Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?

How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side)
with data from an Excel file (CSV).  The web page has several text
fields for input that I manually populate.  I would like to transfer
the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file.  How can
this be done?
TIA
Jman

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

0
jcnone (1)
1/28/2008 1:01:05 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Jman,

I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA.  It wasn't a web form -- it was a
terminal emulator -- but I think I did try it filling out web forms, as well as other
programs (email client, etc.).  It worked pretty reliably.  It seems like a grunt approach,
but it did work, and it's still in use.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"jman" <jcnone@none.com> wrote in message news:lP9nj.8596$1f.408@bignews9.bellsouth.net...
> How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side)
> with data from an Excel file (CSV).  The web page has several text
> fields for input that I manually populate.  I would like to transfer
> the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file.  How can
> this be done?
> TIA
> Jman
>

> --
> --------------------------------- --- -- -
> Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
> Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
> ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

0
someone798 (944)

PivotTable Automatic Subtotals
I have a PivotTable with Customer, Date grouped by Year and Month. The table has AutoFormat Report 6 applied. The Date group is set to show items with no data. This is important and must stay that way. I use the even spacing to create a static report with a difference line automatically added. There are some customers that do not have data for all listed years. So they may have information for 2004 but nothing in 2005. The table is displaying the grouping as such: Customer 123.00 2004 123.00 Jan 123.00 ...

Putting video clips from the web onto a powerpoint
I'm trying to do a powerpoint for my presentation at school know a few clips I want to put on it for the presentation, but I have no idea how to take videos from the web and put it on a powerpoint. Can someone please inform me how to do that, if it's possible? Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup which deals with PowerPoint. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Tina" <Ti...

Data Migration Issue .........Please Suggest
Hi, I am required to transfer data from Sql Server 2005 which is in different network and domain, its site runs on internet, To Microsoft CRM 3.0. Please Suggest me as how to achieve this. Thanks in advance Misha ...

anyone knows
presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open fro file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for open. Lef side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific locatio such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc. I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach there fast. How I can do? thanks in advance. S Kara -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use the Places COM add-in from Microsoft: INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download http:...

Password automatically on
Hi, I'm using MS Outlook 2007 fully patched. One of my Inboxes is on an Exchange server and it asks for the password every time I log in Outlook, I've set it that way when putting that e-mail account on this machine, but now I'm bored with reentering the password every time. I can't find the place to change that option, what can I do so I don't have to reenter password every time I start Outlook. Thank you in advance I still haven't found the solution for this one, please help "small caps" <none@hotmeil.com> wrote in message news:h22plj$haa...

automatic sent mail forwarding
is this possible at all??!! the set up at the moment is that mail comes in to public folders and the relevant users can reply to these emails as the public folder email address. the next thing we want it for all sent mail from these public folders to automatically go to another folder and not the users sent items folder in outlook. I know you can BCC the public folder when sending the email but "them that B" would like it automated because it relies on someone remembering to add the email to the BCC field Any ideas?? Cheers Ears PeterP wrote: > is this possible at al...

Anyone?
Anyone? In news:1121087669.975314.186420@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Zack Schneeberger <schneebie1@**** > typed: > Anyone? Yes? ...

Data Error
Hi, I have just upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I am able to open CRM via IE and get all the tool bars and options however in the data pain I am just recieving the error message: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. I have been working on the assumption that there is a permissions error but all seems fine both within CRM and on the SQL side. Any advice ? Thanks Brian ...

Read Only pages
How can I cancel a page saved read-only. Somehow the programs opens all pages as read only. I tryed to open the properties and un-click read only, but the forms still indicate read only. "page" is a workbook? "programs" is Excel Application? Open a workbook in Excel and File>Save As>Tools>General Options and Uncheck "read-only recommended" Save the workbook. Say "yes" to overwite. If the workbooks are being opened from removable media like a CD they would have become read-only when you copied to CD Copy back to HDD then open them may b...

Printing a HTA page
With a HTML page displayed in a browser I can just drop the File menu and select "Print" to send the page to the printer. I'd like to do the same thing with a HTA page. Any suggestions? -- Crash "The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do." ~ B. F. Skinner ~ "Dave "Crash" Dummy" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:McWAn.43500$0_7.32476@newsfe25.iad... > With a HTML page displayed in a browser I can just drop the File menu > and select "Print" to send the page to the printer. I...

How to send from Outbox automatically
I am running MS Outlook 2002. When I click send, to send an email, it goes in my Outbox. I then have to click send/receive to send the email. Is there anyway the email can just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to click send in 2 steps? I checked Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup. The 'Send immediately when connected' box is checked. Also in the Send/receive group, both include the group online & offline are both checked. Is this just the way Outlook works, or can the email be sent without having to stay in Outbox until Send/receive is clicked? You nee...

Anyone know what a
stick graph is? Is it similar to a candlestick graph? Kids have to do one for homework and nobody seems to know what it is! Rob Graham Hi Rob, Is it possibly a xy scatter where the points are not connected to each other but with the x axis. Looks sort of like a column chart with very thin bars. Where the x axis is a value axis and not the usual category type. If so plot your x and y values as a normal scatter chart , points only. The add negative Y error bars to the series. Use custom values and select the y values. This should then drop vertical lines to the x axis. Rob Graham wrote...

formatting page layout size
Hello, I am doing a project that needs to go into a local papter. The ad is 4"x4", I go into Publisher 2003, and set it to that size. BUt it still wants to print on a 8 by 10 sheet. If I go into the printer settings the smallest I can get is 4x5. When I convert it over to pdf, it is the full page with the 4 x 4 in the middle. Is it possible to adjust the page/paper itself to 4 x 4? I have tried different settings with no luck. thanks Bruce What PDF converter are you using? Acrobat will allow user created custom sizes. File, Page Setup, Printer Details tab, Ado...

Archiving or deleting old data
Our GP database goes back to 1996 and we are running out of space on our server. We would like to archive or delete data older than 7 years to free up some space, but have been unable to find out how to accomplish this. Any suggestions? Thanks! Margaret There is no archive option in GP. Professional Advantage is one company that has a company archive add-on for GP. Otherwise, you would back up your data to tape and then use the Remove History utilities in the modules. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Margaret" wrote: > Our GP database goes back to 1996 and we are running out o...

Changed Data array
Hi, on one sheet i have data. Another sheet does a percentrank of tha data. The question is, when the data array changes in size, is there way to set it up so I don't have to go through and change the all th percent rank formulas. The reason I ask, is that the last time I di this, I swear that it SOMEHOW automatically corrected itself. Thanks for any help! -- Scottm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Scottmk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=170 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.ph...

Data Migration manager 4.0
How do I get DMM 4.0 to link a contact to an account (this I can do) and at the same time make the contact the primary contact on the account? Thanks, Ilja Hi Ilja, To do this, you will need a unique ID against each Contact and Account. Looking at a very simplfied version, the concept is ... --- Contact.csv Contact Number First Name Last Name Parent Account 100 Contact A - Bob ACC-001 101 Contact B - Tim ACC-001 102 Contact C - Jo ACC-002 103 Contact D - Jane ACC-003 --- Account.csv Account Number Name Primary Contact ACC-001 Company 1 100 ACC...

Anyone?
I am making a list of names that I will be ranking and need to be able to move them up and down the list frenquently in a timely mannor. How do I create a list that I can click on a name then drag and drop it into another spot on the list, as aposed to cutting and inserting? ...

Error: 514: Transfer Palm to Windows
I have an excel spreadsheet which I have on my Palm Pilot which was placed there by documents to go. One day my spreadsheet on my palm tol me an error 514 message, and just froze, found out it could be insufficent space on my palm. There is no macros, but was a password needed to change data within the palm. I transfered it back and when open it in word i get an error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module MSO9.DLL at 0167:308d0b99. Registers: EAX=00629c74 CS=0167 EIP=308d0b99 EFLGS=00010212 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=00628684 EBP=0062868c ECX=00000002 DS=016f ESI=0000000...

I need to print a B5 booklet. Anybody know of any software?
Ineed to print a booklet in B5 format. Is there any software that will let me do this in duplex? If you have Microsoft Publisher, File, Print Setup, select the paper size B5. Then File, Page Setup, select Special Fold (should show the paper as B5) and Landscape. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Arty" <Arty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D78F4-EA5D-4D69-A84F-DE3A57FFCBEB@microsoft.com... > Ineed to print a booklet in B5 format. Is there any software that will let me > do this in duplex? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A pos...

Web Page Hyperlinks/How do you make a list URL's active?
Web Page Hyperlinks/How do you make a list URL's active? I have a whole list of many URL's in Excel and I would like to mak them active links so that when you press on them, you go to thei respective web page. I can do each one, one by one, by pressing F2 o their respective cell and then pressing enter . . this makes the active links, but its way too slow, I could never do all of them (som pages have 15,000 links). Is there some sort of switch to make all o my inactive URL's . . . active links at one time -- pglufki -------------------------------------------------------------...

inverting a column of data
Hi! Everyone, I have a column of numerical data entered in (say) A1.A100. How can I reverse their order, i.e to have value in A100 to be in B1, A99 in B2, ... and A1 in B100? Appreciate any helps. Hi in B1 enter =OFFSET($A$100,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down "LCC" wrote: > Hi! Everyone, > > I have a column of numerical data entered in (say) > A1.A100. How can I reverse their order, i.e to have value > in A100 to be in B1, A99 in B2, ... and A1 in B100? > > Appreciate any helps. > In B1 enter =OFFSET($A$1,COUNT(A1:$A$100)-1,0) and copy down to B100 ...

Printing from a form
I have set up an email form but when I try to print it out I just get a list of fields as opposed to the way the form is layed out. Because of security restrictions 'print screen' is locked down. Is there anyway I can print my form off so it looks like the on screen version ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Comparing the data in between two worksheets and pasting the data in next worksh
Using VB Script: In the same excel have two worksheets. Sheet 1 and Sheet 2. Compare the data in between the sheets i.e. Sheet1 and Sheet2 and if the data matches will paste in Sheet3. -- Thanks and Regards Sugandhesh Pal ...

adding pages to wizard prop sheet causes Access Violation.
When I add pages to the already created wizard property sheet I get an access violation It happens during the following MFC call which I cannot trace int void CPropertySheetEx::AddPage(CPropertyPageEx* pPage .. HPROPSHEETPAGE hPSP = CreatePropertySheetPage(ppsp) If I do not specify Title and SubTitle string IDs in the constructor the error does not occur m_pageFilter.Construct(IDD_AXIS_FILTER, 0, IDS_TITLE_FILTER, IDS_SUBTITLE_FILTER); // causes erro m_pageFilter.Construct(IDD_AXIS_FILTER); // o There doesn't seem to be anything i...

Has anyone been able to write an if/then formula in excell?
Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, then B35=10/21/04) Hi in cell B35 enter =IF(A5=21,DATE(2004,10,21),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KirkF" <KirkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E5F75BB-F4F3-4853-97A5-7FEB7AC4C8CB@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, > then B35=10/21/04) No. You can't write a formula that will affect another cell. You' need to use VBA code for that -- firefyt ----------------------------...