Adding by Font Color

OK I went into cpearson.com and copied the syntax for adding font by
color in excel using vb
I tried to enter it into a macro but i think i'm screwing up
i went to the website with the instructions but i'm a moron and i'm not
getting this
am i suppose to be changing the syntax somehow
or am i saving or entering the macro wrong
all i know is when i enter the formula =sumbycolor(a1:e12,3,false) i'm
either getting value?  or a zero
:(

please help me

--
onyx4813
onyx4813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26305

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

onyx4813, if you want to add the font colors change false to true like this
=SUMBYCOLOR(A1:A10,3,TRUE) this will sum A1:A10 for the fonts that are red.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"onyx4813" <onyx4813.1tx7ac_1124301913.3477@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:onyx4813.1tx7ac_1124301913.3477@excelforum-nospam.com...

> OK I went into cpearson.com and copied the syntax for adding font by
> color in excel using vb
> I tried to enter it into a macro but i think i'm screwing up
> i went to the website with the instructions but i'm a moron and i'm not
> getting this
> am i suppose to be changing the syntax somehow
> or am i saving or entering the macro wrong
> all i know is when i enter the formula =sumbycolor(a1:e12,3,false) i'm
> either getting value?  or a zero
> :(
>
> please help me
>

> --
> onyx4813
> onyx4813's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26305
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396581

If you installed the function in your personal.xls   then
you would implement the function as
   =personal.xls!sumbycolor(a1:e12,3,false)

I have some examples using Chip's functions.
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm#cpcolorsx

I suspect that you did in fact install in your personal.xls workbook,
as suggested,  if you are getting #VALUE!   error.
The colorindex of 3 is for Red, and the False indicates you want
to count based on Interior color (as opposed to Font color).

To verify  that you have the User Defined Function in your
personal.xls you might try the following from Excel:
 1) Alt+F11   to get you to the Visual Basic Editor
 2) Ctrl+R  for the object browser  (also on View menu)
 3) you should see  personal.xls there if you created one
 4) Expand the personal.xls if not already expanded [+]
 5) Under modules you will have a list of modules beginning at module1
     since you are having problems, you probably only have module1 so far
     the code should be there,  double click on module1 and/or other modules.

     If the code is in under "Class Modules"  in Class1  then you installed
     in the wrong place.

It is very hard to follow a conversation when you do not stick to the
thread you were in, which was:
  http://google.com/groups?threadm=OykMYWpoFHA.2156%40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl

You might read about newsgroups and searching newsgroups at
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
Using websites that replicate postings to the web make things very
difficult for everyone who really make an attempt at searching
the web and newsgroups for answers.   Google keeps newsgroup
searches very distinct from web page searches, but does not and
cannot weed out such sites as exceltips, excelforum and at least
3 dozen such sites that interfere directly with Excel webpage searching.
--
HTH,

"onyx4813" <onyx4813.1tx7ac_1124301913.3477@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> OK I went into cpearson.com and copied the syntax for adding font by
> color in excel using vb
> I tried to enter it into a macro but i think i'm screwing up
> i went to the website with the instructions but i'm a moron and i'm not
> getting this
> am i suppose to be changing the syntax somehow
> or am i saving or entering the macro wrong
> all i know is when i enter the formula =sumbycolor(a1:e12,3,false) i'm
> either getting value?  or a zero
> :(
>
> please help me
>

> --
> onyx4813
> onyx4813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26305
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396581

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Hebrew fonts
I am using Publisher 2003 and cannot get the software to display and use Hebrew fonts installed on my system. Can publisher display and use Hebrew fonts? Can it be made to use them. Thanks http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/language/choosing.mspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lesley" <lwillis@senet.com.au> wrote in message news:311d01c42906$c7b8b4d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Publisher 2003 and cannot get the software to > display and use Hebrew fonts installed on my ...

Boders Colors
How can I draw borders in other color, instead of black? Because I can only draw borders in black! Format > Cells > Border, you can select the colour from the Colo dropdown by clicking on the down arro -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39362 ...

Not all of my fonts are showing up in Excel
I have looked in my Fonts Folder (in the Control Panel) and the font is listed in there. But, when I open Excel, the font is not available in the dropdown box. What do i do to fix this? "=?Utf-8?B?QW5naWU=?=" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:13E2A5E8-C7C9-4E36-B8E2-177117908C57@microsoft.com: > I have looked in my Fonts Folder (in the Control Panel) and the font > is listed in there. But, when I open Excel, the font is not available > in the dropdown box. What do i do to fix this? > Is the font available in other Office apps? I found some in...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Publisher Calendar font changes?
I am attempting to create a six month event calendar in Publisher, I start with the Understated Calendar template. After completing the calendar wizard, I start adding events to the appropriate dates, after I complete the events in the first month, I switch to the second month and add the new events. My problem is that when I go back to the first month, the font changes for the first event revert back to the default font, this occurs even after saving the document. Does anyone have any thoughts how I can prevent this from happening? I am using Publisher 2000. Open another instance ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Specific Font that be contained within Office 2004 do not appear to Font Box on Mac OS X 10.3(panther). #2
There are "Gulim.ttf" and "Batang.ttf" Within Font Folder in Office 2004 Folder (Application folder or Office 2004 CD) These fonts are Window True type Font and Hangul font (using Korean) I have known the font automatically be installed in Font Box when Office 2004 setup. After I had selected these fonts beside All Font in collection window of font box then used disable button, These fonts disappeared in font Box. Perhaps it is rightful!. However When I added these fonts repeatedly, Only The "Batang.ttf" font appeared on Font Box window. unfortunately The &...

Adding alternate columns

Conditional Colors for Charts #2
Hello, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbYellow E...

Adding fields from a different query

Font Challenged
I develop process diagrams for work. My home computer has fonts that are not available on the one at work … and they will not let me load any. How do I embed the fonts in Visio file so they will still print/show on my work computer? Thank you for any ideas/help. IGNORE this... I posted to wrong group. "Sheila" wrote: > I develop process diagrams for work. My home computer has fonts that are not > available on the one at work … and they will not let me load any. How do I > embed the fonts in Visio file so they will still print/show on my work > computer? >...

Change default font for text boxes in Publisher
Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft Publisher fo all publications? Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "JennyN" <JennyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C7AFC-F92D-419F-B49E-DA5B444956E1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

change background color based on range value
I would like to search a spread sheet for a specific range value Ie c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 c6 20 30 40 20 30 40 When 20 30 and 40 are found in neighboring columns I would like to turn the background of these 3 cells blue. How would I code this? Thanks in advance - Dan Use conditional formatting over the first range. Set condition 1 to Formula-is option and in next box add =COUNTIF($D$1:$F$5,A1)>0 Format as appropriate. $D$1:$F$5 is range being tested. Change as appropriate. A1 is the first cell of the range being condition...