Attached Toolbars Macros

Excel 2003

I have a custom tool bar, this tool bar has several items, each item is
pointing to a VBA code.  This tool bar is attached to the worksheet.

I've copied this spreadsheet to several computers.  After I copied the
spreadsheet I decided to rename the spreadsheet, after I renamed the
spreadsheet the Toolbar Item's macros were still pointing to the old name, I
reasigned each tool bar item to the current spreadsheet, saved the
spreadsheet and everything was working on my computer, but when I re-copied
the new spreadsheet to other computers and I clicked on the Toolbar Item the
Items were still pointing to the macro in the original spreadsheet.

Where are the Toolbar definitions keept, because replacing the spreadsheet
does not change the Toolbar macro assignment?

Thank You

Peter

0
czupet (3)
6/2/2009 3:05:22 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you've attached the toolbar to the workbook (not a worksheet within the
workbook), then the assignment is kept in that workbook.

You can loop through each control and reassign the "onaction" to the new
workbook's name.

Saved from a previous post:

Your life will become much simpler if you include code to create the toolbar
when the workbook is opened and include code to destroy the toolbar when the
workbook is closed.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm  -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

I would like to create the tool bar through code, but I can't find an
example where you create a tool bar that has a dropdown box and each list
item has a VBA macro assigned to it.

> If you've attached the toolbar to the workbook (not a worksheet within the
> workbook), then the assignment is kept in that workbook.
>
> You can loop through each control and reassign the "onaction" to the new
> workbook's name.
>
> Saved from a previous post:
>
> Your life will become much simpler if you include code to create the
> toolbar
> when the workbook is opened and include code to destroy the toolbar when
> the
> workbook is closed.
>
> For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John
> Walkenbach
> does it in his menumaker workbook:
> http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip53.htm
>
> Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
> (from Debra Dalgleish's site)
>
> In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the
> addins.
>
> And if you use xl2007:
>
> If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de
> Bruin's
> site:
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm  -- For macros for all workbooks (saved
> as an
> addin)
> or
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm
>

> Peter wrote:
>>
>> Excel 2003
>>
>> I have a custom tool bar, this tool bar has several items, each item is
>> pointing to a VBA code.  This tool bar is attached to the worksheet.
>>
>> I've copied this spreadsheet to several computers.  After I copied the
>> spreadsheet I decided to rename the spreadsheet, after I renamed the
>> spreadsheet the Toolbar Item's macros were still pointing to the old
>> name, I
>> reasigned each tool bar item to the current spreadsheet, saved the
>> spreadsheet and everything was working on my computer, but when I
>> re-copied
>> the new spreadsheet to other computers and I clicked on the Toolbar Item
>> the
>> Items were still pointing to the macro in the original spreadsheet.
>>
>> Where are the Toolbar definitions keept, because replacing the
>> spreadsheet
>> does not change the Toolbar macro assignment?
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>> Peter
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
czupet (3)
6/3/2009 5:35:54 AM
You don't attach a toolbar to a worksheet.  However, you can attach a toolbar to
a workbook.  But I wouldn't do it.

I'm not sure how complex your toolbar is going to be, but maybe this will get
you started--or you can match merge with the code on Debra's site:

Option Explicit
Public Const ToolBarName As String = "MyToolbarName"
Sub Auto_Open()
    Call CreateMenubar
End Sub
Sub Auto_Close()
    Call RemoveMenubar
End Sub
Sub RemoveMenubar()
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.CommandBars(ToolBarName).Delete
    On Error GoTo 0
End Sub
Sub CreateMenubar()

    Dim iCtr As Long

    Dim MacNames As Variant
    Dim CapNames As Variant
    Dim TipText As Variant

    Call RemoveMenubar

    With Application.CommandBars.Add
        .Name = ToolBarName
        .Left = 200
        .Top = 200
        .Protection = msoBarNoProtection
        .Visible = True
        .Position = msoBarFloating

        With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, temporary:=True)
            .Caption = "Caption1"
            With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
                .OnAction = "'" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "'!mac1"
                .Caption = "myMac1"
            End With
            With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
                .OnAction = "'" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "'!mac2"
                .Caption = "myMac2"
            End With
        End With

    End With
End Sub
Sub ResetMenu()
    oMenu.Delete
End Sub
Sub mac1()
    MsgBox "mac1"
End Sub
Sub mac2()
    MsgBox "mac2"
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

> [...]
>> > workbook's name.
>> >
>> > Saved from a previous post:
>> >
>> > Your life will become much simpler if you include code to create the
>> > toolbar
>> > when the workbook is opened and include code to destroy the toolbar
>> > when
>> > the
>> > workbook is closed.
>> >
>> > For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John
>> > Walkenbach
>> > does it in his menumaker workbook:
>> > http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip53.htm
>> >
>> > Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
>> > http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
>> > (from Debra Dalgleish's site)
>> >
>> > In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the
>> > addins.
>> >
>> > And if you use xl2007:
>> >
>> > If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron

0
czupet (3)

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Selection copy and insert to other sheet (Macro)
Any body help with a macro please........ I have selected two cells from a row from sheet1 Is there any way to copy those cells go to Sheet2 and insert a blank row in A1 and paste those infor on B3 tks in advance The macro recorder will give you the necessary code. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:32:01 -0700, RE: VLOOKUP fORMULA <REVLOOKUPfORMULA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Any body help with a macro please........ > > >I have selected two cells from a row from sheet1 > >Is there any way to copy those cells >g...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

SQL Scipt to add toolbar shortcut
I would like to create a script that will atomaticly set a shortcut on the toolbar in Dynamics 10 to put the exit button on the toolbar.... can anyone tell me the tables or fields? You mean to exit the application? That's what the X on the upper right corner is for. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "GPNut" wrote: > I would like to create a script that will atomaticly set a shortcut on > the toolbar in Dynamics 10 to put...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Help with a macro 03-03-10
This is what I have so far. It comes up with an error 1004 message as soon as I put the connection to the second worksheet to paste the information... I dont understand :-( Any help much appreciated! Sub Wombat() Sheets("1").Cells(3, 12).Select x = 3 y = 24 Do Until Cells(x, 12).Value = "END" If Cells(x, 12).Value <> "" Then Cells(x, 12).Copy Sheets("2").Cells(y, 1).Select ActiveSheet.Paste ...

macro to create list
How would I go about writing a macro to copy a cell at a determined interval and create a list to use in a chart? ...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

Outlooks Attachments
when i attach any attachments in a new e-mail they attach in the writing plane and thus cant be opened by my friends. If i reply the attachments go in the right place - on the subject bar. HELP PLEASE!! change your message format to plain text or html, you're using RTF right now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outl...

Creating an Outlook 2007 macro that attaches a signature to new me
Hi, I'm new to macro creation and have several questions. I created code that adds a random signature to an open message window. Now I need to find a way to execute this code every time the user creates a new message window (new message, reply, forward). How can this be done? Following up on this I need to know what I can do with the macro code to "install" it within several Outlook 2007 instances. 1) See the NewInspector event. 2) http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=28 -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories:...

Deleting Macros
Years ago I wrote a complex spreadsheet. In it I used a visual basic macro which allowed me to print the spreadsheet. I now use the spreadsheet in the most recent version of Excel. When I open the spreadsheet I get a message that informs that the macro has been disabled for safety reasons. I have tried deleting the macro but am unable to do so. Using the procedure in Help does not work, since the delete button is not highlighted. I would appreciate any suggestions, since rewriting the spreadsheet would be a monumental task. Thanks, A Axel, Here's a link for some help on de...

Blocked access to unsafe attachments
HELP! I have received an update to a client's office software and now Outlook is telling me that I cannot save the "potentially unsafe attachment." I do not remember doing anything that would cause this and I have tried to tweak the Security Settings to no avail. I need this file for tomorrow and have looked all over MS's site only to see that there is nothing that can be done for a "Level 1 (EXE) file" -- any help would be greatly appreciated. Mac See the following pages for help with this: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm http://www.slipstick....

Rule that applies to attachments
Outlook 2002. I don't see how to create a rule that applies to attachments. I.e., I want to move a message that has an attachment with a specific name to a specified folder. Am I missing something or is this not possible? ...

Forget to attach attachment
Once in awhile, in my hectic days, I forget to attach a file to an email. Is there a way in Outlook to prevent an email from being sent when I use the word 'attachment' in the body of the email when I forget to attach the file? I'd rather not use a 3rd party product to accomplish this. You can build it in with a little VBA code. See http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=553 -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "NH...

Outlook XP sending emails with attachments over and over
Hi, outlook xp keeps sending emails with attachments over and over again, the email remains in my outbox. Emails without attachements send normally Another user on my machine has the same problem with outlook, he does not use I hate spam at all. Outlook Express works fine.(but i don't want to use it), webmail works fine as well. while its sending, i get error messages: Task 'mail.iinet.com.au - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0B) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B' Task 'mail.iinet.com.au - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed ...