Adding Across Worksheets #2

Hello all.

I saw a thread talking about this, but I can't figure out how to make it
work for me.

My worksheets contain the contribution for each person for one day out
of the week.  One issue I have is that all my worksheets have the date
for the worksheet name (it is easier to see what a person contributed on
a certain day if the date is immediately visible on the tabs).

I want to sum all the contributions for each person over the course of
about 6 months.   There are about 70+ people, and I want to show what
each person contributed totally.  Is there a way to do this using the
SUM formula?

I don't think this would be a conditional sum, unless I have to account
for blank cells outside the range of names and totals.

Thanks.

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!
http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm **
0
dhousto6 (10)
9/8/2004 10:23:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Is each person's name in the same location on each sheet?

If yes, say your info that you want to sum is in E19 of each sheet.

I'd add two sheets--one to the far left named Start and one to the far left
named Finish.

Then make sure your summary sheet is not between the Start/Finish worksheets.

Then you can use:
=sum(start:finish!e19)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Error message in publisher #2
When i open my document i get an error message but it doesn't tell me what the problem is. The message reads: Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted soruce and does not contain harmful information click ok. If you received this file from another person or machine and are not sure that the contents are safe click cancel. I can open the file but the message comes up every time. If it told be what the problem was that it detected - then maybe i could fix it. I do know that since the problem started i ...

Out of Office Assistant Missing #2
My "Out of Office assistant" is missing from the Tools bar and I cannot figure out how to set up an away message with out this. The Outlook Help indicates that I need the assistant to set up an away message. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you! Are you connecting to an Exchange Server as this is a pre-requisite, if not you can emulate it to a degree using the Rules Wizard. What version of Exchange! "Andriana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46ad01c4892e$556f3970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My "Out of Office assistant"...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

401 times out on sending worksheet mssg to headquarters
Doing a 401 and backdating to beginning of year to get these records from store db (the store db was originally QS2000 and upgrade to 2.0 was done; 101 sync with HQ was done as well and both were successful); the test database connection on both server and client are successful, and 401 without backdating processes OK but the backdated 401 hangs at the end, after uploading store data to HQ is successful, then Sending Worksheet message to headquarters is the task that hangs and times out after an hour; upload bandwidth isn't the best, this may be the reason? Is there a KB or section...

SumIf across multiple worksheets
I have 13 worksheets I want to sum quarterly. The formula I've been trying is: =SUMIF(A5:A36,"136982",'Apr 4:Jun 27'!G5:G36) but I get a #Value! error message. In column A I have contract numbers. In column G is the crew size. I want to sum all the crew size based on specific contract numbers. Any help is appreciated :) In each of the other worksheet, are the contact numbers also in column A? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Alberta Rose" <AlbertaRose@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Button Control calling CFormView #2
hi everyone, I Have a CFormview (FormB) that has a button. When this button is click, It will call another CFormView (FormA). How to do it? I am using VC++ 6.0. Newbie & Noobie wrote: > hi everyone, > > I Have a CFormview (FormB) that has a button. When this button is click, It > will call another CFormView (FormA). > > How to do it? I am using VC++ 6.0. I assume you have created your project with the aid of the class wizard from the IDE. if you double click your button in the resource editor class wizard should suggest a click handler method for your button. Within...

Newbie Question #2
I just created a spreadsheet. Before adding data, I highlighted columns c,e,f,h etc (one at a time) and clicked on the $ to make these columns display as currency. I then entered quite a bit of data. While entering the data, it appeared as currency. After entering all of the data, I began trying to sum a column. At this point in time, the data seems to have lost its currency format, e.g., where two dollars and twenty-seven cents formerly appeared as $2.27 it now appeared as 2.27 and it was left justified. All efforts to highlight the column, or even to work with a single cell, and...

Microsoft Outlook Express #2
I have five identities and I can go from one identity to another; but after 5-6 changes (from one identity to another) I am locked up out of Outlook and I have to restart the system (not Microsoft, but the operating system). I use Windows XP. Hey, I'm not actually sure about your prob, but there is a separate forum/newsgroup for Outlook Express. If you look to the left, you should see a main category called "Internet Technologies (5th main category from the top). Underneath that category should be a listing of four different Internet Explorer categories. Choose the ver...

Pictures are sent to stores within worksheet 250
I think it would be a good idea that item pictures are sent to the stores within the 250 worksheet (In a HQ enviroment) The procedure would be: Place the picture in the pictures folder in the hq directory Create the item in hq and assign the picture to the item Create a 250 worksheet containing the item The item is then created in the remote store database and the picture is placed in the pictures folder in the store operations directory at the remote store You can then share the pictures directory at the remote store and map a drive on all the tills to that folder and assign the net...

Sum up statistical results from 12 worksheets
I have 12 worksheets of certain data, that is one worksheet for every month of the year (i.e. Jan-Dec). In each worksheet/month I have already calculated the following functions/formulae: SUM MIN MAX AVERAGE STDEV Data above the AVERAGE (e.g. =COUNTIF(W5:W64,">"&W68)) Data below the AVERAGE (e.g. =ABS(COUNTIF(W5:W64,">"&W68)-COUNTIF(W5:W64,">0")) So, I now have this 13th spreadsheet that lists the results from the 12 worksheets/months. For example: Row C1:N1 Jan Feb Mar .... Dec lists the individual results from SUM Row C2:N2 Jan Feb Mar .....

Exchange 2003 Books #2
Any good books that really do a decent step by step of setting up and securing an Exchange 2003 server? Thanks Helm On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:02:23 -0500, "Matt Helm" <helm@somewhere.com> wrote: >Any good books that really do a decent step by step of setting up and >securing an Exchange 2003 server? > > >Thanks >Helm > Couldn't swear to a Read/See/Do book for setting up but one for ensuring you're secure is here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931836248/ref%3Disaserver/103-3597647-0211022 Thanks! "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <m...

Is there an "Execute" worksheet function?
Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is stored in a cell as a test string? Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will execute that expression and result in "7"? I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy. in the absence of putting = in front of c4, try this =LEFT(C4,FIND("+",C4)-1)+RIGHT(C4,LEN(C4)-FIND("+",C4)) -- Don Guillett Excel MVP SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:o5fn83thi0g5tivf55abvhv...

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Attachment problems #2
When someone in our office sends an e-mail from their Mac with an attachment(e.g. a jpeg file) those of us with PC's can't open it. However, if one of us with a PC can access the file, we can attach the file and send to everyone (and they can open it). What's going on? ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Specific Font that be contained within Office 2004 do not appear to Font Box on Mac OS X 10.3(panther). #2
There are "Gulim.ttf" and "Batang.ttf" Within Font Folder in Office 2004 Folder (Application folder or Office 2004 CD) These fonts are Window True type Font and Hangul font (using Korean) I have known the font automatically be installed in Font Box when Office 2004 setup. After I had selected these fonts beside All Font in collection window of font box then used disable button, These fonts disappeared in font Box. Perhaps it is rightful!. However When I added these fonts repeatedly, Only The "Batang.ttf" font appeared on Font Box window. unfortunately The &...

Error message on closing Outlook #2
I am getting the following error message when closing Outlook: The instruction at "0x77f83907" referenced memory at "0x009a4d4c". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program I have tried the Microsft Online help but it wouldn't accept my product number so I wondered if anyone else had encountered such an error. I would like to know what it's doing! cheers ...

create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered
I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered into it For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date I would like to automaticly create a new worksheet and call it that date entered to B11 Then if I type a Date into cell B12 a new worksheet would be created and named the date entered into B12 and so on Is this out of the question See response in your other post. "Zane" wrote: > I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered > into it > > For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date > I would l...