3 cell problem

Hi need help with this simple task.
3 cells A1 A2 & A3,
if cell a2 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display yes,
if cell a3 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display no,
If both cells are blank I need A1 to be blank.

                                     Thanks Much...
                                                 Diane

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

maybe...

=if(a2=1,"yes",if(a3=1,"no",if(and(a2="",a3=""),"","what goes here")))

What happens if both a2 and a3 contain 1?

What happens if A2 or A3 are not blank, but don't contain 1?

--

Dave Peterson
0

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:20:05 -0500, Dave Peterson
<petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:

>maybe...
>
>=if(a2=1,"yes",if(a3=1,"no",if(and(a2="",a3=""),"","what goes here")))
>
>What happens if both a2 and a3 contain 1?
>
>What happens if A2 or A3 are not blank, but don't contain 1?
>
>Diane wrote:
>>
>> Hi need help with this simple task.
>> 3 cells A1 A2 & A3,
>> if cell a2 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display yes,
>> if cell a3 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display no,
>> If both cells are blank I need A1 to be blank.
>>
>>                                      Thanks Much...
>>                                                  Diane

Thanks Dave, worked great...
                       Diane "Di"

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:20:05 -0500, Dave Peterson
<petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:

>maybe...
>
>=if(a2=1,"yes",if(a3=1,"no",if(and(a2="",a3=""),"","what goes here")))
>
>What happens if both a2 and a3 contain 1?
>
>What happens if A2 or A3 are not blank, but don't contain 1?
>
>Diane wrote:
>>
>> Hi need help with this simple task.
>> 3 cells A1 A2 & A3,
>> if cell a2 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display yes,
>> if cell a3 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display no,
>> If both cells are blank I need A1 to be blank.
>>
>>                                      Thanks Much...
>>                                                  Diane

y axis problems in chart
no matter what data i have entered on the chart datasheet, i keep getting unrelated nonsence #s on the y axis ...

seeing the formula (not the cell)
Hi All, Suddendly, I have this strange behaviour. I have a cell say C3 which contains 2b as a text. Then on cell I4, I want to se the content of cell C3. on cell I4, I used to type =C3, then on I4, I would see 2b. What is strange now, is that on I4, I see =C3 (the "formula" and not the result). What is more surprizing, is that on this excell file, I have 2 sheets. On the first sheet, referencing works fine. On the second sheet, I can see only the formula. What do I do to not see the formula, but the resut ? I don't remeber touching any option. Regards Jean Simon Your cel...

Custom format #3
To format a custom format for credit cards I tried 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no matter what number I put in. Yes have tried it several times, on sheet the church sent me and again trying it on Excel 2003. Weird problem always ends in 0 ?? On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:56:59 -0400, "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote: >To format a custom format for credit cards I tried > 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. >Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no...

3 leaflets in landscape on an A4 page. Any suggestions?
Microsoft has wonderful templates. Love them. Can't find a leaflet back and front which is on an A4 page which requires only 2 slices to make it in to 3 leflets. Max usage of paper, minimum cost and minimum environmental cost. Start with something close and modify it. Or remember that not everything needs to be started with a template. Creativity goes a long way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rosemarie" <Rosemarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777EFC05-28DA-45A1-A6FA-687400391573@microsoft.com... > Microsoft has wonderful...

WU hangs on 3 of 3
Fresh SBS 2008 install, installed SP2 afterwards, reboot all ok, then executed windows update with all criticals, it downloads and installs succesfully. After reboot it starts windows with "configuring updates x of 3, don't turn off your computer" and the server hangs there on the "3 out of 3" on 0%, there's no lan or disk activity at all and the progress circle just keeps running. This already happened yesterday with a canceled WU(before installing SP2) and we had to format and reinstall thanks to this problem because safe mode worked but after th...

mail delivery #3
i just install new echange 2003 ent. to existing 2000 ad where is exchange 2000 standard. In my test enviroment all mail delivery succees in new server, but when i do exactly same in production, those one's which are in exchange 2003 they can't get any mails from "old server" or outside our corporate. They can send mail to users which mailboxes are inside our corporate, and they received mails from new servers. ...

Payables Management Credit Memo Distribution Problem
Hi All A client of mine is having a problem with credit memos applied to one of their suppliers. When the invoice is created, there are 2 distributions: Cr Vehicle Exp +21105.50, Dr Trade Creditors +21105.50. There is no tax, and no discount. However, when a credit memo is applied to the invoice, the distributions are: Cr Vehicle Exp -21105.50 Dr Trade Creditors -21538.47 Cr Discount received -379.80 Cr VAT Input -53.17 Where are these extra distributions coming from? This is obviously a problem because the creditors control account shows the incorrect amount, and the discount received ...

Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 Migration.
Hello, I am in a bit of trouble here and need some help. We have a Windows 2003 Standard server (X86) running SQL 2005 and SharePoint Services 3.0. We need to migrate the SharePoint Services 3.0 to a Windows 2008 R2 server running SQL 2005 X64. The server name will be different than the original server. Since we have the server name, the operating system version and the processor architecture changing I am looking for clear instructions on how to migrate the SharePoint Application. I read a lot websites including this one here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc5...

math #3
How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, 2000, etc. I think you need to provide much more detail to get a useful reply. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044868EC-8884-4E40-9F93-EE9C5EFABCFA@microsoft.com... > How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, > 2000, etc. maybe something like =AVERAGE(ROW(INDIRECT("1998:2005"))) as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- ...

Duplicate look_up values in VLOOKUP #3
Hi all, I've got a VLOOKUP formula functioning in the usual way. However, sometimes the look_up value is duplicated. When this occurs VLOOKUP always returns the first instance of the entry. Is there a means to get Excel to ignore entries it has already returned an entry for? The VLOOKUP is part of a bigger formula, being: =IF(AND('Dependency Log'!$A2=Matrix!$B3, 'Dependency Log'!$E2=Matrix!D$2),(VLOOKUP($B3,look_up,2,FALSE) ),"") Any ideas? TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Prof...

Xml Serializing subclass problem
Hi guys. I've come across a problem when I tried to serialize a class into xml, only to discover that the parent class's XML Serialization properties weren't included in the output xml. Actually, the class I'm serializing is two steps down in the inheritance ladder. It's got a parent class which also has a parent class :( All those classes in the hierarchy are Xml Serializable, and I'd think that it should be obvious that all attributes/properties of the parents should be serialized for any given subclass, no ? Here's the two classes, subclass first, parent class...

Upgrade #3
Hi Folks; If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP ????????????????? TIA Later, Malcolm On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:38:57 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@yahoo.com> wrote: > >If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade >just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP >????????????????? > Sure. Just know that you will not be able to use Word as your message editor in Outlook and you will not be able to use Word in a mail merge. -- <<&...

Sorting Objects with the rest of the cells
Hi, I have a spread sheet that contains links to files on each row. These objects have been inserted in and link to a specific file that is related to that row, however when I sort my columns the objects do not sort with everything else. Bascially after i sort, say alphabeticlly, the object is still in the same place even though what it relates to has moved. Can anyone please help! Thanks The object must reside entirely within the boundries of a cell to sort. Also it must be formatted to move with the cells. What type of object are you using? -- HTH... Jim Thomli...

CCheckListBox #3
Dear Charles As you suggested to my question posted in ADO.Net news group I added the implimentation of the Create() function of CCheckListBox class. but it is still giving following error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall CMyCheckListBox::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@CMyCheckListBox@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) Thanks Manjree "Manjree Garg" <garg@newsgroup.nospam> ha scritto nel messaggio news:F59BE84D-88CA-4994-8F1F-D6888AD8D45E@microsoft.com... > As you suggested to my qu...

Rules wizard problem #5
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3 on Windows XP. I have set up 19 rules to move messages to various other folders based on various criteria. After these rules I have 3 other rules to move various spam to the Deleted Items folders. Then, there's the Adult Content Rule, Junk E-mail Rule, and Exception List. My problem is that some of the messages moved by the first 19 rules gets copied to the Deleted Items folder. There seems to be no logical reasons for this to happen. I have searched posts and can't find an answer to this specific problem. I am wondering if my spam rules should...

Combining cells with text
I have two cells that both have text in them. Cell A2 contains the old status. Cell B2 contains the new status. I'd like to keep the history of the old status and update it with the new status on top. So cell A2 will now look like: 5/6 New Status 4/20 Old Status Can this be done? I'm using Excel 2003. I'm guessing it will be VBA code but don't know what it will say. Thanks. =A1 & " Old status" and copy paste special - values to keep the value static. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Nadine" <Nadine@discussion...

more than 3 conditional formating in excel
Hi I am new to conditional formating in Excel. In row 2 I need to enter nos. between 1-5. I want each color to have a particular color. I have managed to do 4 (3 with conditional formating and the 4th retaining the default color). Is there a way i can do all 5 colors? Thanks You need to use VBA. Try this:- Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'Code must be placed in the codemodule of the actual sheet you are working with. Dim oCell As Range For Each oCell In Range("A1:A20") Select Case oCell.Value Case Is < 1 oCell.Interior.Colo...

Problems with autofit on rows containing lots of text
I have a spreadsheet (in Excel 2002) containing cells with large amounts of text. The text in the cells is wrapped. The spreadsheet appearance on the screen is fine, the autofit to the amount of text works. But when I print (or even preview), the top row of text in each cell is chopped off, even when there is only one line in the cell. I have tried multiple printers and various fonts. Changing printers makes no difference. The Courier font works the best (Courier New gives a mess), but not great. I tried multiple autofits, but that makes only minimal changes. I can make this specific...

Paste cell value onto chart
Howdy all, I am creating Normal Probability plots to test normality assumptions and compare variances of two independent datasets. If the plotted data approximate a straight (diagonal) line, the data can be assumed to be normally distributed; and if the two plots are parallel, they can be assumed to have equal variances. I would like to add one additional bit of information to the finished chart, comparison of the Standard Deviation estimates from the two datasets (if larger SD/smaller SD is approximately >=3, then the SD's are probably "too different," and assuming equal var...

OWA #3
Hi , we have the following setup and would like advice as to what others are doing. Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix-->(Internal Network->Exchange Srv) We would like to publish our Outlook Web Access the most secure way possible. We do not want to put a Windows 2k box in the DMZ or outside or Network to use as a front end server. Could we do the following: Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix with port 443 mapped to FrontEndSrv->(Internal Network->FrontEndSrv Exchange with tight security providing OWA for Internal Exchange server)...and of course ssl cert on the Exch box....

Macro Help #3
I turn to you guru's for help with a macro question. I have to worksheets in my workbook. Both have a coulmn that has a 6 digit number in each cell (an invoice number) What I need to do is have a macro that starts with the first invoice # in sheet 1, searches for it in sheet 2. If it finds it, delete that row from Sheet 2. Then it will look at the 2nd invoice number on sheet 1, Search from it in Sheet 2 If it finds it, delete that row from Sheet 2. etc, etc, etc so, my question to you is..... How? Modify this to suit. Sub Deletematches() On Error Resume Next For Each cel In [c14:...

Event id 1000 #3
Hello, I have office xp installed on pc with profing tools and sometimes when using outlook reply message, crash and open word with recouvering document. the error on event viewer is event id 1000 source microsoft office 10 . Please can help me! Thanks in advance. ...

deleting nonadjacent cells
i know that i can select nonadjacent cells, but i can't seem to find a way to delete them. i have either 3 columns of names, some duplicates, from which i'd like to get a list of all the names only once, without duplicates. i tried moving with unique cells only. it didn't work. so i highlighted each list in a different color and placed them all in one column and sorted them. now i have all the duplicate names in order and in a different color. i either want to delete selected non-adjacent cells, or find a way to go through that list and filter out all the duplicates. i&#...

how to use a cell contents as a graph title
I want to be able to use the contents of a cell to set the title of a chart. Changing the cell contents would then automatically change the title of the chart. Hi, You can find details here http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A26E519B-022E-4E8B-923E-B35A612FDA5D@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to use the contents of a cell to set the title of a >chart. > Changing the cell contents would then automatically change the ti...

Disclaimer #3
Hi We run Win2003, Exchange2003 and I would like to add a disclaimer on all outgoing emails. Is there an other way then buying a Add-on tool? If not what is good tool? Thanks Roman Sure. You can take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317680 or this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317327 -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "Roman" <roman@schwabbrothers.com> wrote in message news:OUj1pkBoEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl....