3 hole punched paper and excel spreadsheets

Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift
tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a
baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
0
carl6449 (2)
2/27/2004 3:08:29 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On the print preview.  Click the margins button.  At the top border, there
are small black tabs (margin tabs).  If you drag the margin tabs over
slightly,  you may be able to get everything you want on the page.  If it
doesn't work exit the workbook but don't save the changes. Anywho, make a
backup of your file before you mess with it, that way you can go back to the
original.

"carlos" <carl@caps-shirts.com> wrote in message
> Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift
> tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a
> baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl
>
> *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
> Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Another way is to add a blank column to the left of your data and include
that blank column in your print range.  Then vary the width of that blank
column to move your printed data left or right.  HTH   Otto
"carlos" <carl@caps-shirts.com> wrote in message
> Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift
> tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a
> baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl
>
> *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
> Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Custom format #3
To format a custom format for credit cards I tried 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no matter what number I put in. Yes have tried it several times, on sheet the church sent me and again trying it on Excel 2003. Weird problem always ends in 0 ?? On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:56:59 -0400, "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote: >To format a custom format for credit cards I tried > 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. >Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no...

how do I create an invoice from a spreadsheet
I have a simple spreadsheet and I want to create an invoice from the data in the spreadsheet can anyone help? You could try:- File New New Invoice.xlt then modify this template with your own data. This is probably as easy as creating your own invoice. Hope this helps. Steve "perry" <perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0652C6A0-6588-4A01-AF49-BE87E9B3C92A@microsoft.com... > I have a simple spreadsheet and I want to create an invoice from the data in > the spreadsheet can anyone help? ...

drop down menus in excel #2
is it possible when using a drop down menu to have an error message pop up if you've selected something that has already been used. Example - if you are making seating plans where you want to make sure you don't select the same person twice. There's an example here for preventing duplicate entries with data validation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html#Unique Or you can hide used items in the dropdown list: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html rowing coach wrote: > is it possible when using a drop down menu to have an error message pop up > ...

Excel Crashing
Hey all, I am having issues with excel crashing when I go to save the document. I believe it has to do with the macros but am unsure at this point. The sheet works perfectly fine in Office 2003. Attached is the error message. Any help/suggestions on how to look further would be greatly appreciated. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: EXCEL.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6024.5000 Application Timestamp: 465f21c3 Fault Module Name: EXCEL.EXE Fault Module Version: 12.0.6024.5000 Fault Module Timestamp: 465f21c3 Exception Code: c0000005 Exceptio...

How do I create a "floating" header in Excel so I can always see i
contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com Andy To have row 1 always in view as you scroll down. Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes. Rule is: whatever is above and left of the selected cell will be frozen after you hit Window>Freeze Panes. i.e. select B2 to have Column A and Row 1 frozen. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:38:00 -0800, Andy Heal <Andy Heal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com ...

Excel 2007: Vlookup
in my results column, I have a series of #N/A where there is no result. Is there anyway to have that left blank unless there IS a value to return? Yes, "wrap" your VLOOKUP() in a test for the error. There is a specific test for the #N/A error: example formula that could return #N/A: =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!B1:Z1000,23,False) wrapped up to prevent the display: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!B1:Z1000,23,False)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!B1:Z1000,23,False)) "ocean mist" wrote: > in my results column, I have a series of #N/A where there is no result. Is &g...

3 leaflets in landscape on an A4 page. Any suggestions?
Microsoft has wonderful templates. Love them. Can't find a leaflet back and front which is on an A4 page which requires only 2 slices to make it in to 3 leflets. Max usage of paper, minimum cost and minimum environmental cost. Start with something close and modify it. Or remember that not everything needs to be started with a template. Creativity goes a long way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rosemarie" <Rosemarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777EFC05-28DA-45A1-A6FA-687400391573@microsoft.com... > Microsoft has wonderful...

Windows Excel 2000 file running on an IMac computer
Hi I have an excel spreadsheet with codes and macros in it. It was written in Excel 2000 for windows. Does any know if it will run on an IMac computer running Excel for mac? Thanks in advance for you help Kimberly I don't use a Mac, but I've seen a lot of code posted by Mac users that'll work on wintel pc's. But I think the real answer is it depends. If the windows macro used things that are specific to windows, then you'll have trouble. If it's pretty plain vanilla stuff, then you'll be ok. I think the test is really just running it and testing the heck out...

WU hangs on 3 of 3
Fresh SBS 2008 install, installed SP2 afterwards, reboot all ok, then executed windows update with all criticals, it downloads and installs succesfully. After reboot it starts windows with "configuring updates x of 3, don't turn off your computer" and the server hangs there on the "3 out of 3" on 0%, there's no lan or disk activity at all and the progress circle just keeps running. This already happened yesterday with a canceled WU(before installing SP2) and we had to format and reinstall thanks to this problem because safe mode worked but after th...

in excel, how do I find which value doesn't have a pair?
I have a list with many values that are listed twice, how do I find which values DON'T have a pair? Here's a previous thread that may help http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&query=unique+values&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&p=1&tid=96064307-bb0d-4fb0-b4de-20679c58dfda&mid=96064307-bb0d-4fb0-b4de-20679c58dfda tj "curiousjackie" wrote: > I have a list with many values that are listed twice, how do I find which > values DON'T have a pair? One way is to use the COUNTIF(...

mail delivery #3
i just install new echange 2003 ent. to existing 2000 ad where is exchange 2000 standard. In my test enviroment all mail delivery succees in new server, but when i do exactly same in production, those one's which are in exchange 2003 they can't get any mails from "old server" or outside our corporate. They can send mail to users which mailboxes are inside our corporate, and they received mails from new servers. ...

excel vba
I have this formula in cell K47, but it comes up as #VALUE, what i missing =IF(H15="some name",SUM(K42:K44)+K46),IF(H15<>"anothe name",SUM(K42:KK46)) any idea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi how about =IF(H15="some name",SUM(K42:K44,K46),IF(H15<>"another name",SUM(K42:K46),"") Cheers JulieD "chief >" <<chief.1c814z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:chief.1c814z@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have this formula in cell K47, but it comes up as #VALUE, what is > missing ...

Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 Migration.
Hello, I am in a bit of trouble here and need some help. We have a Windows 2003 Standard server (X86) running SQL 2005 and SharePoint Services 3.0. We need to migrate the SharePoint Services 3.0 to a Windows 2008 R2 server running SQL 2005 X64. The server name will be different than the original server. Since we have the server name, the operating system version and the processor architecture changing I am looking for clear instructions on how to migrate the SharePoint Application. I read a lot websites including this one here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc5...

Office Suite Excel to Works Excel
I'm trying to copy data from Office Suite to Works but the data won't paste the same way and I can't figure out to format it to match the original document. Is there a way? Any suggestions? What are you trying to copy and paste? Which program, (Word, Excel, etc). I haven't used Works that much but I believe it to be a bit of a poor relation to Office. A lot of the functionality that's in Office isn't in Works I'm told, Regards, Alan. "Frances" <ftaylor@msbit.net> wrote in message news:u$Aph$AnIHA.5260@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I'm try...

math #3
How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, 2000, etc. I think you need to provide much more detail to get a useful reply. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044868EC-8884-4E40-9F93-EE9C5EFABCFA@microsoft.com... > How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, > 2000, etc. maybe something like =AVERAGE(ROW(INDIRECT("1998:2005"))) as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- ...

Duplicate look_up values in VLOOKUP #3
Hi all, I've got a VLOOKUP formula functioning in the usual way. However, sometimes the look_up value is duplicated. When this occurs VLOOKUP always returns the first instance of the entry. Is there a means to get Excel to ignore entries it has already returned an entry for? The VLOOKUP is part of a bigger formula, being: =IF(AND('Dependency Log'!$A2=Matrix!$B3, 'Dependency Log'!$E2=Matrix!D$2),(VLOOKUP($B3,look_up,2,FALSE) ),"") Any ideas? TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Prof...

Upgrade #3
Hi Folks; If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP ????????????????? TIA Later, Malcolm On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:38:57 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@yahoo.com> wrote: > >If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade >just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP >????????????????? > Sure. Just know that you will not be able to use Word as your message editor in Outlook and you will not be able to use Word in a mail merge. -- <<&...

how can I get old replaced excel file
I have one A file, suddenly I have go to sav as option & select file B to replace with A I said yes, but my mistake I said yes. Please see how can I get that old A file from back date ? Use the backup copy. If you didn't create a backup last time, make sure that you do next time. In your "Save As" dialogue, "General Options" comes from the Tools option (in Excel 2007). If you didn't create a backup copy yourself, then you are out of luck unless your system (or your IT department if you have one) has created a backup, or unless you sent a cop...

CCheckListBox #3
Dear Charles As you suggested to my question posted in ADO.Net news group I added the implimentation of the Create() function of CCheckListBox class. but it is still giving following error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall CMyCheckListBox::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@CMyCheckListBox@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) Thanks Manjree "Manjree Garg" <garg@newsgroup.nospam> ha scritto nel messaggio news:F59BE84D-88CA-4994-8F1F-D6888AD8D45E@microsoft.com... > As you suggested to my qu...

Excel 2003: numbers copied from website are treated as text
I copied several columns of data (Verizon wireless detail data), and one column (minutes) is treated as text. I want to use the values in a calculation (summation), but that gives a data type error. The Help on converting numbers stored as text advises: 1. On the menu: Tools | Options | Error Checking 2. Make sure "Enable background error checking" and "Number stored as text" both Selected, click OK 3.On the worksheet, select any single cell or range of adjacent cells that has an error indicator in the upper left-hand corner *** no cells have an error indicator **...

more than 3 conditional formating in excel
Hi I am new to conditional formating in Excel. In row 2 I need to enter nos. between 1-5. I want each color to have a particular color. I have managed to do 4 (3 with conditional formating and the 4th retaining the default color). Is there a way i can do all 5 colors? Thanks You need to use VBA. Try this:- Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'Code must be placed in the codemodule of the actual sheet you are working with. Dim oCell As Range For Each oCell In Range("A1:A20") Select Case oCell.Value Case Is < 1 oCell.Interior.Colo...

OWA #3
Hi , we have the following setup and would like advice as to what others are doing. Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix-->(Internal Network->Exchange Srv) We would like to publish our Outlook Web Access the most secure way possible. We do not want to put a Windows 2k box in the DMZ or outside or Network to use as a front end server. Could we do the following: Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix with port 443 mapped to FrontEndSrv->(Internal Network->FrontEndSrv Exchange with tight security providing OWA for Internal Exchange server)...and of course ssl cert on the Exch box....

Macro Help #3
I turn to you guru's for help with a macro question. I have to worksheets in my workbook. Both have a coulmn that has a 6 digit number in each cell (an invoice number) What I need to do is have a macro that starts with the first invoice # in sheet 1, searches for it in sheet 2. If it finds it, delete that row from Sheet 2. Then it will look at the 2nd invoice number on sheet 1, Search from it in Sheet 2 If it finds it, delete that row from Sheet 2. etc, etc, etc so, my question to you is..... How? Modify this to suit. Sub Deletematches() On Error Resume Next For Each cel In [c14:...

Event id 1000 #3
Hello, I have office xp installed on pc with profing tools and sometimes when using outlook reply message, crash and open word with recouvering document. the error on event viewer is event id 1000 source microsoft office 10 . Please can help me! Thanks in advance. ...

Disclaimer #3
Hi We run Win2003, Exchange2003 and I would like to add a disclaimer on all outgoing emails. Is there an other way then buying a Add-on tool? If not what is good tool? Thanks Roman Sure. You can take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317680 or this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317327 -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "Roman" <roman@schwabbrothers.com> wrote in message news:OUj1pkBoEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl....