Appending or Up-dating a formula

I am using an =Ave function in a formula to average quite a few cell values
together.  I add new information all the time; sometimes 5 or 6 new cells at
a time.

How can I append or up-date my formula to include these new cells with out
have to type the new cells into the formula?

When I make the cell that has the formula in it active/edit, all of the
cells that are referenced in the formula have a highlight around them.

Is there a key or key combination I can press while clicking on the cells I
want to add to the formula?

Thanks,

john

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
see your post in Excel.misc

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"john" <donotsendspam@mchsi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I am using an =Ave function in a formula to average quite a few cell
values
> together.  I add new information all the time; sometimes 5 or 6 new
cells at
> a time.
>
> How can I append or up-date my formula to include these new cells
with out
> have to type the new cells into the formula?
>
> When I make the cell that has the formula in it active/edit, all of
the
> cells that are referenced in the formula have a highlight around
them.

> Is there a key or key combination I can press while clicking on the
cells I
> want to add to the formula?
>

> Thanks,
>
> john

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Query Delete and append
I am trying to add information to a table with an append query and that works fine since I duplicated the table. The information comes from a linked XLS sheet, I need to delete the information and replace it every day. When I created a delete query it works fine but when I try to add the information again using the append query it does not work unless I open the query in design view, save it and run it. I have dozens of other queries doing the same and they all work fine. What am I doing wrong? I looks like I am getting a 3349 error but why does it work once and then when I delete the ...

Text Box with conditional formula 11-27-09
Is there any way to have a conditional text box? When I click on a text box the conditional formatting option is greyed out. Is there a way around this? In an earlier post I there was a reply but that created a picture and what I'm looking for is a conditionally formatable text box. Help please .... K -- Keyrookie ...

Problem with query dates
Hi My records date range in the database is Betwene 20/05/20010 and 22/05/20010 . When my dateObject has a date of 24/05/2010 00:00:00, is shown me all the records less than this date, OK. But if I change the month, this date to 24/04/2010 00:00:00 shows the same records. That is even if I change the month the records that appear are always less than the 24 days without following month. There lies my problem. Note: My date style is dd-mm-yyyy and time is hh: mm: ss I really need to fix this.Seabra Dim Q1, SQL As String Dim DateTime1 As Date Dim ConnString As S...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

what does it mean when the date is nothing but #######?
I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not showing the date. I have tried to delete it and type in the date again, but it isn't doing anything. How do I fix it to show the date? It's a negative date. Go to tools|options|calculation and check the 1904 date system. Hopefully this will cure the problem. -- Ian -- "Ninabean" <Ninabean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6445E30-09DE-49EB-B767-7720474B0FBD@microsoft.com... >I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not >showing > the date. I have...

Help Please- How to offset Date to correct column for Ageing
Hi All, I have a stock ageing sheet for finished goods, which uses a vlookup table, on entry of the Product code (last 3 Digits), this populates the next three columns with description, FG cost and Quantity of product. the quantity of product is entered again manually into the appropriate column, there are five columns these are banded <3 Months 0%, 3 to 6 Months 25%, 6 to 9 months 50%, 9 to 12 Months 75% and > 1 Year 100%, the percentage is liability provision. What I would like to do is on entry of the product code as above the quantity is automatically inserted into the correc...

Dates changed on Copy Cell
I am now using Excel 2007 and keep finding that the year in the date is changed when I copy from one cell to another in another spreadsheet. I start with 9/12/2008 17:00 (formated as a custom format) and it is copied in as 10/12/2012 17:00 (same format). Can anyone help? Thanks Jim > changed when I copy from one cell to another in another spreadsheet. I assume that you mean Workbook not Worksheet in the same Workbook. You have the second Workbook set to the 1904 date system. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinato...

Determining the last business date
Is there any way (at 5pm in the continental USA) I can (fairly) conclusively determine the most recent date on which the stock market was open? This question comes from the following: If I have my VBScript hop over to http://my.msn.com/ then I can take a look at a fixed set of stock quotes (provided I have set them up). However, I don't see the date shown in any way. Now, if I could guarantee that the script would be run every day, then I could do some tricks (like checking whether all the quotes are the same as the prior accepted set - if so, I can assume the next date). ...

Special converting of string date&time to date format
Hi there, Working with a file and all my dates and times appear as one long text string shown below that I would like to convert to date and time format so that I can manipulate the data anyway I like. Data appears as follows: .. cell A1: 10/1/2011 2:20:00 PM cell A2: 1/18/2011 2:20:00 AM I have tried many different ways and sometimes it works. The problem is when the date and month are not 2 digits. As you see the date or the month can be 1 or 2 digits. How do I convert it so that it works no matter what.. this works only when the month and date are both 2 digits =DATE(...

Get rid of sample company date message!
I met up with a good friend (aka Dex God) at Technical Airlift and got an answer to how to lose the reminder dialog when logging into the sample company: Edit the dex.ini file and include one of the following: SAMPLEDATEMSG=FALSE To prevent the dialog box from being displayed while leaving the date as April 12, 2017 SAMPLEDATEMMDDYYYY=00000000 To prevent the dialog box from being displayed and to use the current system date SAMPLEDATEMMDDYYYY=MMDDYYYY To prevent the dialog box from being displayed and to use a user-specified date Replace the placeholder MMDDYYYY with the month, day, ...

Dates of a Day for a month & year cell formulas
I've been trying to come up with a cell formula that returns the date of certain days of a specified month & year depending if Weekly Bi-Weekly, Monthly, or Semi-Monthly. For example Cell A1 = 2006 Cell B1 = Sunday Cell C1 = Weekly (or could be Bi-weekly, or Monthly, or Semi-monthly) Cell A3 = January Cell A4 = 1-01-06 Cell A5 = 1-08-06 Cell A6 = 1-15-06 Cell A7 = 1-22-06 Cell A8 = 1-29-06 Cell B3 = February Cell B4 = 2-05-06 Cell B5 = 2-12-06 Cell B6 = 2-19-06 Cell B7 = 2-26-06 To prevent the formula from being overly complex, it may be easier t have a separate sheet for weekl...

Shortcut to display formulas ?
Hi, I work in France, with an AZERTY keyboard, and I use Vista Home, french version, Excel french versions Excel Help (2002, 2003, 2007) says that to display formulas instead of values (and back) I must hit CTR+ ` This second character is what I can get when I hit AltGr+7. But trying to type AltGr + CTRL + 7 or CTRL+AltGr+7 does not do anything. I tried to switch to a QWERTY keyboard (Alt + Shift for 3 seconds), this ` is now where I had the � character, but CTRL + � does no good. So back to AZERTY... I know how to make formulas appear (Options...) but a shortcut is much faster. Can any...

Task Due Date
Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by default? -- Guy Lapierre Forefront Business Solutions http://www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com Not that I am aware of, no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Lapierre asked: | Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by | default? ...

SUMPRODUCT Date Ranges
Hi, I need to note a '0' or '1' within each of the monthly cells in a table to show resource secured within a given month (the date ranging from the start and finish date). So, if the START date is A1 and the END date is B1 and I have a cell for each month, i.e. C1 = Jan, D1 = Feb and so on till Dec. As an example, the start date is 06/02/10 and the end date is 08/08/10, how can I show "1" against the Feb to August cells and all the other cells where they don't fall into the month as "0", i.e. Jan as "0"? Many thanks in advanc...

Appending worksheets
Hello, I have a huge workbook with some 200 worksheets (Excel 2002) and wouldlike to create one single worksheet by appending the data on all worksheets one after another. Is there an easy way to do this without programming a macro? Thanks so much. Provided the total data rows do not exceed 65535 (assuming a standard top row for col labels), one way would be sequential manual copy > paste into a single new sheet placed to the left of the 200 source sheets. At an est 15 sec per manual op, 200 sheets would only take roughly an hour of work to accomplish. Thereafter, to clean up, jus...

look for a range of values in a formula
I am creating a profit and loss statement, in my workbook sheet contains all the raw data, sheet2 is the rollup into the P&L format. am trying to come up with a formula that will look at a range of value in column b (these are account numbers) and if the values are withi the range then sum the values in column c (these are the totals for th month). Also, the raw data is large because it spans 52 sub accounts. The raw data spreadsheet looks like this: The acct # range from 6000 t 9999. Each line on the P&L sums various combinations of the acct#'s. BU/Job# Acct jan-03 total ...

Append and Append To priviliges
Anybody know what these two priviliges do for a record?? Jay Append allows a user to be able to add items to an object for example you can append an address to an account. Append to allows a user to append this object to something else. You would need append to priv on the address object. They work together. "Jay Mehta" <jay.mehta@conexio.com> wrote in message news:b6caea5f.0310311043.682d756c@posting.google.com... > Anybody know what these two priviliges do for a record?? > > Jay So, in the example you gave of appending an Address object to an Account object,...

Query in date range
Hello. Thanks for helping. I would like to create a query that will sum up expenses for various categories within a date range. I have created the query that sums the amounts, but I want it to use a high end of "Date()" or "Today()" and a low end date range that is the first day of the current month. Any idea if this can be done? Thanks, On Oct 31, 6:05 pm, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Use This -- > Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 AND Date() > > Remember that Date() is as of midnight and will not return a record as...

Due Date
When I want to put in due date and time on an activity (like a phonecall) it always show 00:00 as a standard. Can I change this to 07:00 instead? It would help a lot.. Martin, This blogpost may help you. http://www.sonomapartners.com/articles/microsoft-crm-version3-example-formonload.aspx This solution is for version 3.0. But it does not make much difference. You can use the same. Regards, Venkat http://venkatbendalam.blogspot.com/ "Martin" wrote: > When I want to put in due date and time on an activity (like a phonecall) it > always show 00:00 as a standard. Can I c...

Colour formatting rows having dates in a particular Column
Please, is there a way that one can have a whole Row highlighted when a Cell (with a date) is filled in? I have various situations where I need to have the Rows highlighted (for example: 1. When a Contract is signed (Green), 2. When a Report is received (Blue), 3. When an invoice is paid (Yellow). Appreciate your advice Friendly yours, Prav Hi Prabha You can use conditional formatting http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html If you need more help post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Prabha" <Prabha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

default date to stored proc parm
Hey All, Is there a way to default the current date to a stored procedure parameter -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here @weekEnding datetime = null, thanks, rodchar No, but with in a stored procedure you can check if it is NULL then SET @dt=GETDATE() "rodchar" <rodchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C93A1CFA-0AE6-458B-B264-44EEF636DF03@microsoft.com... > Hey All, > > Is there a way to default the current date to a stored procedure parameter > > -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here ...

append query with dtae and username
I am using an append query to add a new line to my table - one of the field in this table is "Update_Date" and one is "Updated_By". How via this query I can populated those two fields with the current date&Time and current username of the user . Many thanks, Dan Please ignore- wrong Group, sorry "Dan" wrote: > I am using an append query to add a new line to my table - one of the field > in this table is "Update_Date" and one is "Updated_By". > How via this query I can populated those two fields with the current ...

IF function that depends on a date
In cell A1 I have a date. The date is not in text form but is formatted as a date. If the date is 7/4/04, I want cell B1 to say "The Fourth". If A1 is not 7/4/04, cell B1 should read "No holiday". How can I do this? Pointer, try this in B1 =IF(A1=DATEVALUE("07/04/2004"),"The Fourth","No holiday") -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to...

Re-Post Append to Append Query
Hi there, Awhile back, I posted about the following: Have a main form and sub form. When generate a new form, fill in the main form and tab to sub-form, an append query is executed that populates the questions and possible answers for the questionnaire selected in the main form. The user then selects there response. Now, however, additional questions have been added. This means I need to execute some kind of additional append query that will ignore question ids that have already been populated, and add new ones. As he so often does, Allen Brown very kindly posted responses and I ha...

fORMULA #65
I need a formula that will take teo seperate cells and lookup a differant spread sheet to give me a total ie, zone number of pallets 1 2 then this need to take the information from a preset matrix ie ZONE NO OF PALLET 1 1= 30 1 2=35 1 3=42 AND ETC can any one help You can use a vlookup, Martin. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "martin" <...