A Pretty Easy One....

....if you know this stuff...

How can I build a RANGE reference? I do a search and find the row I want is
RNDX; now I want to insert a pagebreak:

  .HPageBreaks.Add.Range("A",RNDX)  ???????

Thanks./R

0
ran (54)
8/11/2004 7:32:48 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

    .HPageBreaks.Add     .Range("A" & RNDX)

or, use Cells() instead:

    .HPageBreaks.Add    .Range(RNDX,1)

In article <6uuSc.44864$Al5.19873@fe31.usenetserver.com>,
 "Randy Numbers" <ran@hotmail.com> wrote:

> How can I build a RANGE reference? I do a search and find the row I
> want is RNDX; now I want to insert a pagebreak:
>
> .HPageBreaks.Add.Range("A",RNDX)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/11/2004 7:47:20 PM
JE,

And thanks again!   .../Randy

On 11-Aug-2004, JE McGimpsey <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

>  .HPageBreaks.Add     .Range("A" & RNDX)

0
ran (54)

All mail changes to Read, after one is read
One of our users on Win 2000, Outlook 2000 has a sudden problem: If he gets several new emails, all of which show up in Bold, if he reads any one of them all of the others change from bold to normal, so he can't tell whcih ones he has really read, other than re-reading them all. This never happened until yesterday. He has not changed his PC in any way, no new hardware or software. What may have changed this, and how do I fix it for him? Thanks, Mich ...

Copy row data from one sheet to one or more sheets depending on number of tick boxes selected (in the same row)
Hi I'm struggling to copy rows from one sheet to one or more sheet. What I have. Columns A to C contains user info eg Name, Company, email Address. Columns D to H is various emails lists the user belongs to eg: Tech News, Sales, etc etc. A user can belong to one or more distribution list. What I want to do. When I select one or more lists in Columns D to H (textbox linked to cell), I want the data from Columns A to C for the user to be copied to new sheets. There will be a sheet for every distribution list. When I deselect a user from a list it should be removed automatically from t...

Rules - Error message
The following message; "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." This error message is apearing when a user is setting up their rules, we many users and only 1 with the error. Has anybody seen this before. Hello, I've excatly the same message, do you have found a solution ? Thanks. >-----Original Message----- > >The following message; > >"One or more rules could not be uploaded to...

How to combine cells into one
I am trying to map a product list to a template for their my website ecommerce app. my product fields don't match up exactly with the website so in some cases I need to consolidate fields. I would like take some columns and combine them into one.. but instead of taking 1,2,3 into 123 I want to add some text and stuff in between... ie, some of the columns I have are measurements so the numbers alone might be meaning less. I'm not really excel savvy but I tried =B2&othercolumns, but the problem with this is there are no spaces. I tried adding spaces before and or after ...

Easy crytal clear ques!!
hi guys I am new to Crystal reports and programming in general.Could anyone tell me how to view the code for crystal reports.I have been given few reports to study but dont know how to view the code behind. Plz help!! Mr Novice if a formula is placed on a crystal report and that formula has code you should be able to right click and edit the formula which will take you to the code ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "MrNovice" <akhil.gupta04@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146824233.749886.316810@j73g2000c...

Collating data....is there an easy way?
Hi all, In a single workbook I have twelve worksheets, these are values for week 1, summaries for week 1, graphs for week 1, values for week 2, summaries for week 2, graphs for week 2, etc up to week 4. I now want to create 3 sheets collating the data for all four weeks. I certainly could use sum, but I wonder if there is a better way. The cell references are the same for each of the sheets I want to collate. Thanks, Danny Hi have a look at 'Data - consolidate' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Aardvark" <djurmann(at)hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbei...

capital one sign in info
I have Money 2006 standard edition. I automatically update most of my accounts. I was recently able to automatically download transaction from my Capital one credit card. I disabled the online service to make a change to my interest rate. I then went to set up the online service again. I select Capital one Bank, then its gives me 3 choices 1) No, I don't have sign in information for Capital one, 2) Yes, I have the sign-in information for the capital one bank, but I don't have special sign-in information for use with Money, 3) Yes, I have special sign-in information for use ...

Copy data from one workbook to another?
I have two excel workbooks that I need to update data from workbook into workbook 2. The workbooks are both customer lists with custome assigned to each person. In one book I have a customer code (A,B, or C assigned to each customer number. I need to copy that code for eac customer and enter it in a new column in workbook 2. For example cust# 123 has code B assigned to them, I need to go int workbook 2 and assign B to cust# 123. I have about 11,000 entries to d this for. Any help -- Lovelock, Davi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lovelock, David'...

Two items, hopefully easy
I know this first one is probably explained in some document, but I haven't found it.... 1) When viewing the list of companies or contacts, the lit view defaults to My Active Companies. How can I change the default? Is it a per user setting? 2) When I click Track in CRM when sending an email in Outlook 2003, the email is posted in CRM. When I view the email, the from address displays my email address in red with a red question mark. Also the message "The sender's eimail address could not be resolved to a record in the system." I then have to resolve it manually. My em...

extracting data from one workbook to another
Hi, I tried this macro (below), but didn't work...Not sure what happened. Please let me clarify my need... I have Sheet1 open in WorkBook1 with data in the range A1:G200 I need a macro to select & copy the last 73 rows of data,in this case A128:G200 and paste it on Sheet1 of WorkbookB starting at B10. Note this data range can change from day to day. Then copy the next set of 73 rows from the bottom, in this case A56:G127 and Paste that on cell K1 WorkbookB Sheet1. and so on until all the data is separated as such. Please help again. thx "JLGWhiz" wro...

Updating out of sync on one clint
One client on our network has not updated properly. It's like as if it didnt update one day and has been updating since. Only some of their data is inconsistant, data changed on one day, while since this was noticed all their data has been updating normally but the the data changes that they missed have not updated themselves. Any ideas how to remedy. Tried total refresh (ctrl+F5), logging in with different user on their client(data was perfect), diconnecting and reconnecting to server ...

easy way....
Dear all, I recently joined AGLOCO because of a friend recommended it to me. I am now promoting it to you because I like the idea and I want you to share in what I think will be an exciting new Internet concept. AGLOCO's story is simple: Do you realize how valuable you are? Advertisers, search providers and online retailers are paying billions to reach you while you surf. How much of that money are you making? NONE! AGLOCO thinks you deserve a piece of the action. AGLOCO collects money from those companies on behalf of its members. (For example, Google currently pays AOL 10 cent...

Merging Multiple columns into one
How do you reverse the Text to columns function in excel. I need to merge 8 columns into one with out losing any of the data in the columns. I separated and address into multiple columns to do a sort on my worksheet, now I want to merge the address data back together. The long-hand way is to create a 'helper' column and enter a formula to join each column back together. Example: =A1&","&B1&","&C1&","&D1 This would join columns A to D separated with a comma Then simply copy the formula down the column. >-----Original ...

Pretty print XML?
I am sure this has been asked enough to warrant an FAQ but I could not find it. Does anyone have some code and maybe an XSLT stylesheet that would allow me to transform an XML string to a "pretty" version (nodes indented on separate lines, etc.)? Thank you for your help. Kevin Kevin Burton wrote: > I am sure this has been asked enough to warrant an FAQ but I could not > find it. > > Does anyone have some code and maybe an XSLT stylesheet that would allow > me to transform an XML string to a "pretty" version (nodes indented on > separate lines, et...

Excahneg server down when one of the GC's is offline?
Checking the Exchange System Manager Directory Access tab I found the following. When server02 is offline exchange (on server03) stops responding. Any idea why and what I can do about it? Thanks! Server01 (ops master) Config Auto Server02 DC Auto Server01 DC Auto Server02 GC Auto Server01 GC auto Is there a way to change the order of the list so that my Server01 is first in line? If you uncheck auto-discover, you can point it to whichever server you choose... "you know who maybe" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message news:1199uk3djse922a@news.supernews.com... &g...

Easy way to hide/unhide rows
Is there a way to "mass" hide or unhide preselected rows. I need to keep this simple and not get into true programming, however I suspect that I may need to get myself to the next level of ability. I just don't like the idea of introducing the complexity of future support. ... that being said, and recognizing that I know nothing about macro's aside from basic "keystroke recording" functionality, what is my simplest way to "push a button" and instantly hide or unhide a range of selected (flagged in some way) rows. Mark -- Markshnier ----------------...

Using a function result in one cell to change a format in another cell
I am trying to use a function result (ie: if a result of one cell = whatever), then the font color in a different cell & a different sheet should change to another color. Hi Andrew one way: 1. Select the cell which you want to check (lets say cell A1 on sheet 1) 2. Define a name for this Cell (goto 'Insert - Name - Define'). e.g. define the name 'Conditional_Check' 3. Select the cell for which you want the color to change based on the first cell's result 4. Goto 'Format - Conditional Format' and enter the following formula: =Conditional_Check=value 5. Define y...

one note opens all folders
For a couple of weeks now onenote opens all the folders on my computer as the default. I just want it to do the 'explore' option as normal. It only opens folders in onenote, not the documents or other file types contained within them, they open as normal. I've tried to reset the defaults for folders through control panel with no success. I've read you can delete a key in the registry to fix this but I'm not sure about doing this. My computer runs vista and onenote 2007. I'm not sure what's caused the problem, my computer's aniti-virus Kaspe...

Two Calculations in one cell?
Is it possible to have 2 separate calculations in one cell? I have a summary Table on one Sheet which gets its values from two other sheets. D E F G H I 2000/1 2001/2 2002/3 2003/4 2004/5 20 Bonus: Area 15 11 10 6 10(2) 21 Bonus: National 28 29 63 22 39(5) 22 Voucher : Area 22 52 84 54 52(7) 23 Voucher : National 36 7 25 21 17(3) 24 Team ...

When I open a workbook, another one called Book1 is also opened. W
This Book1 becomes the current book. If I go to Window on the toolbar I can switch to my correct workbook. Why is this Book1 being opened? I can cure it by closing Book1, then saving my correct workbook, then closing that one. The next time I open my workbook, Book1 has disappeared. Do you mean two different sheets within the same workbook? "Ian@MarlandLtd" wrote: > This Book1 becomes the current book. If I go to Window on the toolbar I can > switch to my correct workbook. Why is this Book1 being opened? I can cure it > by closing Book1, then saving my correct workbo...

Adding an appt on 3 calendars at one time
I am trying to add an appointment on my main calendar but also need the appointment to show up on 2 other calendars. Does anyone know the secret to this? Where are the other folders? The usual method is to copy and paste on the calendar folders, but if it’s a mailbox or mail enabled folder you can use a meeting invitation. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter ...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

deleting rows from one sheet based on 2nd sheet
I need help - please: I have 2 Excel sheets: 1 – Contains all contact details (aaprx 900 rows) 2- Contains email addresses which have bounced back over the past 3 months (approx 80 rows) Sheet 1 - first_name, last_name, email, company, job_title, street_no, etc, etc, etc., Sheet 2 – email_address How can I write a macro or function to delete the rows in sheet 1 that contain the bounced email addresses listed in sheet 2 All help appreciated. Here's a quick fix you could apply using formulas .. Source data is assumed in Sheet1, cols A to H (say), data from row2 down, with ema...

Chart to show response to a question. One of answer 15 choices.
I know this will be simple but I can't figure it out. On a number of given dates I ask how happy people are and get a number of responses between 1 and 15. I then need to plot the number of occurences of those individual respones i.e. two people were 2, three people were 7 etc. I guess it might be a simple X/Y but I just cannot fathom it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Nick. Hi, You need to create a summary table of possible responses and tally. Assuming responses are in A1:A15 in B1:B5 are the value 1 to 5, which are the available responses. ...

how to sinchronise public task folder with local one
Is there a way to have a public task folder and local one in my outlook 2002 to synchronize. Now I have tasks in both and it is hard for me to track and update them. Also, the one in public folder will not send me reminders. We are running on 5.5 with SP4 but moving to 2000 soon. Thanks, George This type of synchronization is not built into Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm#exssync for possible solutions. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode...