Adding cells with a particular comment

Hi all,

is there any simple  to add all cells in a row which have a particular
comment without using macro.

pls help.

Regards,
NC

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

HI,
Use the SumIF function

--
anurag.
anurag.d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=895

well i can use it for particular values but how to use it with
comments. My problem is a particular comment for e.g "reject" or
"accept" ia added to that cell, & you want to sum the cells with this
partcular comment only.

well i can use sumif for particular values but how to use it with
comments. My problem is a particular comment for e.g "reject" or
"accept" is added to that cell, & i want to sum the cells with this
partcular comment only.

Not without a macro.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Cell refering filename in formula bar
How do you refer filename1 to a cell in the formula bar? Example: ='\\Year 2004\September\[_filename1_.xls]sheet1'!$A$1 A | B | C 1 | | 2 | filename1 | 3 | | 4 | | ="\\Year 2004\September\["_B2_".xls]sheet1'!$A$1 will not work -- yee ve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yee ven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1479 View this thread: http://www.excel...

VBA pick random cell
hi, i want to pick a random cell (containing text) in a given range. i used the "randbetween" function in excel, but i am now needing thi in visual basic. i found the following vba snipplet, but i don�t understand it, an can�t implement it in my code: PHP code ------------------- With Range("B1") .FormulaR1C1 = _ "=OFFSET(Sheet1!RC[-1],RANDBETWEEN(0,9),0)" ------------------- it would be great if someone could give me an example of picking random cell in the range lets say ("A1:B10") i would also like to know how to combine two ra...

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

click on a cell to expand with more information
I am making a phone contact record for work. How can I make a cell (with a customers name in it) expose more details or information about that customer, when hovered over with the pointer? I also need to know how to enter the information to be viewed. 2nd question - How do I create a line between multiple entries for the same customer and the next customer? example: John Doe 05/05/05 123-456-7891 9:00 left message John Doe 05/08/05 123-456-7891 9:30 left message John Doe 05/08/05 123-456-7891 10:00 returned call _____________...

adding new records

Using multicell range when single cell prescribed
This is unusual (to me) range usage. It is NOT entered as array formula. A1=123 A2=456 B1=left(A1:A10,1) B2=left(A1:A10,1) Note the results. Additional observations - you can stick dollar signs on 1 and 10: no result change. You can (instead) copy B1 to B2: no result change. It's as though using a range where you "ought" to be using a single cell [range] is interpreted as "the cell for column A of current row" (for this choice of A1:A10).However note that B1=left(A2:A10,1) gives #VALUE. Is this a beneficial (and reliable) tactic in some situations, for some worksheet...

merging cells #3
Hi, I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code and phone number. Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are grey and not black. Outlook does not see the new column. What could be the problem? Thanks AJS Solved it. "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:%232OPgj%23dJHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Hi, | I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code | and phone number. | Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are | grey and not black. | Outlook does n...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

delete first two words in a cell
hi, can someone tell me how i manage to delete the first two words in cell? eg. July 24: info prodid4775 gorass andreas -should become- info prodid4775 gorass andreas or is it possible to extract every word beginning at the third one? i was playing around with some code i found at excel tip: =IF(ISERR(FIND(" ",A1)),A1,LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)) it is supposed to extract the first word of A1. for some reason i only get an error message. i am working with excel 2002. hope someone can help me out greetz f -- flashing fran ------------------------------------------------...

Reposition comment boxes in 2000
With Excel 2000, is it possible to reposition comment boxes? I know I can drag them whilsediting, but that only affects where they appear during editing. Can I change the position they are displayed when I just hover over the cell? ...

cell count of 'grouped' cells
Apologies if this is a 'dumb' question! I am receiving data that is layed out in groups. When I try to 'countif' with some of the group not showing, I still get a full row count, including those rows not showing. Basically, I receive attendance stats with every days attendance detailed, grouped into the weekly attendance per person. As I need the number of people, I am trying to count just those (the second group/layer), but when I try the countif(data,"*"), it counts all of the rows, including the sub rows giving the daily info. Please can someone help/explain w...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...