"cannot start the source application for this object"

I just installed MS Office 2007.  I open Excel and choose Insert - Object. I
select Microsoft Word Document.  It returns with an error:

"cannot start the source application for this object"

First it tries to repair the problem, but no success.

I can insert an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Becky
0
Becky (52)
1/31/2007 10:37:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Cannot start the source application for this object #2
I added a .pdf file into an excel spreadsheet workbook. Whenever I try to open the file, I get an error message that say " Cannot start the source application for this object". It will not let me open this Adobe Acrobat document. I do not have a problem opening the .pdf document by itself outside the excel spreadsheet. Thanks, Charlie Hi, we have the same problem with TIF files. On an XP computer it doesn't work. If we do this on an Office 2000 running on Terminal Server it works fine ... Any idea ? It has to do with the Imaging application. Wangimg.exe is not running...

Cannot start the source application for this object
there is an Excel doc created in Office 2000, when you open this doc, there are some boxes with text on them which should be opened with Microsoft Organizaion Chart, in office 2000 was working, without changeing any setting but in office 2003 will give you this message if you try to open the boxes "Cannot start the source application for this object " Please email me if you have the answer please at sam.ghannadi@ngc.com thanks ...

Cannot start the source application for this object
An Adobe document is embedded into an excel program (as a package) and whenever we try to open the pdf we get the error "Cannot start the source application for this object". I have upgraded the Adobe Reader to version 7.0.8. If you right click on it and select copy then go to the desktop and select paste it will paste the document. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I have the same problem. From searching here I see that other people have it as well; but yet no answers. This is what I am doing when I get the error. Insert>Object>Create from file>Browse the ...

cannot start the source application for this object in excel
An Excel file created in Excel 2000. It has an organizational chart. Replaced computer and running Office 2003 SBE. Can open spreadsheet, but when I double-click the chart object to edit, receive a "cannot start the source application for this object". -- Philip Mollica President ZDT Networks LLC The applets which created such things as org charts in Office were changed for Office 1003, and apparently the new applets aren't clever enough to open the old objects. I imagine it's possible to get back the older applets. I did this to get back Photo Editor, which was remov...

"cannot start the source application for this object"
I just installed MS Office 2007. I open Excel and choose Insert - Object. I select Microsoft Word Document. It returns with an error: "cannot start the source application for this object" First it tries to repair the problem, but no success. I can insert an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document. Any ideas? Thanks, Becky ...