After reading the docs and codeproject resources, here's what I came up with: void MyViewClass::OnInitialUpdate() { [creation code for List Ctrl, "List"] ..... CHeaderCtrl* pHead = List.GetHeaderCtrl(); CBitmap bm; bm.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP3); HDITEM hdi; pHead->GetItem(4,&hdi); hdi.mask |=HDI_BITMAP|HDI_FORMAT; hdi.fmt |=HDF_BITMAP; hdi.fmt &=~HDF_STRING; ...

Windows 2000 GP installation #2
GP 9.0 Fully Patched/Updated Windows 2000NT console. When installing the integration manager this error pops up when copying files: " The windows installer service cannot update the system file C: \WINNT\system 32\msscript.ocx because the file is protected by windows. You may need to update your operating system for this program to work properly. " Clicking okay resumes the install and everything seems to proceed just fine. When running MS Dynamics GP a login and server can be selected but when you attempt to login to a company we get "The databse setup has not been co...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

Classes for RMS 2.0
I would like to take classes for RMS 2.0 but cannot find anything through Microsoft. Does anyone know where I can find a listing? Cargas (www.cargas.com) located in Pittsburgh, PA offers a 2 day course in RMS Store Operations, cost is $ 1,400.00. They also offer a 2 day course in RMS Headquarters, same price. I took the store ops course and found it well worth the investment. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler P. O. Box 3332 Little Rock, AR 72203-3332 (T) 501-374-3636 (F) 501-375-0043 (C) 501-412-5686 (E-Mail) kinnardkohler@sbcglobal.net "Davidjc52" wrote: > I would like to take...

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

OWA auto login

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

Test number of decimal places in Currency format
How can I interrogate the system (Windows, I guess) to find out how many decimal places are specified in its Currency format? Alternatively, how can I test a number that's been entered to ensure that the user did not enter more decimal places than the Windows currency format permits (Access will store what's entered, but I want to reject what's been entered if it's not according to the Regional settings). Bob Randy Birch has code to give you details about the defined Locale Currency information at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/locale/localecurrency.htm Note, though, th...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

remove macro #2
Hi every time I start an excel workbook I have made I get the security warning about running macros but as far as I can tell there are no macros in the workbook. When I go to tools/macro there are no macros visible in the box that appears. So what is causing the security message to appear? And how can I stop it? If I set the security level to low the message does not appear. Windows XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003 Thanks Ron Press ALT+F11 to open the VBA editor. Delete any text in any of the modules under "Microsoft Excel Object" and delete any modules under "Modules"...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi!=20 I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous=20 cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other=20 cell, for example: ........................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11........

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...