amortization tables

how do i create amortization tables in Excel 2003
0
Mpho (1)
5/10/2008 10:46:00 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can either create one yourself with Excel's financial functions; see

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011117451033.aspx

or use one of many templates, like these:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=amortization&av=TPL000

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Mpho" <Mpho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A31A72-2793-402D-A1D1-FA45B6D64920@microsoft.com...
| how do i create amortization tables in Excel 2003

0
nicolaus (2022)

Filer within Pivot Table
Hi, Using Windows 2000 and Excel 2000 I have created a pivot table which correctly shows the data returned, however, I don't want to show entries where the total (sum of data) is equal to 0 (a zero). I've tried to turn on Filter but this option isn't available. Any pointers most welcome. Rob Debra Dalgleish has written code for this http://groups.google.es/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel*&scoring=d&lr=lang_en&hl=en search for hide zero value pivot table and in author put Debra Dalgleish -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Ro...

pivot tables #5
I am trying to change the order in how the tables display. I don't want an accending or decending alpha order as it is set up now. I would like to pick and choose how I want them listed. How do I change the order? Select Item in Pivot table for which you want to change order, right click, select Field Settings, select Advanced, click "Manual" sort option, click OK; should be able to drag to arrange order. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to change the order in how the tables >display. I don't want an accending or decending alpha >order as ...

The number of columns for each row in a table value constructor must be the same.?
I have the following script that inserts rows into the table type and sends the table to the DeleteHeadlines stored procedure. 1. The rows listed below that are inserted into the parameter already exist in the table itself. 2. The stored procedure uses a merge to delete all of the rows if they exist in the source/target. 3. I get the following error on line 11: "The number of columns for each row in a table value constructor must be the same." 4. In order, the tables columns are HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,H...

Data Verification: Comparing Two Identical Tables in MS ACCESS
I am using Access for entering a large number of questionanaires and other tests all by hand and in order to reduce errors I am using manual first entry and second entry. I am looking for a way to compare the records in each table against one another and be able to view and edit the discrepancies. It would also be nice if there was a way to limit the results to a specific record. Does anyone have an idea on how it would be possible to make this happen in Access? I have tried the VBA approach using some complicated code I found but it is limiting and I would like to find a way to do it with mi...

Date ranges based on related table
Any tips on best way to do this. I have two tables, related one to many Case--Payments I need a query that finds the last payment for each case and outputs an X in one of three columns based on DateDiff('d',LastPayment,Date()) being 0-30 days, 31-90 days or over 90 days. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". UNTESTED UNTESTED UNTESTED SELECT Case.ID, (SELECT Max([PayDate]) FROM Payments WHERE Case.ID = Payments.ID) AS LastPayment, DateDiff('d', (SELECT Max(...

Tax table too big...
Upon setting the store operations up we have built a web site that goes along side it and our company has presence in 12 states, so our finance dept said we had to charge sales tax in those states by shipping zip code. This makes our tax table about 30k records or so. When the receipt at the pos is generating it takes about 45 seconds on this screen and then prints. If I delete 99% of these rows in the tax table, the rteceipt generates in a second or less. Is there a way to fix this wait time? TIA Okay fixed my own problem... It turns out it took forever on the receipt template po...

Amortization schedule with veriable payments
I need an amortization schedule that allows changing the monthly payment amount. I have a house that I have sold to someone with a contract for deed. I have an amortization schedule, but due to them having some financial probems they have lowered the monthly payment with my permission. That is why I would like to change the payment amount after 2 years of calculated payments. I would appreciate any ideas. Gervis "Gervis" wrote: > I need an amortization schedule that allows > changing the monthly payment amount. Off-hand, I don't know of a free template...

Calculation in a form not entering table
Hi all. I have created a form (Orders Form) to enter some data regarding orders. This form saves the typed data into the table (Orders Table) including the customer's ID and Order ID. All nice and saved into the Orders Table, except from the Total field. Furthermore, I can type any kind of data into every field in the Orders Form, apart from the Total field where i have placed the calculation: =[Subtotal]*[VAT]/100+[Subtotal]. Doing this, i am able to view the total cost including the VAT. Later on, i would like to use the Orders Table for further data withdraw. But, without the tota...

Pivot Table?
I need to be able to report on data within a spreadsheet and allow for this to be customisable by Month / Year. I thought that I could do this with a pivot table but i'm struggling. If I've basically got several rows containing the following data fields: Problem Ref:, Problem Description:, Date Raised: What I want to be able to do is @ the top level of the report - specify month / year raised, this will then filter all of the appropriate records underneath (all fields). Appreciate your help on this one - many thanks, Al Mackay ( mralmackay@aol.com ) So create your table, g...

How to get default values from a table
This seems like a simple matter but I am still having trouble. I have a form that is used to input customer personal data (frmCustInput). I also have a table which I acquired which lists city, state, county, area code, etc. for every zip code in the U.S (tblDistinctZipCodes). Zipcode is the primary key in this table. I want to be able to enter the zip code for a new customer in the form and have his city, state, and area code automatically populate their respective fields in the form. The data from the form is then saved to the customer table (tblCustomer). Hi Charles, > Zipcode is t...

view data from one table update and save to another table
I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending before publishing to the supplier. How do I do this without amending original data which for audit purposes must remain as original. "Bloggsy" <Bloggsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74D11113-3C3F-441F-8031-FA31035ED0B7@microsoft.com... >I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a > form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending > before publish...

table to text in word 2007
word 2003 had a table-to-text function where i could highlight a table and convert it to a tab delimited, etc text block word 2007 has text-to-table, but i cannot find table-to-text. how do convert a word table to a non-table block of text? With your cursor in the table it is in the data section at the right hand end of the layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< &...

amortize
Will MS Money 03 amortize loans and manipulate the numbers? None of the boxes or the salespeople know. Money has a type of account, the Loan Account, for amortized loans. It has a type of transaction, the Loan Payment, that calculates interest expense and Principal Transfer components of each payment. That may or may not answer your question. "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:eHGefFTSFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Will MS Money 03 amortize loans and manipulate the numbers? None of the > boxes or the salespeople know. Money ...

Exporting Ppivot table from Access to Excel
Hi there, (1) I am working with a huge Access database with 346,722 records (2) I created a pivot table in Access and that works (3) Now, I want to export this table to Excel (4) When I try to do this, it says "No Data" and returns a blank Excel page I understand that there is a limitation on the number of lines in Excel (~64K). But, since I have a massive database file, how can I possibly export the Pivot table to Excel? Any comments will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!! rgds Kaushik You can build a series of queries based of the pivot that break the result down to manageab...

External table is not in the expected format
Hi Access 2003 - trying to import some dbf/cdx files On one machine - access 2003 sp1, they import fine. On another machine, also Access 2003 sp1, I get an error 'External table is not in the expected format'. Why would this be so ? Thanks Bruce ...

Accumulate Amortized Expenditures by month
I need some help with an excel sheet and you guys may be the ones to help. I have a list of capital expenditures that I want to amortize over X months. Lets say office equipment is $10,000 and we are amortizing it over 12 months starting 1/1/11. That gives us a monthly cost of $833.33 Total capital expenditures by month 1/1/11 - $833.33 2/1/11 - $833.33 3/1/11 - $833.33 4/1/11 - $833.33 5/1/11 - $833.33 6/1/11 - $833.33 7/1/11 - $833.33 8/1/11 - $833.33 9/1/11 - $833.33 10/1/11 - $833.33 11/1/11 - $833.33 12/1/11 - $833.33 So that is just one expense. No lets say in June we buy more compu...

Amortization table problem
I am trying to set up a dynamic amortization schedule that allows me t change the loan variables (interest rate, length of loan, amount, etc. I am using the PPMT and IPMT functions to calculated the principal an interest payments for each period. My model covers a 30 year tim horizon. The problem occurs when I set the loan time less than 30 years. Fo example, for a 20 year loan I have a line that counts 1, 2, 3, ..., 20 0, 0, to tell the PPMT and IPMT equations which period to calculate. But when it reaches year 21, a zero feeds into the PPMT equation fo time period, resulting in a #NUM...

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...

Amortization calculator
I have a copy of Money 97 that had an amortization calculator included that I absolutely love. My copy of Money 97 will no longer run on my Windows Vista. Does anyone know of any products that have a amortization calculator similar to this one? In microsoft.public.money, shurbyz wrote: >I have a copy of Money 97 that had an amortization calculator included that I >absolutely love. My copy of Money 97 will no longer run on my Windows Vista. > Does anyone know of any products that have a amortization calculator similar >to this one? http://www.bankrate.com/brm/mortgage-ca...

Pivot Table Wizard in 2007
I've recently started using Office 2007. I have 3 pivot tables that I need to update the data source each month. I was able to do this through the options page, however, 2 of the tables are swapping some data and I wanted to look at the wizard (that I'm familiar with) to see what the issue is, but I can't make it appear. Thanks, Jane N;703332 Wrote: > I've recently started using Office 2007. I have 3 pivot tables that I need > to update the data source each month. I was able to do this through the > options page, however, 2 of the tables are sw...

amortization tables
how do i create amortization tables in Excel 2003 You can either create one yourself with Excel's financial functions; see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011117451033.aspx or use one of many templates, like these: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=amortization&av=TPL000 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mpho" <Mpho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A31A72-2793-402D-A1D1-FA45B6D64920@microsoft.com... | how do i create amortization tables in Excel 2003 ...

Items table help
I have a photography business that I am setting up a database for tracking sales by customer, item, demographics etc. I'd like some advise on the items table, I have over a hundred photographs that I currently offer for sale and each photograph is offered in various sizes as well as being a print only, matted or matted and framed. This is going to make the items table quite extensive. This is an example of what I have right now: Item Size Type Moulton Barn 12x24 Print Moulton Barn ...

Pivot Table questions #3
Okay, I'm not that new to Pivot Tables, but normally when I create them, I just live with what I can't figure out. Now I'm wanting to really create some very specific ones. I need two pivot tables that I will be printing essentially as reports. My data looks like this. Store Item Size Qty Price Extension 1 ABC 32 2 9.00 18.00 1 ABC 34 2 9.00 18.00 1 AXX 32 1 10.00 10.00 2 ABC 32 1 9.00 9.00 Okay, what I want is Pivot table that looks like this: Item Size Price Extension 32 34 ABC 3 2 9.00 45.00 AXX 1 10.00 10.00 Total 55.00 So...

Loan amortization #2
In the loan amortizaiton template, how do I change the settings so that the payments are calculated as being paid at year-end rather than at the beginning of the period? ...

multiple validations on a table
Hi, How do I set multiple validations on a table? I know how to set one. Do I need to use VBA code to do this or is there a simple way? Thanks in advance for your help. L. Drolette On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:55:01 -0800, drolette <drolette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >How do I set multiple validations on a table? I know how to set one. Do I >need to use VBA code to do this or is there a simple way? > >Thanks in advance for your help. >L. Drolette A Table Validation rule needs to be a logical expression - which can involve multiple AND and OR clause...