Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Hey everybody
I have a batch file which needs to be run from an excel sheet with a
parameter, like this:
c:\1.bat myParameter
But when i try to run the Hyperlink, the Excel shows an error message
saying it can't open the specified file (probably because the is a
space between the file and the parameter)

is there any known way to run the link from the excel?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mar 2, 12:45=A0pm, Pasha <pavel_v...@mailto.mod.gov.il> wrote:
> Hey everybody
> I have a batch file which needs to be run from an excel sheet with a
> parameter, like this:
> c:\1.bat myParameter
> But when i try to run the Hyperlink, the Excel shows an error message
> saying it can't open the specified file (probably because the is a
> space between the file and the parameter)
>
> is there any known way to run the link from the excel?

hello again :)
I think i have an idea how to do it:
I have made a VBA macro which runs the batch file successfully, but
now my problem is how to send the parameters to the macro

Does enybody have an idea?
TIA,
Pasha.
Hi Pasha,
Whenever you pass parameters or spaces you have to pipe it thru the command processor. And nest any possible quotes in quotes.

Cmd = Environ("ComSpec") & " /c """ & strZipBatchFile & """"

See this
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion/browse_thread/thread/77553e8cc9913e90/da14ec82e0220d31?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Environ(%22ComSpec%22)+group%3A*vb*#da14ec82e0220d31

John

"Pasha" <pavel_vaks@mailto.mod.gov.il> wrote in message news:3ff2835d-9a3c-4530-889a-0475c9f090c8@v15g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
On Mar 2, 12:45 pm, Pasha <pavel_v...@mailto.mod.gov.il> wrote:
> Hey everybody
> I have a batch file which needs to be run from an excel sheet with a
> parameter, like this:
> c:\1.bat myParameter
> But when i try to run the Hyperlink, the Excel shows an error message
> saying it can't open the specified file (probably because the is a
> space between the file and the parameter)
>
> is there any known way to run the link from the excel?

hello again :)
I think i have an idea how to do it:
I have made a VBA macro which runs the batch file successfully, but
now my problem is how to send the parameters to the macro

Does enybody have an idea?
TIA,
Pasha.

0
me5306 (285)
3/4/2009 2:44:54 PM
Hey John,
Sending the params using VBA is not my major problem.
The problem is how to send those parameters to the macro itself, and
how to dosplay the button that runs it..

Thanks,
Pasha

On Mar 4, 4:44=A0pm, "jaf" <m...@here.com> wrote:
> Hi Pasha,
> Whenever you pass parameters or spaces you have to pipe it thru the comma=
nd processor. And nest any possible quotes in quotes.

> Cmd =3D Environ("ComSpec") & " /c """ & strZipBatchFile & """"
>
> See thishttp://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vb.general.discus=
sion...

> John

Hi Pasha,
You lost me.
Do you want to get the output from the batch file?

You would need to use STDIN, STDOUT with AllocConsole.
See this.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q171654/

John

On Mar 4, 4:44 pm, "jaf" <m...@here.com> wrote:
> Hi Pasha,
> Whenever you pass parameters or spaces you have to pipe it thru the command processor. And nest any possible quotes in quotes.
>
> Cmd = Environ("ComSpec") & " /c """ & strZipBatchFile & """"
>
> See thishttp://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion...
>
> John

0
me5306 (285)

Help: Hyperlinks
Hi, I have a problem with my hyperlinks not working after I protect the sheet. These are hyperlinks that go to other parts of a large sheet. I have a hyperlink that goes to a differnet sheet in the same workbook that works fine after protection is enabled. These hyperlinks are assigned to buttons I made with the Autoshapes feature. Any ideas? I just tried this in xl2002 and it worked fine with the worksheet protected. But maybe you could assign a macro to your shape: option explicit sub myLineClick application.goto worksheets("sheet2").range("b2"), scroll:=true ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Hyperlinking to documents in Excel
I have extracted a tab delimited .txt list of all the documents on ou server at work. I would like to import this list into an Exce Spreadsheet (easy enough) and then hyperlink back to the documents o the server. Is there a way to hyperlink automatically? I have severa thousand documents and hyperlinking one at a time is not ver realistic. I have the option of pulling the list with either th relative path (just the document name and extension) or with th absolute file path (give the complete path of every document). I anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Thank you. Dale Co -- M...

Criteria Parameter in query for two fields: help
I have a form that utilizes two contact lists in separate combo boxes to illustrate projects that multiple people have worked on. I am trying to make it so that a report will illustrate the associated data based on these contacts. The selection will be based on either one contact (from either list) or both. Whereby on selection, the report will generate the associated data based on these user names. How would I go about creating a parameter in the query so that it will limit the content to reflect either contact list or a combination of the two? I am a beginner to Acc...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...

adding new users in AD but not Exchange
How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create an Exchange mailbox" as the default? We are rolling out Exchange, but not to all new users at this time. -- Greg Stigers, MCSA remember to vote for the answers you like Create the users from a box that doesn't have the Exchange admin tools installed? "Greg Stigers, MCSA" <gregstigers+wmsn@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:ee4tHm0LFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create > an Exchange mailbox" as ...

PowerPoint 2007-Formatting Hyperlinks
How do you change the color of hyperlinks in 2007? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CAC6B8.89E7EA80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Have a look here www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00546.htm=20 --=20 Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "SueW" <SueW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:FBFA1989-C534-478C-B992-A27696F7DFC7@microsoft.com... > How do you change the color of hyperlinks in 2007? ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CAC6B8.89E7EA80 Content-Ty...

Access 2003 Printing Query Parameter values onto your report.
I have added the following to my report: (Note: I have a parameter set in my query for data to display between two dates) I added 2 text boxs to my report header (1 for the start date and 1 for the end date): Label: Start Date Text box: =Reports![rptTest]![Enter Start Date] Label: End Date =Reports![rptTest]![Enter End Date] Once I run the report I have to enter the query parameter and then the report pops up the with Start and End Date and then the date stores in my text box, however, I have to...

Parameter Value Query in Report
Hi,I'm designing my first database and have run into the following problem;In a report I am designing I would like to have a calculation at the end of the report that multiplies a sum that has been calculated in the same report with a value that has been calculated by a specific query I have designed.In the text box in the report I have the following expression: =[Sum Of NormalTime]*[Full Salary Adjustment List]![Net NT HR]When I try to view the report in the Normal View the report asks me to enter parameter values for the Query from which I have taken specific values for the above mention...

Multiple vlookup and adding values together
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to find a way to locate all categories in a table that says for ex &quot;good.&quot; Each of these have a number associated to them which I am trying to add together. <br><br>So lets say my table has ten rows of data, three of those rows have a column that is termed &quot;good.&quot; So what I want that to do is then take those three rows with &quot;good&quot; and add the numeric values together that are entered in another column which are each of those three rows...