<filename>:1 and <filename>:2

Hello,

I have a user that created a simple spread sheet, just 15 or 20 cells with
data and two or three formulas. Now when he opens it he gets two
spreadsheets open: <filename>:1 and <filename>:2. Both have identical
entries. this causes quite a bit of concern. Is this some kind of alternate
data stream?
Mark Warbeck
mwarbeck@adelphia.net

0
mwarbeck1 (8)
10/14/2004 2:30:35 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
Two windows of the same workbook have been open (Windows, New Window)
Close one of the windows and save the workbook
HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Mark Warbeck" <mwarbeck@vt.edu> a �crit dans le message de
> Hello,
>
> I have a user that created a simple spread sheet, just 15 or 20 cells with
> data and two or three formulas. Now when he opens it he gets two
> spreadsheets open: <filename>:1 and <filename>:2. Both have identical
> entries. this causes quite a bit of concern. Is this some kind of
alternate
> data stream?
> Mark Warbeck
> mwarbeck@adelphia.net

Hi
see:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Mark Warbeck" <mwarbeck@vt.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello,
>
> I have a user that created a simple spread sheet, just 15 or 20 cells
with
> data and two or three formulas. Now when he opens it he gets two
> spreadsheets open: <filename>:1 and <filename>:2. Both have identical
> entries. this causes quite a bit of concern. Is this some kind of
alternate
> data stream?
> Mark Warbeck
> mwarbeck@adelphia.net

0
frank.kabel (11126)

NDR 5.1.1 (strange)
I have a recipent that received a NDR # 5.1.1 (email does not not exsist etc) which is true, 2 of the 3 email addresses where to AD users that had no email accounts. The thing is the outlook calendar item (a meeting request) was only sent to one recipient (that person did get the email). I looked at the sent item and there was no BCC etc, only the one person listed to recieve. I tracked the message and it was queued and sent to only the one person, then I looked in the event log and there was no NDR listed for this message (actually at the time of this event there was no NDR's for the day...

IMF and Safe Senders #2
Hi, I am using Exchange 2003 SP2 and the IMF. Everything is fine except I have one contact that IS listed in the safe senders list in Outlook but the IMF still catches some email from this user. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to troubleshoot this? Or am I wrong in thinking the Exchange server knows who is in my Safe Senders list? Thanks in advance. > I am using Exchange 2003 SP2 and the IMF. Everything is fine except I have > one contact that IS listed in the safe senders list in Outlook but the IMF > still catches some email from this user. > > Can ...

dragging a filename from explorer
I have just begun working with OLE drag-and-drop in MFC. I have been able to select text in one application and then drag-and-drop it into my application. Now I would like to drag a list of filenames from windows explorer, drop the list into my application and display the the list of filenames in a CView window. I don't know how this is done. When I receive a pointer to IDataObject, what format do I specify in FORMATETC and STDMEDIUM in order to query and receive the list of filenames? Can anyone refer me to example source code that might illustrate how this is done. Thanks for an...

Stock Requistion where RMS 2.0 has a single Inventory location
What are the possiblilites of having an audit trail within RMS for transfers from the physical storeroom to the salesfloor given that RMS is implemented in with a single Warehouse location. On a point of clarification, RMS is implemented with a single inventory location. "Don" wrote: > What are the possiblilites of having an audit trail within RMS for transfers > from the physical storeroom to the salesfloor given that RMS is implemented > in with a single Warehouse location. Don.. we have a multilocation addon that will allow transfers between virtual locations...

Remove link fr a column of entries #2
I know how to remove a link from a single cell. Right click, hyperlink, remove hyperlink. I have a column of cells and it is very cumbersome to remove cell by cell. Is there any way to remove all cells in one action.? TIA, Rasoul Khoshravan Rasoul Can you select the entire column and just delete that. Click on the column column header and press Ctrl + - to delete the whole column. Else, Select the links, right click, choose delete, Cells up. Regards Peter "Rasoul Khoshravan Azar" wrote: > I know how to remove a link from a single cell. Right click, hyperlink, > remove hy...

Open Filename
Rather than type a path and filename in one of my text boxes, I'd like my users to be able to browse for the file. Does anyone know of some code out there I can use? Thanks. =?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?= <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:ABA28A27-6EAE-4FB2-9834-BDEA902626E4@microsoft.com: > Rather than type a path and filename in one of my text boxes, I'd > like my users to be able to browse for the file. Does anyone know > of some code out there I can use? Thanks. > http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm -- Bob Quintal PA is y I've altered my ema...

hyperlink #2
I have a link on a worksheet to a web page. The web page is a frameset, when I use the link the frameset opens, however, both of the frames within the framset show the "Page cannot be found " error message. If i then click on "refresh" the page opens properly. Can anyone explain why this is happening? ...

CRM 1.2 03-04-04
We are evaluating the MSDN evaluation CRM 1.2 copy from Microsoft. I have a few general questions. 1. Will CRM interact with Outlook Web Access, and if so, where can I find information on setup 2. Can CRM interact with portable desktop assistants? Not sure about OWA, but portable desktop assistants. look for Mobile Portal from Dynamic Methods. Lindad >-----Original Message----- >We are evaluating the MSDN evaluation CRM 1.2 copy from Microsoft. I have a few general questions. > >1. Will CRM interact with Outlook Web Access, and if so, where can I find information on ...

drop down list showing only 1 of everything
Hi everyone, basically on one sheet( called data) i have a list of all the data, the first column is the date. On a separate sheet i want to have a drop down list in the cell (A1 for example). however i want the drop down list to show only 1 of each date that was in column A of the data sheet. for example say column A had the folowing dates: 1/1/04 ; 2/1/04 ; 2/1/04 ; 3/1/04 ; 4/1/04 ; 4/1/04 the drop down list on sheet 2 would show the values: 1/1/04 ; 2/1/04 ; 3/4/04 ; 4/4/04 i need some help in doing this and would appreciate any ideas. thank you.... Hi do you need this formul...

excel format #2
is it possible to format a cell to flash the info. eg flashing numbe entere -- Lin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2422 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37960 Not format, you need VBA. But think hard before implementing, it wil likely annoy more than thrill -- xl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- xld's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=975 View this thre...

Add a shrink to fit to 1 page function in FRx (similar to Excel)
Add a shrink to fit to 1 page function in FRx (similar to Excel) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66b84636-788d-4dcd-8d7a-39b244158d86&dg=microsoft.public...

Counting cells #2
Hey I have a spreadsheet, which is connected to a SQL Server database. The spreadsheet searches by date and then gets all the info between the two dates and displays it on the worksheet. I then sort all of the columns accending, but sorted by column 1. The idea is to count the number of cells where for example "column 1 = General Enquiry". To do this I scroll down, find all the General Enquiry entries, select them all and then paste them into a new worksheet, which gives the number of entries for that category type. Is there a way to do this through perhaps using a button/inte...

Received time for Inbox emails is 1 hour behind the computer clock
Hi, The received times of the emails in my Inbox (Outlook 2003, WinXP) are 1 hour behind the computer clock time. The sent times for the emails in the Sent Items folder are the same as the computer clock, or 1 minute difference. How do I get the Inbox received times to be the correct time = computer time? Thanks. JSG Check the TimeZone of your computer Double click the clock in your system tray. Select TimeZone tab and make sure your computer is in the zone is correct for wherever on earth you are -- Regards Chris Cleary toppercleary@dsl.pipex.com "jsg" <jsg@optonline.net>...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but t...

adding 1 before phone number
I am looking to add a 1 before all of my long distance phone numbers...but I don't want to go through every cell and add 1...is there an easier way?? Add a column somewhere alongside and use the formula =concatenate("1",A1) and replace A1 with the cell containing the number. Alternatively, ASAP Utilities has a function to add leading text (and a whole raft of other useful functions). Cheers, Richard Carter ======================== richard at rjcarter dot net "Chris" <mrlanscapa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1ae801c38464$92277000$a001280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Problem opening Outlook #2
Firstly I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum, however I normally use hotmail for my emails but I decided to use Outlook however when i try to open i get the following message - Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe VBscript.dll to self register. The key "DisplayName" is either missing or has an incorrect value. [File C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\forms\1033\SECREC(2).CFG, Section Description] I have tried to reinstall and also run Regsvr32.exe but I still can't open Outlook. Can anyone offer any advice on how to solve th...

accounting #2
hallo good people... -- CHARSHLEY ...

How do I stop the time from spaning over a 1 day period?
I setup an all day event in my calendar it should run from 8 am to 5 pm. The time I have set for my work day. It did do this in the past. Now it spans from 1 AM one day to 1 am then next. How can I get it to stop this. Thank you, Bonnie Its an all day event, not scheduled for 8 -5 and the time zone has changed since it was created. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a w...

Outlook Express question #2
What's the "Request a read receipt for all sent messages" in Outlook Express under the Receipts tab? If I send this to a person who reads their web email such as Hotmail, will this verfiy that the person has read that email? Please explain? Yes, when a person reads an e-mail that flag should prompt the client to return a notification that the message has been read. However, many mail clients can block the returning of a read receipt. Motto: Don't rely on read receipts. "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71b801c494...

how do i merge the datas in 2 columns
i have a data address data in 3 columns like door no. in one, street no in another & city name in another column. shall i get all these address in a single column (consolidated) Thanks Try below formula... If data is in columns A, B & C... then in column D, say... =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 Here, & works as concatinator/joiner and " " puts space. You can ignore " " or try putting any other thing there like "-". -- Regards, Pritesh "senthil" wrote: > i have a data address data in ...

Sending Messages from Outlook Shows 2 of 2
I have noticed that when I create a message to a single recipient in Outlook and send that message, the status bar shows "sending message 2 of 2." I only have one message in the outbox to send. What is the 2 of 2? Thank you. NFC, why not check your Outbox? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After doing some homework by searching Google.groups and not finding an answer: Charles Allen <callen@bkd.com> asked: | I have noticed that when I create a message to a single | recipient in Outlook and send that message, ...

VBA Form #2
Hi, I have constructed a Form in one worksheet. It took a really long time to do. I have another worksheet that I would like to put that form into, without remaking the entire form. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks I assume you mean workbooks and not worksheets. Open both workbooks, hit Alt+F11 to go to the VB Editor. On the left you should see your form. Just drag it down to the 2nd workbook. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACE61F98-6500-4AE3-9C51-DBD01708428A@microsoft.com... > Hi, >...

Help with saving a filename in VBA
If i want to write a macro to save a file as filename x.csv where x is the value contained in cell b2, I tried ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "filename "& $b$2 &".csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False but I'm obviously messing up the syntax. Could anyone set me straight please? And is there a command to return me to filename.xls afterwards to continue working? Many thanks Adapted from the Recorder: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 2/19/2008 by James Ravenswood ' v = Range("B2").Value ...

<filename>:1 and <filename>:2
Hello, I have a user that created a simple spread sheet, just 15 or 20 cells with data and two or three formulas. Now when he opens it he gets two spreadsheets open: <filename>:1 and <filename>:2. Both have identical entries. this causes quite a bit of concern. Is this some kind of alternate data stream? -- -- Mark Warbeck mwarbeck@adelphia.net Hi Two windows of the same workbook have been open (Windows, New Window) Close one of the windows and save the workbook HTH Cordially Pascal "Mark Warbeck" <mwarbeck@vt.edu> a �crit dans le message de news:O9e70pfsEHA.3...

1 Field and 2 Criteria
I'm new to Access but very fluent in Excel so bare with me on this. What I have is a query I'm trying to create where I have a Problem Code(numeric) and a Fix Code(numberic). Each of these codes have a Long Description in a table just for these codes. However, this table has several "TABL"'s within it. To get descriptions for a Problem Code the TABL field must equal "101". To get descriptions for a Fix Code the TABL field must equal "303". This is a problem because when I write the query I have each code read out on a row but I can ...