APA Style Table in Excel

Is there a way to left align digits in excel and still have decimal places
in line?

Example:

Instead of:

0022.11
1122.01

Have:

    22.11
1122.01

Thanks,
Dan

0
dslaugh (6)
11/13/2003 7:02:48 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom   ???0.00

Left align the cells.

In article <s0Gsb.21268$8x2.8238628@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com>,
 "Dan" <dslaugh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to left align digits in excel and still have decimal places
> in line?
>
> Example:
>
> Instead of:
>
> 0022.11
> 1122.01
>
> Have:
>
>     22.11
> 1122.01
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Importing Tables #2
If I had access how would I do it? under v2002 pro, open database model stencil, select database, select reengineer, follow prompts. al "Jean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e17b01c43c21$f015e2d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If I had access how would I do it? I am so new at this. I go to File, Stencil, Open Stencil, I end up in a Solutions folder, then I go into Database and pick Entity Relationship (US units).vss? I do not see select reengineer. >-----Original Message----- >under v2002 pro, open database model stencil, select database,...

Excel Problems
I hope you can help with a problem with a spreadsheet caused by compatibility between word & excel I had a multi-page spreadsheet which I opened via Word by mistake - some of the data is now missing in word Now I can't open the spreadsheet other than in Word although it is still a.xls file Opening in Excel you get "file format is not valid" error message. It will open in Word but not all the data is there. Can I recover this file? I don't think you can - maybe someone else can prove me wrong, but I think you need to be looking for a backup copy if you can find o...

formatting tables
Hi, I am using Publisher 2002, using a booklet format and using tables to create an address booklet. Is it possible to create a table that will overflow from one page into the next automatically? I need to have the option of easily adding or deleting cells as new members join our organization. I don't know why this is seeming so difficult to do, I must be not getting something. Please help! Andrea Andrea you cannot create a Table that will flow from one page to the next. I would seriously recommend against using a Table for an Address Book. This can be easily done a better way. I...

excel changes date
When I enter 3/1/10 enter a cell formatted number, date, 3/14/01, it changes it to 1/3/10. But if I enter 3/19/10 in the same cell it leaves it alone. It is only on one pc, if I open the same file from a different pc the date works fine. Any ideas. Thanks I can not really follow your question but XL inherits it's date entry from your computers regional settings. Take a look at Start | Control Panel | Regional and Language Settings To get your computers date settings. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "sue gray" wrote: > When I enter 3/1/10 ent...

How do I fit a line on an excel plot to a portion of the data?
I want a best fit line to go pass through the obviously linear portion of the data and ignore all other points, how do i do this? Hi, Trend lines are based on all the data points in a series. To get a trend line on a subset of data you will need to add a new series based on only that subset. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mechengstudent" <mechengstudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C01B83F0-FE90-4638-B63C-A0EB1DD27EAA@microsoft.com... >I want a best fit line to go pass through the obviously linear portion...

modify drop down table associated to vlookup
I've been given a vlookup formula, that is associated with some drop down list... The formula is: =VLOOKUP(D113,JobID,2,FALSE) when I go into the name box or the area that would dictate which cell is active the "JobID" is available as a drop down. After clicking on "JobID" 4 cells are highlighted in one row / 4 consecutive columns. This is new to me, how can I modify what area is associated with the "JobID" list? Does this List start at a specific row and goto the bottom of the spread sheet. any assistants would be appreciated. You must be thinkin...

Turnoff parantheses in APA citation
Work 07 puts parantheses around all APA-style citations even when they begin a sentence ("Tsui and O'Reilly (1989) conclude...") or are part of a list. Is there a way to change XSL to stop this? Patience is a virtue. You don't have to ask the same question 3 times, just wait till someone comes along who can answer it. <the following is copy/pasted from my original reply> There is no on/off switch for the brackets. Your choices are to either keep them, or remove them altogether. If you want to remove them for all instances, you will have to edit the st...

Customizing Outlook Today-styles
Does anyone know if there are downloadable styles for Outlook Today 2002? I like the Today screen but it is boring. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks No, there are not. You can design your own since it is an HTML page. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: BLM <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Does anyone know if there are downloadable styles for | Outlook Today 2002? I like the Today screen but it is | boring. Any help would be appreciated. | | ...

Exported Data to excel appearing wrong in Columns
Exported data into an excel spreadsheet from an Access database. The database reports the informaton correctly in reports, but to excel, it doesn't display all the columns correctly. The format for the data is dash, number, alpha, number, number, number, -1A111. I tried formatting it but it made it worse. Can anyone let me know what I may need to do to fix this? How does it display? Show us what it should look like (as in the Access report) and what it looks like in the Excel import. You've mentioned that columns (plural) don't display correctly, but you've only give...

APA Headings
I would like to find or create a style document for an APA formatted document that work with a Table of Contents. Levels 3-5 of APA have the heading inline with the paragraph text. For example This is the heading. Followed by the paragraph text that goes on and on and on etc. It seems that the heading styles only allow for paragraph headings - that is they automatically insert a new paragraph after the heading - so if I highlight "This is the heading." above and apply the heading style it automatically sticks in a new paragraph which doesn't match APA. A...

Excel as a Repository for files?
Hi, We have questionnaire Excel App and I have been asked by the team i we can use the Questionnaire interface so that users can attach file (word/pdf/xls etc) and store them in the workbook app? Is this posiible at all? OLE maybe? Any opinions greatly welcome. Mar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Insert Object / Create New OR Create from File -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to b...

Child window styles
Hi there, i'll cut to the chase, i'm trying to change the style of child windows in my application so that they are independant of the windows setting so that my client area containing multiple child windows always has the same look an feel. Can anyone give me any pointers on where to look or start with this ? Regards Matt. Mif wrote: > Hi there, i'll cut to the chase, i'm trying to change the style of > child windows in my application so that they are independant of the > windows setting so that my client area containing multiple child > windows always has the...

how do I convert an excel spreadsheet to cif format?
How do I convert an excel spreadsheet into .cif format? This format is not available in the "save as" menu and I can't find an add in that will convert this for me. Can you suggest something? Thank you! What program is a .cif file used with? It's very possible that Excel supports this format but under a different name. For example, it may be a Comma Separated Values format (normally saved as ~~~.csv) but your program likes the extension .cif. Take a look at your program's documentation to see if you can determine what type of file the .cif is. You might als...

Can a Query with 3 Tables be updatable?
Any time I put more than two tables in a query, it will not allow the addition of new records. Are others getting different results? -- Thanks, croy On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:33:01 -0800, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote: >Why should you ever need to edit queries that have more than a couple tables? Thanks for the reply... Well... I have a continuous subform (for data entry) formatted like a datasheet, with a couple of buttons on each row for opening popup forms that hold related data. It would be very nice for data-entry folks to be able to see which rows in...

Calculating times in excel
I want Multiple if Statements Based upon the value in Cell AA (value is numberic 1-5). Here is the start of my formula... =IFERROR(IF($AA$2=1,(X18>R18)&TEXT(ABS(X18-R18),"hh:mm"),IF($AA$2=2,(X18>F18)&TEXT(ABS(X18-F18),"hh:mm"),X18-F18))," ") The Columns R,X,F, are times. This appears to work work when X is a time after Column R & F, but if the time in X is prior to R & F, It give me a time greater than 24 hours. Any to calculate this? Thanks in advance On Mar 21, 2:39=A0pm, Jimbo <coan....@gmail.com> wrote: > I want Multiple if...

APA conversion
I have a paper with bibliography that is not APA. I need to convert them into APA format. How do I copy and past my information so I could create an APA formatted bib without typing all my bib over again? ...

Embeded Excel File gridlines?
We have documents with imbeded excel files, and all of a sudden, they are printing with grid lines around the cells. The original spreadsheet has gridlines turned off, and no lines around the cells in formatting. Anyone know what is going on? PS- I just love these **all of a sudden** problems! Are your Excel tables linked to the original spreadsheet/workbook? If so, it is possible that the links have been broken. This will cause the Excel table to turn into a picture and the gridlines will print. Check this: Edit > Links and see if there is an N/A in the Update column. You can o...

Excel Programming in VB
I want to program Excel in VB to open an existing Excel file and edit some custom cells so new updated data for those cells are entered. Can some help me with some suggestions or codes? THanks I think I'd start by recording a macro when I did it manually in Excel. Then the next question: Do you really mean VB or VBA? ms newsgrp wrote: > > I want to program Excel in VB to open an existing Excel file and edit some > custom cells so new updated data for those cells are entered. > > Can some help me with some suggestions or codes? > > THanks -- Dave Peterson ...

excel on the net
Hi i am building a web site and i have a link that link a worksheet. it shows exactly as excel sheet and it is too long to download. how can i make it as a picture. i saved as html but it came so big. i want to link this sheet but i want it to show as a picture and does not take time to download. thank you That's is a very good question. Have you had an answer yet, Nab Tab? I'm looking for that idea so as to create a little print preview in picturebox, on a form. Thanks to anyone who could anwser this : it would directly help people at a time! bye, effend - effend -------...

How do I get Excel?
I have Excel Viewer, but that only allows me to look at Excel files and not edit them. I'd like to know if there's any way that I can get my hands on or download any version of the program WITHOUT having to buy any expensive Microsoft Office Software? Obviously, if I go that route, then the much earlier versions would be in order. I also have Microsoft WORKS, but it's not Excel either, is there a way to convert between these two programs? Thanks. Hi no legal way to download Excel. Some options: - Microsoft offers a Trial version of its office products on their website (ch...

How to make a table of dates
I have a need to make a table of date (1/1/2008 - 1/1/2018). All I need is one field with each date for the next 10 years. Can anyone suggest a simple query that I could run to make such a table so I don't have to manually type all the dates for the next 10 years? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Terry On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:10:12 -0600, "Terry" <terryd@stclair.com> wrote: >I have a need to make a table of date (1/1/2008 - 1/1/2018). >All I need is one field with each date for the next 10 years. Can anyone >suggest a simple query that I coul...

Print records in a 'calendar' style report
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have a set of records, each with a date on it. I've also got a report that runs through a query so that I can print a list of the records between 2 dates that I enter. Rather than having a list of dates that fall between the 2 seleted dates, I'd like to be able to print a calendar like report with the records shown in/on the relative dates. Anyone any ideas? Thanks! There's a nice solution in the book (on page 180): "Fixing Access Annoyances" by Phil Mitchell and Evan Callaghan (Evan co-wrote the Northwind database). Rega...

Pivot Table report formatting
I have a pivot table which has 3 levels. But the report only shows th value once per level, I presume for formating purposes but specifically need them displayed.. Any ideas as to if / how I go abou this? eg .aaaaa bbbbbb ccccccccccccc . dddddddddd . eeeeee ffffffffffffffffffff I need it to look like ; .aaaaa bbbbbb ccccccccccccc .aaaaa bbbbbb dddddddddd .aaaaa eeeeee ffffffffffffffffffff Many Thanks! Bo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Can you g...

table tent wizard?
Is there a table tent wizard? Something like; File Page Setup Special Fold Tent Card -- Don Vancouver, USA "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259C30B1-A010-43E7-8E8D-648949B426C8@microsoft.com... > Is there a table tent wizard? There is a folded card selection in the page setup. The setup will print two to a page if you input 4.25 for the width. If each card is different you will need setup a merge for the names. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Diane" &...

Excel 2007 Back-up copies
How do I stop Excel from creating a "back-up" copy everytime I "save" a document? It only does this when I "Save" not when I "save as". My folders are quickly filling up with back-ups. This just started happening after I upgraded to Windows 7. -- Hawaiianshirt Does that happen for all workbooks or a specific one. Open the workbook>from Save AS dialog>Tools>General Options> check whether 'Always create backup' is enabled or not? If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Hawaiianshirt...