Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.

Hello all,

I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list.
Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot
append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another
name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to
append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can
enter more than one in a cell from the dd list?

--
Thanks,

Geek using
Office XP Professional

0
geek1668 (53)
9/6/2004 2:32:47 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Geek

Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this

Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List-- Select multiple items from a
dropdown list; an event macro stores selections in adjacent cell, or in the
same cell. DataValMultiSelect.xls 39kb

Cheers
JulieD

"Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list.
> Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I
cannot
> append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another
> name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to
> append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can
> enter more than one in a cell from the dd list?
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> Geek using
> Office XP Professional

0
JulieD1 (2295)
9/6/2004 2:39:45 PM
Hi Julie,

Thanks for the prompt reply! You are a lifesaver. Take care.

--
Thanks,

Geek using
Office XP Professional
"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi Geek
>
> Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this
> http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html
>
> Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List-- Select multiple items from a
> dropdown list; an event macro stores selections in adjacent cell, or in
> the
> same cell. DataValMultiSelect.xls 39kb
>

> Cheers
> JulieD
>
> "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list.
>> Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I
> cannot
>> append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another
>> name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to
>> append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I
>> can
>> enter more than one in a cell from the dd list?
>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Geek using
>> Office XP Professional

0
geek1668 (53)
9/6/2004 2:48:59 PM
Just curious on a slow day.
Why do you use the word "utilize" when use will do the same thing?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list.
> Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I
cannot
> append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another
> name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to
> append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can
> enter more than one in a cell from the dd list?
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> Geek using
> Office XP Professional

0
Don

Import Outlook Data
I have Outlook 2000 on two computers. I would like to merge the data from the 1st computer to the 2nd,. I DO NOT want to setup a new calendar, contact, email folders, etc. I want to add to the existing ones. I see how to import data from other programs but not from Outlook. I know it must be simple. Help please. Bob Copy the pst-file of the 2nd computer to the first and choose "Import from file and". Then set it to import a pst-file and browse to the pst-file you've just copied. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an...

Importing Data
I have two users who have just had email accounts set up and will be accessing mail exclusively through OWA. Both would like to import existing data from their old accounts into OWA. Is this possible and, if it is, can anyone tell me how to do it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. "NOBI" <NOBI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have two users who have just had email accounts set up and will be >accessing mail exclusively through OWA. Both would like to import existing >data from their old accounts into OWA. Is this possible and, if it is, can >anyone...

How to show a leading 0 in a cell.
I can't remember the tip of how to show a leading zero in a cell. For instance a zip code of 01234. I know there's a key you can hit and the zero will show and not disappear when you go to the next cell. Anyone know it? use text or ' before puttin in or format as 00000000000 (as many as you want to show) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "PAtty" <PAtty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C3D35FC-061E-4B56-BCFF-4ED2E843D648@microsoft.com... > I can't remember the tip of how to show a leading zero in a cell. For > instance...

Help with organizing data
I was given data in the following format: 00 10 20 30 40 50 0 25 30 41 43 36 38 1 40 56 52 38 35 20 2 25 19 38 44 46 50 3 52 58 48 56 50 48 Is there an easy way to convert it to the following format: 0:00 25 0:10 30 0:20 41 0:30 43 0:40 36 0:50 38 1:00 40 1:10 56, etc. Any suggestions would be apprecated. Assume data is in G1 to M25 go to an open area C1? insert "0" and copy down to C6 in C7 enter =C1+1 copy down til you hav...

Batch loading Timesheets data from Excel files to EPM
Dear all, I had a request from one of our clients' regarding the batch loading of Timesheet Data from Excel files to EPM. I investigated the request and my conclusion is that this can be done using SQL Integration Services (via a DTS). My questions are the following: 1. Is it enough to batch load data on the following tables (of Published database) ? MSP_TIMESHEET_ACTUALS MSP_TIMESHEET_LINES MSP_TIMESHEETS 2. How can I batch create the UID (identifiers)? Is there a specific Stored Procedure for that? I'll appreciate any answer on that. Best regards, Kons...

Linking a Visio shape to an Excel data cell
I am more than new to Visio. I am making timelines that will show various stages of a product. I have created cylindrical timelines, and I can import my Excel data. Is there a way for me to link various cells types (Beta 1, Beta 2) to Visio shapes so that instead of a date the shape will be shown on the timeline? That is, can I configure Visio so that every Beta 1 automatically displays as a timeline square and every Beta 1 automatically displays as a timeline diamond? (And if so, how?) Thanks~ -- Billie First of all shapes are positioned horizontally on the timeline by date, so it...

Print data in form field lists
Using Word 2007 - have a form with multiple drop down lists. Is there a way to print a copy of the form which displays all the options in the drop down lists to make updating easier? I am not sure how printing a document with all the dropdown items displayed (which is not possible) would help with 'updating'. If you want to modify the values in a dropdown field more simply - take a look at the add-in at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <...

Hide multiple users from Exchange Address Lists
Does anyone know how to hide several users from the Exchange address lists without having to open the properties of each user and selecting that option on the Exchange advanced tab? Thank you, Mitchel Is there anything that is common amongst all of those users yet differentiates them from the others? If so, you can modify the filter of your Address List to exclude them from the list. You can also use LDIFDE to set the attribute 'msExchHideFromAddressList' to True which will hide the users from the all address lists. "Mitchel Bone" <jmbone@cumberland.edu> wrote in ...

Query Delete and append
I am trying to add information to a table with an append query and that works fine since I duplicated the table. The information comes from a linked XLS sheet, I need to delete the information and replace it every day. When I created a delete query it works fine but when I try to add the information again using the append query it does not work unless I open the query in design view, save it and run it. I have dozens of other queries doing the same and they all work fine. What am I doing wrong? I looks like I am getting a 3349 error but why does it work once and then when I delete the ...

To get client data from a saved file back to the master file
I have designed a programme that records data and also links to another programme, but when I save the client information the name of the file changes and I loose the link. I want to be able to open a master copy each time and get the client data from the saved file so I can update each time and resave updates information, this way the link will always be there, I hope? ...

Excel OLE data in PPT reverting to OLD data after macro updation
Hi, Im cross-posting/multi-posting this in the hope that I could get a solution. I am facing a very strange problem (both in Office 2002 and 2003) with Excel OLE charts in PPT. (Im programming with excel as base) I am using code zilched from Jon P's site in order to copy data from an excel sheet and activate a PPT application (and Slide) and an Excel OLE object within the slide and then updating the data in it and then saving this template with a NEW NAME. Im using this method to update a single slide template tons of time and each time saving it with different (but well-defined) ...

How to obtain Averages from a list of multiple items?
Example:Excel worksheet-Column A has list of Cat or Dog (say 15 items)-Column C has their age in days old (10,3,4,etc) I need (2) Averages- Average age of Cats and Average Age of Dogs Hi! =SUMIF(A1:A50,"cat",C1:C50)/COUNTIF(A1:A50,"cat") Do the same for dog. Biff "MadameJunk" <MadameJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0E6C651-E09D-4FA4-A0BB-F859A88CA81A@microsoft.com... > Example:Excel worksheet-Column A has list of Cat or Dog (say 15 > items)-Column > C has their age in days old (10,3,4,etc) > I need (2) Averages- Aver...

Advice on comparing data sets
Hi, Can anyone advise on how I can compare data on 1 sheet with dat compared on another. Example attached. I want to be able to show that whenever the UK is shown (can appea multiple times) on this sheet it checks on sheet2 and enter th corresponding band value in this case for the UK (show in cells B6, B8 will show band A SHEET1 Ref Country Band 1 UK 2 Germany 3 UK 4 France 5 Italy SHEET2 Country Band UK A GERMANY B ITALY B FRANCE D SWEDEN D DENMARK E As always thanks for your help. Simo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ...

DATA HIDING
I WANT TO HIDE DATA IN A SINGLE CELL Format the cell with protection of Hidden, and then protect the worksheet. "REDSHARK" wrote: > I WANT TO HIDE DATA IN A SINGLE CELL ...

Does the latest Excel STILL fail to auto-resize merged cells?
Whereas: - Excel can (wonderfully) auto-resize a cell whose contents are wider than its width. - But auto-resize doesn't work on a cell that is merged with another. - At the risk of being obvious, a feature is a feature only if it works. And Excel's auto-resize doesn't work. That is, unless Microflot has fixed this bug since my version? *** Same situation in Excel 2007, but in both versions there's a workaround. If the merged cells are A1:D1, for example, use a remote cell, say Z1, which is as WIDE as columns A:D, and contains =A1. Both are marked as wrap text. When you...

Chart does NOT show data entered for the values represented
I continue to find a problem in excel 2007 that was not present in 2003. I will input 2or more columns and rows of data to create a chart, then create the chart; but IF MORE THAN ONE data path is selected to be charted, the other data paths are charted incorrectly. They do not reflect the values in the cells! Obviously then, my charts are wrong and I can't rely on them for analysis. Please respond if this has happened to you and you know how to correct for this. I am very frustrated. -- Judi Hi Judi, Data Path? what is this, are your charts refering to other workbooks? Why ...

Dates changed on Copy Cell
I am now using Excel 2007 and keep finding that the year in the date is changed when I copy from one cell to another in another spreadsheet. I start with 9/12/2008 17:00 (formated as a custom format) and it is copied in as 10/12/2012 17:00 (same format). Can anyone help? Thanks Jim > changed when I copy from one cell to another in another spreadsheet. I assume that you mean Workbook not Worksheet in the same Workbook. You have the second Workbook set to the 1904 date system. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinato...

Graff data series
I have a graff for sales. Data series 1 = Budget Data series 2 = Actual I want the value that is shown with data series 2 to be a % of the value of data series 1. ...

macro to sum with offset in 2 cell as other cell changed
I need to create macro with this scenario: F - quantity H - 1 serial I - 2 serial For example some cells: H644 =SUM(I643+1) I644 =SUM(I643+F644) So when I put some number in cell F644, sums correctly calculated, then one by one cell as i enter some in F Thank you. is this macro correct for this operation? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("F:F")) Is Nothing Then With Target If .Value <> "" Then ..Offset(0, 2).Value = Cells(Target.Row...

>> MAIl
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_025E_01C5B105.01F121A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >> MAIl - LIST << INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Business MULTI KLICK HERE: >> www.lux-life.de.vu << >> www.job-dich-reich.de.vu << >> www.luxcash.de.vu << >> www.konto-geld.de.vu << ************************************************************* ------=_NextPart_000_025E_01C5B105.01F121A0 Content-Type: te...

Filling in Data
I have several points where I need data. I only have the start and the end values and I want to fill in each of the points between the two. How is that accomplished. Example. Point 1 = 50, Point 10 = 600. I need Points 2-9. 550/9 = the increment to add moving from point 2 to point 9 Jamie wrote: > I have several points where I need data. I only have the start and the end > values and I want to fill in each of the points between the two. How is that > accomplished. > > Example. Point 1 = 50, Point 10 = 600. I need Points 2-9. Hi, Try this and ente...

1-way data sync into CRM (v3)
How do I determine if I need to purchase Scribe (and training) or write a customized web application using web service calls? (Any classes on that?) How do I know which would be less expensive now and in the long run? I have no knowledge of Scribe at this time, and I am not familiar with the SDK / C#. Issue: I need a one-way synchronization of data from a SQL database app into CRM for Leads, Opportunities, and Contacts. That data needs to be in CRM only for management reporting purposes and will not be updated by users. This will be an ongoing daily update process. The project man...

replacing text in all cells with existing text plus something
Hi, I have a sheet with several rows and columns containing text. I would like to add similar text to all the cells after the existing text. Is there an easy way to do that? thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...

Appending worksheets
Hello, I have a huge workbook with some 200 worksheets (Excel 2002) and wouldlike to create one single worksheet by appending the data on all worksheets one after another. Is there an easy way to do this without programming a macro? Thanks so much. Provided the total data rows do not exceed 65535 (assuming a standard top row for col labels), one way would be sequential manual copy > paste into a single new sheet placed to the left of the 200 source sheets. At an est 15 sec per manual op, 200 sheets would only take roughly an hour of work to accomplish. Thereafter, to clean up, jus...

Cells which don't scroll
I've come across a spreadsheet before where the top row is 'fixed in position'... ie: when you scroll down, only the lower rows move up and down, whereas the top row (containing the date) stays in the same place so that it can always be read. How do you do this? 1. Drag down the split handle top of right scroll bar. 2. menu Window/Freeze Panes. see also window/Split option -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "Grant Johnson" <grant.johnson@tgarch.co.uk> wrote in message news:11eb01c3e007$d1ce0a80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I've come across a sp...