Add "pad" space to text in cell?

Is it possible to "pad" the text in a cell with added space before and/or
after the text?  I have Wrapping turned on.  With AutoFit, the top and
bottom cell edges come right up to the text; I'd like a little white space
between the text and the top and bottom edges, but without having to
manually adjust all the rows individually.  Is this possible?

Ed

0
ed_millis (164)
3/23/2005 4:23:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe you could add an alt-enter before the text and another alt-enter at the
end.

If your cells are formulas, you can use =char(10)&"yourformula"&char(10)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Ed

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Maybe you could add an alt-enter before the text and another alt-enter at
the
> end.
>
> If your cells are formulas, you can use =char(10)&"yourformula"&char(10)
>

> Ed wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to "pad" the text in a cell with added space before
and/or
> > after the text?  I have Wrapping turned on.  With AutoFit, the top and
> > bottom cell edges come right up to the text; I'd like a little white
space
> > between the text and the top and bottom edges, but without having to
> > manually adjust all the rows individually.  Is this possible?
> >
> > Ed
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
ed_millis (164)
3/24/2005 2:46:45 PM
Excel doesn't really make a good word processor <bg>.

--

Dave Peterson
0

> Excel doesn't really make a good word processor <bg>.
>
> Ed wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Dave.  I was hoping there was something like the paragraph
> > formatting in Word that would allow me to add just a few points of
space,
> > rather that a whole line width.  I don't know that I can format the
> > beginning and end char(10) as a different font size to give me a
different
> > space.
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > > Maybe you could add an alt-enter before the text and another alt-enter
at
> > the
> > > end.
> > >
> > > If your cells are formulas, you can use
=char(10)&"yourformula"&char(10)

> > and/or
> > space

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
ed_millis (164)

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

PIN Pads
I need to order PIN Pads and/or Signature Capture devices. I looked on the MS RMS website and did not see any compatible hardware listed under PIN pads. Which PIN pads are compatible with RMS? I'm currently using 1.3R but will switch to 2.0 when I get it Any suggestions or recommendations? Please go to www.pointofsalecomponents.com They have all the pinpads you need "Alex" wrote: > I need to order PIN Pads and/or Signature Capture devices. > > I looked on the MS RMS website and did not see any compatible hardware > listed under PIN pads. Which PIN pads ar...

3M SandBlaster 423-120 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 120-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet
Price:$7.30 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Sandblaster, 2 Pack, 120G 3.7" x 9" Large Flexible Abrasives Detailed Sandpaper, Lasts 10 Times Longer Than Normal Sandpaper, Extreme Durability, Ultimate Comfort, Sandpaper Can Also Be Used On Detailed Flexible Abrasives Tool True Value #630-485. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 3M SandBlaster 423-180 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 180-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLE1OO 3M SandBlaster 413-220 Flexib...

Publisher converted to Word Pad
I saved my Publisher files to disk because of a system restore need. When I reinstalled them they show up as Word Pad files. Someone sent me a Publisher file by email and it also shows up as Word Pad. How can I convert them back to Publisher format? Help, please! And thanks. Me thinks you mean when you attempt to open the files Word Pad comes up. If that is the situation, right click on any pub file and select "Open with.." select Publisher and ensure the little box "Always open with" is check and do OK. From then on all should be ok. -- Don Vancouver USA ...

Debit Card Pin Pad to work with Vital
I have a situation where I am trying to get a pin pad (Verifone 1000SE) to work with the preferred provider setup in RMS, using a different provider other than the ones Microsoft has specifically written this for. My processor is able to get the credit cards processing fine using the Preferred Provider setup in RMS ver. 2.0. Now they are trying to get the debit card transaction to work. They are using a Verifone Pin Pad 1000SE encrypted to the Vital processing specs. They ring up a sale in RMS, swipe the debit card, but eventually get a message that says the server is unavailable. ...

Add and replace in notepad
Im trying to re-format a very large data set so that i can make use of it. THe data is set out something like this: -1222 -1293 -1283 -8937 -2839 -2840 -3243 and i need it to be like this. -1222 -1293 -1283 -8937 -2839 -2840 -3243 Yes, i could do this manually but with about 65,000 entries this will take to long. I was hopeing to use the find & replace function to find all the gaps and replace them with [ENTER], but this i can not do. Does anybody know how to do this or of any other way of re-formatting data like this. Cheers, Andy, I...

Set up pin pad
Hi, Can someone out there guide me on how to set up a pin pad with RMS. We are set-up for credit cards but no ATM or check card.What hardware and cables are needed and whether I need to contact citibank to get this activated. Any help is appreciated. Regards JD ...

Customer account entry thru signature pad
When customer come to the retail pos counter, the ability for the customer to enter their phone # so that the account can track the purchase as well for future marketing and rewards. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolu...

How do I controle the order of the tasks in the task Pad?
When I print the dayly view for my calander the task pad list is not the priority list I want to show. How do I control the order and tasks that will print. did you try creating a view of the tasks you want to include before printing it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access...

Task Pad
Whenever I print my calendar for 1-page per day which will include my tasks, I get tasks that have been completed as well as those still open. I don't want them to show up. How do I stop these from printing. I only want tasks that are open. ej ...

task pad tasks disappear
when I change folders, the tasks disappear from my task pad in Calendar view. To get them back, all I have to do is open the customize this view on the task pad, open the filter button, hit the advance tab, and then close it all again -- I don't have to change anything about the filters. But I have to do this every time I change a view. What gives ...

task pad #2
What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: -All Tasks -Today's Tasks Thanks All Tasks also shows completed Tasks. "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29D1515-954A-450D-9CD0-B832DC7DA088@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: > > -All Tasks > -Today's Tasks > > Thanks ...

Set Cell Padding on word tables with merged cells
Dear Experts: Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table. Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged cells also get worked on? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub SetPadding Dim myCell As Cell Dim myRow As row Dim myTable As Table Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1) For Each myRow In myTable.rows For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myCell.TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0) myCell.BottomPadding = C...

Outlook/Task Pad 2003
In my monitor view I have 12 open tasks when I display the calendar view. When I print a daily calendar that includes the TaskPad, Calendar and Notes, I get the 12 open tasks but I also get all the closed tasks as well from days past. It didn't do this in Office XP or earlier and I can't find how to change this. Anybody know if this is a bug or if not, how to fix it. ej Joe, I am observing the same "feature". Did you find a solution? ...

Displaying long entry in Task Pad
Is there a way to have task pad "word wrap" and show long entries on multiple lines. My to-do list items are often too long for the space allowed. This problem extends to printing as well as the on-screen display. ...

Pin Pad
I have a Verifone Pin Pad 1000 but it has a 6 pin male adapter. Where can I purchase an adapter for my PC's serial port? Thank you for your help! ...

How to get "Task Pad" back in the view
In the "Calendar" view (when using daily view of calendar) I used to have "task pad" visible in the lower right section of the screen. Above it were calendar months - to the left of it was the daily calendar running top to bottom and at the very left was my "folder list". How can I get Task Pad to return? Thanks for your help. dl Close Outlook, Click Start, Run, enter OUTLOOK /CLEANVIEWS, click OK. "Denise Lessard" <deniselessard@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:014a01c35777$7683a6d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > In the "Calendar"...

I can't write numbers with the numbers pad
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Numeric pad doesn't work: if I digit 8 I move up, 2 goes down, 4 goes left and 6 goes right. I can't undertand why. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347607665_46249884 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 1/29/10 10:28 AM, in article 59bb1d4a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Massimo_Calvi@officeformac.com" <Massimo_Calvi@of...

Task Pad Views
Hi all, OK, maybe it's just me, but in the Outlook 2003 Task Pad, when I change the view to "View All Tasks" , it does not display ALL tasks! Specifically, tasks with due dates beyond today are not displayed. What do I have to do to have the Task Pad display ALL existing tasks. Thanks for your help. Phideaux Right-click on the header row in the TaskPad and then click Customize Current View. Click the Filter button and then click the Clear All button at the bottom. All filters should now be cleared and all tasks should be shown. I think the All Tasks view defaults to ...

Add "pad" space to text in cell?
Is it possible to "pad" the text in a cell with added space before and/or after the text? I have Wrapping turned on. With AutoFit, the top and bottom cell edges come right up to the text; I'd like a little white space between the text and the top and bottom edges, but without having to manually adjust all the rows individually. Is this possible? Ed Maybe you could add an alt-enter before the text and another alt-enter at the end. If your cells are formulas, you can use =char(10)&"yourformula"&char(10) Ed wrote: > > Is it possible to "pad&q...

change settings to open in word not word pad
everytime I try to open a document it trys to us wordpad and is unreadable how do I change the settings to open in word Go to control panel - Folder options- files and set association for DOC to word\SG "sidsid" <sidsid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:582EF55E-A38A-4D9A-9D7E-1ADFA76ED501@microsoft.com... > everytime I try to open a document it trys to us wordpad and is unreadable > how do I change the settings to open in word In Word, click Help, Detect and Repair to reset the associations shakey wrote: > Go to control panel -...

Id-tech uSign 200 Signature Capture Pad and RMS
Hello everyone, We have the Id-Tech uSign 200 Signature Capture Pad, serial connection, setup with RMS 2.0 for over a year now running the Usign OPOS Driver V2.00 on 2 registers. Many times when they do a CC transaction the customer is not prompted to sign the signature capture pad and the transaction completes itself without taking digital signature. They are processing with Mercury and they are not setup to not accept signature for transactions below a certain dollar amount. I'm wondering if anyone else is having their clients use this device and if they have experi...

Word Pad 2007 Won't remember Font choice
WordPad 2007 on Windows 7 RC refuses to remember the font that I choose. I can't see how to make a particular font default either. It constantly reverts to default font which I don't like as it is hard to read. I can change the font size and that stays changed. I am using WordPad to copy excerpts from web articles and each time I copy another excerpt and place it in the open document the font reverts from my Verdana choice to the default one. I recall having this same problem on Word 97 and my current Word 2002 on other machines. I can't remember how I fixed the p...

Make $total sale appear on electronic signature pad
How do I get the $ total of the sale to appear on the signature pad? I was told this was an RMS 'bug'. any truth? I have an ingEnicio David TPI Software added support for this in version 2 of their SmartPayments RMS plug-in. You can find more information on TPI Software at: http://www.tpisoft.com -- -- Andy Chau "David Parrish" wrote: > How do I get the $ total of the sale to appear on the signature pad? > > I was told this was an RMS 'bug'. any truth? > > I have an ingEnicio > > David > > > I have version 2. Even i...

Getting Notepad.exe text in Excel including leading spaces
I need to import some text from notepad into Excel. Some lines of text are indented. I need the text to have the same indentation after it's pasted into Excel. All of the text needs to go into columnA. Is this possible? How about File|Open point at your .txt file When you see the text import wizard, choose Delimited. But when you see the dialog to specify the delimiter, uncheck everything and then finish up. Sally wrote: > > I need to import some text from notepad into Excel. Some lines of text are > indented. I need the text to have the same indentation after it's pa...