Auto colour change in cells?

Can I have Excel automatically change the colour of cell data so that
entered data will be a differed colour from future days cells?

Beemer
0
Beemer (162)
6/17/2004 6:27:29 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Beemer!

Use

Select the range that contains your dates
Format > Conditional Formatting
Cell value is
Greater Than
=TODAY()
Format button
Select format
OK
OK

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Can I have Excel automatically change the colour of cell data so
> that
> entered data will be a differed colour from future days cells?
>
> Beemer

0
njharker (1646)
6/17/2004 7:18:54 AM
In article <40d145e1$0$5584$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
njharker@optusnet.com.au says...
> Hi Beemer!
>
> Use
>
> Select the range that contains your dates
> Format > Conditional Formatting
> Cell value is
> Greater Than
> =TODAY()
> Format button
> Select format
> OK
> OK

Norman,

It works (of course!)

Thanks,

Beemer
0
Beemer (162)
6/20/2004 9:58:05 AM
Hi Beemer!

Thanks for the confirmation. Not so much of the "of course" <vbg>

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)

Auto Filter problem

My keying is changed ...
Hi, When I enter text into Outlook 2000 it shows different results. For example, if I enter dog it may show ket. Every character is changed. If I close Outlook and reopen Outlook everything is working fine for a while then it starts up again. Today, a person who sends me email and I send email to has the same problem. Did a virus cause this? If so, how do I get rid of the problem. Also, how did this happen if I have antivirus protection and a firewall? Thank you for your help. On 12 Apr 2005 15:57:02 -0700, lanalewis@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, >When I enter text into Outlook 2000 i...

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

Placing a mask within a cell
Howdy All, Here is what I am trying to do. I have a column with numbers in it. 1,2,3,etc. I want to prefix these numbers with Page.. and have the results look this this: "Page..1" "Page..2" With the quotation marks included. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Brian One way: Format/Cell/Number/Custom \""Page..."0\" In article <uEaiQGMeFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote: > Howdy All, > > Here is what I am trying to do. > > I have a column with numbers in it. 1,2,3,e...

How do I change the "Project Type" in "law Firm Financial Analys..
he "Lawfirm Financial Analysis Worksheet" currently has only attorney related "Projects Types," e.g., bankruptcy, forming corporations, amublence chasing. I'd like to modify the worksheet so it would fit other professions, i.e., engineering, consulting, and the like. Are these worksheets, including the law firm financial analysis worksheet, modifyable? If you download the worksheet: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/TC011406201033.aspx you should be able to modify it. Clear the existing project types, and replace them with the ones you need. seanac...

auto copy self

Column reference got changed
Column references in my excel sheets which which usually show as A B C D ....... are now showing 1 2 3 4 5 Please help willy wrote: >Column references in my excel sheets which which usually show as A B C D >...... are now showing 1 2 3 4 5 >Please help Tools | Options, General tab. Untick R1C1 reference style. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Goto <Tools><Options><Settings> and untick <R1C1 reference style>. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "willy" <willy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB0C70...

Counting colored cells
I need to count the number of rows (or cells) that are are a particular color. ex: How many cells in column A are red? Daniel, You need a VBA function to do this. See the CountByColor function at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Daniel" <dcarlileaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0c9901c3886b$a55b7b20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to count the number of rows (or cells) that are are > a particular color. ex: How many cells in column A are > red? ...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

unsaved changes
Hey all, I was just curious does anyone know if you can recover an unsaved data, i made changes to an excel worksheet and I accidently exited out without saving the changes, can i recover all that data, it took me an hour to do? If you exited XL normally, you're out of luck. In article <BC3B2D1C-31C6-479A-A53D-1DF8190F67A2@microsoft.com>, accidentalprone <accidentalprone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hey all, > > I was just curious does anyone know if you can recover an unsaved data, i > made changes to an excel worksheet and I accidently exited out...

Auto look through subfolders

Turning off formatting when tracking changes
When we are tracking changes, then save the document, and open it later, the formatting shows up on the right side of the page. When I click on the Review tab and unclick the arrow beside Formatting under show Mark-up, it goes away. Then I save, and every time I open it, it's back again. I only want to track the changes in the document, not the formatting itself, but it seems as if this is a default and I can NOT get it to go away....I don't want to accept the changes until appropriate folks have reviewed it, but when I send them the document, they all complain about t...

How to save contents of cell range in an array?
In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? And how does one declare x()? Thanks in advance. John Uebersax dim x as variant x = Activesheet.Range("A1:L12").value Tim "John Uebersax" <jsuebersax@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ef21027-a145-4022-8940-843b4cf2c943@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents > (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? > > And how does one declare x()? > > ...

Auto date

Changes are not saved on files
Hi, Sometimes when files are closed after beeing saved and then the user open this file, the last changes are not present (like user didn't save it). This happens on netwerk drive but also on local drive. We have also an antivirus but the searches on the antivirus support don't give anything. We experience that on windows2000 machines with OfficeXP and with WindowsXP machines with office2003. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks I would suspect that the user isn't opening the file that he/she saved. This used to happen a lot with people who would open email attachments, make changes...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Data validation with a cell value linked to the same cell.
I Think that my post name is very confusing but I'll explain. I�m doing a data validation in cell f1 usig the data validation option the value entered in cell f1 need to be equal or greatter than th value in cell b2 and cell b2 is calculated with the formula =a2+c4-f1. What I'm trying to do is to prevent to enter a value in cell f1 tha I'll make cell b2 negative. But its not working, any suggetsions??? Thanks. Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Change your CF criterion to Formula is = F1 <= (A2+C4) In article <rodolform.161w07@excelforum-n...

NDRs, Outlook contacts, GAL changes
Hi, We recently allowed a staff member access to update people's email addresses and display names in our Global Address list on an Exchange 2000 (Windows 2000) server. the GAL has about 20,000 mostly external address entries. (There are only 30 staff in our organization.) For display consistency, this staff person has changed many display names in the GAL to a standardized format, i.e. Lastname Firstname -Company. Prior to that, it may or may not have displayed the outside person's organization. Also, some of the listings in the GAL had people's employee numbers as their alias b...

Macro to turn on "Track Changes" function
I'm trying to create a macro that turns on the "Track Changes" function with a shortcut key. The problem is that while I'm recording the macro the traditional way, the recording process stops when the "Track Changes" function is turned on. Is there a way to overcome this problem or is the "Track Changes" function not possible to put into a macro, even in Visual Basic? ...

Auto-Alphabetize