Assign Random ID

I have an evolving list of names on a donor list. Evolving means adding new=
 names yearly. I would like to use VLOOKUP to be able to have yearly donati=
ons properly updated on a master list. I know how to use VLOOKUP, but I do =
not have a unique identifier for each donor.
I would like to be able to assign a random ID to each current user, and any=
 new user I may add in the future. I would not be doing any sorting based o=
n this ID, but usually by LAST NAME of each donor. I do not want to lose th=
e ID attached with each name.

Any ideas?
0
TesnoBay (2)
3/26/2012 11:44:35 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

assign a shortcut key in access
I want to assign a shortcut key in a form like when a user presses CTRL+S a code should run like Go To Control combo1 and me.combo1.dropdwon any way to do this? You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here's a very good explanation of how to do that! http://www22.brinkster.com/accessory/macros/002.shtml -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 missinglinq via AccessMonster.com wrote: > You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here&...

OWA SSL randomly disappears
We have a front-end Exchange 2003 server with 5 HTTP virtual servers configured (we host 5 SMTP domains for e- mail). 4 of the 5 HTTP virtual servers are secured via SSL using certificates from Verisign. The 5th HTTP virtual server is the default Exchange server and is for testing purposes only. Each virtual server is assigned a unique IP (all sites run on port 80). The problem we're having is that SSL randomly disappears from the IIS MMC console. The certificate remains intact and in order to restore SSL, all we have to do is re- enter port 443. What could be causing this? ...

Jump to random records
I have a form named frmForm1 which is linked to two tables called tblTable1 and tblTable2; tblTable2 is linked to the subform while tblTable1 is linked to the main form. I have a command button on the form, when I click it I would like for it to jump to and/or select one random record from tblTable1 and display it in the main form field in frmForm1 while simultaneously jumping to and/or selecting 3 random records from tblTable2 and displaying them in the subform field in frmForm1. The tables are not linked. Do you know what code would enable me to do this? "Teddy...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

Sender ID (Exc2k3 sp2) and Symantec SMSSMTP
Hello Dears, I have a question and maybe somebody already tried and/or has a solution. I have one FE server in a perimeter network. The idea is: - entering SMTP traffic goes to the SMSSMTP (v.5), verified there and forwarded to the Exchange 2003 SP2 for the next anti-spam processing, address/ip filtering etc. That is, on the same server in dmz: First, SMSSMTP receives on the port 10025/tcp, as example, then forwards all e-mail to Exchange FE configured with 25/tcp. I cannot install SMSSMTP and try it now … So, I hope somebody have some experience/ideas in that domain and can respond and ...

No Assigned Licenses
We have a total of 5 licenses. However only three users can access the CRM applications. If any other user tries to access the application we get an error message stating No Assigned Licenses Any suggestions? Thanks. Matthew You have to actually go assign the users licenses with the CRM, Log in to CRM as administrator, Click Settings from the Left menu, Click Business Unit Settings, Click users, Click the user you want to assign a license to, then from the popup click license from the left menu, Click Manage Licenses and add a license to that user. Just to warn you do not remove the l...

Combo box with integer ID behind each option
How do I set up an MFC combo box so that there is an integer value related to each potential option? e.g. I will be populating the combo based on the contents of a database table. I want it so that when the user selects an option in the combo, it returns the integer value of the primary key of the source row (rather than the text). Hi, I don't know how your database is related to the combobox; maybe there is no direct relation... Anyway, it sounds you want to associate an integer value to each string (or item) in the combobox. So, you can use the following methods: CComboBox::S...

Event ID 1008
I keep getting this message every about 30 seconds. "The Open Procedure for service "ASP.NET_1.1.4322" in DLL "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 \aspnet_isapi.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is data DWORD 0. " Does anyone have any idea what I can do to correct this. It started after upgrading from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Thanks, Jose Looks like the .Net Framework upgrade did not go smoothly. There are indicating that the performance counters for ASP.Net are missing. Try this: 1. Unin...

Assigned task
Hi, we are receiving emails from our bosses with attachment of our schedule task which we manually enter into our outlook task folder, is there a way or how can we automatically accept assigned task to integrate to our task folder. We are using outlook2000 under windows98 the outlook 2000 version is part of the office 2000 package install on out PC's. TIA Is your boss sending the tasks to you using Outlook Rich Text Format? If not, have him start. Also, how is he assigning tasks? Using the Assign Task feature or forwarding the task to you? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

shuffle pictures in a word doc, creating an Pictice ID test
I am trying to create a Picture Id test. Hi Kat Kat wrote: > I am trying to create a Picture Id test. sometimes, when nobody has answered a question after a couple of days, there's really not enough information present in the question to even make an educated guess ... IOW: you need to provide a tad bit more to even judge where you might get the best help. 0.02¢ Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mai...

PO next number changes randomly GP10
Hello, The company I currently work for has been seeing the next PO number being changed in the purchase order processing screen. This occurs randomly. To try to determine the cause of this, I have turned on the activity tracking as well as sql triggers on the pop40100 table. Has anyone else seen this before or have any suggestions on how to determine what is causing this to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, JC Hi JC when you say it is changing what do mean? I believe that the PO numbers will go back and fill in for PO's that have been deleted. I.E. i...

College Assignment Woes
Hello, I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone could guide me in some kind of direction. I have been given the following data: On a new sheet, named Salary Table, starting at cell A1, build the following table: Name Current Salary Percent Increase Effective Month 2004 Compensation. My exact problem is that I must createa formula that can be used for all to calculate the amount to each employee for the year 2004. The increases take place on the first day of the month specified. This means that if increase comes in July, the pay is six months at the old rate and six months at the new rat...

Event ID: 8528
I am not getting the Event ID: 8528 (to tell me that users have exceeded their maximum mailbox size) in my application log. How does one troubleshot this issue? Need suggestions. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Eric- The user in question should delete items from their mailbox. If you do not wish to have the quota applied, you should edit the System Policy applying the quotas with ESM. If there is no system policy applying the quota, then it is hard coded on the user's account. You can edit this in AD Users & Computers. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton...

Assigning Records
When a Microsoft CRM Record is assigned from one Microsoft CRM User to another, the Microsoft CRM User who assigned the record will maintain share privileges on that record once it has been assigned. The ownership of that record will be changed to the Microsoft CRM User the record was assigned to, but the User who assigned the record (the previous owner) will still maintain share privileges on that record. (KB861702) We have a situation where we our system reassigns accounts to different users quite often. We would not like the previous owner to have share privileges on that record. It...

assign
How do I make every thin in a column that is not >4000 assigned the "0" and every cell >4000 assigned the "1" (and ignoring the letters)? column might look like 4002 AB009 4001ab 2004 0078 45 -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Are there always just 2 letters (or none)? On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:32:03 GMT, "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote: >How do I make every thin in a column that is not >4000 assigned the "0" and >every cell >4000 assigned the "1" (and ignoring the letters)? &g...

CRM 3.0
Is there any way to use work flow to automatically assign leads to varius salesman as the leads come in. With v3.0, you can write a .Net assembly that you can call from workflow. This could be used to cycle through a list of reps and process the assignment. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dave M." <Dave M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D3A034A-B8A5-430D-943B-FBE4525BB013@microsoft.com... Is there any way to use work flow to automatically assign leads to varius salesman as the leads come in. ...

Inconsistent Mailbox IDs
I created an Outlook Add-In that reads the Recipients on Item Send and take actions based on the Recipient's MailBox ID. However, we are getting inconsistent Mailbox IDs for some users. I created some VBA code to test this. Here's what's happening: On Item Send, Add-In reads RecipientA and his Mailbox ID is 101. With RecipientA logged in in Outlook, Add-In reads his MailBox ID = 102. Anybody has an idea why this is happening? ...

Union query garbles ID field
I can't figure out why this happens. In some of my union queries, an ID field gets garbled and displayed as a non-western character, or a box shape of some sort. It's like it's encoded? Does anyone know why this might happen? I can post back with table & query descriptions. Thank you!! Matthew Here's my structure, simplified: tblContacts *ContactID LastName .... tblAffiliations *AffiliationID ContactID Title .... qryA: SELECT tblAffiliations.AffiliationID, tblAffiliations.Title, Null AS ContactID, Null AS LastName FROM tblAffiliations; qryC: SELECT tblCont...

Generate random sequence based on probability
I have a list of events and the probability that each will happen. Example: Event A 12% Event B 20% Event C 2% ...and so on. My list is about 20 entries long. What I want to do is to have Excel randomly determine what event will happen in what order, based on the percentage chance that it will happen. So I want 20 cells in another column with the results looking something like this: Event K Event B ...and so on. And be able to recalculate upon refresh. Thanks in advance!! Assuming the list is in A1:A20 - In cell C1 type: =INDEX($A$1:$A$20,MATCH(LARGE($B$1:$B$20,ROW()),$...

Reporting on Assigned records
Hey, My understanding of the "assigning a record" in the CRM is that this record changes ownership, Now, i have heard that this can not be reported on - As far as i understand, the record should still have a "Created by" and "OwnerIDName" that should tell the diffrence, but this does no work 90% of the time, If indeed it is correct. How does one actually pick up this field? do i need to link the "Activity" Table to one of the "Syst???" Tables or "User" Tables? Cause the more i think about it, the more usefull an "Activity&...

Assigning a value to a text
Hello, I'm currently doing somework in Excel and would greatly appreciate some help since I'm stuck. I've reached this part in which you have to calculate the dscounted price for each group of products. The discounts are ranged as Normal (5% discount), Special (10% discount), Exclusive (15% discount). When setting up you had to state what category each product was without indicating the % of discount. So I was wondering, if anyone knows how to *embed* the discount into the text, you know masking it. So any onlooker wouldn't notice it, but I can still calculate the discount. ...

Event ID 3092
I'm having the exact same problem, and I am not using Mail Marshal. The Warnings refers to many Public Folders... I have not found any information at Microsoft, Eventid.net and google too... Could anyone help us...? Thanks, Diogo "Raji Arulambalam" wrote: > Hi > > Yes > No > We run the MailMarshal SMTP version that is not integrated with Exchange. > It just send notifications to email addresses that so happens to be mail > enabled Exchange Public Folders or users. > > What is Event ID: 3092 and the category Replication Errors. Theres nothing >...

Workflow Assignments
I have setup a workflow. I am the Owner of the record and have assigned a couple of tasks to my assistant who is a User. When the workflow runs I (Owner) end up with my assistants (User) tasks. Has anyone else had this problem and more importantly, is there a workaround? Thanks in advance, -- Joe Boylan joe@springshomes.com Joe, do you set the owner of the contact in the workflow after creating those activities? Then the ownership of the activities will be changed too. BTW the ownership will be changed for all related objects. This is a feature in 1.2. Or just send me the workflow or...