"PasteSpecial method of Range class failed" occurs in one instance of Excel but not another

Hi All,

I have this particular piece of code in an application created on
Excel2000:

.. . . . .
..range("B" & finger).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
..range("B" & finger).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
.. . . . .

I open the application in Excel2000 on one PC and I get the
"PasteSpecial method of Range class failed"

If I open the same application in Excel2000 on a different PC I do not
get the error and the application works as expected.

Can anyone tell me why this happens?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
0
nocalves (2)
7/8/2004 2:00:59 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On 7 Jul 2004 19:00:59 -0700, nocalves@hotmail.com (Andrew) wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have this particular piece of code in an application created on
>Excel2000:
>
>. . . . .
>.range("B" & finger).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
>.range("B" & finger).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
>. . . . .
>
>I open the application in Excel2000 on one PC and I get the
>"PasteSpecial method of Range class failed"
>
>If I open the same application in Excel2000 on a different PC I do not
>get the error and the application works as expected.
>
>Can anyone tell me why this happens?
>

>Thanks in advance,
>Andrew

All that comes to mind for me is - which release of Excel 2000?  Make
sure that they are both SR-1 and the same service pack.  Help|About
will tell you the release and service pack.  Look at the last four
digits of the version number.  My Office 2000 Standard with SR-1 and
Service Pack 3 Shows 9.0.6926 (SP3).  Updates are available on MS' web
site.

hope that helps!

Mike Argy
Custom Office Solutions
and Windows/UNIX applications

Please post on-topic responses to the newsgroup

To e-mail me, remove nospam from the address in the headers
0
mikeargy2 (30)

PasteSpecial method of Range class failed
I have written a procedure to use copy/paste special for several dozen cells individually. In two cases, the destination cell is merged so I unmerge before pasting then remerge. In one sub procedure it orks fine in another I get the error in the subject line. Here is a snippet of the code If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 42) <> "" Then ActiveCell.Offset(0, 42).Copy Sheets("Application Increases").Select Range("U8:AD8").MergeCells = False Range("U8").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Range("U8:AD8")...

Help with this error "PasteSpecial method of Range class failed !!
Here is the code: lRow = Worksheets("BO Download").Cells(Rows.Count, "BJ").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("BO Download").Range("BJ4:BK" & lRow - 3).Copy Worksheets("Completions Summary (Vendor)").Select Range("B4").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False The only other thing is that I have a Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) sub for Worksheets("Completions Summary (Vendor)") as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Selecti...

Run Time error 1004
Hi, I am trying to programmatically copy the text contents of one cell (including formatting) on one worksheet to a merged range on another. I get the error in the title when I run the macro initially... then strangely it works with no error after failing to run it a couple of times. My code is as follows: Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("admin").Select Range("A2").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Submission Form").Select Range("D6:G8").Select End With Selecti...

"PasteSpecial method of Range class failed" occurs in one instance of Excel but not another
Hi All, I have this particular piece of code in an application created on Excel2000: .. . . . . ..range("B" & finger).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues ..range("B" & finger).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats .. . . . . I open the application in Excel2000 on one PC and I get the "PasteSpecial method of Range class failed" If I open the same application in Excel2000 on a different PC I do not get the error and the application works as expected. Can anyone tell me why this happens? Thanks in advance, Andrew On 7 Jul 2004 19:00:59 -0700, nocalves@hotmail.com (Andre...