Activecell.activate dont work

hi everyone!!
i need a urgent help on this one.
i recieve a excell sheet with macro that is running perfectly in
japan.
when i recieved it, it halt on the line with
activecell.activate
which is in the first line of the program.
the error says:
run-time error '-2147319784(80028018)':
Method 'Activate' of the 'Range' failed

does this error has to do with my operating system
which is win xp prof? or with my office 2000?

thank you very much!! and  more power to you!!!

excel 39880 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ActiveCell.Activate is nonsense.
The Active Cell is active (and selected) by definition.
Try deleting this line of code.

Regards
BrianB

SECRET <SECRET.ux0un@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:<SECRET.ux0un@excelforum-nospam.com>...
> hi everyone!!
> i need a urgent help on this one.
> i recieve a excell sheet with macro that is running perfectly in
> japan.
> when i recieved it, it halt on the line with
> activecell.activate
> which is in the first line of the program.
> the error says:
> run-time error '-2147319784(80028018)':
> Method 'Activate' of the 'Range' failed
>
> does this error has to do with my operating system
> which is win xp prof? or with my office 2000?
>
> thank you very much!! and  more power to you!!!

Brian.anon (77)
10/7/2003 12:48:30 PM
Brian,

It's not nonsense.

It may not often be required, but it can be used when the selection
might be something other than a range - such as a drawing object. Then
the focus would move from the drawing object back to the activecell.

HTH,
Bernie

"BrianB" <Brian.anon@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> ActiveCell.Activate is nonsense.
> The Active Cell is active (and selected) by definition.
> Try deleting this line of code.
>

> Regards
> BrianB
>

> SECRET <SECRET.ux0un@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> > hi everyone!!
> > i need a urgent help on this one.
> > i recieve a excell sheet with macro that is running perfectly in
> > japan.
> > when i recieved it, it halt on the line with
> > activecell.activate
> > which is in the first line of the program.
> > the error says:
> > run-time error '-2147319784(80028018)':
> > Method 'Activate' of the 'Range' failed
> >
> > does this error has to do with my operating system
> > which is win xp prof? or with my office 2000?
> >
> > thank you very much!! and  more power to you!!!

> > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
deitbe (121)

Active X Problems
I have an authorized copy of Office 2003. I went to the Office Homepage to take a training course. After being forwarded to help sections on Active X components , I followed all the requests. When I open "Manage Add Ons" , I can't find microscoft active x Add On to enable it Peter To change your Active X settings: from within Internet Explorer Tools>Interner Options>Security>Custom Level then scroll down and adjust the radio buttons to enable for active X controls to allow the Microsot site to download the training stuff. Hope this helps Jess "Peter F. Marge...

OWA issue certain emails dont open
Win2k / Exch2k / OWA In looking into a problem with certain emails not opening I found it was down to the IISlockdown tool, in particular the Urlscan.ini file. The following section of urlscan.ini disables the ability to view emails in OWA that contain these characters in the subject line:- [DenyUrlSequences] ... ; Don't allow directory traversals ../ ; Don't allow trailing dot on a directory name \ ; Don't allow backslashes in URL % ; Don't allow escaping after normalization & ; Don't allow multiple CGI processes to run on a single request the urlscan.ini...

why do i need to iisret everytime I boot for crm to work ?
Hi guys, I have a crm sql and iis server on same box with win 2008 and its also a domain controller. Everytime I boot, i need to make a iisreset for crm to work. Anyone get this also? Thanks ...

Making a field active
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet to calculate tips for wait staff. There is no cash involved and all tips are paid through the server's paycheck.I would like the spreadsheet to contain all the names of the staff and be able to designate which ones worked that particular shift for the tip share. For example, there are 10 waitresses who work at the establishment but only 5 work on any given day. I am given a total amount of tips for the day which is divided equally among those who worked that shift. Right now the work is done manually and is sometimes time consuming. Thanks, Kay p...

How to Call Macros to Activate once a cell's value has changed?
Hi all I realise how stupid i m because i can't remember how i used to d these things... it's been a while since i last touched vb again... ho can i get the macros to run once a cell's value has changed and how can get the macros to run upon opening the workbook? cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi 1. for the first question use the worksheet_change event of your worksheet. e.g. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub With Target ...

Newbie: Adding Schema breaks working code

Printer not working.....again...
I am having problems installing a reciept printer. Epson TM-T88III. I have the OPOS drivers and can't remember whether to install with Common Control Objects or Epson CO. This printer was working fine until someone decided they were going to create their own user account. (Which they have been told multiple times NOT to do as it has been proven this computer HATES user accounts.) When I try to print in POS it just gives me an error about unable to connect with the printer or something. Oh and when trying to install a printer in OPOS and trying to "check health interactive" i...

Outlook won't work
Hi, I bought an Office Pro OEM with Publisher and installed it. Before that I removed my office 2003 completely. When I tried to open my Outlook I got the error: "Unable to open your default email folders. Could not open the item. Try again." Help please. Recreate your mail profile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button SHow Profiles... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Cedric" <csrl@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:1...

Defining an Activecell
Each month I add new data to an existing sheet. I then want to run a macro to insert a new column and a formula. Trouble is this data increases rows each month and I need to be able to identify the final row each time so I can copy the formula down. ie in Jan the data finished at row 100. In Feb it finishes at row 200. I need the macro to be able to know to copy the formula down to row 200 in Feb for example. Hi Ant You can use this function fir finding the last row with data on thye worksheet Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet) On Error Resume Next LastRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:=...

Autosuggest will not work
I did a clean install of office/outlook 2010 on windows 7 ultimate. The data was from the a outlook 2010 beta .pst file. I have three e-mail account feeding into one profile. I cannot get the autosuggest to work. I see names in the "suggested contacts," however even if I use the :check names," they will not auto populate the to, cc or bcc fields. Any ideas? Thanks...... Why would you expect them to? Check names uses your Contact data, not your autocompletion cache. Always has. -- Russ Valentine "44" <44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Working with date fields in a form
I have three fields in a form. The first field is the first service date, the second field is the amount of time in days until the service should be scheduled again, the third field is the next service date. What I would like to do is add the days in the second field to the date in the first field and populate the third field with a projected date. Example: Field 1: 01/01/10 Field 2: 90 (days) Field 3: 04/01/10 (automaticaly calculated) Can this be done? Thanks James Take a look at the DateAdd() function in VBA help. One of your fields will be unbound... it will be the second...

help with exchange active sync error
Hello, I have a few users using OMA to get their email on their mobile devices. Out of three of them i have one user that continually generates errors within the exchange server. the erro is Source: MSExchangeActiveSync Category: OMA Push Event Sink Event ID: 11312 Description: The device information file could not be retrieved from the user's mailbox. The URL for the item is <file://./backofficestorage/server.org/MBX/bsmith/Inbox/meeting.EML>. I cannot find much information on this error. I tried running the Exchange ActiveSync Notify Troubleshooter, but when i go to l...

Contact or Account in the Activity Manager window?
Is there anyway to show either Contact or Account in the Activity Manager? Thanks MAark ...

calendar and reminders not working
i have a strange one, after doing a search in these newsgroups i find alot of issues with reminders but none that quite match the issue that i am having. My users are schedule reoccurring reminders and daily tasks that used to pop-up and remind them on time... now they pop-up anywhere's from 3-24 hours late, or sometimes not at all. I have checked the time on the exchange 5.5 server and everything is in sync. There must be known issues of this happeneing and a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Try this link I had the same issue http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tree...

Can't assign macro to autoshape on one computer, but it works on the other.
On both computers: 1) I've inserted an autoshape into my spreadsheet. (Insert Picture Autoshapes Heart) 2) I want to assign a macro to it. So, I right-click it. One the "Bad" computer nothing happens. On the "Good" computer a pop-up/ short-cut window appears with an "assign macro..." option. I've compared the settings on the two computers, yet I can't figure out what I need to do to be able to assign a macro to an autoshape on the "bad" computer. Any ideas?? Thanks, Jim naughty, naughty computer :) have you put text in your heart? ...

Email Service Activity Notes
Our company is looking for a way to automatically send an email with service activity details to our customers once we complete the activity. The problem I am having is inserting the Service Activity Notes into the email template. Is there a way to do this? Hi, There is no built in feature to do that. You need to use CRM SDK to write code which sends email with body including notes. You may develop workflow assembly or callout as per your requirments. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gm...

Outlook 2007 Rule dose not work on aditional pst
Hi, I have a rule in outloo2007 that sends all new email form a given account to a secondary personal folder (PST). when a new email comes in I get a "cannot move to the XXXXXX folder" I created a new pst, same thing.! Any ideas? ...

Campaign Activity
As part of a campaign we have a phone call activity. I'm probably being really stupid but is there a way the user can reshedule a follow up call within the campaign, if for example they are told to ring back at a later date?? There is no option available on the actions menu unlike normal activites. Also can someone explain to me why campaign activites on not displayed on the contact/account activity list. It seems rather annoying that a user can't click on an account/contact and see what campaign activcities need to be completed. Thanks for any help. Hi Tom, opening a phone c...

check activities condition doesn't work .. HELP
I am trying to define a create case workflow rule for the following scenario. 1. A user creates a case. 2. The case is assigned to the appropiate support person. 3. Through a workflow rule an email is send to the client. 4. After a certain amount of time if no activites were created besides the email generated automatically by the workflow rule, the case will be escalated and an email will be sent out. In my workflow rule, I added the check activities condition with the Include activities created by the workflow option not checked. But it seems like regardless of whether that options is chec...

Activation
Repost from MS forum (by me): A few days back I asked how to update the Money program to extend the online services as I bought a new copy off EBay. The advice was to reinstall. Here is the correct procedure for anyone following this path. Tools/online services activation. Click on update key & enter your new key. After an internet connection to the servers your program will be reset. A restart is mandatory. Help/About will reflect your new extended date. Of course the date is overly unrealistic buy better than the 20 days to expiration I was facing. Hope this helps. (I have an e...

Why don't my Statement Completion work properly?
Firstly, it does not show the data member or member function other than those defined by me; e.g. if I define class CMyDialog::public CDialog { int m_data; int mFunc(); } Only m_data and mFunc() will appear in the statement completion list. When I copy the entire workspace to another PC, it works very well. Would you please tell me what's the matter? Secondly, when my code grows to certain length, the Statement Completion list does not appear at all! Thanks very much! It could be the .ncb file is corrupted or something or that you have it turned off in install of devstudio b...

Activity on custom entity?
I've created some entities outside of crm. Is is possible to point an activity to an entity that is not an intrinsic crm type? Basically, when the user clicks an activity in their queue, I want it to open a particular url, passing the objectid and objecttype on the url. I see where to add objecttypecode, objecttypecodename, and objectid in the activity schema, but I'm thinking I need to provide the url somewhere. Rob This feature is not provided within the current version. This is likely to be implemented in V2. If you want to do this now you will have to use the SDK to pro...

active X runtime error 3711 11-10-09
I am getting an ActiveX error "runtime error 3711 operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously." I did some reading and so far all i know is an ADO error i am running RMS 2.0 with the updates for XP SP3 as that is the OS that it is on. I still dont know how to deal with the error, can someone assist. When are you getting this?> -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Andaiye" <Andaiye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25BCA873-9DD7-4370-BCB5-F8951C196426@microsof...

Activecell problem #2
I have a really basic question I am trying to print a certain area which starts at a certain cell which may differ every week. I have the code to get to the bottom right of the area I want to print but then I want to select the area, from the active cell to A3: 'go to the bottom cell in colum L Range("L100").End(xlUp).Select ???????? what goes in here?????? 'Print the selected area ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Any help appreciated. remove your select line and add range(Range("A3"),Range("L100").End(xlUp)).Select -...

Restrict Access to Activities by 'Regarding' Entity?
I have created some custom entities that contain sensitive data and should only be viewable by certain individuals. I can use security roles to prevent others from seeing them, which works great. The problem is that everyone can see the activities that are owned by the new entities, even though the users can't see them. I want to be able to hide any activities that are owned by entities to which the user has no rights. Does anyone know how to do this? Note that I've thought of creating a separate business unit to handle this. The problem is that I have users that do need their ...