Auto filter and Pivot Table

Is it possible to auto filter data, and use it as input to a Pivot
table?  When I run a test where I first auto filter, I initially had
20000 rows, and the auto filter reduced it to 12000 rows.  But when I
go to crearte a pivot table on the filtered data, I am back to a total
record count of 20000.  Am I combining apples and oranges?  If so, is
there a way to filter data, before it gets inputed to a Pivot table?

--
RandyLewisKemp
RandyLewisKemp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34846

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Instead of an AutoFilter, you could use an Advanced Filter, and extract
the records to another range. Base the pivot table on the new list.
There are Advanced Filter instructions in Excel's Help, and here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

RandyLewisKemp wrote:
> Is it possible to auto filter data, and use it as input to a Pivot
> table?  When I run a test where I first auto filter, I initially had
> 20000 rows, and the auto filter reduced it to 12000 rows.  But when I
> go to crearte a pivot table on the filtered data, I am back to a total
> record count of 20000.  Am I combining apples and oranges?  If so, is
> there a way to filter data, before it gets inputed to a Pivot table?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)

custom report filter by customer & supplier
We would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list with name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) filtered on customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in the past. We do use Vera Bradley as a department. The output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the total customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus show Vera Bradley in their detailed customer purchases. The report would give us just the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing purposes. The report would need to be...

drop down arrow missing from Pivot table
Hi, When I go back to a pivot table I have set up, the drop down arrow within all the fields disappears. Does anyone know how I can retrieve these? Is there some kind of function to turn this on/off? thanks Are you sure you haven't copied and pasted the table as values, as this would give the appearance you have just described. is the pivot table still functional in that you can drag fields around and have it update in front of you? Regards Ken................... "Sim" wrote: > Hi, > When I go back to a pivot table I have set up, the drop down arrow...

Auto Filter problem

Filter and Page Setup
Hi All, I have a question about filters and page headings for printing a filtered document. I basically need advice on the best way to accomplish the below listed task. I have set up a spreadsheet for logging transmittals received from different offices that my company has around the world. In this spreadsheet, I have numerous rows of information that we need to keep track of. I would like to place filters on SOME of the columns (not all of them). When I have the filter on, and I print out the document, I would like it to have a title that is relevant to the filter. For example, ...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

Counting Records after filtering by feilds
I am working on a project that will create a report to count the number of open work orders (records that have their opendate field with in a date range given), close work orders (records that have their closeddate field with in the same date range given earlier) and pending work orders (records that do not have an entry in the closed date field). I don't know how to (a) prompt the user for a given date range, im thinking of maybe using a form interface? Is it possible for me to have a calander button to click to select a date from there? and (b) To count the what was previously describe...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

how to rotate excel table in word
I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down the shift key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture. In Word, just paste. Because the item is now a picture, you can use the drawing toolbar to rotate it to any desired angle -- Gary''s Student "dro" wrote: > I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Thanks, its working just fine for me. "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down > the ...

Auto date

Help using Tables
Hi guys! I need some help. I have a table that has a percentage range. Like this. Less than 90% 0 90.0% 90.9% $ 2,625 91.0% 91.9% $ 3,413 92.0% 92.9% $ 4,200 93.0% 93.9% $ 4,988 94.0% 94.9% $ 5,775 95.0% 95.9% $ 6,563 96.0% 96.9% $ 7,350 97.0% 97.9% $ 8,138 98.0% 98.9% $ 8,925 99.0% 99.9% $ 9,713 100.0% 100.9% $ 10,500 101...

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Include field not in table in report?
I'm writing a set of tables and forms and reports to manage a small chess club at my daughter's school. One of the things I create is a report on the previous chess match, with the players as drawn and their match results. I extract this from my Games table. The Games table has a foreign key to the Matches table where I have a record recording the Match data (title, date, time, etc.) When I create the Game Results report, I'd like to include the title of the match and it's date in the header. I created a text box and inserted the following expression: =(SELECT [Title] FRO...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Subtotal in a pivot table
I have a question on calculating something in a pivot table. What I am trying to get is a % of the subtotal break in my table. I have a calculated field but cannot figure out how to get it to calc. the % off the shop total not the Total for the table. See the example below. For Shop 246-Database I want the Sum of % of shop total to be based off the Database DeliveryAmt (10575) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 61%, not the pivot table total (185852) = 5.7%. Retail should be Retail DeliveryAmt (6742) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 39%, not the pivot table total (185852)...

using vba to update record in another table
I am new to VBA, but here is what i want to accomplish. I have 1 form and 2 tables. Form uses table 1 to store data (first,last,address,tel.site (a), sit (b) eash site has a unique number..) Table 2 stores site information and unique number( range number for site (a) is 1 to 1000 range for site (b) 1000 to 4000). How do i increment the number by one every time a new record is added to a site. For example first record is site (a) is 1000, next time i add a record for site(a) number must be 10002 and same for site (b). Please help thanks Hey learner, You would need to decide where y...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Best way to do this (variable report filtering)
I am trying to create a form that will allow the user to filter the contents of a report by up to 6 fields. (Theme, Sponsor, Site, AcctExec, Advertiser, Type). I was leaning on the direction of having Filter On checkboxes that if checked would point to the fields that the user wanted to filter by. Then have comboboxes with the values for the filter. If no check boxes checked, no filter etc. I have a query that pulls all information and I have done something similar in the past (minus the checkboxes) but my brain isn't working. Basically the question is. . what is the be...