and also, how to run a function upon selection of validation list box

I forgot to mention.
What if I would like to do something after the person chooses 'red' (see my
value to all rows with some common criteria, say category = dresses etc.

How to do?
I know vba from access .

Thanks again for your help.

0
dannywork5 (17)
7/27/2004 10:44:44 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Outlook exiting box hangs forever
Hello, Running Outlook 2000 on exchange 2000. If the outlook is open for couple days and when i close it, exiting box hangs forever. But, if I open and close outlook right away or within couple hours, it exits fine. Any ideas? kirit Do you have it set to synch offline folders? If yes, and you have received a lot of mail and only have it set to sync on shutdown, it will, of course, take more time after a couple of days worth of items need to be synched. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to...

Re-run Forestprep on Exchange2003?
I'm experiencing a problem with creating Address Books, exactly as outlined in KB875300. The stated solution is to re-run Forestprep. Is there any prep work I need to do for this, and should I expect any problems afterwards? We are a mixed mode 2003 single forest with 3 domains. We have 2 E2K3 and one 5.5 server running. Dan The standard rules apply. Make sure you have a recent backup of AD. Other than that you should not expect any problems. Nue "DanGainey" <DanGainey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B9BFD8F-3B78-434B-ADD4-46BF39A18454@microsof...

Change Value on Combo Box upon event
Is there a way that I can change the value on a Combo Box to the last record in its record source? I have a combo box that displays Fiscal Years, from 2000 to Current fiscal year 2007. Users can select any year they wish to pull data from based on the year selected. However, I want the combo Box to change its value to the current Fiscal year (which is the last record presented to them when they select the drop down) based on a specific event. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks! heyy try: Me.CourseID = Me.CourseID.ItemData(Me.CourseID.ListCount - 1) cheers jeff "Angel_G" ...

CountIF function #3
I wonder how possible it is to count the number of cells with a date depending on the result of another cell in the same row without using a Pivot Table. Ie, If I wanted to count the number of times Bread was delivered on 01/03/07, how would I be able to do this? Thanks! RM to count =sumproduct((a2:a22=b1)*(b2:b22="bread")) to sum col c based on the criteria =sumproduct((a2:a22=b1)*(b2:b22="bread")*c2:c22) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "RussianMonkey" <RussianMonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2881B...

Problem with "Search box" in Help window
We are using Excel 2003 on XP. This problem is occuring for all users. When you click Help-Microsoft Excel Help, and try to type in the Search for: box under Assistance, the text is inserted into the spreadsheet instead. The only way you can manage to enter any text into this box is to copy it, then right-click paste it into that box (Edit-Paste and Ctrl+V do not work) I can't find anything in the kbase (except for the tip about pasting). What is up with this? ...

If function #6
how can I create an If function that if its false it will bring back the same cell its in? Thanks in advance. Ail, You can't. The cell can contain a value, or a formula, not both. You need to put that in a nother cell. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ali" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052c01c3da26$5c0a09c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how can I create an If function that if its false it will > bring back the same cell its in? > >...

chkdsk
Server 2003 with a 4 drive RAID (500 Gb each drive). One of the drives went south (Western Digital Caviar Black) and when the system came back up a folder was reported as corrupted and inaccessable so I set CHKDSK to run and restarted the machine. 8 hours later it has found one error in an index but still no signs of finishing up anytime soon. Is there any way to fix these errors that doesn't involve taking a server down for an entire day? http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/storage/getstorfacts.mspx Fiction: Check disk (CHKDSK) takes too long. Fact: CHKDSK...

Selecting a large range of cells?
I'm not too strong with Excel so this might be an easy question. I have a large workbook with about 50K rows and about 100 columns. I need to sort this large range of data by different columns from time to time. I know how to sort it by just holding down the left mouse button and dragging the highlighted area to include the range. Then I go to "data" / "Sort". This just takes way too long to do each time for a range this size. I hope there is a better way to include this large range without having to "grab" it all manually. Is there? THANKS. Type ...

Quick Campaign Notes do not list in the contact directly
Hi, I have no glue if I do make something wrong or this is by design: When I make notes to a contact within a quickcampaign this note is not in the history and it is also not in the main notes of the contact. IMHO notes to a contact of anything should be found in the main notes, no matter where the come from. (Is there a filter or something I could change - if it is that way) best regards Antonio ...

Outlook Coding
I have code to send emails progamtically from a module in Excel 2000 using OUtlook 2000, but now I need to have the code select 1 of 5 different email addresses and potentially a different mail server. Any ideas? --------------------------------- Set NewMail = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objmail = NewMail.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objmail .To = Email .Subject = "Quotes for " & Name .Body = emailtext .Send End With Set NewMail = Nothing Set objmail = Nothing ---------------------------------- Submitted...

Exchange Global Address List
I have a user whos information i entered. after everything was said and done, he wanted his full name along with initials to appear in the GAL. i changed the display name in AD and took those steps, but when I pull his name up in outlook 2003, its still just his name that i entered before. Is there a way to force this update? you're certain you modified the display name? are you running in cached mode? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jerry" <jay_pee_36@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1170778214.249747.96530@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I have a user whos infor...

Validation #6
I am working on a Validation List In cell D13, I want user to key in only letters A, B, C, D, or E and all should be in CAPITAL LETTERS. I use the formula below in =(EXACT(D13,UPPER(D13))) I got the Capital Letter part, but other letters can still be keyed in other than A-E. Please advise me, thank you. ...

confused by COLUMN worksheet function
I have seen a worksheet containing the following VLOOKUP formula: =VLOOKUP($C$27,$C$63:$N$82,COLUMN(B1)) This is a lookup table for discount factors, column C listing the discount rates in % starting at C63. What is the purpose/result of using COLUMN(B1)?? It's for copying the formula across and get the lookup index column number to increase, it returns the column number, in this case 2 for column B and copied one cell to the right it will return 3 thus changing the column where vlookup will pick the value from -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "KG" <KG@discussions.microsof...

Remove blank entries from a list box either using VBA or basic formula #3
Thanks Debra Havent thought about using dynamic ranges before.....I am a bit of Excel learner. I shall look into this as you suggest. Thanks again Celtic_avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27183 ...

Remove mailbox from Everyone distribution list?
I have a mailbox user that I do NOT want to be part of the "everyone" distribution list. I don't want to make it a "hidden" mailbox since I do want people to send emails to him. Any ideas if this is possible? I'm on Exch 5.5 in a Windows 2000 environment. thanks "Pablo" <pmosca@citizensconferencing.com> wrote in news:1fdc01c44a45 $8113e4e0$7d02280a@phx.gbl: > I have a mailbox user that I do NOT want to be part of > the "everyone" distribution list. I don't want to make it > a "hidden" mailbox since I do want...

Long running STSADM backups
Hi, My organization has about 81 site collections (approx. 120GB of Content DB size) that need to be backed up daily. Site definitions, master pages and navigation have been heavily customized. I have scripted the backup in a .VBS file as follows: 1. Enumerate the sites using "STSADM -o enumerate" command. 2. Output from step #1 above is XML, so I load the XML into DOM document and parse it. 3. Within a For...Next loop, I extract the "URL" portion of the XML above and construct the "STSADM -o backup" command. 4. Execute this with Wscript.Exe...

Selecting Multiple Shapes and Lines
In Excel 2003, lines and shapes could easily be selected by clicking on the arrow in the drawings menu and drawings a box around the objects. I am now using Excel 2007, but have not found anywhere to change the coursor from the standard cross to a pointer. Is this one of the features that did not get transfered over, or have I just not found it yet? Thanks for the help. If I understood your question - try this: In the Ribbon - Click 'Home' > at the far end 'Edit' section > click on 'Search & Choose' > in the sub-menu click 'choose object...

change display font to actual selected font
My excel worksheet is using the font comic sans ms although in the Normal page layout, the font used is Arial. In the format toolbar, comic sans ms is selected and when the sheet is printed, it appears correctly. What's your zoom level? If you change the zoom factor to 100% does it look ok? If yes, then maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. From the Start button, choose Run 2. Type regedit then click OK 3. Click the + sign to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER 4. Open ...

multiple cascading combo boxes* not the usual.
Hello, I am having a problem with multiple cascading combo boxes... yet this isn't the usual situation thoroughly covered by many posts. I wasn't able to find this elsewhere. What I have is a category combo box than changes the products combo box- this part is working fine. However what I want is a category combo box that when updated, updates the three product combo boxes below. What I am aiming at getting is to have the user select a major category and up to three products within that category which will be stored into a table. Is this the best option or is there a way to use a ...

Frequency function
I was wondering if anyone could be of assistance with the frequency function in excel. I am trying to reduce data so that i can find out the number of times a particular results occurs. Every time i use the frequency function it either repeats the previous cell or returns the culumative frequency, can anyone help please? Hi! Countif or Sumproduct are less complicated! You need to provide some details. Biff "Pritesh" <Pritesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E04CA99D-F8BE-4BEF-9384-EF72B8930993@microsoft.com... >I was wondering if anyone could be of ...

Combo Box Lookup 07-14-07
How Do I Create a Combo Box Lookup, which only shows me related drawings to which project ive selected in my enquiry, Query? the drawings are in a related table to a project table? Hello, Assuming you have a Form with a field to select the Project and the ComboBox lookup field. In the AfterUpdate event of the Project field set the Combo Box's row source to a query which filters records in your drawings tables with the related record in your Projects table. The SQL statement (to query the records) would look something like this: "SELECT tblDrawings.somefield1, tblDrawings.somef...

Page visible when check box marked
Hello, I would like to page on the form with is fileds be visable when checkbox on the formis marked. How to code the check box? regards, -- Krzysiek If I understand your question correctly, you want certain fields on your form to be visible when a checkbox is checked. Try this code in the form's On Load event: If Me.CHECKBOX = True Then Me.FIELD1.Visible = True Me.FIELD2.Visible = True Else Me.FIELD1.Visible = False Me.FIELD2.Visible = False End If You will need to change CHECKBOX to the name...

Index-Match, with Like or some other Function
I have two lists, one with Stock Symbol and Sector (Column A and B), the other with Stock Symbol and Price (Column D & E). I'm trying to figure out how to lookup a Symbol in Column A, where there could be TGH.N and find all matches in Column D, where the Symbols could be TGH.N, as well as TGH.400, TGH.500, and TGH.600. The logic is, the first part of the symbol, up to the period, will be the same. For instance, EL.400 and EL.500 are in the same sector and EL.N, EL.400, and EL.500 are all in the same sector. I want to lookup EL.N, EL.400, and EL.500 and find stock pric...

.prf files incompatible with multiple Global Address lists
I m running an Exchange 2003 organization across 2 domains. We have 2 exchange servers. One server hosts mailboxes for one company while the other server hosts multiple organizations(companies). Both servers are under the same administrative group. We've created 1 Global Address List (GAL) for each company according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/ . We want to use .prf files to automatically configure Outlook 2003 profiles. The problem I'm running into is that .prf files seem to only use one of the company's GALs to find valid mailboxes. If the user is in another...

Setting indent in bullet lists
I am using Word 07. It used to be that while typing in a numbered list I could hit enter which would create the next level and then hit tab to automatically indent the number to a new sub level or hit shift+tab to backspace the number to a higher level. I have somehow managed to kill this setting and must manually indent now. I can't find how to set it back. Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type: Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, ...