Add on mouse click

------=_NextPart_000_0203_01C6FA91.775A5B10

Does anyone know a way to make Excel add a value to a total when the =
mouse clicks on an object?
I am trying to make a scoring table for PowerPoint. I can embed the =
table, but no luck with the function.
--=20
Marshall
Before you wonder, "Am I doing things right,"Ask"Am I doing the right =
things?"
------=_NextPart_000_0203_01C6FA91.775A5B10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2963" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; =
FONT-SIZE: 14pt; COLOR: #0000ff; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: italic; =
FONT-FAMILY: Arial"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" =
acc_role=3D"text"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Does anyone know a way to make Excel add a value to a total when =
the mouse=20
clicks on an object?</DIV>
<DIV>I am trying to make a scoring table for PowerPoint. I can embed the =
table,=20
but no luck with the function.<BR>-- <BR>Marshall<BR>Before you wonder, =
"Am I=20
doing things right,"Ask"Am I doing the right =
things?"</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0203_01C6FA91.775A5B10--

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't know what you mean when you say an object.  But you can use a
Worksheet_SelectionChange event macro to do what you want when you click on
a cell.  Is that what you had in mind?  HTH  Otto

--
Marshall
Before you wonder, "Am I doing things right,"Ask"Am I doing the right
things?"

0
ottokmnop (389)
10/28/2006 6:31:44 PM
Good question. I wanted to create a scoring mechanism that would add a
certain number of point to a teams score when I click on something. It
really does not matter to me what that is. I wanted to put something in the
PowerPoint slide to click on that would update the score.
Thanks for trying to help...

--

"Otto Moehrbach" <ottokmnop@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I don't know what you mean when you say an object.  But you can use a
>Worksheet_SelectionChange event macro to do what you want when you click on
>a cell.  Is that what you had in mind?  HTH  Otto
> "MARSHALL MOONEY" <fhsteacher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> Does anyone know a way to make Excel add a value to a total when the mouse
> clicks on an object?
> I am trying to make a scoring table for PowerPoint. I can embed the table,
> but no luck with the function.
> --
> Marshall
> Before you wonder, "Am I doing things right,"Ask"Am I doing the right
> things?"

The easiest thing to click is a button.  Here is a demo:

Sub button_maker()
    Application.CommandBars("Forms").Visible = True
    ActiveSheet.Buttons.Add(94.5, 75.75, 51, 27.75).Select
    Selection.OnAction = "mooney"
    ActiveSheet.Shapes(1).Select
    Selection.Characters.Text = "Bump"
    Application.CommandBars("Forms").Visible = False
End Sub

Sub mooney()
Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value + 3
End Sub

button_maker creats a button.  Once it has been run, you don't need to run
it again on that worksheet.  The second macro runs whenever the button is
clicked.  The second macro increments the value in cell A1 by 3.
--
Gary's Student

"MARSHALL MOONEY" wrote:

> Good question. I wanted to create a scoring mechanism that would add a
> certain number of point to a teams score when I click on something. It
> really does not matter to me what that is. I wanted to put something in the
> PowerPoint slide to click on that would update the score.
> Thanks for trying to help...
>
> --
> Marshall
> Before you wonder, "Am I doing things right,"Ask"Am I doing the right
> things?"
>
> "Otto Moehrbach" <ottokmnop@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >I don't know what you mean when you say an object.  But you can use a
> >Worksheet_SelectionChange event macro to do what you want when you click on
> >a cell.  Is that what you had in mind?  HTH  Otto
> > "MARSHALL MOONEY" <fhsteacher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Does anyone know a way to make Excel add a value to a total when the mouse
> > clicks on an object?
> > I am trying to make a scoring table for PowerPoint. I can embed the table,
> > but no luck with the function.
> > --
> > Marshall
> > Before you wonder, "Am I doing things right,"Ask"Am I doing the right
> > things?"

0
GarysStudent (1572)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Add on

Hiding/Unhiding several lines at the click of a button
Is there a code i could implement into my sheets to unhide or hide the same line on several sheets I want to enter the line number into a cell Press a button called either 'HIDE' or 'UNHIDE' The code selects the line number entered in the cell on all sheets and either hides or unhides them. Thanks Mally -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mally" <mallybee69@aol.com> wrote in message news:039701c3c2e3$2f0b4ba0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a code ...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Double click on shape in Webpage
Hello, Within Visio (2007) it is possible to double click on a shape to go to a selected page by change it's behaviour. However when saving the drawing to a web page this seems not to work. Is there a way to have this function being available on a web page? regards, Just Hi Just, You might want to "double-up" the linking functionality on the shape and add a Hyperlink that does the same thing as the double-click. Ctrl+K will get you to the hyperlink dialog quickly. Hyperlinks will export and function when you "Save As Web" -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Vi...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Opening files in Excel with mouse wheel set for doubleclick
I have installed Office Student & Teacher Edition 2003 on two machines - both running XP Professional. On both computers I have optical wheel mouses (one MS, one Logitech) with the wheel button set for double-click. However, on either machine the double-click does not work when trying to open workbooks in Excel 2003 (or documents in Word 2003 for that matter). The filename is just highlighted, but if I press the wheel button a second time then the file will open, even if there is a large time interval between the two clicks. On one computer I upgraded from Office 2000 while the othe...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Add target to trend chart
I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have a specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line on the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line, without having to populate a new column with the same number? Thanks Two options, 1) Simply draw a line where your target is at using the drawing toolbar. 2) Add an additional series to your chart containing two points. The X value of the points indicates the length of your line. The Y values should be set to your target. "Patience" <...

Can I add other data to a pivot chart
I want to add a target line to a pivot chart. The data for the target line would be from a different source (worksheet) to the underlying pivot table. Is this possible (by workaround or otherwise)? A pivot chart can only display data from the pivot table. This can be overcome by drawing a line and hoping it doesn't move too much. I would instead make a regular chart from the pivot table, and add the data for the additional line. To make a regular chart from a pivot table, select a blank cell that's not touching the pivot table and start the chart wizard. In step 2, you must use...

How To Add Filters To Add Ins List ???
I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS. I have install the conversion to read office 2007. When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt How do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ??? Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power point files??? I is very knowledgeable on VBA. Thank You, Gary You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have those. :-) That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows...

Fill in form add picture
I have a Word doc that is a protected, fillable form. I want to add a field where people who edit the file can insert a picture/logo -when the file is protected. How do I do that? Thanks, Caroline See http://jay-freedman.info/form_picture.zip. It's a complicated scheme -- if you have trouble applying it to your form, contact me by email. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Caroline wrote: > I have a Word doc that is a protected,...

how do I add functions together in an excel Chart?
I am trying to determine the equation for three different functions in a scatter plot on graph in excel. I then want to have excel add these functions together. Does anyone know how to perform these functions? You can use the trendline feature to determine the formula. Select a series, then use Add Trendline from the Chart menu. To add these functions together, you can add together coefficients of the individual trendlines. To avoid errors, display the trendline formulas with a high degree of precision: format the formula, and on the Number tab, choose a Scientific format with 15 dec...