Adding gifs to excel

Hello all excel mates

Id like to know if its possible to add gifs to excel, when i add them
as a image the gif is show with out motion.

I do not want to save the file as html because then i can not search
the whole document / sheets for a single word as when i search for a
word on an excel file and not html i can select the search in work book
from the advanced options.

Please help.

--
rmetanes
rmetanes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28615

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How to insert an Excel landscape document into a portrait Word doc
I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel Spreadsheet which is in landscape. Is that possible? Please clarify. Landscape and Portrait are simply print orientation in whichever document is being printed. Are you inserting a complete workbook into Word? Are you inserting a range from a worksheet into Word? Maybe you need two separate print jobs? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:57:01 -0700, Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel >Spr...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Excel Sort
I'm having trouble getting data sorted for an entire year's worth of data. If I highlight the entire year, it won't sort. A box pops up saying "this operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized." What is happening? Don't use merged cells in the sort. I strongly recommend never to use merged cells, you can basically get the same layout in most cases and down the road you will avoid headaches -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "EJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54ae01c3e505$8378b8f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >...

how to use the function sorting in excel
can you help me on how to use the function sorting in excel. thank you "excel2003" wrote: > can you help me on how to use the function sorting in excel For a good start, suggest you try Excel's help, Click Help>Microsoft Excel Help, search for: sorting The fundamentals are all there. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- Data>Sort then accomadate your data accordinly. Or Data>Filter>Autofilter in order to use dropdown list to sort. -- Can''''t hear the Rain ? Then listen to it. "excel2003" wrote: &...

excel #103
How do I add hours and minutes? The Admiral wrote: > How do I add hours and minutes? To what? Just format the c ells as time and add them . -- HTH ------- Bob Phillips "The Admiral" <The Admiral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F881D7F-CE70-403D-82D8-2AD41F7C0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do I add hours and minutes? Times are stored as a fraction of a 24-hour day (06:00 = 0.25, 12:00 = 0.5, 18:00 = 0.75, etc), so you can add them as you would ordinary numbers. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consul...

Not all of my fonts are showing up in Excel
I have looked in my Fonts Folder (in the Control Panel) and the font is listed in there. But, when I open Excel, the font is not available in the dropdown box. What do i do to fix this? "=?Utf-8?B?QW5naWU=?=" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:13E2A5E8-C7C9-4E36-B8E2-177117908C57@microsoft.com: > I have looked in my Fonts Folder (in the Control Panel) and the font > is listed in there. But, when I open Excel, the font is not available > in the dropdown box. What do i do to fix this? > Is the font available in other Office apps? I found some in...

A2007 Export to Excel
I have the following code....which works perfectly in A2003, and works if Im opening a A2003 in A2007...but if I try to run it in a pure A2007 database it craps out. Here is the code: Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim xlWorkbook As Excel.Workbook Dim objRST As Recordset Dim strQueryName As String Dim strSheetName As String strQueryName = "ExcelStatus" strSheetName = Me.Status Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") xlApp.Visible = True Set xlWorkbook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qdf As DAO...

Is there a way to insert photos into excel at a specific size?
I need to insert multiple photos into an excel spreadsheet and would like to know if there is a fast way to resize the photos to the same size. Can it be inserted at a predesignated size to prevent from having to size each individual photo? Maybe you could start with this: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3E1F6985.69EF880%40msn.com (watch out for line wrap in the first response--it's discussed in the later posts.) srvwannabe wrote: > > I need to insert multiple photos into an excel spreadsheet and would like to > know if there is a fast way to resize the photos to t...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Linking to a Password Protected Document in Excel 2000
I have a document that is password protected. I also have a file that references the protected files for many of the its formulas. Each time I open the file and update the links I am prompted multiple times (once for each cell reference to the protected file) for the password. Is there any setting so that a user is only prompted once for the password to a reference file that is protected? I know that one option is just to copy the tabs from my referencing file into the protected file, but it would be nice to keep the documents separate. Thanks, Andrew One option might be to disable th...

Finally, a SIMPLE solution for Excel file Consolidation
After reading about everyone's search for a consolidation program for Excel sheets and replying to individual posts I decided to create a new topic to let everyone know about a BRAND NEW consolidation software on the market. After 10 years of production a new standard in the way Excel files are consolidated is finally here!! www.quartermain.com The following 4 features make up the heart and soul of Consolidate! Consolidation is Automatic -------------------------- * Whole Spreadsheets merged across files * No linking formulas, macros, add-ins, or programming * Stand alone application, ...

print 2 or 4 charts per page in excel 2000
Hi, I have created a number of one page charts, each of which are located as seperate sheets in one excel workbook. I would now like to print 2 or 4 charts per page. However, I am unable to do so. Do you know of automated way which would allow this to be done. Your help would be appreciated. Regards, Ashish Ashish - The easiest way to do this would be to embed your charts in one or more worksheets: right click on the chart, choose Location, then pick As Object and select a sheet from the list. Then size and position them so two or four charts fit into a printed page of the workshee...

Hyperlinking to documents in Excel
I have extracted a tab delimited .txt list of all the documents on ou server at work. I would like to import this list into an Exce Spreadsheet (easy enough) and then hyperlink back to the documents o the server. Is there a way to hyperlink automatically? I have severa thousand documents and hyperlinking one at a time is not ver realistic. I have the option of pulling the list with either th relative path (just the document name and extension) or with th absolute file path (give the complete path of every document). I anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Thank you. Dale Co -- M...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

OLAP Cube for Excel 97?
Hi all, There's an option of getting data source from OLAP cube in Office 2000 or later application but not in 97 while creating pivot table. May I know if there's add-in download available that support this function for Excel 97? Thank you Hi I know a company called Applix used to do and addin - (many moons ago) might be worth looking them up. ttfn benm >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > > There's an option of getting data source from OLAP cube in Office 2000 or >later application but not in 97 while creating pivot table. May I know if >...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

find duplicated lines in excel sheet
I have an excel sheet with text column. I wish to find and remove some duplicated lines. How can I do it? If I can do it with Excel? I've tried google for this task and found freeware tool for finding duplicated - http://www.aks-labs.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=69 it was good for my task, but if I can do something better with Excel? Thank you! You could use conditional formatting for the column with duplicates. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#DupColumn Alan" <allangrlind@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1122245733.329829.213230@g43g2000cwa.googlegr...