Another If/Ten

HI all.

Trying to use IF/THEN to look at Column A on one sheet, if any cell in that
column equals today() would like cells from that row to fill in another
sheet.

Is this possible?  Any ideas on how to make that happen??

Thanks.

Flue.
0
bennettbs (1)
5/16/2007 6:28:39 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe you can use format|Conditional formatting.

Select the range to color (I used A2:X999).

With A2 the activecell, I did:
format|conditional formatting
formula is:
=($a2=today())
and give it a nice format

--

Dave Peterson
0

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s) #2
Max, That scriptlet was very useful, and easily tweakable to work in myria applications. Thx! -K -- KHashmi31 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KHashmi316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1043 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27348 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for posting back -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "KHashmi316" <KHashmi316.1evevz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:KHashmi316.1e...

Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do. Try this... Do this once. Select the cell on the 2nd sheet Right click>Copy Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to appear. Right click>Paste Special>Paste Lin...

Acessing function with a DLL which has be loaded from another dll
I have A.dll and B.dll. Assume that A.dll has following functions: A1() A2() Assume that B.dll has following functions: B1() B2() I am loading B.dll from function A1() in A.dll.After Loading B.dll i make a call to B1().After executing the call the function returns to beginning of A2.dll. why is this so? Define "begining". The word tends to make no sense in this context. What you seem to be saying is that you have void A1() { HANDLE h = ::LoadLibrary(_T("B.DLL")); ...test for h==NULL, deal with error typedef void (*B1)() B1Proc; B1Proc B1; ...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

Populate data in cell by looking at another cells data
Hi Everyone, Hope I find you well. I'm not even sure how to go about this, so I hope that someone can shed some light. I have a serial number in one cell eg '80199DD270238' where 'DD' is code for another value, in this case 'DD' = 'BLUE'. How can I automatically populate a cell with the value 'BLUE' by looking at the serial number. Many thanks for any help you can provide. Best Regards Gazza Hi if the characters are alsways at the same place use =IF(MID(A1,6,2)="DD","Blue","other color") if they could be at ...

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? #2
is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? ...

Automatic Link to another workbook
I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link to data in another workbook? I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get this message. How do I find this link and break it so I will not continue to get this message? Any help is appreciated. Close any other Excel workbooks you have open and do a "Find" for :\ (colon backslash). If you have several worksheets in your workbook, ask Excel to search the entire workbook by selecting find within "Workbook" instead of "Sheet&quo...

Copying from one ListControl to Another...
Hello everyone, I have been studying how List Controls work, and now I have two List Controls, A and B. Both of the list controls are in Report_View and they both have the same # of columns. What I would like to do is copy each entry of A into B. I use CListCtrl::GetItem(..) to get the item, and I use CListCtrl::InsertItem(..) to insert the item into B. However, this is not working. It is only inserting the first subitem. Is it possible to copy the entire item i.e, subitems 0-2 from CListCtrl A into CListCtrl B? Thanks ...

Another question about IF(COUNTIF) checks in Excel
<Tiff1618@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:219EB429-F90A-406E-A208-5C787ED70467@microsoft.com... > > Hey again, > > > > Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase > > in a selection? > > > > I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every > > student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of > > looks > > like this: > > > > |Monday| > > Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) > > Per...

Another If/Ten
HI all. Trying to use IF/THEN to look at Column A on one sheet, if any cell in that column equals today() would like cells from that row to fill in another sheet. Is this possible? Any ideas on how to make that happen?? Thanks. Flue. Maybe you can use format|Conditional formatting. Select the range to color (I used A2:X999). With A2 the activecell, I did: format|conditional formatting formula is: =($a2=today()) and give it a nice format Brian Bennett wrote: > > HI all. > > Trying to use IF/THEN to look at Column A on one sheet, if any cell in that > column equal...

How can I open a file saved in another version of Publisher?
I have Publisher 2000 and I am trying to open a .pub file but the message says it cannot open because the file is save in a different version of Publisher. Is there a way to open the file in Publisher 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. YvetteR wrote: > I have Publisher 2000 and I am trying to open a .pub file but the > message says it cannot open because the file is save in a different > version of Publisher. Is there a way to open the file in Publisher > 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. More than likely, this file was created in Publisher 2002 or 2003. Y...

Another Gag thread
What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral? One less drunk at the funeral. The mayor of New Orleans was asked about his position on Roe vs. Wade. He said he didn't really care how people got out of the city. -- * "AB" <AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B46FD0D-3AA8-4D81-B90A-3FB512EE1F8F@microsoft.com... What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral? One less drunk at the funeral. By looking at a picture of a person, you have to decide if he is a computer geek or a serial k...

Referencing another field
Hello, I have a Combobox field called "WorkerID" on a form. This field is not tied to the Forms data source. It is pretty much floating, no control source, but it does have a Row Source Type, Select Query that pulls Worker IDs form a table called "tbl_WorkerIDs". This table has both WorkerIDs and WorkerNames. I want to add another floating combobox field to the form to display the WorkerNames. So if I change the combobox WorkerID I need the WorkerName to change automatically. How do I configure the WorkerName combobox to look at the WorkerID field and upda...

Upgrade to another another language
Is it possible to upgrade the CRM to change the language? I know there is a Dutch disk kit (T07-00218), but can I install this version over an existing English CRM. It is important that all the user data is remains unaltered. Can somebody help me. Thanks, Bernard Bernard, Installing another language version of crm over an existing implementation will not work. You will need to reinstall crm. Exporting customizations and importing again should not be possible, because of the language code in the xml file. But when you change the language codes in the xml file to the correct value the...

Copy e-mail to address on another domain?
How would I setup for a users email user@domain1.com to also get sent to blah@otherdomain.com? Server 2003,Exchange 2003.. The reason I ask is we run an IT company and wish to have each of our clients administrator@ accounts also send a copy of incoming e-mail to server.reporting@ourcompany.com so someone at our firm can keep track of all the administrator e-mail in a central place. Thanks! -L In news:uERgb6RqFHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Locke Nash Cole <junkmauler@hotmail.com> typed: > How would I setup for a users email user@domain1.com to also get sent > to blah@o...

Replicating my Outlook 2003ton another Computer
I have two computers at home, one desktop and one laptop, networked together for my DSL connection. both are running XP Pro. I would like to copy my outlook 2003 from the desktop to the laptop. I did an export and made a backup.pst and imported that file to the laptop. That brought over my messages and contacts, but not all the rules and the configurations I had set up. Is there a way to replicate the complete Outlook 2003 to the laptop? Once that is done (if it can be done), is there a way to synchronize the laptop to my desktop? Thanks for the help, as I'm new to Outlook and this ...

To be able to assign a price sheet to another price sheet
When using Extended Pricing, would like the ability to assign one price sheet to another price sheet. Here is specifically what you are trying to accomplish: 1. Have a net price on the BASEBOOK 2. Have another price sheet, say TEST that calculates 90% of net price on BASEBOOK 3. Have another price sheet, say TWO that calculates 80% off the TEST price sheet. 4. Assign TWO to a Customer. Basically the customer's price is calculated as follows: 80% of 90% of list price in BASEBOOK. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestion...

how do i pick up messages on another computer
How do I pick up my email messages from someone else's computer On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 04:04:01 -0700 keepitsimple <keepitsimple@discussions.microsoft.com> articulated: > How do I pick up my email messages from someone else's computer The fact that you even ask that question is scary. 1) Do you understand what a network is? 2) What OS is your PC running? 3) What OS is the PC you are attempting to access running? 4) Is this "someone else's computer" a mail server or a users personal PC that had previously download mail that you now want to access? 5)...

copy data and formulas from another worksheet
I'm trying to copy data and formulas from one worksheet to another. Excel wants to link the two worksheets, not what i want. For example if cell A1 contains =b1/c1, I just want that to appear in the new worksheet I copy to. Excel puts the name of the other file in the cell. There must be an easy way to do this. How? Karl Maybe you want to copy the original range Select the destination and Edit|paste special|formulas Karl Townsend wrote: > > I'm trying to copy data and formulas from one worksheet to another. > > Excel wants to link the two worksheets, not what i...

Sum in another cell with reference to another
I need to add cells which only have reference to another eg: PNS Kilbirnie 2.0 NW Newtown 1.0 NW Island Bay 1.5 NW Metro 1.0 PNS Kilbirnie 1.0 eg: Need to add only the "PNS Kilbirnie" totals but these are also in other columns similar to above. At the moment these two columns are A & B, then I need to also add the Kilbirnie from column C & D as per above -- Shirl, NZ One way to get this delivered in 10 secs. Do a 5 sec copy/paste stack up of the data in cols C & D below that in col A & B, then create a pivot on the combined data, placing the ...

Accessing CRM 4.0 from another machine
Thanks for any help in advance... I have successfully installed CRM on the server using port 5555. I can access it from the local machine using HTTP://localhost:5555 without issues. For some reason, I am unable to connect to that instance from any other machine on the network. Ultimately I would like to access the instance over the internet so our disconnected sales team can work with it, but for now I'd be happy to access it from the network, or for VPN clients. I have tried http://<MACHINENAME>:5555, as well as the IP address approach. Our network engineer has opened port...

How to copy from one worksheet to another
I have a worksheet that contains several worksheets. I would like to get the information on tab Sheet 1 and copy cells (A2:O2) in a tab name Sheet 2. Can someone share the code to do that ? Or inform me where can I go to read about it in order to accomplish this. Your collaboration will be appreciated. Luis ...

Transferring outlook from one pc to another
I'd like to transfer my outlook files from one PC to another. What is the correct way to do this? I want to transfer my messages, contacts, rules, etc. I want my reminders to still be there. I don't want to get duplicate emails nor reminders. I do know how to transfer the PST file. however, last time I did that, I: 1) lost my email signatures 2) lost my rules 3) got duplicates of many emails 4) lost all of my overdue reminders 5) got duplicates of the reminders with alarm times after the transfer to the new PC. ....and surely more hassles that I don't even remember or haven&#...

Terminating another MFC app
I would like to terminate an MFC app from another MFC app, but do so nicely. Basically, I would like app 1 to post a WM_QUIT message to app 2. TerminateProcess seems to extreme. Any thoughts on how I can do this? "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3733A31-7C4A-4AA4-8EFB-BBCA5C51D968@microsoft.com... |I would like to terminate an MFC app from another MFC app, but do so nicely. | Basically, I would like app 1 to post a WM_QUIT message to app 2. | TerminateProcess seems to extreme. Any thoughts on how I can do this? Try this: CWnd* pPrevApp = CWnd:...