Advance Filter Errors

When using Advanced Filters for Rail “Day Validity Profiles” (DVP) i.e. The
days of the week that a Train is Timetabled (shown below), I have asked for a
filter showing only certain DVPs... It is also showing others.

Example:
Data including all DVPs are filtered by only those that include Mondays (MO,
TX, WX, ThX, FX, MTO, MWO, MThO, MFO, TWX, TThX, MWX, TFX, WThX, WFX, ThFX).
The results (for no reason I can fathom) include “MX”.

Does anyone know if there are known issues with this, or if there are, if
there are known solutions?

Standard DVPs
MO	Monday Only
TO	Tuesday Only
WO	Wednesday Only
ThO	Thursday Only
FO	Friday Only
MX	Monday Excepted
TX	Tuesday Excepted
WX	Wednesday Excepted
ThX	Thursday Excepted
FX	Friday Excepted
MTO	Monday and Tuesday Only
MWO	Monday and Wednesday Only
MThO	Monday and Thursday Only
MFO	Monday and Friday Only
TWO	Tuesday and Wednesday Only
TThO	Tuesday and Thursday Only
TFO	Tuesday and Friday Only
WThO	Wednesday and Thursday Only
WFO	Wednesday and Friday Only
ThFO	Thursday and Friday Only
MTX	Monday and Tuesday Excepted
MThX	Monday and Thursday Excepted
MFX	Monday and Friday Excepted
TWX	Tuesday and Wednesday Excepted
TThX	Tuesday and Thursday Excepted
MWX	Monday and Wednesday Excepted
TFX	Tuesday and Friday Excepted
WThX	Wednesday and Thursday Excepted
WFX	Wednesday and Friday Excepted
ThFX	Thursday and Friday Excepted
0
Gnomie (7)
2/15/2006 2:17:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Oops... I left out the important bits!

The below is edited.

"Gnomie" wrote:

> When using Advanced Filters for Rail “Day Validity Profiles” (DVP) i.e. The
> days of the week that a Train is Timetabled (shown below), I have asked for a
> filter showing only certain DVPs... It is also showing others.
>
> Example:
> Data including all DVPs are filtered by only those that include Mondays (MF, MO,
> TX, WX, ThX, FX, MTO, MWO, MThO, MFO, TWX, TThX, TFX, WThX, WFX, ThFX).
> The results (for no reason I can fathom) include “MFX”.
>
> Does anyone know if there are known issues with this, or if there are, if
> there are known solutions?
>
> Standard DVPs
> MO	Monday Only
> TO	Tuesday Only
> WO	Wednesday Only
> ThO	Thursday Only
> FO	Friday Only
> MX	Monday Excepted
> TX	Tuesday Excepted
> WX	Wednesday Excepted
> ThX	Thursday Excepted
> FX	Friday Excepted
> MTO	Monday and Tuesday Only
> MWO	Monday and Wednesday Only
> MThO	Monday and Thursday Only
> MFO	Monday and Friday Only
> TWO	Tuesday and Wednesday Only
> TThO	Tuesday and Thursday Only
> TFO	Tuesday and Friday Only
> WThO	Wednesday and Thursday Only
> WFO	Wednesday and Friday Only
> ThFO	Thursday and Friday Only
> MTX	Monday and Tuesday Excepted
> MThX	Monday and Thursday Excepted
> MFX	Monday and Friday Excepted
> TWX	Tuesday and Wednesday Excepted
> TThX	Tuesday and Thursday Excepted
> MWX	Monday and Wednesday Excepted
> TFX	Tuesday and Friday Excepted
> WThX	Wednesday and Thursday Excepted
> WFX	Wednesday and Friday Excepted
> ThFX	Thursday and Friday Excepted
0
Gnomie (7)
2/15/2006 2:41:32 PM
Opps, I left out the important bits!

"Gnomie" wrote:

> When using Advanced Filters for Rail “Day Validity Profiles” (DVP) i.e. The
> days of the week that a Train is Timetabled (shown below), I have asked for a
> filter showing only certain DVPs... It is also showing others.
>
> Example:
> Data including all DVPs are filtered by only those that include Mondays (MF, MO,
> TX, WX, ThX, FX, MTO, MWO, MThO, MFO, TWX, TThX, TFX, WThX, WFX, ThFX).
> The results (for no reason I can fathom) include “MFX”.
>
> Does anyone know if there are known issues with this, or if there are, if
> there are known solutions?
>
> Standard DVPs
> MO	Monday Only
> TO	Tuesday Only
> WO	Wednesday Only
> ThO	Thursday Only
> FO	Friday Only
> MX	Monday Excepted
> TX	Tuesday Excepted
> WX	Wednesday Excepted
> ThX	Thursday Excepted
> FX	Friday Excepted
> MTO	Monday and Tuesday Only
> MWO	Monday and Wednesday Only
> MThO	Monday and Thursday Only
> MFO	Monday and Friday Only
> TWO	Tuesday and Wednesday Only
> TThO	Tuesday and Thursday Only
> TFO	Tuesday and Friday Only
> WThO	Wednesday and Thursday Only
> WFO	Wednesday and Friday Only
> ThFO	Thursday and Friday Only
> MTX	Monday and Tuesday Excepted
> MThX	Monday and Thursday Excepted
> MFX	Monday and Friday Excepted
> TWX	Tuesday and Wednesday Excepted
> TThX	Tuesday and Thursday Excepted
> MWX	Monday and Wednesday Excepted
> TFX	Tuesday and Friday Excepted
> WThX	Wednesday and Thursday Excepted
> WFX	Wednesday and Friday Excepted
> ThFX	Thursday and Friday Excepted
0
Gnomie (7)
2/15/2006 2:45:29 PM
If I understand you correctly, the items containing MFX also have MO in it
(from "Monday" -- case insensitive), so it's showing up because of that. Or
perhaps I don't really follow!

"Gnomie" <Gnomie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Opps, I left out the important bits!
>
> "Gnomie" wrote:
>
> > When using Advanced Filters for Rail "Day Validity Profiles" (DVP) i.e.
The
> > days of the week that a Train is Timetabled (shown below), I have asked
for a
> > filter showing only certain DVPs... It is also showing others.
> >
> > Example:
> > Data including all DVPs are filtered by only those that include Mondays
(MF, MO,
> > TX, WX, ThX, FX, MTO, MWO, MThO, MFO, TWX, TThX, TFX, WThX, WFX, ThFX).
> > The results (for no reason I can fathom) include "MFX".
> >
> > Does anyone know if there are known issues with this, or if there are,
if
> > there are known solutions?
> >
> > Standard DVPs
> > MO Monday Only
> > TO Tuesday Only
> > WO Wednesday Only
> > ThO Thursday Only
> > FO Friday Only
> > MX Monday Excepted
> > TX Tuesday Excepted
> > WX Wednesday Excepted
> > ThX Thursday Excepted
> > FX Friday Excepted
> > MTO Monday and Tuesday Only
> > MWO Monday and Wednesday Only
> > MThO Monday and Thursday Only
> > MFO Monday and Friday Only
> > TWO Tuesday and Wednesday Only
> > TThO Tuesday and Thursday Only
> > TFO Tuesday and Friday Only
> > WThO Wednesday and Thursday Only
> > WFO Wednesday and Friday Only
> > ThFO Thursday and Friday Only
> > MTX Monday and Tuesday Excepted
> > MThX Monday and Thursday Excepted
> > MFX Monday and Friday Excepted
> > TWX Tuesday and Wednesday Excepted
> > TThX Tuesday and Thursday Excepted
> > MWX Monday and Wednesday Excepted
> > TFX Tuesday and Friday Excepted
> > WThX Wednesday and Thursday Excepted
> > WFX Wednesday and Friday Excepted
> > ThFX Thursday and Friday Excepted

What's in the criteria area for the advanced filter?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/15/2006 9:39:00 PM
Though in answer to Bob's question, the word "Monday" does not appear (as
only the CODE is used), it struck me how that I was NOT telling to only look
in the right column... The kind of mistake we all make occationally (and then
kick ourselves).

Thank you both for looking at this for me anyway.

Gnomie

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> What's in the criteria area for the advanced filter?
>
> Gnomie wrote:
> > When using Advanced Filters for Rail “Day Validity Profiles” (DVP) i.e. The
> > days of the week that a Train is Timetabled (shown below), I have asked for a
> > filter showing only certain DVPs... It is also showing others.
> >
> > Example:
> > Data including all DVPs are filtered by only those that include Mondays (MO,
> > TX, WX, ThX, FX, MTO, MWO, MThO, MFO, TWX, TThX, MWX, TFX, WThX, WFX, ThFX).
> > The results (for no reason I can fathom) include “MX”.
> >
> > Does anyone know if there are known issues with this, or if there are, if
> > there are known solutions?
> >
> > Standard DVPs
> > MO	Monday Only
> > TO	Tuesday Only
> > WO	Wednesday Only
> > ThO	Thursday Only
> > FO	Friday Only
> > MX	Monday Excepted
> > TX	Tuesday Excepted
> > WX	Wednesday Excepted
> > ThX	Thursday Excepted
> > FX	Friday Excepted
> > MTO	Monday and Tuesday Only
> > MWO	Monday and Wednesday Only
> > MThO	Monday and Thursday Only
> > MFO	Monday and Friday Only
> > TWO	Tuesday and Wednesday Only
> > TThO	Tuesday and Thursday Only
> > TFO	Tuesday and Friday Only
> > WThO	Wednesday and Thursday Only
> > WFO	Wednesday and Friday Only
> > ThFO	Thursday and Friday Only
> > MTX	Monday and Tuesday Excepted
> > MThX	Monday and Thursday Excepted
> > MFX	Monday and Friday Excepted
> > TWX	Tuesday and Wednesday Excepted
> > TThX	Tuesday and Thursday Excepted
> > MWX	Monday and Wednesday Excepted
> > TFX	Tuesday and Friday Excepted
> > WThX	Wednesday and Thursday Excepted
> > WFX	Wednesday and Friday Excepted
> > ThFX	Thursday and Friday Excepted
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Gnomie (7)
2/16/2006 8:51:28 AM
OK, I know I'm being stupid now...

Right, the problem is REALY simple.
When you use normal filtering, you can say show me "MF" & "FX" only, and
that is what is gives... In Advanced (where I can then give a long list (as
shown), if I want any "Monday" then amongst the codes I will need to include
"MF" (which means Monday to Friday iclusive), the results it gives will also
include "MFX" (which means Monday & Friday EXCEPTED).  This is clearly
because the Advanced Filter does not look at "Entire Cell".

Is there a way to tell Advanced Filter to only include the whole cell
content (ie if you say "MF" it will not give "MFX" as a result?

"Gnomie" wrote:

> When using Advanced Filters for Rail “Day Validity Profiles” (DVP) i.e. The
> days of the week that a Train is Timetabled (shown below), I have asked for a
> filter showing only certain DVPs... It is also showing others.
>
> Example:
> Data including all DVPs are filtered by only those that include Mondays (MO,
> TX, WX, ThX, FX, MTO, MWO, MThO, MFO, TWX, TThX, MWX, TFX, WThX, WFX, ThFX).
> The results (for no reason I can fathom) include “MX”.
>
> Does anyone know if there are known issues with this, or if there are, if
> there are known solutions?
>
> Standard DVPs
> MO	Monday Only
> TO	Tuesday Only
> WO	Wednesday Only
> ThO	Thursday Only
> FO	Friday Only
> MX	Monday Excepted
> TX	Tuesday Excepted
> WX	Wednesday Excepted
> ThX	Thursday Excepted
> FX	Friday Excepted
> MTO	Monday and Tuesday Only
> MWO	Monday and Wednesday Only
> MThO	Monday and Thursday Only
> MFO	Monday and Friday Only
> TWO	Tuesday and Wednesday Only
> TThO	Tuesday and Thursday Only
> TFO	Tuesday and Friday Only
> WThO	Wednesday and Thursday Only
> WFO	Wednesday and Friday Only
> ThFO	Thursday and Friday Only
> MTX	Monday and Tuesday Excepted
> MThX	Monday and Thursday Excepted
> MFX	Monday and Friday Excepted
> TWX	Tuesday and Wednesday Excepted
> TThX	Tuesday and Thursday Excepted
> MWX	Monday and Wednesday Excepted
> TFX	Tuesday and Friday Excepted
> WThX	Wednesday and Thursday Excepted
> WFX	Wednesday and Friday Excepted
> ThFX	Thursday and Friday Excepted
0
Gnomie (7)
2/20/2006 12:30:27 PM
In the criteria cell, enter:     ="=MF"

Gnomie wrote:
> OK, I know I'm being stupid now...
>
> Right, the problem is REALY simple.
> When you use normal filtering, you can say show me "MF" & "FX" only, and
> that is what is gives... In Advanced (where I can then give a long list (as
> shown), if I want any "Monday" then amongst the codes I will need to include
> "MF" (which means Monday to Friday iclusive), the results it gives will also
> include "MFX" (which means Monday & Friday EXCEPTED).  This is clearly
> because the Advanced Filter does not look at "Entire Cell".
>
> Is there a way to tell Advanced Filter to only include the whole cell
> content (ie if you say "MF" it will not give "MFX" as a result?
>
> "Gnomie" wrote:
>

>>When using Advanced Filters for Rail “Day Validity Profiles” (DVP) i.e. The
>>days of the week that a Train is Timetabled (shown below), I have asked for a
>>filter showing only certain DVPs... It is also showing others.
>>
>>Example:
>>Data including all DVPs are filtered by only those that include Mondays (MO,
>>TX, WX, ThX, FX, MTO, MWO, MThO, MFO, TWX, TThX, MWX, TFX, WThX, WFX, ThFX).
>>The results (for no reason I can fathom) include “MX”.
>>
>>Does anyone know if there are known issues with this, or if there are, if
>>there are known solutions?
>>
>>Standard DVPs
>>MO	Monday Only
>>TO	Tuesday Only
>>WO	Wednesday Only
>>ThO	Thursday Only
>>FO	Friday Only
>>MX	Monday Excepted
>>TX	Tuesday Excepted
>>WX	Wednesday Excepted
>>ThX	Thursday Excepted
>>FX	Friday Excepted
>>MTO	Monday and Tuesday Only
>>MWO	Monday and Wednesday Only
>>MThO	Monday and Thursday Only
>>MFO	Monday and Friday Only
>>TWO	Tuesday and Wednesday Only
>>TThO	Tuesday and Thursday Only
>>TFO	Tuesday and Friday Only
>>WThO	Wednesday and Thursday Only
>>WFO	Wednesday and Friday Only
>>ThFO	Thursday and Friday Only
>>MTX	Monday and Tuesday Excepted
>>MThX	Monday and Thursday Excepted
>>MFX	Monday and Friday Excepted
>>TWX	Tuesday and Wednesday Excepted
>>TThX	Tuesday and Thursday Excepted
>>MWX	Monday and Wednesday Excepted
>>TFX	Tuesday and Friday Excepted
>>WThX	Wednesday and Thursday Excepted
>>WFX	Wednesday and Friday Excepted
>>ThFX	Thursday and Friday Excepted

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/20/2006 9:46:35 PM
Thanks Debra.

How stupid do I feel?

Gnomie

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> In the criteria cell, enter:     ="=MF"
>
> Gnomie wrote:
> > OK, I know I'm being stupid now...
> >
> > Right, the problem is REALY simple.
> > When you use normal filtering, you can say show me "MF" & "FX" only, and
> > that is what is gives... In Advanced (where I can then give a long list (as
> > shown), if I want any "Monday" then amongst the codes I will need to include
> > "MF" (which means Monday to Friday iclusive), the results it gives will also
> > include "MFX" (which means Monday & Friday EXCEPTED).  This is clearly
> > because the Advanced Filter does not look at "Entire Cell".
> >
> > Is there a way to tell Advanced Filter to only include the whole cell
> > content (ie if you say "MF" it will not give "MFX" as a result?
> >
> > "Gnomie" wrote:
> >

> >>When using Advanced Filters for Rail “Day Validity Profiles” (DVP) i.e. The
> >>days of the week that a Train is Timetabled (shown below), I have asked for a
> >>filter showing only certain DVPs... It is also showing others.
> >>
> >>Example:
> >>Data including all DVPs are filtered by only those that include Mondays (MO,
> >>TX, WX, ThX, FX, MTO, MWO, MThO, MFO, TWX, TThX, MWX, TFX, WThX, WFX, ThFX).
> >>The results (for no reason I can fathom) include “MX”.
> >>
> >>Does anyone know if there are known issues with this, or if there are, if
> >>there are known solutions?
> >>
> >>Standard DVPs
> >>MO	Monday Only
> >>TO	Tuesday Only
> >>WO	Wednesday Only
> >>ThO	Thursday Only
> >>FO	Friday Only
> >>MX	Monday Excepted
> >>TX	Tuesday Excepted
> >>WX	Wednesday Excepted
> >>ThX	Thursday Excepted
> >>FX	Friday Excepted
> >>MTO	Monday and Tuesday Only
> >>MWO	Monday and Wednesday Only
> >>MThO	Monday and Thursday Only
> >>MFO	Monday and Friday Only
> >>TWO	Tuesday and Wednesday Only
> >>TThO	Tuesday and Thursday Only
> >>TFO	Tuesday and Friday Only
> >>WThO	Wednesday and Thursday Only
> >>WFO	Wednesday and Friday Only
> >>ThFO	Thursday and Friday Only
> >>MTX	Monday and Tuesday Excepted
> >>MThX	Monday and Thursday Excepted
> >>MFX	Monday and Friday Excepted
> >>TWX	Tuesday and Wednesday Excepted
> >>TThX	Tuesday and Thursday Excepted
> >>MWX	Monday and Wednesday Excepted
> >>TFX	Tuesday and Friday Excepted
> >>WThX	Wednesday and Thursday Excepted
> >>WFX	Wednesday and Friday Excepted
> >>ThFX	Thursday and Friday Excepted
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Gnomie (7)

Runtime Error #6
Outlook 2000 will not open. I get the following message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C:\programfiles\microsoftoffice\office\outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminiate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. " There is a box on which I am instructed to click OKAY. Upon clicking okay Outlook disappears. Have you tried running Detect and Repair from any Office program? >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2000 will not open. I get the following message: > &g...

Error in Exchange 2003 Creating Public folder
I am getting the following message when creating a new public folder in the exchange systems manager (V2003). "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" Facility: win32 ID No: c0072746 Exchange System Manager A few people have reported this in forums, yet no one seems to have the answer... Any ideas. Dave Hi Dave, Do you have SSL installed? Please check the settings on Default Web Site, properties, Directory security, Secure communications, Edit. Is "require client certificates" checked? Select "ignore client certificates" and restar...

filter by selection 08-23-07
Why I can't make filter by selection on subform on Main Form ...

strange div by zero error
ok here goes. when running this querry on data that is formated as double, and includes positive and negative numbers with 3-4 decimal places i get a divide by zero error. can anyone recreate this or have any suggestions on how to work around it? SELECT Sum(IIf([ext_ppv]<0,[ext_ppv],"0")) AS goodppv FROM cap5010F; Thanks, statikf I don't know whether this is related to your problem, but there shouldn't be quotes around the 0 in the IIf statement: you want a number, not text. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "nj...

Type mismatch error in Excel
Hello, I receive a type-mismatch error when compiling. The cells being referenced only have dates. Can someone help? Heres some of the code Application.Windows("rpt_BigTicket.xls").Activate a = Range("D:J") b = DateValue(Format(Now(), "mm-dd-yyyy")) - Weekday(Now(), 1) c = Application.VLookup(b, a, 2, False) "This is where the ERROR-13 'Tpye Mismatch occurs' The default property for a range is the .Value property, so a = Range("D:J") is returning an array of values, not a range object. Try something like: Dim a As Range D...

I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity
I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity. Is someone has any idea why I get this error ? MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code ...

Counting lines when using a filter
After using a filter to view certain rows of a spreadsheet, is there a way to get an accurate count of how many rows are shown by either clicking and dragging the mouse over the selection or clicking on the first row and then shift-click on the last row? Thanks in advance, Hagan How about using SUBTOTAL function -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "hagan" <hagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9264E3D-5869-4371-BED7-0DBF18712832@microsoft.com... > After using a filter to view certain rows of a spreadsheet, is there a way to > get an ...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

OL2003
Howdy y'all, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you would be able to get online updates to the Junk Mail filter in Outlook 2003. I can't find anything on officeupdate or in the help files about obtaining junk mail filter updates. The reason I ask, is over the past two weeks, I've noticed a dramatic increas in the number of junk mails that get by the built in filter. Some of them are obvious, like Subject: "Hey how are fdlakjdls " Emails like this used to get captured. Now I'm having to "Add Sender to Junk Mail list" wh...

DAODB.H file errors
#include <AFXWIN.H> #include <stdio.h> #include <_dbdao.h> #include <afxole.h> void main() { } I get the errors c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\_dbdao.h(77) : error C2079: 'CdbBSTR' uses undefined class 'DLLEXPORT' c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\_dbdao.h(77) : error C2239: unexpected token '{' following declaration of 'CdbBSTR' c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\_dbdao.h(93) : error C2504: 'COleVariant' : base class undefined c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\_dbdao.h(95) : error C2146: syntax error : m...

Turning off Circular Error Help
I often create circular errors in formulas. I know how to fix them and dislike the delay as Help automatically opens. How can I turn off the automatic "Help?" If you turn calculation to manual, you won't get the help popping up. eider wrote: > > I often create circular errors in formulas. I know how to fix them and > dislike the delay as Help automatically opens. How can I turn off the > automatic "Help?" -- Dave Peterson Thanks. A good work-around at least. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > If you turn calculation to manual, you won...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

Wierd Error: Crashing in Debug Build, Works fine in Release
Anyone know what could be the problem with my mfc app? If I were to build my application in the Debug Build, and when the application starts, the code hits an assertion in "heap_debug_malloc" and the code crashes. Is there two different heaps? One for release and one for debug? and what is the difference? When I run my code in release build, it works fine. Would anyone have any ideas on what could possibly be wrong? Thanks in advance. As far as I know if you get any problem in debug build and application runs fine in release build then from my experience (I have faced same prob...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error?
Hello, While trying to install SP1 on our Exchange servers, we get the following message: "Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because: - The local domain configuration is not up-to-date. You must run setup with the "/DomainPrep" switch within this domain. If you have already done this with the current version of setup, then you must wait for replication to complete. Consult your documentation for details." We've been running Win2k3 with Exchange 2k3 for about 3 months now.. And I've gone through KB274737 and verified that /DomainP...

Sorting filtered list on form with a Command Button
I have a form CLIENTLIST. When I open this form it runs the query qryClientLst. One of the fields in the query named ClientID has the criteria "Like [Enter Client Number]". When I open the form CLIENTLIST I'm prompted to "Enter Client Number". When I do the form opens and only the files with the client number I entered appear. So basically it's a filtered form. All of this works fine. I created a command button above the column ClientId on my form so my users can click on the button and sort Ascending or Descending. Below is my code for this. My only...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

Geeting devide by zero error
Hi After getting the data from the database to the dataset I am calculating one more field which involves devision. Do I need to check ISNULL for TOTFLRAREASQFTNBR when putting this in the denominator. Since I already have put a check condition so do I need put one more while putting the same in the denominator. I am using below expression for the clculation of the field IIF(ISNULL(TOTFLRAREASQFTNBR, 0) > 0, ISNULL(BLDG_VAL_AMT, 0) / TOTFLRAREASQFTNBR" + ", NULL)"; -- Vishnu Hi Vishnu, This depends on how the expression is evaluated. If the cond...

How to filter lower case characters in an edit control?
Hi to all, I created a class that enherits from CEdit and overrode its OnChar() message handler to intercept the entered keys and filter only those that are lower case. It also verifies if an entered key is upper case to convert it to lower case and filter it. Everything works good except the conversion from upper to lower case. The problem is that even if the OnChar() handler does convert the character to lower case, the character is still displayed in the edit box as it was entered, i.e. in upper case. Please note that if I remove the line: "nChar = tolower(nChar);", the u...

Junk filter: CRAP!
Hi, I have upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook XP a couple of weeks ago. At first, I thought that the junk filter was good. Well, that was after a few hours of using OL. Now, after a couple of weeks and an average of 150 messages per day (of which more than 80% is junk), I can tell that the junk filter does a VERY poor job! I used to use PopFile and I was able to get a success rate of 99%. I am definitely very far from that figure with OL 2k3. I tried the low level setting (i.e. the default). Needless to say that (apart from no automatic filtering), it's the worst setting. I then deci...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

552 Error
One of our clients is unable to send emails/attachments to one of our users in the organization. The client receives an NDR with reference ro Error 552 (Mailbox Storage Allocation Exceeded). It has been happening for about a week now and the odd thing about it is that this client is the only sender that is having this problem. The user receives emails and attachments from all other senders (that I am aware of) and can send emails to the client. The mailbox does not seem to be full. I know that there are some things that I may be missing so thoughts and suggestions are welcomed. Than...

Counting & Filters
Hi All, Hoping somebody can help me here. I have forgotten how to create a formula which will tell me how many rows are visible after setting a filter. I would like to know the results to calculate the number of call types made in a day by changing the filter and returning a result. Tom Westlake Hi Tom See the help for the Subtotal worksheet function -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Tom Westlake" <tomwest@primus.ca> wrote in message news:rae174p5pe7fjsk3ucut1r4dd71mhf0t7f@4ax.com... > Hi All, > > Hoping somebody can help me here. ...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Re: Outlook client installation error (file or assembly name not found)
We have one PC that gets the following error and can't get past the system requirements phase of the desktop client installation: "Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook Setup User Input File or assembly name 9o3db28v.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found." (the file name is random and changes on every installation attempt). Any suggestions? The user has tried repairing and reinstalling Office, installing and uninstalling .NET 2.0, verifying/empyting TEMP and TMP folders, installed the latest Microsoft Update updates, and made sure C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v...

PLEASE HELP: Outlook2003 Send Mail Error
Can anyone help me with this problem. Everytime I try to send out an email. It gets rejected and I get this message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'vpvaughn@aol.com' on 5/5/2010 4:26 PM 554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message Van wrote: > Can anyone help me with this problem. Everytime I try to send out an email. > It gets rejected and I get this message: > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'vpvaughn@aol.com' on 5/5/2010 4:26 PM > 554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of...