Advanced filter result showing blank columns

Hi,

The data list on which I applied advanced filter had some empty cells here
and there. The generated advanced filter listbased on criteria range had some
columns which were totally blank. What went wrong? Any help. I am using excel
2007.

TIA
0
shabutt (12)
1/19/2009 6:25:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

My criteria range was not correct. My mistake. Sorry for inconvenience.
Extremly sorry for posting question.

"shabutt" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The data list on which I applied advanced filter had some empty cells here
> and there. The generated advanced filter listbased on criteria range had some
> columns which were totally blank. What went wrong? Any help. I am using excel
> 2007.
>
> TIA
0
shabutt (12)

filter by selection 08-23-07
Why I can't make filter by selection on subform on Main Form ...

OL2003
Howdy y'all, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you would be able to get online updates to the Junk Mail filter in Outlook 2003. I can't find anything on officeupdate or in the help files about obtaining junk mail filter updates. The reason I ask, is over the past two weeks, I've noticed a dramatic increas in the number of junk mails that get by the built in filter. Some of them are obvious, like Subject: "Hey how are fdlakjdls " Emails like this used to get captured. Now I'm having to "Add Sender to Junk Mail list" wh...

Show quantity for different table
Below are my table: Main Table PartNumber(pk) Incoming Bil (pk) PartNumber Quantity Loan LoanID PartNumber Quantity So, I need to have a query to show all the quantity as below structure. If the part number quantity exists in incoming but not in kanban, it will show kanban quantity 0 PartNumber Incoming Loan 1111-1111 10 12 2222-2222 10 5 3333-3333 10 0 -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmo...

EXCEL Columns headers
When I open Excel Rows and Columns are both located by numbers. How to get Columns headers located by letters and Rows located by numbers? Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jean-Yves" <jycatry@camnet.com.kh> wrote in message news:0cec01c381f0$b337d260$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I open Excel Rows and Columns are both located by > numbers. How to get Columns headers located by letters and > Rows located by numbers? ...

Formula for 3 columns
Example as to a formula I need Add Subtract Balance Column C Column I Column J $1000 -$500 =$500 All columns are set up to start with row C14 and finish with C100 I column starts with row I14 and finish with I 100 J column starts with row J14 and finish with J100 Columns C & I presently have amounts in each cell. Where there are no actual amounts, I have $0.00 to fill cell Column J has no figures at all except all cells have $0.00 Could someone please create a formula for me that would give me a continous running balance in ...

Saving Windows Explorer "search results"
How do I save to file the actual search results (file names and details) from a search for files in Windows Explorer. When I save, all that is saved is the "keyword" for the search. I am using WinXP Home edition SP3. Let me Google that for you. http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=save+search+results+xp "PSRumbagh" <PSRumbagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C0A2482-287F-4E9C-A49B-69AE245361C7@microsoft.com... > > How do I save to file the actual search results (file names and details) > from > a search for files in Windows Ex...

Counting lines when using a filter
After using a filter to view certain rows of a spreadsheet, is there a way to get an accurate count of how many rows are shown by either clicking and dragging the mouse over the selection or clicking on the first row and then shift-click on the last row? Thanks in advance, Hagan How about using SUBTOTAL function -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "hagan" <hagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9264E3D-5869-4371-BED7-0DBF18712832@microsoft.com... > After using a filter to view certain rows of a spreadsheet, is there a way to > get an ...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

Sorting filtered list on form with a Command Button
I have a form CLIENTLIST. When I open this form it runs the query qryClientLst. One of the fields in the query named ClientID has the criteria "Like [Enter Client Number]". When I open the form CLIENTLIST I'm prompted to "Enter Client Number". When I do the form opens and only the files with the client number I entered appear. So basically it's a filtered form. All of this works fine. I created a command button above the column ClientId on my form so my users can click on the button and sort Ascending or Descending. Below is my code for this. My only...

Electronic update shows different Ledger balance than bank
I have an account where my Bank's Ledger is being displayed as a higher value than my Adjusted balance in Money 2005. The thing is, my Adjusted balance IS correct and the Bank's website shows that same ammount as my REAL Ledger. Any Ideas? Other accounts from that bank are working fine, but they have far fewer transactions. ...

Calculation based on results of 2 expressions
I have a field called Reoffense Counter and a field called Counter, where Counter is the total count of all the records, and Reoffense Counter is the total of only those records where a new offense has taken place. Each of these fields contains a "1" where appropriate, so they can be counted. I want to find out what percentage of the records contain a Reoffense, so I think I would want to divide Reoffense Counter by Counter. I haven't been able to come up with the correct expression to use in my report. Can you help? In this query use your table and field name...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

How to filter lower case characters in an edit control?
Hi to all, I created a class that enherits from CEdit and overrode its OnChar() message handler to intercept the entered keys and filter only those that are lower case. It also verifies if an entered key is upper case to convert it to lower case and filter it. Everything works good except the conversion from upper to lower case. The problem is that even if the OnChar() handler does convert the character to lower case, the character is still displayed in the edit box as it was entered, i.e. in upper case. Please note that if I remove the line: "nChar = tolower(nChar);", the u...

An Array To Sort Blank Cell
I'd like to create an array to place values in column A into Column B and remove blank cell from column A. Example:data in column "A" has blank cell at A2, I'd like to have column "B" show the values and elimate the blank cell. A............B 4............4 blank.......5 5............6 6 Your assistance is appreciated. Travelersway -- travelersway ------------------------------------------------------------------------ travelersway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Junk filter: CRAP!
Hi, I have upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook XP a couple of weeks ago. At first, I thought that the junk filter was good. Well, that was after a few hours of using OL. Now, after a couple of weeks and an average of 150 messages per day (of which more than 80% is junk), I can tell that the junk filter does a VERY poor job! I used to use PopFile and I was able to get a success rate of 99%. I am definitely very far from that figure with OL 2k3. I tried the low level setting (i.e. the default). Needless to say that (apart from no automatic filtering), it's the worst setting. I then deci...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

Counting & Filters
Hi All, Hoping somebody can help me here. I have forgotten how to create a formula which will tell me how many rows are visible after setting a filter. I would like to know the results to calculate the number of call types made in a day by changing the filter and returning a result. Tom Westlake Hi Tom See the help for the Subtotal worksheet function -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Tom Westlake" <tomwest@primus.ca> wrote in message news:rae174p5pe7fjsk3ucut1r4dd71mhf0t7f@4ax.com... > Hi All, > > Hoping somebody can help me here. ...

Show complete record in continuous forms
I have had the same issue for a while but don't know if there can be anything done about it. Continous forms have a sloppy look when when you have too many records to show on one page. Is there any kind of coding that can be done to give functionality like a report has where records stay together. I know reports and forms are apples and oranges but just wondering if there is a way to give a form a better look and not show half of a record at the bottom when it is opened up. I'm guessing not but if there are any ideas... Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonst...

Stacked crosstab query
I have a crosstab query that compiles data for Months of the year. I have a stacked select query on top of that crosstab query that uses the latest 2 months data and exports it to a fixed length flat file. Ideally I would like to be able to just select the Last 2 Columns of the Crosstab query as inputs to the Select query WITHOUT having to go in month after month and manually change it... I may be asking a bit much here but is there a way to make this happen?? I.e. this month we would be using the columns [0704] and [0705] and next month we would use [0705] and [0706] because we would have a ...

Selecting column to get average
Excel 2003 I am selecting a column of 1 digit whole numbers to get the average total. Instead of a "4" I get 4.1.1.1. I only want the "4". Is this adjustable? Nellie wrote: > Excel 2003 > > I am selecting a column of 1 digit whole numbers to get the average total. > Instead of a "4" I get 4.1.1.1. Do you mean you are getting several digits after the decimal point? I don't know how you would get three decimal points. > I only want the "4". > > Is this adjustable? A couple of ways depending on your needs. If you want onl...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

only one page of website shows
Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when i do File, Web Page Preview. Same thing when i actually publish to the web, just see the first page and no indication that there are even multiple pages. I tried saving as Single File Web Page and also Web Page but didn't make a difference. It does say Web Publication at the top of the Publisher screen. this happens even for the 3 page wizard-created website. Help!!! Thanks!!! david wrote: > Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when > i do File, Web Page Preview. Sam...

Outlook's Junk mail filter??
Hi there, In Outlook 2003, how does the Junk Email filter "learn"? Is it updated through MS updates....or? As I noticed on my Outlook, it sends over to the Junk Mail Folder a lot of SPAM that I have not programmed it to do...rather it has done it on its own.... Where would Outlook get the Junk Email filter rules from? Thanks, Gordon I've noticed that the filter is updated monthly via Microsoft Updates. "Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:OJq9oSoEHHA.2176@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > In Outlook 2003, how doe...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...