Align Column Data to match row locations

Hello,

I have a problem that needs to be solved in Excel. I have two column
of data, and need to align the information in one column(B), with th
information in another(A).

For example:

Column A Col B

CODE1 CODE4
CODE2 CODE27
CODE3 CODE45
CODE4
onto CODE45

This does not work with a simple data sort since there are space
between the values in Column B that need to be aligned with the correc
row in Column A. Currently the company manually copies and then paste
the correct value in Column B to the correct position in Column B tha
is aligned with its match in Column A.

Cheers and thanks for the help,.

Mar

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Supposing your range is A1:B20
In C1 put =IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$20,A1),A1,"") and fill down to C20

Hope this helps
Fabio Coatis

powderskier9 <powderskier9.ykajm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:<powderskier9.ykajm@excelforum-nospam.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem that needs to be solved in Excel. I have two columns
> of data, and need to align the information in one column(B), with the
> information in another(A).
>
> For example:
>
> Column A Col B
>
> CODE1 CODE4
> CODE2 CODE27
> CODE3 CODE45
> CODE4
> onto CODE45
>
> This does not work with a simple data sort since there are spaces
> between the values in Column B that need to be aligned with the correct
> row in Column A. Currently the company manually copies and then pastes
> the correct value in Column B to the correct position in Column B that
> is aligned with its match in Column A.
>
> Cheers and thanks for the help,.
>
> Mark
>

> ---
fcoatis (8)

I am using excel 2003 and am trying to return a number associated with a column by comparing two columns.
I am using excel 2003 and am trying to return a number associated with a column by comparing two columns. Specifically, in the screenshot linked below, I am trying to populate column D with the number in column F where column E matches column A. Essentially, I want column D to contain the numbers in column H (which I typed as reference only to help you help me!). http://www.series11.net/files/ExcelExample.JPG Thanks in advnace!! >I am using excel 2003 and am trying to return a number associated with > a column by comparing two columns. > > Specifically, in the screenshot linke...

Decimal alignment
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I align decimals in a word document? I know it has something to do with setting tabs, but I can't seem to get it right when I tried to figure it out myself! Thanks so much. Why are you trying to "figure it out" for yourself?... That's what Help is for :-) See the topic: Set tab stops Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/7/10 6:37 PM, in article 59bb26da.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "brielle78@officeformac.com" <brielle78@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: ...

Data Migration Framework in v3
What is known about Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework in v3. We possibly will need it to migrate data from Vantive Hi Valdas, Last information that has reached me, was that the data migration framework will appear some weeks after GA. Until then you can use Scribe software or create your own import program. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Valdas Zagorskas" wrote: > What is known about Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework in v3. We possibly > will need it to migrate data from Vantive ...

Validation function under DATA Menu
List of selection data font was not as cell font formating. Is there any way that we can change font size in list. Good info on that subject here at Debra Dalgleish'a site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal08.html#Font Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:51:03 -0800, Asanny <Asanny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >List of selection data font was not as cell font formating. Is there any way >that we can change font size in list. Maybe you could adjust the zoom level of the view. Asanny wrote: > > List of selection data font was not as cell font ...

Data Validation
Sorry for reposting this, but still got no solution for this. Help please ?? ============================ Hi guys, I have user input on cell A1 and check cell on B1 After User enter his data on A1 and if the data is correct, manager fill CELL B1 to confirm the entry. After the manager fill CELL B1, we do not want any user to change A1, before deleting B1 first. What formula should I use in DATA VALIDATION to prevent deleting data on Cell A1, when B1 is not empty? Thanks in advance ============================== "JLatham" wrote: > Use 'Custom&...

Delete same columns in every worksheet
Is there a way to delete the same columns (A & B) in every worksheet in the workbook? Thanks, John Hi John - this will work unless there are bits of a pivot table or merged cells in columns A & B Sub deletecols() Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets sh.Columns(1).Delete sh.Columns(1).Delete Next End Sub Cheers JulieD "Books4Sale" <Books-4-Sale@ebay.com> wrote in message news:D%IVc.120118$ZN2.36373@fe60.usenetserver.com... > Is there a way to delete the same columns (A & B) in every worksheet in the > workbook? > >...

Placing a SUM amount into a column
Hi, I have the following query SELECT JobName, count (*) as 'RunNumber' FROM Jobs WHERE JobStatus = 0 group by JobName compute SUM (count (*)) In my case SUM has to calculate the total of all count(*) but I need for it to appear in the column next to RunNumber and I need to be able to assign a column name to SUM on the fly. I know I can not do this: compute SUM (count (*)) as 'total' So, what would be my alternative? T. Here is one method: SELECT JobName, RunNumber, SUM(RunNumber) OVER() AS total FROM ( SELECT JobName, COUNT(*) AS RunNumber FROM ...

Wrong dates in LAST PAID column??
When viewing my 'Manage scheduled bills and deposits' the 'Last Paid' column does not always reflect the last payment date, it sometimes shows the one before last. I can double click an item and the message in the pop-up box accurately reflects the last payment date. Does anybody know an easy way to make that 'Last Paid' column reflect the actual last payment? THANKS!! Gee, is this the same question you posted 25 hours ago? Normally, posting multiple times decreases your chances of getting any help from me, but in the spirit of the holidays and since your other...

Appending the rows of several tabs in xls sheets?
Is it possible to append all the rows of several tabs into one sheet? We are getting inventories in excel files organized in several tabs: 1st Tab: instructions for the users 2nd Tab: information about the country (currency, tax rate, etc) 3rd Tab: inventory of one site within the country ....to... All tabs have the same format (5 rows header, then identical Nth Tab: rows containing data about one item per row. The name of each tab 3 to N is the site name (company code). N is of course different for each country, and the number of lines in each site inventory is also variable (but they a...

Four-up postcards not aligned right
I'm using Publisher 2003 to print postcards four to a page. They are "off" by about 1/4 inch to the left. This isn't awful for the two postcards on the left side of the page, but the two on the right side of the page are unusable. How do I fix this problem? I used Publisher's postcard format, 4.25" by 5.5". I've tweaked the postcard size down a bit in Page Setup (to 5.35") in order to insert a .1" side margin and a .2" gap between the two postcards (it's called a "horizontal gap," based on a portrait orientation, even ...

Data Migration Question 02-19-04
OK, Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post about migrating from one domain to another (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a sp? ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl% 253E) I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM system to a simulated production environment (My project manager needs to know how long it is going to take next month when we go live.) Realistically all I really want to migrate is: PriceLevelBase ProductBase ProductPriceLevelBase Subj...

Concatenate text from columns
How can I concatenate text in colB? ColA has 2 markers C and * Whenever C is followed by * I need to unite the text fields in ColB So, for the data below I want ColA ColB C Text1 Text1a C Text2 Text2a Text2b Text2c ColA ColB C Text1 * Text1a cont'd C Text2 * Text2a cont'd * Text2b cont'd * Text2c cont'd C Text3 Hope this makes sense! Thbe easy method is to use a fromula in the worksheet. Something like this in cell C1 =if(A2="*",B1&B2,"") Then copy formula down column C Next Copy colum...

Excel will not allow me to change alignment
I have a worksheet in which Excel does not allow me to change the alignment of a range of cells from, say, left-justified to centered. I am experienced with Excel/VBA and have not seen this before. The cells are not protected and do contain numerical data. If I add a leading apostrophe to the cell values to have them treated as strings, I can then align the cells however I like. When those cells contain numerical data, Excel will not allow me to change the alignment from left-justified, regardless of whether I use a toolbar, the Format tab, or VBA. Any ideas? -- zalcjm ---------------...

Adding up a column in a worksheet
I'm having trouble figuring how to add up a column that meet a condition in Sheet1 and having the results show in Sheet 2. Example of what I'm trying to do: Month Amount Category Jan 523.00 JOB1 Jan 121.00 JOB2 Jan 75.00 JOB1 Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Maybe something like this: Sum of Job1 for Jan: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!A1:A100="Jan"),--(Sheet1!C1:C100="Job1"),Sheet1!B1:B100) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Joseph" <Joseph@...

Document data variable "needs stack frame"
My View Class includes a private member which is a pointer to my Document. If I call a public function in my View Class from my MainFrame, I can access the variables in my Document class. However, when that function calls another public function in the same View class, the second function can't access the Document variables. It causes Access Violation 0xC0000005. I was using the debugger to try & monitor the variables in the Document, and it displayed the message "CXX0069 variable needs stack frame" I could get around this by passed the required data to the second functi...

Multi-column lookup
Lets say I have a table with 3 columns of independent variables and one column of dependent data. An example might be: Shape Color Size Price ------------------------------- Square Red Small 1.50 Circle Green Med 2.00 Triangle Green Small 4.50 How do I lookup the price of (say) a Medium Green Circle? =INDEX(Price_Range,MATCH(1,(Size_Range="Med")*(Colour_Range="Green")*(Shape_Range="Circle"),0)) entered with ctrl + shift & enter change the hard coded values like "Green" etc to cell references where you would ...

Align
In a cell, Why are texts aligned to the left and numbers aligned to the right in MS Excel spreadsheet? That's the standard for Spreadsheets. Comes in handy when you THINK a cell houses a number and it's left aligned by default. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983520B3-6FA0-4D96-B370-70057F717A55@microsoft.com... > In a cell, Why are texts aligned to the left and numbers aligned to the > right > in MS Excel spreadsheet? hi microsoft chose this as default to mimic ...

adjusable columns in original dynamics windows
adjusable columns in original dynamics windows, that you can sort on and size properly. Is there a way to post a screenshot to show you what i'm on about ?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

how to name a column

moving alternating rows to a column with the order staying the sam
I am working on a sheet that has more 11000+ rows. I need to move alternating rows to a column without having to do it manually. However, currently A1 correspondes with A2, A3 with A4, etc. How can I move it from: address1 switch#1 address2 switch#2 to: address 1 switch#1 address 2 switch#2 address 3 switch#3 one way In B1 place the formula =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,A2,"") Copy it all the way to the bottom - you should get alternating rows where the switch # lines up next to the correct address# If so, copy the entire column B, the Edit>Paste Special Values If you ne...

How do I append data in several cells in one column
How do I append data in several cells in one column? I have a situation where I have several worksheet with approximately 2000 records on each worksheet. I have to append the data in 2 of the several columns of information. I cannot permanently change the formatting of the documents. I am looking for something that can be done on a large scale with a minimum of keystrokes. I have tried concatenation, but when I delete the reference cell, the program faults out. I would appreciate any help.. Explain your appendage. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Tim" <T...

Pie chart source data
The "Source Data" menu item is greyed out for my pie chart. Is there any way to confirm the source of the data that is driving the pie chart? I would rahter not utilize a "trial-and-error" method. Thanks Select the chart and click on one of the wedges. In the formula bar (above the column labels), there is a formula which tells where the data came from. It looks like this: =SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$6,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$6,1) where the four arguments refer to the series name, the X values (category labels), the Y values, and the plot order. More on the series f...

Unable to hide columns
I am trying to hide some columns which have no data, but get a message: "Cannot shift objects off sheet" I'm not trying to delete the column, simply trying to hide it. And I can't find any objects in the column in the first place. I appreciate any explanation Thank you, Tony Bender Do you have any Comments in the cells? See this KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211769 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:19:30 -0700 (PDT), Tony Bender <tony_bender@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am trying to h...

How to show data between two dates?
I have a list of tenants and the dates they moved in and out of their flats. I need to show which weeks within a specific period that the flats were filled - either by showing the tenants intials or a tick. A B C D E F G H Unit No Client Start End 04-01 11-01 18-01 25-01 1 JB 23-11 06-02 JB 2 GK 05-01 GK GK GK GK 3 LB 01-12 28-02 LB LB LB LB Does anybody know how is best to do this? We've tried using an IF formula but it doesn't work if their is a start and end date. ...