another one with the saveto PDF problem in office 2008 SP2

Hi All, please, there is a workaround to bypass the problem born with Excel
2007 SP2 , which cause the PDF saved files not correctly resized?

many thanks, i hope a solution...

stex

0
s.ceccato (3)
5/20/2009 12:41:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi stefano

Have a look at the reply to "Excel 2007 save as pdf page size error" in
Excel General Questions

Seems to have worked for me.

"stefano ceccato" wrote:

> Hi All, please, there is a workaround to bypass the problem born with Excel
> 2007 SP2 , which cause the PDF saved files not correctly resized?
>
> many thanks, i hope a solution...
>
> stex

0
MikeMcC (1)

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

2 Subforms, one master
Hi, I have a main form, a subform (1) and two further subforms embedded in tab controls. Main Form: Actual Cost Subform: CostJob Subform Subforms (2): CostDetails Subform and EstDetails Subform The 2 'Details' subforms are the same, but I have a field (Control) called CostDate. If it is Null then it is an Estimate otherwise it is a Cost. My problem is that only the CostDetails Subform behaves correctly. That is if I go to the second row in the first subform CostJob Subform, the corresponding data changes in the CostDetails Subform. I though it was to do with the master & chi...

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

Shared macro not working for one user.
Hi, We have four managers who use the same pc on a shift pattern basis. They have have shift report (Excel), which has a macro embedded in it which when they click a link in it, will send the report via a Distribution list. However, with one manager it's not working. Everything looks the same and it's the same shift report template they access on a server. I have set up this manager on a another pc in my office and when it sent, goes through fine & the report is received ok. Is it some setting on the shared pc that is different on his profile perhaps? Getting stuck now so w...

design gallery problem
I'm a having a problem saving my objects in Design Gallery in Pub 2000. I create the object and save it as a .pub file. I then insert the object into design gallery - Insert - Add selection to Design Gallery. When I exit publisher and go back into Design Gallery the object is not there! I also notice that the object is saved as a Pub 97 file. I use Pub 2000 all the time but I still have Pub 97 installed on my PC. What's causing this? Thanks, Camroc. Hi Camroc (hannonc@eircom.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I'm a having a problem saving my objects in D...

How to combine two excel sheets into one
How to combine two excel sheets into one using the value in the common column You can retrieve the value from specific columns and merge them onto another worksheet by using the =vlookup() command. =vlookup(a1,sheet2!$a$1:$x$9999,3,false) would use the value in A1 to look through sheet2 (A1:A9999). If it doesn't find a match, you'll get a #n/a back. but if it there is a match, you'll get the 3 column over (C) returned. Take a look at =vlookup() in excel's help for lots more info--or post back with a more specific question. (I'm sure you'll get a better answer.) ...

Acessing function with a DLL which has be loaded from another dll
I have A.dll and B.dll. Assume that A.dll has following functions: A1() A2() Assume that B.dll has following functions: B1() B2() I am loading B.dll from function A1() in A.dll.After Loading B.dll i make a call to B1().After executing the call the function returns to beginning of A2.dll. why is this so? Define "begining". The word tends to make no sense in this context. What you seem to be saying is that you have void A1() { HANDLE h = ::LoadLibrary(_T("B.DLL")); ...test for h==NULL, deal with error typedef void (*B1)() B1Proc; B1Proc B1; ...

Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do. Try this... Do this once. Select the cell on the 2nd sheet Right click>Copy Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to appear. Right click>Paste Special>Paste Lin...

install 2003 upgrade problem
I recently bought a new computer with Win 7 OS. I have Office 2003 installed on my old XP computer. The problem is I have an upgrade version and can't find my original Office 97 cd. I had to have it when Office 2003 was installed on the XP computer after the hard drive crashed in 2006. I don't need a new version for my home use so would like to install my upgrade Office 2003 version on the Win 7 computer. Is there any way to get the upgrade to install when I don't have the old cd to put in when it asks for it. I still have the C of A with the product ID for Offi...

Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s) #2
Max, That scriptlet was very useful, and easily tweakable to work in myria applications. Thx! -K -- KHashmi31 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KHashmi316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1043 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27348 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for posting back -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "KHashmi316" <KHashmi316.1evevz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:KHashmi316.1e...

Populate data in cell by looking at another cells data
Hi Everyone, Hope I find you well. I'm not even sure how to go about this, so I hope that someone can shed some light. I have a serial number in one cell eg '80199DD270238' where 'DD' is code for another value, in this case 'DD' = 'BLUE'. How can I automatically populate a cell with the value 'BLUE' by looking at the serial number. Many thanks for any help you can provide. Best Regards Gazza Hi if the characters are alsways at the same place use =IF(MID(A1,6,2)="DD","Blue","other color") if they could be at ...

How to transfer $100 into One Hundred by formulae
Hi, How to transfer $100 into One Hundred by formulae automatically in Excel see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/strings.htm for some links --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7570A74-6603-4C21-8FEB-6E963DBDC75C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How to transfer $100 into One Hundred by formulae automatically in Excel ...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

One (novel) approach in managing bookmarks.
I've found that a rather =93novel approach=94 as one of many (often mundane) ways in managing over 700 links of bookmarks divided into 50 categories. One of several means applied in managing bookmarks is to determine the average number of links per category (by dividing 734 (links) by 50 (categories) to equal and average of (14.68 to be exact)), or rounded- off to 14, and 15 as the average number of bookmarks per category. The specific categories that have 14, and 15 bookmarks are analyzed, and even (more often than not) contain overlooked links, which are found to tie into cu...

NO one has an idea???... ERROR on send/receive
"VMS Tech" <vmstech@digitalweb.net> wrote in message news:... > I get an error on send/receive that says.... > > "Can't create user output file" > > That stops me from sending or receiving any mail. > > Any idea's??? > > > Thanks, > > ...

"There was a problem sending the command to the program" OfficeLiv
Every time Excel opens (or some of the other Office applications) Office Live dialog opens. The box is checked, to indicate not to open this box again, but it always does open. If you doubleclick on a workbook, the message appears: "There was a problem sending the command to the program", which I believe to result from the Office Live dialog. How can this be stopped? I uninstalled Office Live Update using Programs and features. I looked in Trusted Locations for items in the startup folders; they are all empty. Thanks, in advance, for advice ...

converting pdf to excel
I am wondering if there is a way to convert data, tables, and graphs from a pdf format into excel. If anyone knows how, please let me know. Thanks. Scott Hi Scott, It depends on the PDF document. If security setting prohibit copy/paste, nothing can be done without the password. If you have the Acrobat editor there is a table copy options under the text selector tool. Worst case is a screen capture, save as picture, use OCR software to scrap the text. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "scott" <scott.barnett@ubs.com> wrote in message news:8e7b01c3458f$49121eb0$a...

Problem on junk mail list for Outlook 2003
Dear All My outlook 2003 is connected to MS exchange 2003 server, In past, I will add some email address to junk e-mail list using web browser, but now I cannot add in junk e-mail list use web browser now, it show "Unable to add the list, The maximum size for the list is 1024 entries" or " A error occured procured your Junk mail lists, You are over the size limited on the server". But If I add the email address to junk e-mail list using MS outlook 2003, the list can can update to web-base now, How can I solve this problem Rgds Alan OWA supports fewer than Outloo...

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? #2
is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? ...

Problem with #name
Dear All , I am having a problem with the excel. In column 2, I have a set of data which consists of two data 1) "- Cardburry Taste Good (C)" 2) "- Cardburry Taste Bad (M)" 3) "- Cardburry Taste Moderate (K)" When I open the csv files in excel , the data 2) and 3) converted to "#name?" but data 1) is ok. I have made some research if i replace data 2) and 3) with (C) to replace with (M) and (K) ,Everthing is fine .. My question is what is (C) ? Is it a excel formula ? Looking forward for your kindly answer Thanks Ujoon Hi the problem is the minus si...

Automatic Link to another workbook
I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link to data in another workbook? I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get this message. How do I find this link and break it so I will not continue to get this message? Any help is appreciated. Close any other Excel workbooks you have open and do a "Find" for :\ (colon backslash). If you have several worksheets in your workbook, ask Excel to search the entire workbook by selecting find within "Workbook" instead of "Sheet&quo...

Problem Pinning a Website to the IE8 icon on the Win7 Taskbar
I posted this message a couple of weeks ago, but the problem persists I have two brand new Win7 home premium 64 computers, each with IE8 installed and the icon on the taskbar. I want to pin some frequently accessed web links to the IE8 icon on the taskbar. The process I use is as follows: 1. Enter the desired website=92s address in the IE8 address bar, and access the site. 2. Left click the address in the IE8 address bar and drag the address down to atop the Taskbar=92s IE8 icon. That=92s it. But when I use this identical procedure on the two computers, I succeed on one a...

Lookup one value, return multiple values,
I have tried all avenues but to no availe and require assistance urgently please. The formula I require has to in Worksheet A :- [B1] lookup DATA in Worksheet A [A1] SP001 in worksheet B [A] [B] [C] SP001 PL001 16 SP001 PL002 5 SP001 DL001 1 CR001 PL001 5 AR001 DR001 10 Search for all Text String starting with "PL" in [B] with corresponding values but only for SP001. I need the values to be seperated and not summed. see your other post -- Biff Microsoft Excel...

Copying from one ListControl to Another...
Hello everyone, I have been studying how List Controls work, and now I have two List Controls, A and B. Both of the list controls are in Report_View and they both have the same # of columns. What I would like to do is copy each entry of A into B. I use CListCtrl::GetItem(..) to get the item, and I use CListCtrl::InsertItem(..) to insert the item into B. However, this is not working. It is only inserting the first subitem. Is it possible to copy the entire item i.e, subitems 0-2 from CListCtrl A into CListCtrl B? Thanks ...

Sending Problems #2
I am having trouble with my outgoing mail, and my ISP is not accepting my login to the SMTP server. I have raised a problem, with them but while I await them fixing it, I have configured outlook 2003 to use a different account to send. My problem is that the faulty account is attempting to send some read receipts (I think) and is constantly failing. How do I flush the sending on this account? (There is nothing in my outbox) Paul <nothanks@btopenworld.com> wrote: > My problem is that the faulty account is attempting to send some read > receipts (I think) and is constantly...