anyone knows

presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open fro
file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for open.  Lef
side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific locatio
such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc.

I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach there fast.

How I can do?

thanks in advance.

S Kara

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use the Places COM add-in from Microsoft:

INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download
   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=253338

It's about halfway down the page.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
8/4/2004 11:53:40 AM
In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder you wish to add to the
left side pane.  Then, choose the Tools dropdown and select "Add
to My Places".

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"kumawat_s >" <<kumawat_s.1agkvv@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:kumawat_s.1agkvv@excelforum-nospam.com...
> presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open
from
> file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for
open.  Left
> side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific
location
> such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc.
>
> I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach
there fast.

> How I can do?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> S Karan
>

> ---

chip1 (1821)
8/4/2004 4:34:52 PM
In Excel 2000 it ("Add to my places") is not appearing. What should I d
?

thanks

s karan

Chip Pearson wrote:
> *In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder you wish to add to the
> left side pane.  Then, choose the Tools dropdown and select "Add
> to My Places".
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
>

> "kumawat_s >" <<kumawat_s.1agkvv@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
> message news:kumawat_s.1agkvv@excelforum-nospam.com...
> > presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open
> from
> > file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for
> open.  Left
> > side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific
> location
> > such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc.
> >
> > I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach
> there fast.
> >
> > How I can do?
> >
> > thanks in advance.
> >
> > S Karan
> >

> > ---
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

For Excel 2000 You will need the Places.com add-on.

Go here for download and instructions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;260190

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 01:51:25 -0500, kumawat_s
<<kumawat_s.1ak1fn@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>In Excel 2000 it ("Add to my places") is not appearing. What should I do
>?
>
>thanks
>
>s karan
>
>Chip Pearson wrote:
>> *In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder you wish to add to the
>> left side pane.  Then, choose the Tools dropdown and select "Add
>> to My Places".
>>

>> --
>> Cordially,
>> Chip Pearson
>> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
>> www.cpearson.com
>>

>> "kumawat_s >" <<kumawat_s.1agkvv@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
>> message news:kumawat_s.1agkvv@excelforum-nospam.com...
>> > presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open
>> from
>> > file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for
>> open.  Left
>> > side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific
>> location
>> > such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc.
>> >
>> > I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach
>> there fast.
>> >
>> > How I can do?
>> >
>> > thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > S Karan
>> >

>> > ---
>> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/
>> > *
>

>---

Gord
8/6/2004 4:55:40 PM
you can cahnge the default file location to the directory you want t
access most of the times. The default location is My documents. B
doing this it will directly take you to the folder you have selected
You can do this by following the instructions below

Go to tools menu, click on options, Select general Tab, Change defaul
file location to the folder of your choice

you can cahnge the default file location to the directory you want t
access most of the times. The default location is My documents. B
doing this it will directly take you to the folder you have selected
You can do this by following the instructions below

Go to tools menu, click on options, Select general Tab, Change defaul
file location to the folder of your choice

anyone knows
presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open fro file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for open. Lef side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific locatio such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc. I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach there fast. How I can do? thanks in advance. S Kara -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use the Places COM add-in from Microsoft: INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download http:...

Anyone?
Anyone? In news:1121087669.975314.186420@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Zack Schneeberger <schneebie1@**** > typed: > Anyone? Yes? ...

Anyone know what a
stick graph is? Is it similar to a candlestick graph? Kids have to do one for homework and nobody seems to know what it is! Rob Graham Hi Rob, Is it possibly a xy scatter where the points are not connected to each other but with the x axis. Looks sort of like a column chart with very thin bars. Where the x axis is a value axis and not the usual category type. If so plot your x and y values as a normal scatter chart , points only. The add negative Y error bars to the series. Use custom values and select the y values. This should then drop vertical lines to the x axis. Rob Graham wrote...

I need to print a B5 booklet. Anybody know of any software?
Ineed to print a booklet in B5 format. Is there any software that will let me do this in duplex? If you have Microsoft Publisher, File, Print Setup, select the paper size B5. Then File, Page Setup, select Special Fold (should show the paper as B5) and Landscape. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Arty" <Arty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D78F4-EA5D-4D69-A84F-DE3A57FFCBEB@microsoft.com... > Ineed to print a booklet in B5 format. Is there any software that will let me > do this in duplex? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A pos...

Anyone?
I am making a list of names that I will be ranking and need to be able to move them up and down the list frenquently in a timely mannor. How do I create a list that I can click on a name then drag and drop it into another spot on the list, as aposed to cutting and inserting? ...

Has anyone been able to write an if/then formula in excell?
Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, then B35=10/21/04) Hi in cell B35 enter =IF(A5=21,DATE(2004,10,21),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KirkF" <KirkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E5F75BB-F4F3-4853-97A5-7FEB7AC4C8CB@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, > then B35=10/21/04) No. You can't write a formula that will affect another cell. You' need to use VBA code for that -- firefyt ----------------------------...

Don't know how to organize info I have.
I am trying to organize info in regards to when the most people are best able to gather at the same time to complete a certain task. I had everybody give me the times they are best able to be there to complete this task (based on 24 hours) for each day of the week (Sunday through Saturday). What I want to do is create some type of table/chart where I can take all this info and show each person and the times they are avaiable. From there, I want it to be able to compile these times together and show me which hours and which people are able to come together for this task each day of the w...

Anyone else?
Does anyone else have any suggestions for this dillema that I find myself in? Thanks in advance, MC The only thing that I can gather from your post is that you need to use the spelling checker. The grammar could be better too. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Michaelcip" <Michaelcip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6EF553F-9538-44EE-BC74-127081A880F4@microsoft.com... > Doe...

i sent my messag i know
fram mi MACALIM AADAM;1220408 Wrote: > fram mi If you do have a valid question, we certainly need more information. -- richc46 RICHARD *If I have helped you in any way, please show your appreciation, by clicking the middle icon, on the upper right portion of your screen.* *Before you take my advice make a System Restore point.* ...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news
The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from ...

Anyone on the inside know when Yukon is coming?
How about pricing as well? I'm really interested in the 'native' xml capabilities. Updating at the node-level especially. Not much has been disclosed. Details will be unveilded at the PDC in October, Attendants will get a beta version. They may be setting a target release date once they collected enough feedback from the closed beta that's going on right now. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor "Baseman" <nospam_productdata@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:PbQ4b.15021$j26.10001@lakeread02... > How about pricing as well? I'...

Is there anyone ?
Hi: Is there anyone who can be my friend? we can talk eachother and have fun. Thanks in advance. Edwin, You've posted this plea in a forum dedicated to support of the Access database program, which is part of some versions of MS Office. Unless you want to ask questions about MS Access, this is the wrong place. Please search out a chat or social networking forum, such as MyFace and try there. Best of luck. George "Edwin" <zcoolzc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5AAE16D7-2B5B-4679-99BA-DE20B94F0C22@microsoft.com... > Hi: > Is ...

Anyone else getting this?
Unable to send or receive messages for the 3946 account. Windows Live Mail can't connect to the Hotmail server. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. Server Error: 5102 Server Response: Xfs request 'SyncBinary' failed. Response code: 'UserLocked', server response: '750 0' Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00002 I can send when I log on to this webmail account and I can receive the message...

Is anyone running into reconciliation issues during year-end closing?
We have heard from many customers leading into the 2011 year-end close process asking how The Closer can help with GL to Sub-Ledger reconcilations in Great Plains. With The Closer you can reconcile your GL to the AR, AP, Cash, Accrued Purchases, Inventory, Sales and COGS sub-ledgers. Some users of The Closer have seen their closing process go from taking over 40 hours to only 2 hours. The Closer works from v7.0 to current. Please do not put yourself through another year-end process of manually reonciling Dynamics GP. The Closer is priced right, installs in 20 minutes and can add immediat...

Is there anyone?
Hi: Is there anyone who can be my friend ? we can talk eachother and have fun. Thanks in advance. ...

Any thoughts on the proofing tools crash, anyone?
Hello group! On Dec 3rd I wrote this group asking for tips on what might be causing Entourage to crash every time I run a spell check with any other dictionary than US English. Later the same day, I also posted the crash log to the group. So, does anyone have any pointers to offer me here? Sincerely, Jonas Hi Jonas, A search of Google turns up this information: <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Entourage+proofing+crash&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl =en&btnG=Google+Search> If Google doesn't have the answer to your question, please follow up with another posting in this same t...

I know you're trying....
It isn't working. Putting a stop to it. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "Lady18wheeler" wrote > > It isn't working. Putting a stop to it. My girlfriend said the same thing to me last night. Your girlfriend never said that to me! -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Jordon" <notsam@REMOVETHISsamiamnot.com> wrote in message news:vqi3n5mq0onre8@corp.supernews.com... > > &...

How to know CPU usage programmically.
Hi all, I want to analyze performance of my Application. Now I'm searching for an API which gives me the current CPU usage, in programmically. int nCPUUsage = GetCPUUsage(); // GetCPUUsage() return current CPU usage Please help me is there any API or way for fiunding this. Thanks in advance. As far as I know there is no single function that returns the actual CPU usage. That being said the Performance Counters reference in MSDN is the place to look. First open a performance query with PdhOpenQuery. Then create and set the counter path with PdhMakeCounterPath and PdhAddCounter...

Anyone seen this before?
Object Operation: Object Server: DS Operation Type: Object Access Object Type: computer Object Name: CN=ServerNAME,OU=Citrix Servers,OU=somewherenow,OU=Servers,DC=Somewhere,DC=ORG Handle ID: - Primary User Name: DomainController$ Primary Domain: Somewhere Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7) Client User Name: ServerNAME$ Client Domain: Somewhere Client Logon ID: (0x0,0x1A395C34) Accesses: Write Property Properties: --- Public Information servicePrincipalName computer Additional Info: Additional Info2: Access Mask: 0x20 Howdie! ...

Anyone Figured Out How to Set Menu Image in Feature Pack?
Greetings, Many "feature pack" ribbon elements can have a menu attached. If such a menu contains a command with the same ID as an existing ribbon element, the image associated with that element is displayed in the menu next to that command. My problem is that I can't seem to find a way to tell the frameworks what image is to be associated with my menu command without creating a ribbon element with the same ID. Has anyone figured out how to show an image in a ribbon element menu without also duplicating the command ID in another ribbon element on the same ribbon? That wa...

HELLO! ANYONE THERE?
It seems my news provider rebuilt the server last week and I haven't seen a single post here since.... anyone here?? Ron H. I see you all fine. You can also check the messages on Google Groups. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ron H" <rnharsh@attbi.com> wrote in message news:rJd8f.3332$Cu1.1890@fe16.lga... > It seems my news provider rebuilt the server last week and I haven't seen a > single post here since.... anyone here?? > > Ron H. > > > I see you ... :o) Perhaps as Ajay pointed out you could use Google or the web com...

Anyone have a solution to this?
We import SOP orders via EDI that are 100's of line items long. We would like to put in a Requested Ship Date once at the top expansion and then have it roll down to all item detail Requested Ship Dates. Anyone have a solution for this or have heard of an ISV perhaps? You can perhaps use a VBA customization that will execute a SQL script to update the lines on the database via an ADODB connection. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "MES" wrote: > We import SOP orders via EDI that are 100...

Anyone know how to do RSS pings, like most blog platforms do?
Hello, Most blogging platforms will automatically ping the various RSS directories when you add a new post. I have been looking at doing this for a site I have, and have found some info, but I get errors when I try and run the code. Anyone done this and willing to share some code? Thanks -- Alan Silver (anything added below this line is nothing to do with me) On May 13, 7:03=A0pm, Alan Silver <alan-sil...@nospam.thanx.invalid> wrote: > Hello, > > Most blogging platforms will automatically ping the various RSS > directories when you add a new post. ...

Does anyone have a template to figure prorated wages

https anyone?
here's a thought... does MFC http class support HTTPS? say I have a HTTPS server that I wan't to contact, will this work? do I need anything special? http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/wininet_ssl___certificate.asp --------------------------------------------------- Automate your software builds with Visual Build Pro http://www.kinook.com "Donald sorenson" <dony_s@excite.com> wrote in message news:ucxbASJrDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > here's a thought... does MFC http class support HTTPS? say I have a HTTPS > server that I wan't to contact, wil...