1 Cell 2 Values?

Hello All,

Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated
by  a comma and spaces?

For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was
positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want
it to show

A1: +,  -

Is this possible?
Thanks to all,
Shhhh

0
Shhhh
3/1/2006 8:34:58 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Shhhh wrote...
>Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated
>by  a comma and spaces?
>
>For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was
>positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want
>it to show
>
>A1: +,  -
>
>Is this possible?

As text, yes.

=COUNTIF(MonthRange,">0")&","&COUNTIF(MonthRange,"<0")

What about times in the month when the value was zero?

0
hrlngrv (1990)
3/1/2006 8:40:34 PM
Harlan,

Thanks for your reply... the days that are 0 I want it to ignore. is that
going to complicate things?

Thanks again,
Shhhh

"Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message
> Shhhh wrote...
>>Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated
>>by  a comma and spaces?
>>
>>For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value
>>was
>>positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I
>>want
>>it to show
>>
>>A1: +,  -
>>
>>Is this possible?
>
> As text, yes.
>
> =COUNTIF(MonthRange,">0")&","&COUNTIF(MonthRange,"<0")
>
> What about times in the month when the value was zero?

0
Shhhh
3/1/2006 8:47:07 PM
HI Shhhh,

=(COUNTIF(A1:A20,"<0"))&"- "&(COUNTIF(A1:A20,">0"))&"+"

This ignores 0's.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Shhhh" <123@456.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated
> by  a comma and spaces?
>
> For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value
> was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell
> I want it to show
>
> A1: +,  -
>
> Is this possible?
> Thanks to all,
> Shhhh

0
lhkittle (223)
3/1/2006 9:36:26 PM
Thank you all so very much! This group is amazing!

Shhhh

"Shhhh" <123@456.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated
> by  a comma and spaces?
>
> For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value
> was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell
> I want it to show
>
> A1: +,  -
>
> Is this possible?
> Thanks to all,
> Shhhh

0
Shhhh
3/1/2006 9:57:23 PM
Hello All,

I'm now working on another section of this same sheet, my question is
related to ths one... is it possible to have one number remain formatted as
a number while the second number is formatted as currency?

I've tried, haven't been able to come up with anything... any thoughts?

Thank you,
Shhhh

"Shhhh" <123@456.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated
> by  a comma and spaces?
>
> For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value
> was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell
> I want it to show
>
> A1: +,  -
>
> Is this possible?
> Thanks to all,
> Shhhh

0
Shhhh
3/6/2006 5:39:41 PM
Shhhh wrote...
>I'm now working on another section of this same sheet, my question is
>related to ths one... is it possible to have one number remain formatted as
>a number while the second number is formatted as currency?
>
>I've tried, haven't been able to come up with anything... any thoughts?

You could use a formula like =TEXT(x,"General")&",
"&TEXT(y,"$#,##0.00"), but what you seem to want to do leads to more
problems than it solves. Is there any good reason you're not using two
cells with each number in a separate cell?

0
hrlngrv (1990)

Multiple "IF" functions one one cell returned from different cells
OK, maybe that wasn't the best way to ask the question... I need to create this scenario: Question: "Lot Size?" Answered by "X" under "Small"(A3) "Medium"(A4) or "Large"(A5) If (A3) = "X", then (J2)= 500 If (A4) = "X", then (J2) = 600 If (A5) = "X", then (J2) = 700 Obviously, these function will have to recide in the J2 box. I can get it to work individually using the "=IF" function, but how can I insert multiple "=IF" functions into the (J2) box? I have tried using the "=OR"...

Delegate Permissions #2
We have a 2000 domain (sp4) and exchange 2003 sp1. Remote administrators in our schools are delegated permissions to fully manage their users. Previously, when we were running Exchange 2000, everything worked fine. They could add/delete users, mailboxes, smtp addresses, etc. After our upgrade, they are getting an error ONLY when they try to add an smtp address to a user ... Access is denied. Facility: Win 32 Id no:c0070005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension We have read and followed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=316792 and we removed and redelgated perm...

Getting a macro to run a formula in a cell?
I know this is simple but... how can I get my on-screen button which ha a macro assigned to it, to put a formula in a cell. . In other words, I made a "Reset" button that sets many cells to "0" others to certain numbers (like 450 or 50) and two others need to hav a formula. When I set the code in the macro to: Range("B53").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "b3*.0035" It puts the above formula in the cell instead of computing the answer. All help is appreciated. Please help oh mighty Excell Gods -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Exchange 5.5: 1 site, 2 servers
My continued quest to move to a new server with the Ed Crowley Method. I have added the new server to the existing site. Some mailboxes have been migrated over and those are working fine. The IMS was setup on the new server duplicating the settings of the IMS on the old server. The MX record (out where our DNS is hosted) was updated and the new server given a lower cost than the old server. Both IMS connections are still running. From what I can tell from the event long, the new server is accepting new connections (A new TCPIP connection has been made.....). If I send an email to a pe...

Lock cells conditionally formatted in 2007
I conditionally formatted a range of cells so that a cell changes color if the content =x. How can I lock the cell if it contains an x? The scenario is an employee schedule. I put an x in the cell of days they can't work. But I've deleted the x by mistake and scheduled the employee. I'm hoping the color change will help me but would like the cell to lock if I put an x in the cell. Then I'd need to know how to unlock an individual cell if the employee changed their mind. I've seen posts about conditional format\custom but can't find it in 2007. Thanx ...

unwanted formula in cell instead of calc
I have numerous formulas in the cells of my spreadsheet that return correct results. Suddenly some of the cells I am entering formulas into display the formula instead of the result and I can't get rid of it. I have tried toggling Ctrl+~. The formulas appear identical to adjacent ones that work fine. I have tried pasting the format from working cells into the malfunctioning cells. No help. Any idea what's going on? ...

Why Are My Posts 1 Hour Ahead
I just noticed that the time of my posts is one hour ahead of everyone else's. I'm using Outlook Express with Windows 98 Second Edition to read this newsgroup and the time on my computer's clock is correct, and is the time that appears with my posts. I recently reloaded all of my software so I probably missed something because I know this was not a problem before the reconfiguration of my computer. TIA PC That was easy enough. PC "Paul Corrado" <pcorrado@theavocetgroup.com> wrote in message news:%236iquP0aDHA.3444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I just notice...

Syntax to write a null value inside a sql Insert string?
Is there a way to represent the null value as a string (destination: varchar column) the way that the following string represents a null value for a date? Public Const cNullDate As Date = #12:00:00 AM# Writing to an Access 2003, (conversion) table with VS2005 in VB.NET. Within the table is a field named VSubType1 with a validation rule of: "In ('P','O') Or Is Null" The declare/move/insert statements look like this (shortened example): Dim intRecNbr As Integer = 0 Dim VSubType1 As Object (defined as Text 1 column in Access) Dim V1...

Pivot Charts, hiding field values in second level filters?
Hi What I have is a Pivot Chart / Table, where I have multiple filters on the data. For example I have Leagues, Teams, Players. What I have are Leagues and Teams in my page fields and Players on the series axis. This allows me to select the League I want to look at and then the Team within that League. I can then select multiple players (1..n) from that to view the data on. (Assume data is a monthly statistic of some sort). If my data were League Team Player Jan 05 Feb 05 etc..... L1 T1 P1 5 6 L1 T1 P2 3 ...

Protecting single cells or a range
How can I protect a single cell or range so that the rest of the sheet is able to be accessed. I can only see options to protect the whole sheet or workbook. Thanks in advance. Good afternoon Ant Protecting a worksheet only protects the cells that are locked. In a new worksheet all cells are locked by default. Unlock the cells you want the users to be able to edit via ctrl + 1, Protection and uncheck the locked box. This can be done an many selected cells at once. Then apply protection with Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet. HTH DominicB -- dominicb ---------------------...

RMS 1.3 #3
i read in discussion board that RMS 1.3 will only work with windows 2003 and XP. Is it just for the work stations or our server has to be also 2003 and higher also. ...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Adobe Acrobat #2
Is there a way to import information from a pdf file into an Excel spreadsheet? I know I can do it from word, but the information should be seen in columns and rows and possible edited. Thank You Helo- You can Insert it as a picture/object, but Excel cannot read the data content of the file into cells for editing... At least not on its own. One of the reasons for a .pdf is to prevent others from changing the content. Regards |:>) "DKS1" wrote: > Is there a way to import information from a pdf file into an Excel > spreadsheet? I know I can do it from word, but th...

Append from 1 table to 2 tables
I have a reservation application that I have obtained reservation data from an email message (daqta from which is entered into the tblWorking table). The email shows travel information either one-way or round trip. One way is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX". Round trip is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX-PRC". Depending on the O/W or R/T direction(s), I insert the number one (1) for O/W or the number two (2) for R/T. The form used by the application has a main form (Reservations table) and an embedded subform (ReservationDetails table). The main form h...

Cell reference, dragging across
My question is pretty simple, and if anyone knows the answer I would appreciate a response. If my cell reference is =b7/c8, and I want to drag the reference cell across and change the cell number but keep the letter constant, is that possible? Thanks, Jeff Grossman ...

Akuzuki 1 1/2" Galvanized Hardwood Flooring Staples (5,000)
Price:$28.95 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B001N1K28K Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B001N1K28K Compatible with Bostitch MIIIFS; True Value 407619, Akuzuki. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Akuzuki Top Quality Pneumatic Hardwood Floor Flooring Air Cleat Nailers:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000Q38KOO ...

2400 Accordion MERV 10 Aprilaire and Space-Gard Replacement Filter (2 Pack)
Price:$43.50 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000NMJ2WM Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000NMJ2WM Reaches 99% efficiency on particles 5 microns or larger. Improves efficiency and increases longevity of HVAC systems when properly used and maintained. High efficiency filter media collects small dust particles before they can collect on your coils. This product is listed and rated by Underwriters Laboratories as U.L. Class 2. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 2200 Accordion MERV 10 Aprilaire and Space-Gard Replacement Filter (2 Pack):http://thediscountda...

CRM 1.2 compatibility with 'MAUS' business and accounting software
Is Maus compatible with CRM 1.2? Does anyone know? ...

In Excel, how can I let 1 * a = a?
Hi everyone, Say I have two cells, one has a value (0 or 1), and the second has a text abrevation such as a or b,....etc. A B 1 ab 0 ca 1 dd 1 ww When I type A1*B1, for example, I get #VALUE! stuff!! How can let it come out like this? ab 0 dd ww Regards, Mike =IF(A1, B1, A1) should do it or more explicitly =IF(A1=1, B1, 0) -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Michael" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:118f1485.0410080733.a6cd276@posting.google.com... > Hi everyone, > > Say I have two cells, one has...

Office Setup for 1 user
I have 3 users on my computer. I am using Vista Business and office 2007. 2 of the three users use office 2003. My question is this. Is it possible to install 2003 for the other 2 users and 2007 just for me. I know some programs allow yoou to install per user but don't know if it is possible with office. You need to read the terms of the end user license agreement (EULA) that came with your software. Even versions of Office have different terms. If you can't find it, you may be able to look it up here: Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licens...

CSV elements don't get split up in cells
Hi, I recently installed a German version of excel and now when I open m CSV files they don't get seperated anymore by the commas. The whol line is just written in one cell. When I had the US version installed the data was split up after eac comma and distributed into the corresponding cell. How can I achieve the same thing in the German version -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com tom You could try renaming the file to .txt rather than .csv When you try to open this in Excel it will start the Text Import Wizard which will give you much more control over the import of th...

Add timer to a dll #2
I have a regular MFC dll. I want to add a time to the application class. Is it possible and how? Regards galia "Galia" <galia@mandi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Om$9Mj8CIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a regular MFC dll. I want to add a time to the application class. >Is > it possible and how? > Regards > > galia > > > Hi Galia, i think i gave you a answer to this on some another NG. You should work with a hidden window to get timer messages. As far as i know, this is the most effective method. Maybe someone else has a better s...

Merge / Collate Workbooks into 1 workbook
Grateful for help with this urgent problem, which requires automation: I've got 50 workbooks Each workbook is named after an Area Each workbook contains: Cell A1, Column Header 'Area' Cell B1, Column Header 'Zip Code' A2 to unknown number of rows contains the Area Name B2 to unknown number of rows contains different zip codes relating t that area I want to merge/collate all this data into one workbook. Please se example below: AREA ZIP COD Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 Chi...

restrict value entered into cell
Hi, Is there a way to restrict user to enter negative values into a cell? TIA eric :( Hi Eric One way: Select the range (e.g E34:E56) Data > Datavalidation > Custom enter this formula =E34>0 -- Best Regards Leo Heuser MVP Excel Followup to newsgroup only please. "ericlye" <ericlye.st9ay@excelforum.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:ericlye.st9ay@excelforum.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to restrict user to enter negative values into a cell? > > TIA > eric > > :( ...

Limit a field to 3 digits 1 capital letter 1nd 2 numbers
Hi I want to use Data Validation to restric user for data entries I need that the user use this format in column B: 1 letter in capital and 2 numbers like A02 or S31 or T11 or M45 ..... I have try many custom formula without success I would also would like that within a range in column B that it would be without duplicate Thanks for helping hi Jean, =AND(LEN(A1)=3,NOT(ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,1,1))),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,2,1)),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,3,1)),EXACT(MID(A1,1,1),PROPER(MID(A1,1,1)))) -- isabelle Le 2011-12-13 10:50, jean a �crit : > Hi > > I want to use Data Validation to res...