AS400 transfer into Excel 07

When I run the "transfer from AS400" I get to the final process where its
pulling the data into excel, excel crashes with a fatal error.

Any help....

0
cboden28 (1)
12/14/2007 12:29:51 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This is the same issue I am having. see KB933666. I installed Office 2003
service Pack 3 on all my office machines and the new service pack features
security fixes that block all *.wk4 files. This is the same patch that has
been applied to Office 2007. This is the format, I think your are exporting
out of the AS400. If it is, I would uninstall office 2007, make sure the
folder is deleted then reinstall Office 2007 after a reboot. Then beware of
the security patches you install. Let me know if this was helpful.

"Chuck b" wrote:

> When I run the "transfer from AS400" I get to the final process where its
> pulling the data into excel, excel crashes with a fatal error.
>
> Any help....

Transfer Program File
I had Money 2002 on my computer and one day couldn't get in because it all of a sudden required a password! I ended up downloading 2004 and that eliminated dealing with the problem. Now I've purchased a new laptop and want to move the program files. I've used LapLink and have all of the files transferred, but still can't open it. It tells me I'm missing a system file, but the file they're requesting isn't on my old computer, either. Any ideas...short of having to pay to download it again? That would be cheaper than asking MS for help! See http://ump...

What is the Access equivalent of Excel's COUNTIF?
I'm preparing a quick report in Access (which I've never used before). I just need to display totals for each value in a column...they're selected via a combo box, so it should be easy....thanks! BTW, this wouldn't let me post in the Access forum for whatever reason. "RedStep" <RedStep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBEBFFFE-1D37-4CCB-8D54-A75D2A73E6B5@microsoft.com... > I'm preparing a quick report in Access (which I've never used before). I > just need to display totals for each value in a column...they're selected vi...

Problem with if function in excel
I have 20 (F19-F39) raws in Comlumn F, in cell F4 - i am trying to us mathfunction to show altest value I put in F19-F39. I am adding new values in column A (F19-F39) as I go. I want to see the latest value added in F19-F39 in cell A4. Hoe can I do? I am using this formula, but it doesnt work from F31 onward. =IF(F39>0,F39,IF(F38>0,F38,IF(F37>0,F37,IF(F36>0,F36,IF(F35>0,F35,IF(F34>0,F34,IF(F33>0,F33,IF(F32>0,F32,)))))))) please reply on this address too, if possible panchal_jignesh_23dec@yahoo.com On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:46:01 -0800, panchal jignes...

Excel Auto Formatting Help
I have a workbook to record orders. I have set data validation for the product codes so that product name, description and supplier are entered. I would also like to set the format on the price field so that if I choose 'X' product the price cell format is � or if I select 'Y' product the cell format is in �. Thanks Try setting up a separate table that contains your prices, then you can do a VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP to find the price that correlates to that code. Another method would be to do an "IF, THEN" statement. IF(C2=X,"$50", IF(C2=Y,"$80",&q...

Transferring from Publisher to Word
Good Morning, I have spent the morning trying to find a way to do this, and can find similar methods, but none that will keep all of the features of my document intact. We have a newsletter that needs to be sent via email, (hence it's publisher existence) and also attached as a document that can be printed in word. Within the document there are text boxes, images and links. All of the ways that I have tried to do this including copying and pasting as a metafile, saving as a word document, etc. do not maintain all of the source information. Does anyone know of another way to d...

Macro Excel 97
I am pretty much a newbie at Excel and would like to create a Macro for the following: (know how to create and edit macros etc.) Take the value from a cell in worksheet A and paste it into the current cell (where the mouse pointer is when the macro is executed) in worksheet B .. am at a loss at how to tell the macro to paste into the current cell ...... apologies if this is a really stupid question .. Any help would be much appreciated. .. Abay Try Sheet1.Range("A1").Copy Sheet2.Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Regards, Alan. "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> ...

Org Chart in Excel 97?
At work I have Excel 97 at home I have Excel 2002. I am working on a ORg chart and want to know if it will be compatible with work? I don't even remeber seeing it on 97.... ERI -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It should be fine. John Walkenbach For Excel tips, macros, & downloads... http://j-walk.com/ss "erined >" <<erined.10ba1c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:erined.10ba1c@excelforum-nospam.com... > At work I have Excel 97 at home I have Excel 2002. I am working on an > ORg chart and want to know if it will be compati...

Excel 2007 macro with WordArt
inserting wordart via macro in excel 2003 does not happen in excel 2007. also can't get shapes or pictures inserted via macro. is is security? please help ...

as400<iSeries db<ntWS<macro<excel tools
i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke recording, i can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on one serial number. is there a way to tweak my macro to incrementally continue, automatically, from a list stored in an excel workbook on the client? would be very grateful for fresh ideas. Show us your macro and some data details. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ayeFayze" <ayeFayze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7688E31B-F5AD-491F-A9E8-9B03AA0168D6@microsoft.com... ...

Comparing Data in Excel
Sorry for the respost everybody, I just assumed that because I ha replied to my original response, people may not have seen my message. My problem is I dohn't know how to use excel to cross-verify data. For rows that do not match, I would like something to occur in exce that would pinpoint this to me. Whether it tell me the list in a ne worksheet or highlight the rows, anything. Two issues: My data is not in the same order, and cannot be filtered so that it i in the same order. One worksheet has more rows than the other, fo example. And also, I need it to cross-verify two columns. S...

Very new to Excel
I am very new to Excel. What I am trying to do is... In column A1 I want to start with 1000. In column B1 I want it to automaticaly add 10 so it will put in 1010 in C1 1020 all the way up to 9990. Is there a way to do this with only putting 1000 or a formula in A1? Thanks. -- Patricia124 Hi! In A1 enter 1000 In B1 enter: =A1+10 Drag copy across ....... > I want it to automaticaly add 10 so it will put in 1010 in C1 1020 > all the way up to 9990. Because there are only 256 columns you'll "run out" of cells in row 1 when you reach 3550. Biff "Patricia...

right click menu excel
In excel I maked a right click menu with variabel values. After all, I found that menu in the whole application, this was not my intention. I deleted het menu, bad done, because I can't reset 'm. What's the way to call back the default right click excel menu ? Re-install office didn't helped. "application.commandbars("Cell").reset" also not. Jo The "reset" probably OK but just not enabled. Open the immediate window in VBE and enter application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 12:46:18 ...

Excel's automatic formatting of cell entries
Can someone tell me how to turn off or change Excel's automatic formatting of cell entries? I have text that I want preserved as text when I enter (or paste or replace!) it but Excel gets cute, guesses it is date data and changes the cell formatting to a date format. This is very frustrating because it changes the values from the original entries. And I do not have the option to use Special Paste. And I tried setting the format of the cell to "Text" before pasting or replacing and it still changes the format. ARG! Thanks. Chris ...

How to transfer all my email account settings to ol 2007 from ol 2003 ?
Hi all I have a pst file and a settings file from 2003 that i need to inport into 2007. I have about 40 seperate email accounts and while i can get the pst file into 2007 ok, i cant seem to find anyway of getting all my email account settings moved over. The machine that had office 2003 on had the hard drive fatally crash but i had the pst file backed up and the account settings saved using the utility in 2003. My new machine still has xp but now has office 2007. How can i use the settings file as the utility that uses it in 2003 seems to be missing in 2007, what did they replace it with. ...

AS400 transfer into Excel 07
When I run the "transfer from AS400" I get to the final process where its pulling the data into excel, excel crashes with a fatal error. Any help.... This is the same issue I am having. see KB933666. I installed Office 2003 service Pack 3 on all my office machines and the new service pack features security fixes that block all *.wk4 files. This is the same patch that has been applied to Office 2007. This is the format, I think your are exporting out of the AS400. If it is, I would uninstall office 2007, make sure the folder is deleted then reinstall Office 2007 after a reb...

Inventory Transfer #4
Is there a way to possibly automate an Inventory Transfer? We receive an Excel file from JD Edwards and we would like to automate the process of creating an Inventory Transfer. Just not sure of the process or tables that I need to populate. Thanks Hi Jerry, we have an RMS add-on module that supports importing purchase orders and inventory transfers. If the JDE Excel file has ItemLookupCodes or Supplier Reorder Numbers or Aliases, you can save it as a CSV file and import it into RMS. A download demo will be available soon. In the meanwhile, I can send you a demo. Send me an e-mai...

Excel cell formatting #2
Hi, Is it possible to formal a particular group(s) of cells such that all numeric entries are always expressed as negative e.g an entry of 150 will be reflected in the cell as -150. Thx, Don- Hi Don! You can use: Format > Cells > Custom Format Type the string -# But remember that this only "looks" negative. It's stored as a positive. Also, if you type in -150 you'll get --150 unless you use the format string -#;+# Here, the positive entries get formatted with -150 and negative with +150. It'll confuse most users and I'd look for better approaches t...

How do you insert a water mark into an excell worksheet
How do you insert a water mark into an excell worksheet. Like the word DRAFT You mean for printing purposes? See Bob Phillips' site for details. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html If not for printing simply add a background to the sheet which will be visible on screen but will not print. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 15:36:05 -0700, leppinl <leppinl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you insert a water mark into an excell worksheet. Like the word DRAFT ...

Scanning Into Excel
Hi, Is it possible to scan documents on a scanner (TIFF, GIF, JPEG and other options) and import it into Excell for editing? Thanks, Brian I'm not sure how you're going to use Excel to manipulate TIFF, GIF, or JPEG images. If you mean that you want to use Microsoft Office's OCR (Object character recognition) features to translate paper documents into text which can be used in e-mails, Word docuemnts, Excel documents, etc., then I suggest you look on Micorosft's website for Office: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/category.aspx?CategoryID=CH0100011810 33&CTT=6&am...

Transfering from one computer to another
I am looking for information on how to tranfer all my mail, received, sent, etc, from oen computer to another. Since we are not on a LAN, I need to know how to move the mail form my old computer to the new. The new computer does not have a floppy drive, and the old computer does not have a R/R CD ROM. Is there a way to get the mail to import from the system or is there another way? I have set up the new computer to send and receive witrh my mailo account, but do not know how to export to the new computer. Please send responses to usoohare@ameritech.net Any help would be greatly a...

can not open excel files using associations
Hi, I am having problems to open an excel spread sheet by double clicking on the file itself. Please, any ideas? Thank you Marcela Try Tools>Options>General and un-check 'Ignore other applications' -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Marcela Pruk" <marcelapruk@lubtec.sk> wrote in message news:%23Fv9hCjIFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I am having problems to open an excel spread sheet by double clicking on > the file itself. Please, any ideas? > Thank you > And ...

Anyone with Transfer In/Transfer Out/Offline Inventory experience?
I have not been able to find any detailed information outlining the use of Transferin/Transfer Out/ Offline Inventory in RMS. Has anyone had any real-life experience with this they could share? thanks! -- RG Transfer In/Transfer Out is the use of inter stores transfers.Meaning that if you have more than one store you would be able to transfer an item or items from one location to another. When you Transfer out these items go to the other store or stores. When you transfer in it is to enter items into your system from another location. you can find all this information in the help sec...

combined line-column excel chart
How can I choose which series will be plotted as lines and which ones will be plotted as bars? Hi, Select one of the series and right click. Pick Chart Type from the context menu and select the appropriate chart type. Cheers Andy Francisco Barros Castro wrote: > How can I choose which series will be plotted as lines and which ones will be > plotted as bars? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library documentation?
I am an Agilent VEE Pro 8.0 software user (similar to Visual Basic) trying to write data to Excel and create Charts using the Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object LIbrary. I have not been able to find any documentation on the objects within this Library(other than the one liners supplied by the Library). Some of it is straight forward whereas some objects I can only guess what kind or why certian variables are passed around and the hierarchical dependancies of commands needed to accomplish things like using a column of data as X labels and rotating the X labels. Is there some book, web site, ...

Excel viewer?
I have been sent an EXCEL file to fill in and return, but I have no EXCEL. Is there a viewer or something that will work for this one off form? ...