Annoying things / Excel

Hello,

I used to run excel 2000.  I currently upgrade to excell 2002 and it
nice and all but there are these really annoying pop up help boxes when
I am working in excel.

I copy cells and paste them to other cell all the time but then now
this annoying popup box /clip board shows which blocks my view.

I know what I am doing when i copy and paste....i dont need that pop-up
clip board to keep showing.

How do i disable it?

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26056

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

then uninstall excel and use access

0
aaron.kempf (776)
8/11/2005 5:00:30 PM
Tools|options|Edit tab

There are a couple of things you can disable--including "show paste options
buttons"

xl2002 also added some error checking ability.  You can change these options
under tools|options|error checking tab.

Maxwell-5000 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I used to run excel 2000.  I currently upgrade to excell 2002 and it
> nice and all but there are these really annoying pop up help boxes when
> I am working in excel.
>
> I copy cells and paste them to other cell all the time but then now
> this annoying popup box /clip board shows which blocks my view.
>
> I know what I am doing when i copy and paste....i dont need that pop-up
> clip board to keep showing.
>
> How do i disable it?
>
> --
> Maxwell-5000
> Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26056
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395004

--

Dave Peterson
0

Help

any other options?

oh and by the way to "aaron.kempf" who sent in that stupid
message....your a moron.

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26056
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395004

I thought you meant the little icon that sometimes appears after you copy|paste.

But maybe you're talking about the office clipboard/task pane.

If yes, the next time it shows up, click on the options button at the bottom.
(You should be able to see it via view|task pane.)

Then tell it you want it to collect without showing office clipboard.

(If I guessed correctly this time!)

Maxwell-5000 wrote:

> I tried Tools|options|Edit tab and unclicked all the buttons and the
> paste /clip board keeps popping up.
>
> Help
>
> any other options?
>
> oh and by the way to "aaron.kempf" who sent in that stupid
> message....your a moron.
>
> --
> Maxwell-5000
> Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26056
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395004

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)

How can I use day of year dates in Excel?
I have data in Excel that has one column with the year (eg. 2005) and another column with day of year (eg. 365 for Dec. 31). I would like to convert this to a date format that Excel can use for calculations, graphing, etc. See if this works for you: A1 = Year B1 = Day =DATE(A1,1,B1) "jbradford721" wrote: > I have data in Excel that has one column with the year (eg. 2005) and another > column with day of year (eg. 365 for Dec. 31). I would like to convert this > to a date format that Excel can use for calculations, graphing, etc. StinkeyPete; Thanks much! This s...

Annoying Prompt at Close
Hi all, I have an Excel workbook that was originally written in Quattro Pro and later converted to Excel. Every time I close the workbook, even though I have NOT made any changes, it asks me if I want to save the "changes". This is very annoying. Can anyone tell me what I could do to get rid of this prompt? Thanks. CC, you may have a formula in the sheet that is calculating every time the workbook is open, something like =NOW() -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can be...

Excel 2002 Problem
all Hi I am working on excel to get an ouput like this Cloumn A Column B Green 1 Green 2 Blue 1 Blue 2 Green 3 Red 1 Like this whenever i enter a new name in column A it has to tell th whether the nameis appearing for the first time / 2nd / 3rd etc., can u pl solve this proble -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post >-----Original Message----- >all Hi I am working on exc...

Modify existing custom cell format (Excel 2000)
I have a worksheet that includes a number of custom formats that are applied throughout to various cells. Is it possible to change an existing custom format so that all those cells that use it are automatically changed. For example, one of these formats is of type 0.00 "Deg" and I want to change it so that cells using this format show values with the degree symbol "�" instead. Since Excel doesn't seem to have a "find and replace" format feature, how can I make such a global change without individually selecting each applicable cell and applying a new format? ...

Old Excel doc + PW Protection
Hello everyone, I am trying to open an old Excel document (was probably written with Excel 4 or 5) in Excel for OS X, that have password protection on (Excel ask for a password everytime I open it, and of course I know the Password). I want to take the PW off, so I click on the Tools menu + Protection... But Unprotect option is not available, like if the Protection feature was never activated. Is there a way to disable this using a utiltysoft like BBEdit or something else. Thanks Martin Hi There is more than one place to protect an Excel workbook. In your case, it is the file that is pro...

Linking many EXCEL tables into a long WORD document
Would anyone have direct experience with linking lots of Excel tables into complicated Word reports - say 100 tables into a 100 page document? I tried this years ago shortly after OLE came out, but the document's links got confused, with Excel occasionally getting confused about which worksheet tab and range belonged in which Word table. This was not a case of my error, nor of corrupted files due to crashes, but was confirmed as a problem with Excel by a person knowledgable of its codes and bugs back then. Needless to say, I stopped aiming at having these live links in my docum...

Charts in Excel
I am sort of new to excel. I use the spread sheet to track network up and down time. I have two diffrent workbooks, one for lan and one for wan. I keep years of data in the workbooks, but only want to see 6months on the charts. How do I set up the chart so all i have to so is add the weeks line and the chart is generated for 6 months and I dont have to do it manually? thank you in advance for any help you can offer. Jon Peltier has information on creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html Tom wrote: > I am sort of new to excel. I use the sp...

more KompoZer annoyance
Yesterday I posted a note regarding Vista Home Prem complaining that KompoZer-0.7.10.exe did not have a valid signature. It was suggested that KompoZer was polluted and I should download a fresh copy. ... No problem. ... I downloaded a fresh copy. original KompoZer-0.7.10-win32.zip new copy KompoZer-0.7.10-win32.zip A file comparison of the original and the fresh copy shows that they are identical. Just to be sure, I erased the old copy C:\Program Files\KompoZer-0.7.10\... and then tried to use WinZip 8 to extract and re-install. If you double click ...

excel table help
Name Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7 Bill Buffalo Pittsburgh Utica Jacksonville Buffalo Houston Dallas George Pittsburgh Buffalo Dallas Seattle Indy Carolina Miami Lisa Mark Cherie Nicole Sue What I want is this in the main spreadsheet. The users from week to week pick a city. (preferably picking cities from some sort of table) So that the spelling etc. is consistent. THE CATCH is no user can pick the same city twice. So if you look at user BILL they picked BUFFALO in Week 1 and BUFFALO aga...

Export Excel Chart to .gif or .png file
then I used to select and copy individual charts in an Excel file and paste them into PhotoDraw to create .gif and .png files. Recently I lost access to PhotoDraw (a dictated productivity enhancment) and am wondering what current product MS has to replace this functionality? If you don't feel like programming, use John Walkenbach's Chart Tools utility (free from http://j-walk.com) to export your charts. If you're not afraid of a little VBA, check out the Chart.Export method. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solu...

Highly annoying namespace problem
I've the following code, taken from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml02172003.asp to select a node from RSS file. However, I'm always getting a null returning for the SelectSingleNode(), when trying to load a RSS 1.0 document, (which has a default namespace) why? if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("RDF") && feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI.Equals("http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-s yntax-ns#")) { NamespaceUri = "http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"; } else if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals(&qu...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

how to import excel chart and table in visio
i have prepared diagrams, and illustrations in microsoft excel(using lines, rectangles etc). i want to import the table in visio and use the superior graphic abilities of visio. please advise on how to do this. Just copy and paste into visio. Then select the pasted image and ungroup with "Shape=>Grouping=>Ungroup". "S N" <uandme72@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:uk8mvPNEIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >i have prepared diagrams, and illustrations in microsoft excel(using lines, >rectangles etc). > i want to import the table in visio an...

Sharing Excel templates
I have several spreadsheets used for investing and an Auto MPG calculator I would share with others. Can they be emailed to Microsoft for review and added to the Office Download site? ...

Excel 2000 STILL hangs on sort
I still cannot understand why I am the only person on this whole planet who seems to have problems sorting Excel spreadsheets. I simply cannot imagine what it is about my system that is unique. As I have repeatedly griped without getting any useful response: 1) I cannot sort any spreadsheet where the data contains a question mark 2) I cannot sort moderate spreadsheets (>2500 rows) where the data includes the results of a subtraction. The bypass for the first problem is to remove all question marks (by searching for '~?'). The bypass for the second problem is to co...

number rounding in MS Excel

How do I reactivate "Save On Exit" in Excel 2007?
How do I reactivate "Save On Exit" in Excel 2007? It seems to have been turned off somehow. Thanks, Tom You mean Warn you to save on exit? You running a macro to disable that warning perhaps? Tom Edelbrok wrote: > How do I reactivate "Save On Exit" in Excel 2007? It seems to have been > turned off somehow. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Tom > > No, no macro. When I make changes to an Excel 2007 spreadsheet and close it, it no longer asks me to save. It just closes without saving. I want ...

Refresh Excel Webpage
I have an Excel spreadsheet comprised of 9 worksheets. I need to be abl to save as a webpage and allow a number of individuals open the web pag an keep it open. While open, the page needs to be refreshed frequentl since the spreadsheet is updated constantly. I have tried adding th following: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="15"> but each time the the spreadsheet updated and saved as a webpage th file is over written thus no refresh code. I have tried creating a webpage with a frame but when the pag refreshes the frame does not, though F5 will refresh the pag...

Excell 2003
I have a spreadsheet that ends at Q24..is there anyway that all the cells after Q24 are not shown. I think what I am trying to accomplish is saving option but I am not sure Thanks for any help One way: Type 25:65536 in the Name box (at the left end of the formula bar). Hit enter to select the rows. Choose Format/Rows/Hide. Type R:IV in the Name box. Hit Enter. Choose Format/Columns/Hide In article <797C5100-4F9B-40E7-B056-506DB6203E46@microsoft.com>, "Missy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that ends at Q24..is t...

Event ID: 2012 / 2013 SMTPSVC [ANNOYING ANNOYING ANNOYING]
I get these errors every hour on the hour for the past week. My logs look nasty with all these reds and yellows...me no likey, MS plz fix. thank you. Ode to Event ID: 2012 and 2013 Stop errors are Red Warning are yellow If I get more of these errors my server will not say HELO Event Type: Warning Event Source: smtpsvc Event Category: None Event ID: 2012 Date: 4/27/2004 Time: 6:57:22 AM User: N/A Computer: CASEYEXCH Description: SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '10.0.0.25'. The protocol used was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible. For more information, see Help...

Importing number format problem in Excel
I am trying to import numbers from a table in Access that is stored as a number format into Excel and Excel does not recognize the numbers as numbers. I have to manually convert the numbers format via the Excel error checking tool everytime. I have this problem when trying to paste any type of number format in Excel. How can I change the default settings in Excel to recognize number formats and automatically paste them in as numbers? I am using Excel XP in case it matters. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has posted a couple of techniques for fixing this after the fact: http://groups.go...

Why is Excel being opened in Outlook?
I emailed an Excel file to a colleague. It was sent as an attachment in Thunderbird. The recipient - who uses Outlook - saved the spreadsheet to disk. Now if she tries to launch the file (either from Explorer or from within Excel itself), it actually opens up inside Outlook and starts to create an email message. This only occurs if Outlook is already active. It also only occurs with some of the spreadsheets that I sent her. Ideas? You sure your colleague isn't just seeing the "envelop". File|send to|and see if "mail recipient" is depressed. JW wrote: > > ...

Excel backup file
I have an excel file that always created a backup copy (.xlk) when it’s save. This allows the label program to use the backup file without interfere with the user updating the actual file. In Excel 97 it works perfect because when the label program using the backup file and someone try to save the xls, it will display “backup file will not be save” but it allows the xls to be saved. But Excel 2000 or xp it does not allow xls to be saved if the backup file is in use. Any suggestions how I can get around this problem? Instead of using the backup, how about just saving the workbook wit...

Excel 2000 #9
Is there a way to change the date format in footers and headers.?.these two items do not seem to pick up the formatting specified for the individual cells. David H. David Excel in any version uses the Short Date format from Windows Regional settings in headers/footers. You can make some minor changes in Regional settings but not too much. How about a macro to add the date in any format you choose? Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, mmmm-dd-yyyy") End With End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Feb 2008...

Excel "Micorosft Query" from Access (Too Many Parameters)
• In Access I can enter a dynamic parameter that is read into a query (sql statement) - - the parameter is usually in a form page, example “month” • I then utilize the Data tab in Excel – from other sources “Microsoft Query” • If I have a hard coded parameter it pulls data from Access just fine, but if I have a dynamic parameter it refuses and says “too many parameters expected” – • My question is – is there a work around? -- Regards, Donica ...