array formula to provide all values associated with a given value

From an Access Query.  I've got a list with the unique ID's for reports, and
the next field indicates what Language they were written in.

This was from a Many - Many relationship in Excel, and many of the reports
were written in many different languages.

ReportID              CountryID

1000020                Td

1000020                Tz

1000020                Ug

1000020                Zm

1000020                Zw

1000035                Ao

1000035                Mz

I've got over 10,000 records like this and would like an array formula that
for each Report ID (and i've got a separate list of those of course)
provides a listing (preferably tab or semicolon delimited) of every single
country that that report covers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Toby

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Array Index Out of Bounds"
I recently purchased "Office Professional Ed 2003." With it came "Business Contact Manager." When I double click to open a particular contact or business contact, I get the above "subject" message. Is there a reason, fix, or solution for this? Thanks, John ...

formula Memory
Hello, Those who like to store complex formulae for future use, can install my Add-In: 'Formula Memory'. This Add-In adds a command to the Help menu, allowing to save or reenter those formulas by just a few clicks of the mouse. Also check my sheets selector. http://users.skynet.be/onderland/Excel.htm 18- SheetsSelector 19- FormuleMemory Luc ...

no formula calculation
In the worksheet no formulas are calculated anymore. When I put the following in a cell: =A1+B1 This text is displayed, no calculation is made. Even when I put the following in, =1+3 no calculation is made. Everything is displayed as is. What is the problem?? Is the cell formatted as General (or some number)? If it's formatted as Text, change it to General, then select the cell and hit F2. Then Enter. You don't have a space character before the leading equal sign? And you don't have tools|options|view tab|formulas checked, do you? Junior Trimon wrote: > > In th...

Nesting formulas
How do I nest these formulas into one cell: =IF(MID(D6,4,1)="-", IF(M6="J",TEXT(0,"0000000"),TEXT("0"&LEFT(D6,2)&MID (D6,4,4),"0000000") IF(M6="G","XXXXXX","yyyyy") IF(M6="U",TEXT(0,"0000000"),TEXT(0,"0000000") ...

additem to combobox with an array
hi, i'm trying to add itemns to an multicolumn combobox (3 columns) using an array. if i just try to add 1 column there is no problems, but when i try t add more columns to the combobox it wont work anymore. tips anyone? tia jock -- jock ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jocke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=76 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47167 Did you change the .columncount property? I made a small userform and picked up some values off a worksheet to create...

Adding the value of two fields when value is null
I am working in a query. I would like to add the value of two fields (OT and DT) together in a third field. However, sometimes the value of one field is null, and Access won't calculate a total. I don't want to change all of the null values to "0" in the original table (when both fileds have a value, Access doesn't have a problem calculating the total) - Any suggestions? Thank you! NZ([OT],0)+NZ([DT],0) NZ is a function which will return a value if the input is null. "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Formula to calculate interest only on a short term loan?
I am not familiar with Excel 2007 and need to calculate a bridge loan MONTHLY INTEREST ONLY scenario, with a fixed %rate, for a range of 1 -6 months. Not sure if if interest accrues daily or monthly. Assuming you have an annual interest rate, a month's interest is: =Principal*IntRate/12 This may be good enough for your purposes. Most financial institutions would calculate the interest based on the number of days in the month, so something like: =Principal*IntRate/365*day(eomonth(a1,0)) Regards, Fred. "Excel2007Help" <Excel2007Help@discussions.microsoft.c...

Need a FORMULA to round off
I have a question, quite simple but complicated for a beginner like me. Say I have a figure .... 16 in CELL A1 and in C1 5.05263158 C2 6.73684211 C3 4.21052632 but wanted the numbers to be rounded to the nearest Hundredth totaling it to be the number A1? How can I do that? I mean if I just do the math it should look like this C1 5.05 C2 6.75 C3 4.20 Please help and thank you in advance. Hi try =ROUND(value,2) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Koji wrote: > I have a question, quite simple but complicated for a > beginner like me. > > Say I have a figure .... ...

Array+Array
Hi, I have 2 (or more) arrays, how can i combine them into 1? example: Array 1 = "1, 2, 3, 4" Array 2 = "A, B, C, D, E, F" Result: Array_Combined = "1, 2, 3, 4, A, B, C, D, E, F" br, Danny On Jan 7, 9:23=A0am, Danny <dannypct...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have 2 (or more) arrays, how can i combine them into 1? > > example: > Array 1 =3D "1, 2, 3, 4" > Array 2 =3D "A, B, C, D, E, F" > > Result: > Array_Combined =3D "1, 2, 3, 4, A, B, C, D, E, F" > > br, >...

how to retrieve current values assigned for names used in EXCEL?

change value in a cell according to another cells value
Please help me.... Example: I need to make 1 = $50 and 2 = $100 and 3 = $120 etc I need to do this by entering 1, 2 or 3 in column A and the value automatically appearing in column D, is this possible? Also I would like to hide a column and only show cells from that column in the row that I apply value to in another cell of the same row. Essentially hiding the whole column and only showing value in a row when the row is in use. Please help me, I want to create something for a job interview and can't work it out! Thank you so much whoever can answer this. "Kylie Rose" wro...

array
Dear programmer I don't understand the array can any one give very easy example to understand the types of array ( I can use command button and text box) Example 'Don't forget to write notes for me ' the next line will define the array. Dim a(2) As String ' the next lines define the data of array a(0) = "1" a(1) = "2" a(2) = "3" And so on Notes: The array is very difficult please give me easy example "a" <A@a.com> wrote in message news:uy9smdVUIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Dear programmer I don't understa...

how do I create an array
I have a column of values that look like: 00000000007310F0000 all cells are 19 chars in length, and the 15th char is alpha. I need to map the 15th alpha char to a numeric. the mapping is as follows: ABCDEFGHI (column F) 123456789 (column G) this is where I'm at: =REPLACE(C3,15,1,(IF(MID(C3,15,1)=({F3:F12}),({G3:G11}),""))) please help ...

Accessing the CCD array of the camera using MFC
Hello, I am capturing the images from the camera using VC++ MFC . And each image is of size 1280*1024. When I want to do processing over certain area, actually I want to divide the Image height(1024) into 4 blocks (256,256,256,256) keeping the width (1280) constant. So that I will get the whole image into 4 small images. Can anyone please kindly tell me How can I able to do this ? I am thinking of accessing CCD array, If accessing CCD array is a solution for this.. Please help Thanks in advance James First, you need to have a device driver that connects to the camera. This is not an MFC ...

Date formulas
Hi, I'm doing a timesheet. The month begin on the 21 and end on 20th of each month (don't ask). It'easy to set a listmenu to choose the month, have the first day to start with the 21, having 31 line with =1+precedente line. But for the three last line, idon't know how to have it to stop displaying dates after the 20th, for Febuary and the other 30 days months. An idea anyone? thank In A2: =IF(A1="","",IF(MONTH(A1+1)=MONTH(A1),A1+1,"")) Copy down as far as needed -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel &q...

Replace variable row number in formulas
What I'm looking for is a macro that will replace the row number in a formula with a new number that I designate through an input box. Below is the code I have thus far. The problem lies in how I'm defining the integer portion of the formula that I want to replace - vbInteger (or vbLong) don't seem to work. Then finally I need to set Section 2 in a loop through Column CN. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub UpdateFormulas_2() Dim LRowNumber ...

Array saving question (lbound)
Hello! I am saving an array to a file and then load it again. Open sPath For Binary As #iFile1 If uLoad Then Get #iFile1, , uArray Else Put #iFile1, , uArray End If My array looks like this: Redim myArr(1 to 3) as long myArr(1) = 100 myArr(2) = 500 myArr(3) = 10000 When I load it again, I say: Redim MyNewArr(1 to 3) and call the above sub. For some reason, MyNewArr now looks like this: MyNewArr(0) = 100 MyNewArr(1) = 500 MyNewArr(2) = 3 When I try to access MyNewArr(3) an out of bounds error is thrown. Can somebo...

Identify occurence in "array" which meets condition(s)
Example Scenario: where my formula tests whether the value in column A equals a multiple of 5. The result is displayed in column B. Call No. Meet Formula? 1 2 3 4 5 Y 6 7 8 9 10 Y Total 2 So, from the list above, I know that the 5th and 10th call will meet the formula. Problem: My formula is a lot more complicated than just checking for multiples of 5 and I have to run the formula per row (it will be a v long explanation if you wanna know why). Is there a way such that I just enter "20" in one cell and the formula gives me a result of "5, 10, 15, 20" (us...

array/list
I have defined an CObarray class called CReference, which I've made serialisable. I'd like CReference to contain a list type varailble that contains a list of strings, So I thought I'd use the CStringList class. Thus my CReference looks like class CReference : public CObject { DECLARE_SERIAL(CReference) public: CStringList notesrefs; CStringList notesresources; CString title; ...... ...... } and my serialise looks like void CReference::Serialize(CArchive &ar) { CObject::Serialize(ar); if (ar.IsStoring()) { ar << notesrefs << notesresources << titl...

Changing online payment provider
It seems I can use only one payment provider, even though I have Direct Statements enabled for multiple accounts. I do not use MSN Bill Pay, but use Microsoft Money Bill Pay. I have decided to close down my checking account with my current payment provider and I want to switch to another provider. How exactly can I do this? Do I need to discontinue using online services at my current provider before switching? Any advice on making the transition painless would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ~N I believe it is not correct that you can only use only one payment provider. I asked t...

To Array or not to Array...
....That is the question! Is there a difference (in terms of processing speed, efficiency, etc.) between using the non-array SUMPRODUCT formula or using the SUM array formula? When used on a large scale, is one faster - or better in some way - than the other? thanks. Hi "" In my limited experience I find that on large worksheets, array formulas are far more processing greedy than SUMPRODUCT and hence take longer. I tend to prefer arrays though! And i find more user friendly with nested IFs (with SUM/COUNT etc) Mathew "hmm" <hmm@hmm.com> wrote in message news:3FE...

return a value in one cell based on multiple formulas
I have the following data: gift_id suffix gift_desc size BX02 Chateauneuf - Semi Dry White 750 ml (12) BX07 Cabernet Sauvignon (VDP) 750 ML (12) BX08 Valrose (VDP) 750 ML (12) CH02 NYS White Sparkling 187 ML (24) CH02 NYS White Sparkling 750 ml (12) I would like to return a value in the "suffix" column based on the text in the "size" field. for example =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("750",D2)),-750). I want -750 to appear in the suffix column if partial text "750" appears in the size column and similarly I want ...

Help with IF formula
Hi everyone. Someone on here always has an answer for my question, so thanks in advance. I am running XP Pro SP2, and Office Pro 2003. Column A is for quantity, and the quantity can be positive or negative. Column H is for individual pricing, and Column I is for the price extension (i.e. A*H). Column I is blank unless there is a number to be displayed. I have the following formula set up in I4 now: =IF(A4>0,A4*H4,"") which works OK if A4 is a positive number. What should the formula be so it also works with a negative number? Rember that if A4 is blank, then I4 is also ...

Domain and new provider
Hi everyone: I'm an Exchange dummy and I've been asked to do one thing I don't know how to do. I hope you can help me to do that. My Exchange server is a Exchange 2003 Server. With my server I control all domains from my organization. Emails go through an SMTP connector which is pointing to a comunication provider server. Now We are studying if we change the communications provider and i've been asked to make one of my domains to use another SMTP connector to other communications provider to check if they work ok. How can I do that with my server?? Than...