Assign Random ID

I have an evolving list of names on a donor list. Evolving means adding new=
 names yearly. I would like to use VLOOKUP to be able to have yearly donati=
ons properly updated on a master list. I know how to use VLOOKUP, but I do =
not have a unique identifier for each donor.
I would like to be able to assign a random ID to each current user, and any=
 new user I may add in the future. I would not be doing any sorting based o=
n this ID, but usually by LAST NAME of each donor. I do not want to lose th=
e ID attached with each name.

Any ideas?
0
TesnoBay (2)
3/26/2012 11:44:35 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Event Id 1014 DNS Client
I get this warning in the Event Manager intermittently name resolution for the name.........timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. The name that has repeats is www.lemontmarte.ca although there are others of which I have not been to these sites. I have searched up and down to see if it is cookie related, or whatever. AVG is installed with all parts active. I did an online scan with ESENT yesterday and no result. This sort of warning never appeared in the Event manager with Xp. I have run out of search ideas. What should be the response to doing some...

Saving Workbook with VBA assigning Filename from Input On Worksheet
Hello, I think this is a relatively easy question. Can someone let me know what the correct syntax is below? Thanks in advance Sub MyTest() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myFileName As String Dim myWorksheetName As String Dim myFolder As String myFolder = "C:\My Documents\" myFileName = Range("A1").Value Debug.Print myFolder myFileName = myFolder & myFileName & ".xls" Debug.Print myFileName '*********************************************************************************************** ' pr...

Trying to get user id in a query
I'm trying to get access to the security variables in an access 2003 session, in order to get the userid or user name and use it as a parameter in a query. Is there any way to do this? Regards, Javier Garc=EDa Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long Function UserNameWindows() As String Dim lngLen As Long Dim strBuffer As String Const dhcMaxUserName = 255 strBuffer = Space(dhcMaxUserName) lngLen = dhcMaxUserName If CBool(GetUserName(strBuffe...

Subject: Journals: Import notes and assign to Contacts
I am in the process of converting Goldmine 7.0 Contact Info and Notes to Outlook 2007. In an effort to import "Notes" associated with various contacts into Outlook Journals with date and possibly the person who made the note, I have exported Journals from Outlook 2007 to Excel 2003, in order to see the format that data needs to be in order to import back into Outlook Journals. Exported Journal headers: JournalType Subject StartDate StartTime Categories Companies Duration BillingInformation Mileage Private Body ContactAddressType ContactAddress ContactName Priority Sensitivit...

event id 7004
I am seeing this repeatedly in my exchange 2003 event viewer. How do i stop this from happening? I am not experiencing any mail flow problems. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7004 Date: 6/29/2005 Time: 3:26:51 PM User: N/A Computer: Server1 Description: This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #17. The remote host "70.88.128.212", responded to the SMTP command "xexch50" with "504 Need to authenticate first ". The full command sent was "XEXCH50 1972 2 ". ...

Random Sampling
When you use the Data Analysis tool, Random Sampling, is there a way to see how excel comes up with the figures. Ex. You have a set of 5 numbers 1,2,3,4,5. You run a random sample and ask it to output 1 value and excel spits out 2. Is there a way to see how excel came up with that number? Is there some behind the scene code that does it or maybe a formula? Any help would be appreciated. Roger I do not know specifically what algorithm Excel uses to generate a random sample, but in general, many computers use their 'internal clock' as a source of a 'random' input an...

Windows Live ID and MS Money My Account
Are these worth signing up for? It gives me the impression that Microsoft will take over my MS Money database and put it online. Its hard to tell what all of the BS is actually saying. Is there a fee? Anyone familiar with this seemingly MS hype? Thanks -- David Schwartz Commack, NY In microsoft.public.money, David Schwartz wrote: >Are these worth signing up for? It gives me the impression that Microsoft >will take over my MS Money database and put it online. It is necessary if you want a third party contracted by Microsoft to provide access to your accounts. If you only ...

Event ID 1503 and OMA
Hi All, I will post this question here even though its in mobility just in case someone who can answer it doesnt subscribe to mobility. I have a single Exchange 2003 SP2 Server that is also a GC running Windows Server 2003 SP1. The Server is setup for forms based authentication and requires SSL for OWA. Access to OMA is not working with the follwoing event being logged on the exchnage server everytime the OMA app fails. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeOMA Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 1503 Date: 02/06/2006 Time: 14:24:51 User: N/A Computer: FLINTJACK Description: An unkno...

Random Number Generator
Anyone anyone -- Flamike ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flamikey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26530 One way: =INDEX({"A",2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,"J","Q","K"},INT(RAND()*(13) +1)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >Anyone anyone? > > >-- >Flamikey >---------------------------------------------------------- -------------- >Flamikey's Profile: htt...

When assign a quote notify the user by email
Hi, When I assign a quote I want to send an email from the user that has assigned the quote to the user that will be the new owner. What I'm getting is an email message from the new owner to the new owner! I want to do this using workflow because we want to have an easier way to change the email template. thanks, Ana Hi Ana, Actullay CRM dont keep the track of last owner of the object. Thats why you cannt email from last owner to new owner. What you can do is create a new field to save last owner, and whenever there is change in ownership you take a backup of the owner to that new...

How do I assign a numeric value to a text letter
I have a rota worksheet that contains columns for start & finish times each weekday and a final column that adds the total hours worked. I would like to be able to enter text such as Holiday or Training in the daily columns but it causes an error msg in the total hours cell. I would like to asssign a value to the text, eg HOL would be considered as a normal day - 8 hrs - and included in the total hrs. I've solved a similar problem by having 2 columns for each daily column. The first column is the "type" of work eg: NORM or HOL etc. The second column records the releva...

Event ID 9098 followed by Event ID 2114
We are getting the following error on our Exchange 2003 SP1: Event ID: 9098 Source: MSExchangeSA Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x08007077f'. This happens every five minutes and then every third error (after 15 minutes) we get the following error: Event ID: 2114 Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Description: Process IISIPM4490033D-6E20-4D26-802D-593632C17AB5-AP "EXCHANGEAPPLICATIONPOOL (PID=5188). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x8007077f. Appreciate any help or info. Thanks. Hey, check to see if all your domain...

Cant re-assign a task to yourself once allocated to someone else
Hi, we use a job funnel to group all the upcoming tasks together, then someone allocates them out. But they cant allocate any tasks to themself. The "Owner" keeps changing back to the origional name the task was assigned to. Creating a new task and assigning it to yourself works fine. Re-assigning a task to anyone else also works fine. Is this a bug or a permission issue? Rohan - was a bug introduced in Rollup1 and has been fixed, apparently, in Rollup 3 which was released last week. if you look at the KB for Ru3: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961768 you can search it for t...

Excell 2007 Event ID 1000
We keep getting this error on an Window 7 64bit desktop It happens 2 or 3 time a day Can anyone perhaps make any sense of the associated event details as below Any help greatly appreciated Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 19/04/2010 16:22:34 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: xxxx.xxxx.local Description: Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 12.0.6524.5003, time stamp: 0x4b4fba46 Faulting module name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 12.0.6524.5003, time ...

Server Error 550; Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78; Mail won't Send
My server error is a little different from everyone elses here so I thought I would post it. My mail also receives and does not send. My computer is brand new and came loaded by Dell with supposedly compatible McAfee. When it expires I will load my subscription of Webroot Spysweeper Antivirus I used on my now dead XP machine. I have separate firewall which is also Webroot and I know how to use Webroot stuff at least but it is not listed as compatible on the Microsoft Site. I don't have a backup disk of McAfee and frankly Win 7 has been a nightmare. I suppose I will just...

assign a value to a range
I'm trying to assign a percent value associated with a dollar value within a range. How would I write this formula? EXAMPLE: LOCATI0N B1 IF A1 = OR > $10.00, 5%,0 B2 IF A1 < $10.00 AND = OR > $9.00, 4%,0 B3 IF A1 < $9.00 AND = OR > $8.00, 3%,0 Help appreciated. TRAVELERSWAY -- travelersway ------------------------------------------------------------------------ travelersway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480863 one way: B1: =IF(A1>...

random number generator
is it possible to make a random number generator in excel. I am part of a dart elague which has a number drawn out of a bucket each week towin a prize. There are 420 players in the league and what they have been doing up til now is pulling number out of a hat and then matching them up with a master list with players name corresponding to a number i.e. John # 1, Bill #2 .....Fred #413 etc one way =ROUND(RAND()*420,0) and use the result as a basis for a vlookup to find the name in your list Bill K "jvoortman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1...

Assign a task using Outllook interface with CRM 3.0
It seem to be impossible to assing a task to another user when you create and manage task within outlook. If I am in outlook and I click ont the task button of the CRM toolbar I can add a regarding (the name of the account for which I have to do the task) and put a subject and a due date But... It is impossible to and a time which is very annoying because the time is used by CRM task It is impossible to use the assing the task to another user with the outlook button "assign task". I receive the message Assigned tasks are not supported in Microsoft CRM. The item will not be link...

Randomize character positions in string
Dear all, I want to randomize character positions in string. Example : jhonny --> onyhjn freddy --> dfyerd Please help. Thanks. Chlaris On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:51:27 +0700, "Chlaris" <chlarrissa_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: What are you REALLY trying to accomplish? -Tom. >Dear all, > >I want to randomize character positions in string. > >Example : > >jhonny --> onyhjn >freddy --> dfyerd > >Please help. Thanks. > >Chlaris > I have employee name field. I want create a module to change the character position in employee n...

Email not working. Fails with error and Event ID 2
I just recently installed the Exchange email router and email is not working. I get "An unexpected error has occured.." when I try to send mail and this event gets logged in event viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 4/25/2004 Time: 2:06:53 PM User: N/A Computer: 2003-SRV1 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occu...

Unique ID/Duplicate Entry
I have a database which multiple users access. The recordID filed is a unique field/autonumber. When the user creates a new record, it populates the next available no. and assigns it to that record. There have been a couple of instances recently when two people have accessed the same record. eg. User1 creates a new record and access assigns the no. 12345. They entered all their information and when they go to exit, it says that another user has entered information into the same record and do they want to drop/discard changes. I thought that as this was a unique field, this should...

Assigning leads to another user/queue
Is is possible to assign a lead to a queue? So the user can either accept or reject the lead? I think which can only be assigned to queue is a case. Hi Benjamin, Leads cannot be assigned to queues. Only Activities and Cases can be assigned to queues. If you ened Accept and Recject functionality on leads than you need to do some customization. You many contact me at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Benjamin Fallar I...

Assigning Multiple Users to Outlook Tasks
I'm trying to use outlook as a central location for engineering assignments. The trouble we have is that engineers work in teams of two and so the task has to be sent out to both parties with one of them accepting. I've noticed on Outlook that we get no updates on the tasks when they are assigned to multiple users. Is there a way of getting around this? Cheers ...

Creating Random Numbers
Is there an easy way to do the following? I have lists of numbers that range from 5000 to over 10,000, generally from 1 to 50 or 1 to 100 numbers. I have created a macro that sorts these lists and gives me the frequency of them. In a given list of say 5000 numbers from 1 to 50, not all the numbbers (1 to 50) are there, and I'm only interested in certian percentages. I have gotten to the point where I have these sorted the way I need them. The next step is I need to fill an array with random numbers from this list. So say I have 45 numbers from 1 to 50, of these I have sorted...

Event ID 9409
This popped up twice back to back in the event log when the MTA service was started. Everything did start ok and I'm having no issues w/mail. Just curious what this is and why? Thx. tsc ------------ ID 9409 Source: MSExchangeMTA Category: Field Engineering The Microsoft MTA registry parameter Max RPC Alloc Size is missing. The default value will be used. [BASE MAIN BASE 1] (14) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Perhaps this would help me? I...