"Excel needs to close"

Frequently, when turning my computer on, I will get the error message,
"Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close".
It has not been left on nor was it used in the previous session of computer
use.  I am using XP Home.  How can I fix it or should I even be concerned?

0
edmull2 (5)
5/3/2007 2:32:30 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Check to see what is starting up when you boot your computer up.  See if
anything is in teh startup folder, check using msconfig as well

"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
> Frequently, when turning my computer on, I will get the error message,
> "Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to
> close". It has not been left on nor was it used in the previous session of
> computer use.  I am using XP Home.  How can I fix it or should I even be
> concerned?

0
ladylayla (100)
5/3/2007 4:49:31 PM
I think that I'll continue to muddle along.  With me in command, disaster is
just around the corner.  Thanks anyway.

"Gail" <ladylayla@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Check to see what is starting up when you boot your computer up.  See if
> anything is in teh startup folder, check using msconfig as well
>
> "Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Frequently, when turning my computer on, I will get the error message,
>> "Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to
>> close". It has not been left on nor was it used in the previous session
>> of computer use.  I am using XP Home.  How can I fix it or should I even
>> be concerned?

0
edmull2 (5)
5/3/2007 6:54:33 PM
Look in Start, Programs, Startup and see if there is a shortcut pointing
to an Excel file.

Ed Mullikin wrote:
> I think that I'll continue to muddle along.  With me in command, disaster is
> just around the corner.  Thanks anyway.
>
> "Gail" <ladylayla@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Check to see what is starting up when you boot your computer up.  See if
>>anything is in teh startup folder, check using msconfig as well
>>
>>"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Frequently, when turning my computer on, I will get the error message,
>>>"Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to
>>>close". It has not been left on nor was it used in the previous session
>>>of computer use.  I am using XP Home.  How can I fix it or should I even
>>>be concerned?

0
birelan (531)
5/3/2007 7:52:48 PM
The only thing there basically resembling Excel was Microsoft Office.  I
deleted that since I never used it.  We'll see what happens.  Thanks.

> Look in Start, Programs, Startup and see if there is a shortcut pointing
> to an Excel file.
>
> Ed Mullikin wrote:
>> I think that I'll continue to muddle along.  With me in command, disaster
>> is just around the corner.  Thanks anyway.
>>
>> "Gail" <ladylayla@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Check to see what is starting up when you boot your computer up.  See if
>>>anything is in teh startup folder, check using msconfig as well
>>>
>>>"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message

0
edmull2 (5)

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

"Excel needs to close"
Frequently, when turning my computer on, I will get the error message, "Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close". It has not been left on nor was it used in the previous session of computer use. I am using XP Home. How can I fix it or should I even be concerned? Check to see what is starting up when you boot your computer up. See if anything is in teh startup folder, check using msconfig as well "Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message news:3om_h.111445$s8.90157@newsfe21.lga... > Frequently, when turning my comp...